Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,835 members, 7,889,784 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:32 PM

My Educational Career Is About To Be Forcefully Changed...pls Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Educational Career Is About To Be Forcefully Changed...pls Help (426 Views)

Help A Friend On His Educational Career / What Do You Want Me To Add For You In My Educational Website? / Building Up Your Educational Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Educational Career Is About To Be Forcefully Changed...pls Help by raygoes2sch: 4:59am On Dec 03, 2012
posted this earlier....thx God for the Eko games, it gave me additional 2 weeks

Pls, this is quite urgent as I ave limited time to register 2weeks.

I'm an undergraduate student, science faculty.
I selected a newly introduced option in my 2nd year out of 7 options of which 5 were newly introduced.

I have completed a year in option as I am going to 300Level now.

Just yesterday my course adviser told me that they have scraPped the options for us that we shhld go back to the 2 that were available before.
He said they want to start with 100L students. He claimed that the other department that I do borrow courses from sed their course is 5yrs, that we can't come and borrow courses and finish in 4yrs as my cousrse is normally 4yrs.

The problem now is: As am doin the option ave done the required courses for it, but if I agree to change, I will ave to go and rewrite the 200L courses of the new option I changed to.

Honestly my earlier option they stopped us from isn't an easy one but I chose to do it, wich resulted in me having C-grades where normally I wuld ave had As in other options.

The worst part, some 300L students(going to 400L now) had to loose a year just to do this option. Now its like their effort and sacrifice dashed away.

Funny enuf we are about 10 candidates affected.

Pls advice as am thinking of getting a legal advice.

i forgot to mention that, i went for programming course in APTECH to give me an edge....GUESS u knw how much that costs me
Re: My Educational Career Is About To Be Forcefully Changed...pls Help by Caseless: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2012
If i get what u said, those in 300L goin to 4L were also affected by this change in option?
To avoid a final year problem, u can jst do as ur course adviser said....cos this might affect ur graduation and possibly add an extra year to the number of years u are to spend in ur school.

U knw students dont have rights in nigerian universities; as the management/department do whatever they like with the students. So u have to apply caution in how u push cos u might turn the department against urself. Best of lucks...bro!

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigeria need more universities? / Pls I Need Help / Information Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.