Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,717 members, 7,969,090 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:12 PM

Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) (67658 Views)

See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) / Learn How To Clone Yourself Multiple Times In One Picture Using Your Phone / How Their Samsunggalaxy S4 Got Burnt While Charging [seephoto] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Ogojohn(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2012
dadicvila: Uncle Please tell us a story....who is the guy that died while using his phone while it was charging??he dosnt have a name??make una carry una mumu stories comot joh
I SUPPORT YOU MY BROS. WE CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING. THE CURRENT THAT FLOWS THROUGH THE CHARGER IS NOT ENOUGH TO EVEN ELECTROCUTE A FOWL TALKLESS OF A HUMAN.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by 6ft: 11:27am On Dec 04, 2012
BUSTED!
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by TeenageMoney(m): 11:32am On Dec 04, 2012
Hey guys, anyways this is a wildquestion that comes out from my mind. I'm a mobile user from many years, but have you tried using this way many times? If yes, then look deeply with this good explaination from me

EXPLAINATION:
Charging while using the phoneis in fact not recommended. Because while the phone is charging, whole power is used to charge the phone. That's why your phone gets charged within the usual time. Usually when the charging is complete, the phones firmware stops the charging process internally (at least in some phones). Also the phones battery comes loaded with a temperature monitor circuit which gives a feedback signal to the phone to stop/adjust charging current if the temperature increases beyond certain limits. But whenyou use it, power is drawn fromthe battery and as a result the battery heats up. Still the charger continues to charge it because the battery voltage is below the cutoff. As a result every time you use it when charging, the battery is not getting the full charging power -and it acts like the charger is what feeding the phone literally- so it keeps on chargingand also warms up the battery a lot more due to both chargingand discharging at the same time. If its a good quality battery, it signals back a temp feedback stopping the chargingprocess even if its still plugged in.

These are the reason why the charging time increases and you feel unusual warm.

In short, when you are using while charging the battery is undergoing high stress due to

+ discharging at a higher rate than charging.

+ insufficient charging voltage/current.

+ temperature of battery & phone (as a whole),

+ frequent cutoff etc...

Here I said only about the battery. But in reality, it affects the phone and charger as well.

So using the phone while charging is really really bad idea for your phone, charger & battery. The outcome can be from a bulged dead battery to a fried charging circuit at the worst.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nellyd(f): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2012
jerseyboy: made in china
exactly my tot
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2012
sting_224: stale news

Yeah, it's stale news for you and me but not so for others. I've heard about this like 3years ago and since then I've never done such again.

It's better to put on the loudspeaker when receiving a call or remove the charging port from the phone.

Also, people should endeavour to use the loudspeaker at times whether the phone is charging/not.

#Prevention is better than cure#
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by felifeli: 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Trendline: Many people are guilty of this! I guess you should stop it after reading this and please tell others about it...

A few days ago, a guy was charging his mobile phone at home. Just at that time a call came in and he answered it with the charging Instrument still connected to the outlet.

Shortly electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained (maybe there was current fluctuation) and the young man was thrown to the floor with a heavy thud. As you can see, the phone actually exploded.

His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death if not handled with care.

Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet!
If you are charging the cell phone and a call comes in, unplug it from the charger before answering the call.

http://www.brimtime.com/2012/12/dangers-of-using-your-cell-phone-while.html

Absolute rubbish. You need to be an illiterate to believe this, or your cell phone was made in 1862. The kind of current that would fry your phone would have destroyed the adaptor before it even gets to you.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by pat077: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
i do this always and i'll continue doin it.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Galaxydon1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2012
Thats for chinese phones.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by texazzpete(m): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Yeah, it's stale news for you and me but not so for others. I've heard about this like 3years ago and since then I've never done such again.

It's better to put on the loudspeaker when receiving a call or remove the charging port from the phone.

Also, people should endeavour to use the loudspeaker at times whether the phone is charging/not.

To think you're this proud of your stoopidity!

You've changed your habits over a KNOWN HOAX and you're here advising others who are much smarter than yourself to follow suit!
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by DonEwexco(m): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
What of stealing phone while on charging, is it dangerous as well?....lol
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by bamac(m): 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

i use hear piece...durrr...
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
felifeli:

Absolute rubbish. You need to be an illiterate to believe this, or your cell phone was made in 1862. The kind of current that would fry your phone would have destroyed the adaptor before it even gets to you.
i have seen a phone battery exploded before, but it is extremely uncommon, and if it appears it's usually because someone has been using the wrong charger or battery, so it is possible, for it to cause death is something i think might theoritically be possible, because of the presence of chemicals like Lithium which can cause death if it finds it way into the blood stream, so i will advice pls dont answer call while charge your phone , prevention is better than cure
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by amyg(f): 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
Viewing this thread:
emyboy94, bodejohn(m), adahib, farud(f), topsy70, ebsuguy(m), newwavemotors, Nafizzey(m), yomatty(m), dewize01(m), bacco2000(m), Dondav(m), trent9002(m), Vickivicki(m), Princess Eni(f), Adeyanju23(m), kenis(m), akinwun, zicobaba(m), onojiwizard@gmail.com(m), IRIENBOY, makky(f), Wilfem(m), Gombs(m), Lagusta(m), Creatrixity(m) and 31 guest(s)
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by aieromon(m): 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
Rubbish talk. I always cringe in anger whenever I get reminded to unplug the charger before receiving a call.

Rubbish,I say!
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by steinacoz(m): 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
Teenage Money: Hey guys, anyways this is a wildquestion that comes out from my mind. I'm a mobile user from many years, but have you tried using this way many times? If yes, then look deeply with this good explaination from me

EXPLAINATION:
Charging while using the phoneis in fact not recommended. Because while the phone is charging, whole power is used to charge the phone. That's why your phone gets charged within the usual time. Usually when the charging is complete, the phones firmware stops the charging process internally (at least in some phones). Also the phones battery comes loaded with a temperature monitor circuit which gives a feedback signal to the phone to stop/adjust charging current if the temperature increases beyond certain limits. But whenyou use it, power is drawn fromthe battery and as a result the battery heats up. Still the charger continues to charge it because the battery voltage is below the cutoff. As a result every time you use it when charging, the battery is not getting the full charging power -and it acts like the charger is what feeding the phone literally- so it keeps on chargingand also warms up the battery a lot more due to both chargingand discharging at the same time. If its a good quality battery, it signals back a temp feedback stopping the chargingprocess even if its still plugged in.

These are the reason why the charging time increases and you feel unusual warm.

In short, when you are using while charging the battery is undergoing high stress due to

+ discharging at a higher rate than charging.

+ insufficient charging voltage/current.

+ temperature of battery & phone (as a whole),

+ frequent cutoff etc...

Here I said only about the battery. But in reality, it affects the phone and charger as well.

So using the phone while charging is really really bad idea for your phone, charger & battery. The outcome can be from a bulged dead battery to a fried charging circuit at the worst.

Teenage money I respect U̶̲̥̅̊ , U̶̲̥̅̊ really went to school not that retard that started all this....

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Candybob(m): 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
Eze Promoe:
Forget talk jor. Im village enemies stab him pishure for mirror.
hahaha... naa family problem
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by LordReed(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
Forwarded email alert claims a young man was killed (electrocuted) when he answered a cell phone that was plugged in to charge the battery.

Description: Email rumor
Circulating since: Aug. 2004

Example #1:
Email contributed by Lori M., Sep. 14, 2005:
Subject:Cellphone
charging
VERYIMPORTANT..PLEASE
READ
Never,everansweracell
phonewhileitisbeing
CHARGED!!
Afewdaysago,aperson
wasrecharginghiscell
phoneathome.
Justatthattimeacall
cameandheansweredit
withtheinstrumentstill
connectedtotheoutlet.
Afterafewseconds
electricityflowedinto
thecellphone
unrestrainedandtheyoung
manwasthrowntothe
groundwithaheavythud.
Hisparentsrushedtothe
roomonlytofindhim
unconscious,withaweak
heartbeatandburnt
fingers.
Hewasrushedtothe
nearbyhospital,butwas
pronounceddeadon
arrival.
Cellphonesareavery
usefulmoderninvention.
However,wemustbeaware
thatitcanalsobean
instrumentofdeath.
Neverusethecellphone
whileitishookedtothe
electricaloutlet!
Example #2:
Email contributed by Raja, Aug. 22, 2005:
Subject:Don'tuseyour
cellphonewhilecharging
DearAll,
Isendthismessageto
makeyouawareofthe
dangerpotentialofthe
commonlyusedcellular
phone.Afewdaysago,a
closerelativeofminewas
recharginghiscellphone
athome.Justatthattime
acallcameandhe
attendedtothatcallwith
theinstrumentstill
connectedtothemains.
Afterafewseconds
electricityflowedinto
thecellphoneunrestrained
andtheyoungmanwas
throwntothegroundwith
aheavythud.Hisparents
rushedtotheroomonlyto
findhimunconscious,with
weakheartbeatsandburnt
fingers.Hewasrushedto
thenearbyhospital,but
waspronounceddeadon
arrival.Cellphoneisa
veryusefulmodern
invention.However,we
mustbeawarethatitcan
alsobeaninstrumentof
death.
Neverusethecellphone
whileitishookedtothe
mains!
Thisismyhumbleplea.
Sincerely,
Dr.D.SureshKumarR&grin

Comments: I have rated this warning "overblown" because it stems from a single news report published in 2004 about an Indian man who was fatally electrocuted while answering a cell phone that was plugged in for charging. Assuming the report was accurate, it is fair to conclude that either the phone or the charger was defective, given that

1) I could find no other reports of people being electrocuted while using a charging cell phone,

2) under normal circumstances the current flowing into a charging cell phone ought not to be strong enough to kill anyone, and

3) neither manufacturers nor consumer agencies warn customers against using mobile phones while they are being charged. Under the circumstances, therefore, it would seem excessive to label the ubiquitous device "an instrument of death."
Which is not to say no one has ever been injured by a cell phone. Over the past few years there have been numerous reports of cell phones exploding or catching fire, causing injury to their owners. Most of these incidents were blamed on the use of unauthorized and/or faulty batteries.

Source: urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_cell_phone_electrocuted.htm
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by dnawah(m): 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
May be the phone is made in midle east
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by hardbody: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
sting_224: stale news

darned phocking stale. They should tell us something new abeg
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by hardbody: 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
pat077: i do this always and i'll continue doin it.

Me too
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by LeJeun3: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
Trendline: Many people are guilty of this! I guess you should stop it after reading this and please tell others about it...

A few days ago, a guy was charging his mobile phone at home. Just at that time a call came in and he answered it with the charging Instrument still connected to the outlet.

Shortly electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained (maybe there was current fluctuation) and the young man was thrown to the floor with a heavy thud. As you can see, the phone actually exploded.

His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death if not handled with care.

Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet!
If you are charging the cell phone and a call comes in, unplug it from the charger before answering the call.

http://www.brimtime.com/2012/12/dangers-of-using-your-cell-phone-while.html
This story is as old as my yahoo account!
Phones have past this stage...
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by kenx1(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
BLACKBERRY USERS TAKE NOTE grin
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by lasunray(m): 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
maybe na killer number[url]maybe na killer number[/url]maybe na killer number
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by denny4ril: 5:32am On Dec 05, 2012
dadicvila: Uncle Please tell us a story....who is the guy that died while using his phone while it was charging??he dosnt have a name??make una carry una mumu stories comot joh
not mumu story oooo, this is not the first time it happening and don't let it happen to you too.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Exponental(m): 6:29am On Dec 05, 2012
I totally disagree.
1.The type of current that comes out of a charger is DC. A charger is as good as a battery. All it does is push from charger(abt 4.5V) into battery(3V). (Does forget dat car battery of 12V does not shock)
2. The charger cable is more flexible than a common stabilizer fuse, and so cannot even take an AC 4 long. It will render d cable useless. If there is any fault and and there is a form of electrical escape, it cannot pass through d cable for long dat will result in death.
3. From d safety point of view, all dat could av happened was heat generated on probably d bed, meeting any form of fuel and oxygen mixture.
heat (@ignition temp) + oxygen + fuel= fire
4. OP, if u believe in spiritual attack, av a re-think.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Cabsso(m): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2012
Jarus: Saw these pics like 6 years ago.
grin
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by georgesylva(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2012
1. If the exterior is metallic it would conduct. If it isnt it wouldnt.
2. Avoid recieving calls or making calls without earphones (i.e handsfree) cos of the high electromagnetic waves emitted at such times(10times greater)
3. Dont place your phones around your chest and balls (for guys).
My own 2 cent.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by georgesylva(m): 8:52am On Dec 05, 2012
Exponental: I totally disagree.
1.The type of current that comes out of a charger is DC. A charger is as good as a battery. All it does is push from charger(abt 4.5V) into battery(3V). (Does forget dat car battery of 12V does not shock)
2. The charger cable is more flexible than a common stabilizer fuse, and so cannot even take an AC 4 long. It will render d cable useless. If there is any fault and and there is a form of electrical escape, it cannot pass through d cable for long dat will result in death.
3. From d safety point of view, all dat could av happened was heat generated on probably d bed, meeting any form of fuel and oxygen mixture.
heat (@ignition temp) + oxygen + fuel= fire
4. OP, if u believe in spiritual attack, av a re-think.
OGA MY BROTHER TORCH2 DON SHOCK ME B4! Gbogbo engineer!
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by peterugoobi(m): 9:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Am sure it is all this new china phones that don't use adaptor that you plug directly into the ac mains
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by marylady(f): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2012
let us all be very careful i beg u in the name of God
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by TableLeg(m): 11:02am On Dec 05, 2012
Jheeeeeze!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This May Be The Most Expensive Phone You Will Ever See **pix** / White Man Who Gave His Phone To A Black Looking At His Phone, Goes Viral / How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.