Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,650 members, 7,918,105 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 10:38 PM

50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? (2462 Views)

Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! / 30k Monthly Salary For Nigerian Graduates, Scholarship For All, Just Register / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by 2pence(m): 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
After completing his Service year(NYSC) My Friend a masters degree holder(Second-class upper) in Business Administration/marketing at York University England with his internship at United Nations and kellurgs respectively was offered to be retained by a Firm in Lagos for a monthly salary of 50k

On acceptance of Employment offer he will be placed on 6(six) Months probation after which might affect a review of salary and bla bla bla

Please has anyone experienced such before ? Share it here let's hear
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
its simple, accept or reject
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by DisGuy: 11:34am On Dec 04, 2012
what's the position?

what is in the contract after probation?

what industry?
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by 2pence(m): 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dis Guy: what's the position?

what is in the contract after probation?

what industry?
Its an IT firm based in Lagos and the contract after probations states that the salary will be increased to 80 thousand Naira for an executive Manager

The point is I think Most employers of labour in this Country really don't value CV's or should I say frustrate folks with overseas qualifications WHY ?
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by DisGuy: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
2pence: Its an IT firm based in Lagos and the contract after probations states that the salary will be increased to 80 thousand Naira for an executive Manager

The point is I think Most employers of labour in this Country really don't value CV's or should I say frustrate folks with overseas qualifications WHY ?

most employers of labour are struggling themselves (poor business plan, environment, ego etc)

Qualification is one thing experience is quite another..

it might just be a small/medium firm?

some chartered accountants earn 70k some accounting grad earn 100k+ minimum
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by AjanleKoko: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
2pence: After completing his Service year(NYSC) My Friend a masters degree holder(Second-class upper) in Business Administration/marketing at York University England with his internship at United Nations and kellurgs respectively was offered to be retained by a Firm in Lagos for a monthly salary of 50k

On acceptance of Employment offer he will be placed on 6(six) Months probation after which might affect a review of salary and bla bla bla

Please has anyone experienced such before ? Share it here let's hear

@OP,
Did he accept the offer? undecided
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by violent(m): 12:03am On Dec 05, 2012
2pence: Its an IT firm based in Lagos and the contract after probations states that the salary will be increased to 80 thousand Naira for an executive Manager

Let's say you are an employer of labour and on average, you make a tidy profit of 1 million a month. let's say I'm a Cambridge grad with experience at the world bank. Assume you have a position in your company for which a local hire would be very willing to accept a salary of 60k and your profits will not increase significantly regardless who does the job. How much would you be willing to pay me, a Cambridge grad in the place of a Unilag grad to do the same job?
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by patoski96(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2012
violent:

Let's say you are an employer of labour and on average, you make a tidy profit of 1 million a month. let's say I'm a Cambridge grad with experience at the world bank. Assume you have a position in your company for which a local hire would be very willing to accept a salary of 60k and your profits will not increase significantly regardless who does the job. How much would you be willing to pay me, a Cambridge grad in the place of a Unilag grad to do the same job?
Doing a business with un-progressive result year in year out,Get off from that mindset,Why do you think Nigerian Government keeps calling (Ngozi Okonjo) cos they know she's got contact and experience to champion the Economic decision-making of this country, If I know that a cambrigde grad is exposed well enough to have worked in the place you mentioned and hv a blue print to increase My company's financial status positively then why would I settle for less ? What we are discussing here is an IT firm(don't want to mention name) with a capacity to do more than a mere 50k salary
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by AjanleKoko: 10:10am On Dec 05, 2012
patoski96: Doing a business with un-progressive result year in year out,Get off from that mindset,Why do you think Nigerian Government keeps calling (Ngozi Okonjo) cos they know she's got contact and experience to champion the Economic decision-making of this country, If I know that a cambrigde grad is exposed well enough to have worked in the place you mentioned and hv a blue print to increase My company's financial status positively then why would I settle for less ? What we are discussing here is an IT firm(don't want to mention name) with a capacity to do more than a mere 50k salary

You miss the point here, friend.
If the company cannot afford to pay the Cambridge graduate, based on their current balance sheet, how will you hire such a person?
Even perception has to be paid for. The Government of Nigeria can afford to pay Ngozi, just like Real Madrid can afford to hire Jose Mourinho. Do you think Leeds United or Portsmouth can afford to pay Jose Mourinho? It's the same thing.
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by 2pence(m): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2012
@ patoski,I was exactly going to write same,Mindset is everything,I just dnt want to mentioned the name of the firm but I know they are suppose to have done better than that,some of these firms Use people to the maximum and pay them less than nothing, When I did my service @ Edo state ,I had my primary assignment in school(Private school) where am the Vice principal,I teach them Maths ,physics and English yet my take home was below 10k and I do almost all the thinking for the School owner,and I remember that I was approached on completion of my service year to be retained for mere stipends
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by Jarus(m): 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2012

It's not totally a matter of CV. An employer wont pay you what he can't afford or what is more than the value you add to his business.
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by violent(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
patoski96: Doing a business with un-progressive result year in year out,Get off from that mindset,Why do you think Nigerian Government keeps calling (Ngozi Okonjo) cos they know she's got contact and experience to champion the Economic decision-making of this country, If I know that a cambrigde grad is exposed well enough to have worked in the place you mentioned and hv a blue print to increase My company's financial status positively then why would I settle for less ? What we are discussing here is an IT firm(don't want to mention name) with a capacity to do more than a mere 50k salary

You are missing the point.

Simple economical reasoning gives that your total revenue is maximized at the point where your marginal revenue from an input equals your marginal cost of the input. If the extra benefits you can obtain in all possible scenarios, from hiring a Cambridge grad does not in the very least equal to the extra cost to you, then proceeding to hire that extra worker will only guarantee you economic losses. Why should you pay a premium for someone who is only going to be able to deliver the same output as someone else in which case the differences between both workers exist only in terms of the Universities attended by each individual?

If you have three secretaries already, would you pay 5 times as much for another secretary simply because he or she had a Phd from MIT?
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by AjanleKoko: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
violent:

You are missing the point.

Simple economical reasoning gives that your total revenue is maximized at the point where your marginal revenue from an input equals your marginal cost of the input.

You just put a rocket-science spin on the argument cheesy
if he had any chance of getting it earlier, certainly not with this your statement grin
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by Jarus(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
AjanleKoko:

You just put a rocket-science spin on the argument cheesy
if he had any chance of getting it earlier, certainly not with this your statement grin
AJ, Mukina has asked me to open career section poster of the year thread, but I don't want to, since you're around. Can we expect it up soon?
Re: 50k Monthly Salary For York Masters Degree Holder ? by xandy84: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
My uncle once told me that his company, IGI paid a master degree holder from Scotland 60k for a start all because she does not have any experience while the same company pay B.Sc holder that had work for 3 years 100k plus.. The point is not your degree but experience....

(1) (Reply)

Project Management Professional Exam Preparation Boot Camp - Lagos, Abuja & PH / Ten (10) Steps On How To Be A Computer Genius/expert / Can Someone Use An Nce Qualification To Work In Financial Institutions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.