Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,171 members, 7,916,417 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:58 PM

NUPENGASSAN Begins Strike Over Shell’s Labour Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUPENGASSAN Begins Strike Over Shell’s Labour Policy (531 Views)

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / PDP Workers on Strike over non-payment of Three Months Salaries / NUPENG Begins Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NUPENGASSAN Begins Strike Over Shell’s Labour Policy by EteFlexible: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2012
LEADERS of National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, and Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association, PENGASSAN, yesterday, announced that beginning today, members of both unions would commence a nationwide strike should the management of Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC, fail to reinstate sacked members as directed by the Minister of Labour and Productivity.

PENGASSAN disclosed this in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Zaid Kolawole.
Re: NUPENGASSAN Begins Strike Over Shell’s Labour Policy by sammily(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2012
I think the first question we need to ask is WHY were they sacked.
Re: NUPENGASSAN Begins Strike Over Shell’s Labour Policy by EteFlexible: 9:11am On Dec 04, 2012
Nigerians at the end of the day these people who claim to be for the masses are actually anti people!!! Their activities over the years have shown that 80% of their movement is for personal and selfish interest... Why should we suffer scarcity because their members have been drop from work? can't another person take that position or is it their right to die there and pass it on to their children!!!! We are preaching about corruption but this is corruption in its highest level of intimidation.... If dats the case job seeks should no longer search for jobs because unions like this have people in various private organization and can't be sacked because its their right and no other Nigerian has a say..... If am Shell i won't answer you clowns and lets see the final out come.....

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Bombers Promised 72 Virgins In Heaven   / I Will Send Rich Tax Defaulter To Jail - Oshiomhole / I Really Missed A VIP in NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.