Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,905 members, 7,942,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra (6124 Views)

NAF Hospital For Boko Haram Victims Commences Operations In Borno (photos) / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by MajeOfficial: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2012

by Emmanuel Obe, Awka

A team of investment consultants from the United States has proposed to build a world-class hospital in Anambra State.

The team, which visited Governor Peter Obi in Awka on Monday, said the hospital, when completed, would employ more than 40 doctors and 1,000 nurses.

A member of the team, Dr. Maria Todd, said the hospital would also create opportunities for capacity development for other workers including technicians and engineers.

She explained that the hospital with advanced health facility could extend services to the West African sub-region, noting that the state had the potential to drive the process.

The traditional ruler of Ifite-Dunu, Igwe Emeka Ilouno, who is part of the team, said they wanted to key into the achievements recorded in the health sector by the Obi-led administration.

He noted that the group was responding to the governor's call to stakeholders to make the state attractive for investment.

Obi said with the right leadership, Nigeria could effectively harness its abundant potential to become a major player in world economy.

Establishing such world class hospital in the state, he said, was important to help achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/dec/4/802.html
Pictures at www.facebook.com/
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by FreeGlobe(f): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
Yesirrrrrrrr...... even with a sleeping, stingy, selfish, thief thief governor, Anambra is working.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
great news!
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by MajeOfficial: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
With the amount Nigeria spends on hospital tourism, the first state to build a world class hospital, and i mean, top 50 hospitals world wide first class, is guarnteed 350+ billion annually. wise move by the governor.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
[quote author=]
With the amount Nigeria spends on hospital tourism, the first state to build a world class hospital, and i mean, top 50 hospitals world wide first class, is guarnteed 350+ billion annually. wise move by the governor.
[/quote]

i hope they plan to have a helipad on site because that would ensure that patients are flown in from anywhere in africa.
this is a huge industry but most of our leaders lack foresight.
if they say it is worldclass, let them never compromise the standard o.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by hurricaneChris: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
The MD of Greenlife Pharm. Ltd who is also a native of Anambra is buildin a world class diagnostic centre in Ilupeju Lagos, which am part of d project. Imagine wat d health sector of Anambra will look like if these facilities ar in Anambra.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2012
hurricaneChris: The MD of Greenlife Pharm. Ltd who is also a native of Anambra is buildin a world class diagnostic centre in Ilupeju Lagos, which am part of d project. Imagine wat d health sector of Anambra will look like if these facilities ar in Anambra.

maybe you need to warn him that his investment is about to be overtaken by a more promising one
because i doubt that this hospital won't put up a similar one closer to the hospital
anambra is potentially the "isreal" of nigeria in terms of economic potential.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by FreeGlobe(f): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
^
you can say that again. Any igbo man still investing anywhere outside igboland is a big fool and iddddiot

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by mike404(m): 11:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
Great move!
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by OneNaira6: 11:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
FreeGlobe: ^
you can say that again. Any igbo man still investing anywhere outside igboland is a big fool and iddddiot

My sentiment exactly. Some people just don't learn. When sh1t hits the fan, watch the same set moaning and crying for the igbo community to help them get their property back.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 05, 2012
One_Naira:

My sentiment exactly. Some people just don't learn. When sh1t hits the fan, watch the same set moaning and crying for the igbo community to help them get their property back.

na true my broda! cheesy cheesy
i think what we should do is to outinvest them in igboland
one day they will wake up to see that SE has taken over economically and their investments elsewhere is inferior
you know some of them do it out of inferiority complex, a feeling that outside is superior
just wait
one day they will discover that they cannot even buy a plot of land in igboland
umu anuofia

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by FreeGlobe(f): 12:05am On Dec 05, 2012
One_Naira:

my bro how far. Its just ridiculous. with the way everybody is now tactically answering his father's name and with the reckless statements of fashola after a plate of amala, added to massacre of igbos in the north termed boko haram. I wonder when these igbos will start looking inwards.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 05, 2012
FreeGlobe:
my bro how far. Its just ridiculous. with the way everybody is now tactically answering his father's name and with the reckless statements of fashola, added to massacre of igbos in the north termed boko haram. I wonder when these igbos will start looking inwards.

my broda they won't!
the only time they would is when their investments start looking inferior to the ones in igboland.
just imagine innoson now; do you see any igbo starting a car manufacturing company outside igboland?
the same thing will happen in other sectors, just wait.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by FreeGlobe(f): 12:14am On Dec 05, 2012
re@lchange:

my broda they won't!
the only time they would is when their investments start looking inferior to the ones in igboland.
just imagine innoson now; do you see any igbo starting a car manufacturing company outside igboland?
the same thing will happen in other sectors, just wait.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by OneNaira6: 12:39am On Dec 05, 2012
FreeGlobe:
my bro how far. Its just ridiculous. with the way everybody is now tactically answering his father's name and with the reckless statements of fashola after a plate of amala, added to massacre of igbos in the north termed boko haram. I wonder when these igbos will start looking inwards.

My sister i dey oo. How about you? My father has business in most of SE and few in SS. Based on what i gathered from his partners. They have this misconception that north is easier to penetrate due to low competition while lagos on the other hand provides more opportunity with foreign and nigerian investors due to it containing majority of foreign companies, etc. in terms of traders, due to high account it cost to collect your property from custom plus the high amount it cost to ship it down east, most traders decide to keep their business in lagos just to reduce the cost. I personally think it's ignorant. With the future aftermath hanging over the head, it ain't worth it. plus there is no guarantee, tge misconception might come to your favor. I actually know a guy that started a hospital equipment business with my cousin. The nigg@ complaining and accusing my cousin for witchcraft cause his business is advancing while the other guy is going bankrupt. Ironically enough before they started the business, he told my cousin "a company in onitsha would go so far but if you want reach international then go where oyinbo dey for naija". My father advised both am, trying to dispel the confusion. Maba, man no go listen. Like whose fault is it that he decided to base his in lagos and my cousin did his in onitsha. smh. one more thing, I personally think it is until the property claiming happen to them, that's when their eyes would open. My grandfather had all his business and property in Lagos. The only thing we called our own in asaba back then was the home he built for his parents. After the war, they lost everything, eyes and brain opened up in my paternal family. He's siblings, cousins, his own children, etc what occurred as a reality check. Absolutely noone in his side have any business or property outside of igboland. My father knows a man with similar story but his is more recent from the event occurring in north. I believe it is until it happens to them, that's when reality hit.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by OneNaira6: 12:42am On Dec 05, 2012
re@lchange:

one day they will wake up to see that SE has taken over economically and their investments elsewhere is inferior
you know some of them do it out of inferiority complex, a feeling that outside is superior
just wait
umu anuofia

My sentiment exactly. Instead of trying to teach, take advantage. If a man tells you a business he wants to try out but choose Lagos or abuja, etc to do it. Take advantage and do it in enugu, ph, onitsha, asaba, etc. of he cries foul, F him.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by hurricaneChris: 5:07am On Dec 05, 2012
My brodas, i shed tears everyday wen eva i go to dt site for inspection. Rememberin that an Ibo man is puttin up dis kinda structure (first of its kind in Nigeria) outside his state meks me shed tears. The diagnostic equipments needed in dt facility alone is takin abt $7m...seven million dollars.

And the funniest and most annoyin tin is dt he is doin this in conjuction with some foreign guys. U guys need to c hw willing these white guys are to invest in this project.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by MajeOfficial: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2012
In due time everybody. Ndigbo has more than what it takes to build several of these at home and im glad gov. obi is leading the way. It only remains Eboyi and Abia and Delta otherwise every state with an igbo population

rivers
imo
anambra
enugu
ibom

seem to be gearing to take the world by storm! Alaigbo needs to invest first and foremost in world class hospitals. I can tell you that the MAJORITY of igbos in the west want to return back home and invest but since they're older their #1 concern is hospitalization.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2012
This is a good achievement. If more Igbos can invest back home, the sky will be our starting point.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Babaken(m): 11:50am On Dec 05, 2012
re@lchange:
great news!
nothing 2 say now till then.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by yuzedo: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Come, what the Fuckkkkkk is up with all the "my brother, my sister" flying around bikonu? Ha na eke anu ebe a?? Eh? FreeGLobe, realchange, One Naira? grin undecided

By the way, until they lay the foundation stone, don't rejoice prematurely. "Investors" talk.. And governors "Propagate"... All na wash until they dedicate the completed project!
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Abrantie: 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
[img]http://3.bp..com/-C3b1Dlu8i9c/T91qE_AeQiI/AAAAAAAAAQo/m1WPVgcdG_0/s400/shocked_face.jpg[/img]

I thought Nigerians don't like foreign investments. I thought every industry in Naija is owned and managed by Nigerians. I thought, well, the giant of Africa, could at least build a decent hospital by herself. What a shocker!..LOL. shocked shocked shocked
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Bigflamie(m): 12:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
To build, to construct, to renovate, to, to, to Nna eeh, these their 'to' don too much
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by manny4life(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
Isn't it funny how some people react, hmm, they will have HBP for nothing

Congratulation to the state, hope this turns right. Anyone who can't read in between the line, I feel pity for them - the unity of Nigeria is at the brink of collapse, thus, should it collapse, your investment outside a safeguarded place is high risk.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Navalsadiq(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
re@lchange:

just wait
umu anuofia
you guyz are on your own.oyo for una jor!
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
1. First indigenous automobile manufacturing plant , where? Anambra
2. First non government owned refinery, where? Anambra
3. Now, proposed first world-class medical center in Nigeria, where? Anambra
4 First to indigenously invent defense equipment and weapons used during the Biafra war...Anambra. Led by our great Professor Gordian Obuneme Ezekwe (1929-1997). If you don't know him, go and study his inventions. A Professor of mechanical engineering, who led other Biafran professors and engineers to design and build defense weapons. He shocked the world and Nigerian government during the Biafran war. He was later appointed minister of science and technology by IBB with hope of fostering indigenous/homegrown invention. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1997.

Only if Biafra were a country, we would have built a world-class medical center long ago and exporting military equipment and weapons to Nigeria and other African countries.

Biafran-made Tank and Warship
http://oolusesan..com/2012/06/national-war-museum-lest-we-forget.html

Biafran Aircraft
http://www.italmotion.com/Project1.html

Professor Gordian Ezekwe
http://www.ogbomoso.net/adekunle8.html

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Navalsadiq(m): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
hurricaneChris: My brodas, i shed tears everyday wen eva i go to dt site for inspection. Rememberin that an Ibo man is puttin up dis kinda structure (first of its kind in Nigeria) outside his state meks me shed tears. The diagnostic equipments needed in dt facility alone is takin abt $7m...seven million dollars.

And the funniest and most annoyin tin is dt he is doin this in conjuction with some foreign guys. U guys need to c hw willing these white guys are to invest in this project.
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Navalsadiq(m): 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
hurricaneChris: My brodas, i shed tears everyday wen eva i go to dt site for inspection. Rememberin that an Ibo man is puttin up dis kinda structure (first of its kind in Nigeria) outside his state meks me shed tears. The diagnostic equipments needed in dt facility alone is takin abt $7m...seven million dollars.

why are you so insensitive.lagos is a very gud location for business and has got the population to succeed in any kind of business you establish.if you dont want to spread your investment simply because you are filled with sentiment and nepotism then allow other people with gud heart to do it.no body gets a nobel prize for criticizing.wawa kowai
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Ikwerefistson: 1:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
[quote author=]In due time everybody. Ndigbo has more than what it takes to build several of these at home and im glad gov. obi is leading the way. It only remains Eboyi and Abia and Delta otherwise every state with an igbo population

rivers
imo
anambra
enugu
ibom

seem to be gearing to take the world by storm! Alaigbo needs to invest first and foremost in world class hospitals. I can tell you that the MAJORITY of igbos in the west want to return back home and invest but since they're older their #1 concern is hospitalization. [/quote] gbam
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Antivirus92(m): 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thank God for that!
Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by Ikwerefistson: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
re@lchange:
great news!
ya ibos am proud of u pepl.d best seling african literature of al tyme tins fal apart ibo.d fist indegnus vc of ui ibo ,fist vc of unilag ibo,d fist african phd maths holdr ibo 1952.wen nija neva no wetn be maths o.d fist phd in physics in nija ibo prof pn okeke.d fist educationist ibo alvan ikoku,fist pepl 2 produce fire arm guns ibos,fist milionare in black afrika ibo sir louis ojukwu,fist fighter pilot in nija ibo.fist army general ibo,fist 2 fnd a vacine 4 cholera ibo, fist 2 develope agric brawler fowles breadng ibos,d most internationaly recorgnsd nationalist ibo zik nf afrika,d fist boxng champ ibo d fist comonweath gold medalist ibo,d fist olympic gold ibo,d most decoratd nija player ibo,d fist vehicle manufacture ibo,d fist stte uni imsu ibo,d fist airport bult by d mases in nija imo airport,d largest market in africa onitsha ibo men e plenty.eastern nija d land of d wise d home of d brave,d pride of nija

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Investors Plan Hospital For Anambra by oraclefemi(m): 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
Even if they build it there, if the governor falls sick or has a head ache , he will still be flow abroad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Role Of Nigerian Youths In National Development / Niger Delta Avengers Break Cease Fire Bombed Bonny Export Line / Social Media Regulation: Lai Mohammed Moves To Launch Fresh Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.