Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,296 members, 7,887,883 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:42 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5896395 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (3514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nnemuka(f): 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dyt:

You want to stretch your hand abi?

Iffa bite you
I wanted to but I saw the other pic with bones cry
Nothing is left

Let me wait for the next one
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
NextD18:

Hello, what's Ojojo? Pap or something?
Ojojo is a Yoruba snack bt usually eaten with eko,some do boil it as yam because it is really similar with yam,i cut into pieces like yam then wash it after that i used my manual grater nd blend in a bowl i pour my pepper salt nd onions,mixed it together nd fried it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
Amorprincesa24:
Nice! How does it taste?
Honestly it's hard to describe,bt it's taste nothing like flour snack because it's made from something similar to yam

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Lalas247:

Sorry but what's this ? Thought it was creative puff puff cheesy
sholay2011:

How does this taste? Like puff puff? Looks good.

Honestly it's hard to describe,bt it's taste nothing like flour snack because it's made from something similar to yam.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Geofavor(m): 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dyt:

Can you teleport It?
I miss this with eko
Yum yum
How do you eat ojojo with Ëkó? Hian!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NextD18: 7:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:

Ojojo is a Yoruba snack bt usually eaten with eko,some do boil it as yam because it is really similar with yam,i cut into pieces like yam then wash it after that i used my manual grater nd blend in a bowl i pour my pepper salt nd onions,mixed it together nd fried it
Cool then. Was just curious to know.

The taste, is it similar to Akara ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
Geofavor:

How do you eat ojojo with Ëkó? Hian!

I didn't say ogi
But what do you even know

Muchechecheche
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by peacefulhome(f): 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:

Honestly it's hard to describe,bt it's taste nothing like flour snack because it's made from something similar to yam.

Please is it water yam you use ?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
peacefulhome:

Actually i dnt know the English bt we call it isu ewura,you can also make ifokore with it,ifokore looks like porridge so you can see they have similarities,picture below is what we call isu ewura(yam ewura) grin Since isu means yam

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
NextD18:

Cool then. Was just curious to know.

The taste, is it similar to Akara ?
Not at all grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Geofavor(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dyt:

I didn't say ogi
But what do you even know

Muchechecheche
I don't know much, ma'am. Just surprised.
It's the first time I'm learning that ojojo is taken with agidi. All I knew is that it's a snack we bought at the road side and ate alone. Well, maybe with akara. It seems some take it with garri. That'd be better IMO.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Geofavor(m): 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
peacefulhome:

Yes, it's water yam.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
Geofavor:

I don't know much, ma'am. Just surprised.
It's the first time I'm learning that ojojo is taken with agidi. All I knew is that it's a snack we bought at the road side and ate alone. Well, maybe with akara. It seems some take it with garri. That'd be better IMO.

In Your Opinion
Leave it as that
kiss kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NextD18: 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:

Not at all grin
Lol, this one you dey laugh. cheesy

The ojoro looks good sha, looks like something I'll prefer to some of the meatpies people post here. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Okay thanks
Petyprincess:

Honestly it's hard to describe,bt it's taste nothing like flour snack because it's made from something similar to yam
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2020
Jollof rice and coconut rice loading cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
NextD18:

Lol, this one you dey laugh. cheesy

The ojoro looks good sha, looks like something I'll prefer to some of the meatpies people post here. smiley

Ojoro grin grin grin it's called ojojo

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NextD18: 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:

Ojoro grin grin grin it's called ojojo
Lol, no mind me. mo n ṣe ẹfẹ cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LadySarah: 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:

Actually i dnt know the English bt we call it isu ewura,you can also make ifokore with it,ifokore looks like porridge so you can see they have similarities,picture below is what we call isu ewura(yam ewura) grin Since isu means yam

That's watery am. Southern Igbos also grate it to make a delicacy we call"Oto".Abia, Ebonyi, Akwacross are conversant with it.

Your Ojojo looks great.

Not a fan of it though. The taste is always weird.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
LadySarah:

That's watery am. Southern Igbos also grate it to make a delicacy we call"Oto".Abia, Ebonyi, Akwacross are conversant with it.

Your Ojojo looks great.

Not a fan of it though. The taste is always weird.
Thanks dear,never knew it's called watery yam,the secret is adding lots of onions!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:
Finished look smiley It's funny how it's looking like puffpuff cheesy
This made me flash back to some years I first had this snack... A Yoruba lady made it.. tasted more like akara.
kudos!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by peacefulhome(f): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:

This is water yam. I tried making this stuff but I end up making rubbish . I give it a try again some other time. Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by peacefulhome(f): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Geofavor:

Yes, it's water yam.
Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 11:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
Petyprincess:
Finished look smiley It's funny how it's looking like puffpuff cheesy

You brought me back to my boyhood in Tejuosho - Surulere. There was this woman that did ojojo, dun dun, Koko and akara in a corner street close to our house. I hope I got those spellings right.

This is very nice. Please keep the recipe. I'm coming to get it after coronavirus saga.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 1:59am On Mar 18, 2020
Decided to post one on here. Last week Sunday's lunch.
Amala with Gbegiri and Ewedu with Chicken and Beef Stew.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 5:28am On Mar 18, 2020
peacefulhome:

This is water yam. I tried making this stuff but I end up making rubbish . I give it a try again some other time. Thanks.
Please do you will like it, next time add alot of onions,infact i dnt like it when i buy it outside because it doesnt give me the taste in craving for.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 5:36am On Mar 18, 2020
Munzy14:

This made me flash back to some years I first had this snack... A Yoruba lady made it.. tasted more like akara.
kudos!
diordaves:

You brought me back to my boyhood in Tejuosho - Surulere. There was this woman that did ojojo, dun dun, Koko and akara in a corner street close to our house. I hope I got those spellings right.

This is very nice. Please keep the recipe. I'm coming to get it after coronavirus saga.
This one that it's making everybody flashed back to childhood grin grin I can actually relate bt sometimes i take out time to cook food i make rarely
@munzy ojojo ought not to taste like akara because it has its special taste which is hard to describe.
@dorodaves yes you got the spelling right! Anytime you planning to make it you can always get recipe from me.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2020
Petyprincess:

Sister you be confirm Yoruba girl, you just dey mention everything, the ojojo turned out good though, it's funny how most people don't know it, cos I feel it's common just like akara too, it may depend on location though, you did well.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2020
Make we lick mango fess before we decide on what to cook

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2020
Emeraldfynest:
Sister you be confirm Yoruba girl, you just dey mention everything, the ojojo turned out good though, it's funny how most people don't know it, cos I feel it's common just like akara too, it may depend on location though, you did well.
Lol I'm confirmed Yoruba girl although people do say i look igbo grin,i'm surprised most people dnt know ojojo i actually thought it's popular
Yeah i agree it's depends on location bt i thought most people living in Lagos should know about it bt it seems only yorubas know about ojojo shocked

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2020
GboyegaD:
Decided to post one on here. Last week Sunday's lunch.
Amala with Gbegiri and Ewedu with Chicken and Beef Stew.

Nice one. Never been able to tolerate gbegiri. Maybe because I don’t do beans and its byproducts.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ElvisPresley(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2020
I need me a wife that can cook cry

I'll treat you like a Queen wink

I promise smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (3514) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.