Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,713 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5895873 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) ... (3514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
Akposy:

Thanks ma. We get better everyday

I just knew it's gonna be a baked stuff. Awesome!

Wow. This is the first time I'm seeing baked chinchin. Was it crunchy?

Lol at the apprentice stuff. This your own carry weight and occupy space o. You and ponmo sef. Abeg gimme d sauce make I lick grin

Thanks. I don't know what to say sef

Thanks o. Eku lockdown grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy Thanks!!

Yeah. Actually, baked chin chin is sweeter than fried chin chin.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
@Mariangeles and @Akposky thanks for the inspiration.... I do fried yam n sauce normally but I love d twist on the yam

Pls meet my PEPPERED YAM STICK with TOFU/FISH SAUCE

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Estellie: 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hello food lovers, help a sister pls
I prepared a very LARGE pot of chicken stew today and the whole thing came out bland and tasteless.

Seems like I added too much tin tomotoes..

My stew is bland despite all that I added. Pls is there a way I can fix this?

Any method, style, secret?
I need fix that stew urgently cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
Estellie:
I prepared a very LARGE pot of chicken stew today and the whole thing came out bland and tasteless.

Put another maggi na

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
Since i couldn't post in 2020 let me post in the future grin
#dinner

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tonyfx: 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
budaatum:

Even me wey chop one slice still de salivate.

grin grin grin grin grin

The bread looks great though cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2020

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SweetCunt97(f): 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Akposy:
Cococandy this is my Dalgona! I made this without mixer and it was yum yum yum. Damn! I'm feeling like a pro chef already.

Thanks for the inspiration o
Haaa Akposy I see you going places o... Keep it up. This looks great. Ama try it out soon

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Estellie:

Just add more water, vegetable oil n onion n cook/fry till it gets dry then adjust for salt or seasoning cube if need be. Any stew with tomato paste needs to be well cooked, make sure u see it dry, oil comes up n flowing on d stew b4 turning off d heat

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:
So I decided to Jump on the peppered yam and sauce challenge started by our Plantain queen.

Akposy, Mariangeles I hope I try small....Although una do me like apprentice wey never pay oga finish, una no show me the secret to cutting the yam to form Ur own shape grin

I washed this down with FreshYo.

Las Las na coat I go dey wear when work resume fully, suit no go size me again embarassed

Hahahahahahahahaha
You did well jor .

Thanks guys @eyinjuege, motunbaby and all
It's fun sharing our ideas
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
pocohantas:

Shey you will die if you no add ponmo and egg? It looks really good. They also inspired me to buy beans, e remain to cook am.

Lol @ coat. I don’t know what y’all are on about. We cool down here. Still a size12. grin

grin grin I hope u cook your beans to celebrate the end the end of Corona pandemic when it eventually stops being a pandemic.

For real I've been putting on weight. I joined a gym earlier this year, but I stopped going before the Corona wàhálà started. During Corona instructor keeps sending me link to join him live on IG....Me that will see the link maybe 2 hours later when I eventually wake grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
@ Dyt Madam Banku. Eku òùngbẹ ó, Ramadan Kareem.

We Don Miss Ur Banku's
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hathor5:

I love coffee too much. cheesy

So you guys are even many lol

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Akposy:
Cococandy this is my Dalgona! I made this without mixer and it was yum yum yum. Damn! I'm feeling like a pro chef already.

Thanks for the inspiration o

You are already a pro!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
diordaves:

Fieryy and Ibkayee are beautiful at heart and intension and so are you. The thread is made up mostly of beautiful and handsome people. Very nice thread for the most part. Very enjoyable.

We aim to entertain grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
pocohantas:

Shey you will die if you no add ponmo and egg? It looks really good. They also inspired me to buy beans, e remain to cook am.

Lol @ coat. I don’t know what y’all are on about. We cool down here. Still a size12. grin

I gbagburu onwe gi na wicked! Onye onu ojoo! [/b] grin

You forgot to add [i] eja kika and igbin
grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hathor5:

Sounds extremely delicious and it's healthy too. I love healthy and delicious.
I'm trying to be like you. I see how healthy you eat.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:

grin grin I hope u cook your beans to celebrate the end the end of Corona pandemic when it eventually stops being a pandemic.

For real I've been putting on weight. I joined a gym earlier this year, but I stopped going before the Corona wàhálà started. During Corona instructor keeps sending me link to join him live on IG....Me that will see the link maybe 2 hours later when I eventually wake grin

You like chopping things o. I want to be like you when I grow abeg. I think one mistake people make is always wanting an outdoor gym when they can do basic routines indoors.

I think I will cook it tomorrow. I hope I do. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Mariangeles:

I gbagburu onwe gi na wicked! Onye onu ojoo! grin

You forgot to add eja kika and igbin grin

BRD doesn’t miss out on those edible in his food. Even in noodles, e must put them. I know people like that, they must be chewing on something while eating.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
pocohantas:

You like chopping things o. I want to be like you when I grow abeg. I think one mistake people make is always wanting an outdoor gym when they can do basic routines indoors.

I think I will cook it tomorrow. I hope I do. grin

Shey u dey whine me ni undecided. You wey be set àwọn Sinzu Money

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Estellie:

Your stew is bland because you didn’t fry it properly. I told my friend, the difference between two meals is patience.grin

1. Nne, fry you tomatoes well. Bring down the heat and allow it fry. Don’t stop till they stand part and you can see pores in them. FRY YOUR FRESH TOMATOES PASTE AND TIN TOMATO TOGETHER. I missed this tip for years.

2. You see GARLIC and GINGER? Don’t underrate them, especially GARLIC. That thing would take your stew game from 0-100.

3. Always use RICH stock. The one from the meat/fish you cooked (for the stew).

As for your stew, bring it to boil again on slow heat. If you have a nonstick pot, it would be perfect for this. Let the water dry, till it becomes puree again. Start afresh with little oil, this time fry well and follow step 1.

Don’t use unnecessary spices, they confuse your stew. Don’t use ROYCO grin. Stick to garlic, ginger, thyme and curry for now. FRY them with your tomato paste. Add little water, since you won’t have stock again. Check for seasoning, add salt and knorr cubes.

I check for seasoning when the stew has boiled well. That is when you get its real taste.

You can throw in a lil scent-leaf to tweak the taste.

If you don’t mind, can we see the bland stew?

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armadeo(m): 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Dinner time..

Sharing for us all.

22 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Akposy post=89028411]

2 Nescafe sachet (the ones they sell 30 naira)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp hot water
1 sachet peak milk (the one of 50 naira)
Sprinkles (I bought the one I used during my service year...I don't remember the price)

Mix the coffee, sugar and hot water in a clean deep bowl. Whisk with a fork or egg whisk till it forms still peak
Mix the milk with water (you can use liquid milk) and turn in you glass cup.
Top with the coffee mix and sprinkle with any thing of your choice..... Shikena!

Pls Wat's d quantity of water to be added to the milk Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by salford1: 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
Asun (peppered barbecued goat meat) plate for one.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by WIZGUY69(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
zakas:
Breakfast served...
Crunchy Spaghetti and egg.

Scammer!

You're needed in Business section of nairaland.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
Buy more fresh tomatoes and onions, grind, dry and fry it. Add it to the stew. Add knorr cubes if need be and curry leaves.
Estellie:

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Newbreed2018: 6:57am On May 01, 2020
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:58am On May 01, 2020
This is the whole summary
pocohantas:

Your stew is bland because you didn’t fry it properly. I told my friend, the difference between two meals is patience.grin

1. Nne, fry you tomatoes well. Bring down the heat and allow it fry. Don’t stop till they stand part and you can see pores in them. FRY YOUR FRESH TOMATOES PASTE AND TIN TOMATO TOGETHER. I missed this tip for years.

2. You see GARLIC and GINGER? Don’t underrate them, especially GARLIC. That thing would take your stew game from 0-100.

As for your stew, bring it to boil again on slow heat. If you have a nonstick pot, it would be perfect for this. Let the water dry, till it becomes puree again. Start afresh with little oil, this time fry well and follow step 1.

Don’t use unnecessary spices, they confuse your stew. Don’t use ROYCO grin. Stick to garlic, ginger, thyme and curry for now. FRY them with your tomato paste. Add little water, since you won’t have stock again. Check for seasoning, add salt and knorr cubes.

I check for seasoning when the stew has boiled well. That is when you get its real taste.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Estellie: 7:24am On May 01, 2020
pocohantas:

I really appreciate all the contributions.

I'll do as u have said. I added garlic buh missed ginger. Will have to get that..

After that, I'll fry hell out of the stew grin

Unfortunately, I can't take pictures of my disaster buh the funny part is that the stew looks good and inviting grin

Thanks again everyone....

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Newbreed2018: 8:03am On May 01, 2020
iomoge2:
you are pained and cannot believe a woman can be and bE so much more.
I don't blame you.

Just cause I came to NL to sell a car I bought, that's how you started raving mad.
A small car o.
What if u see the one I bought now?.
Oga, dont kill ya self o.
I no get house help.
If u know me well, man up and introduce yourself to me in person.
Be a man. Dont hide behind a keyboard.
Man up. If na woman born you. Man up.
If you can't then u r useless and worthless.
Troll.
Useless troll.
Your destiny is ruined. I will help put you were you belong. Just man up.
Lol

Coming from a woman who incapacitated her so called loving hubby.

Me and ur husband go reason ur matter for beer parlor cheesy

Have ur housemaid eaten today? grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) ... (3514) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DjBigMoni(m), eraglory, salisuammy(f) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.