Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,283 members, 7,881,058 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:38 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5880673 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (3507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
GboyegaD:

Not on a diet. Just making conscious efforts to look good before my mates will call me daddy.

Lol @ Daddy.
Seems you're on the big side.

Wish I can control mine too but you know ladies now. We too like full plate grin. Though I'm not overweight.

Maybe I'll consider your style when I get married and the kids starts coming. Don't want to look "mamaish". grin

Keep it up.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
armyofone:
Mackerel ready to be cleaned. Mackerel is Titus ?
My next great fish after wild salmon.

Nope.
Mackerel is Mackerel.
Titus is brand name for a particular sardine in a tin
Sardine is a type of fish.

Mackerel is called scumbia( actually right though the spelling is diff cos its part of the scombridae family)

That's the fish of choice here especially on Fridays
( fish and chips)
Not a fan. Still prefer our chicken and chips kiss

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rextizzle(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
How I love it....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liposure: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Rextizzle:
How I love it....
Excellent delicacy

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Oh I see, thank you. I use it for baked potatoes and rice occasionally. That fish in the picture will last me 4 -6months.
I also make sure to have bleach around so I clean down the area...I don't like the smell.

descarado:

Nope.
Mackerel is Mackerel.

Mackerel is called scumbia( actually right though the spelling is diff cos its part of the scombridae family)

( fish and chips)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by roqrules04(m): 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
armyofone:
Mackerel ready to be cleaned. Mackerel is Titus ?
My next great fish after wild salmon.

Don’t think it’s same name but this picture is what is generally called Titus in the market sha

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 1:08am On Jun 24, 2021
Titus and mackerel are the same.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:07am On Jun 24, 2021
Cousin9999:

descarado:

Nope.
Mackerel is Mackerel.

( fish and chips)

roqrules04:

Don’t think it’s same name but this picture is what is generally called Titus in the market sha

Which one - thinking and turning my head 360 degree
grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 6:20am On Jun 24, 2021
armyofone:

grin grin grin grin

Mackerel is a hard fish to mistake for something else because it has such a strong flavor, smell, texture, and its skin is so different.

That reminds me, one of the best ways to have mackerel is crispy fried and drenched in the right sweet Asian sauce. So good.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2021
Akposy:

Prestonn come teach me how to make burger.

Ok Boss smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:56am On Jun 24, 2021
armyofone:

grin grin grin grin

That fish is called Mackerel.

Titus is a company name. The company also package different kind of fish like Sardine.

In Nigeria we call it Titus instead of Mackerel fish.
Just like
●All seasoning cube ~ Maggi

●All noodles ~ Indomie

●All toothpaste ~ Closeup.

Titus is a brand name.

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2021
Boiled yam and egg scrambled in tomato, onions, carrots, peas and pepper.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by solid3(m): 9:09am On Jun 24, 2021
Breakfast made by me.

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 9:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Prestonn:

Titus is a company name. The company also package different kind of fish like Sardine.

Just like

●All noodles ~ Indomie

Titus is a brand name.
It's not even in all parts of Nigeria we call that Titus.
In my hood, it's called scumbia. (Started hearing this Titus as I travelled to other parts of the country.)
That is very correct. Mackerel is from scombridae family.

Lol at all toothpaste= close up cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 9:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Cousin9999:
Internet is mainly for educational purpose undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2021
descarado:

It's not even in all parts of Nigeria we call that Titus.
In my hood, it's called scumbia. (Started hearing this Titus as I travelled to other parts of the country.)
That is very correct. Mackerel is from scombridae family.

Lol at all toothpaste= close up cheesy

You're right Scombridae family

I think the popular name then was MacLean cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 10:04am On Jun 24, 2021
mariahAngel:

Yummy looking. kiss
I decided to make ogiri grin
Used egwusi.
Cooked the thing with steamer.
But for my mind, I think the egwusi no cook well.
I tied and put inside oven.
Opened it yesterday and its still looking at me anyhow.

Didn't cook the egwusi enough( don't know this thing is gonna be a problem, honestly)
I re- cooked it again but this time no steamer for 2 hours
The texture is diff after I pounded it.
My finger crossed till like 10 days. E better be good o grin

I never cook with ogiri. When you miss home.....you hold unto anything that reminds you of home kiss

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
Prestonn:

Just like

●All noodles ~ Indomie

Titus is a brand name.

Growing up all toothpastes were actually called Maclean. Close-up is of recent, maclean dey reign that year

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Anti spam bot keeps banning me in food section.
Testing the mic once more

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
descarado:

I decided to make ogiri grin
Used egwusi.
Cooked the thing with steamer.
But for my mind, I think the egwusi no cook well.
I tied and put inside oven.
Opened it yesterday and its still looking at me anyhow.

Didn't cook the egwusi enough( don't know this thing is gonna be a problem, honestly)
I re- cooked it again but this time no steamer for 2 hours
The texture is diff after I pounded it.
My finger crossed till like 10 days. E better be good o grin

I never cook with ogiri. When you miss home.....you hold unto anything that reminds you of home kiss

I never knew ogiri was made with melon seeds. Well done.
Don't forget to show us when it ferments. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eitsei(m): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Explorers:
Don't mind my brown egg.

The fact that bread is now N350 is f**king annoying.
it's N400 here
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Born2winnx: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Better style.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
Thanks papi grin. Fresh Mackerel stew is one cool stew.

Prestonn:

Just like

●All noodles ~ Indomie

Titus is a brand name.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
The villagers and monitors done gather for your food and wine matter grin grin

Calling the gods aides- descarado and Mariangeles to the shrine for appeasement.

Testing the mic hello hello - Testing Testing- blows air into the mic then drops it grin

cococandy:
Anti spam bot keeps banning me in food section.
Testing the mic once more
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Seahawk: 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
@armyofone. They got her again grin
3 days ban for responding to you.

At least now I know the word that most likely triggers the spambot. The “K” word. Shall not be said. sad angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
grin that smell - best don't let it touch your clothes.
Great fish yeah! I didn't know it is an expensive fish in Nigeria now.

Cousin9999:

Mackerel is a hard fish to mistake for something else because it has such a strong flavor, smell, texture, and its skin is so different.

That reminds me, one of the best ways to have mackerel is crispy fried and drenched in the right sweet Asian sauce. So good.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ogyunging(m): 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
Come plug noodles with us at the 02 in the ancient city of Ibadan.
Stir fried noodles, shredded chicken, eggs & sausage.
08138776732 one call away
We deliver anywhere in ibadan
Give us a ding
Sways Noodles Ibadan Noodles Plug
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
armyofone:
The villagers and monitors done gather for your food and wine matter grin grin

Calling the gods aides- descarado and Mariangeles to the shrine for appeasement.

Testing the mic hello hello - Testing Testing- blows air into the mic then drops it grin

She probably committed a sacrilege by buying a huge bunch of plantain for #1k. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Seahawk:
@armyofone. They got her again grin
3 days ban for responding to you.

At least now I know the word that most likely triggers the spambot. The “K” word. Shall not be said. sad angry

There's this trick that Poco taught...

Go to the front-page (with your Coco monicker), scroll down and mail the mods.

Let's see if it'll work...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Abdul240(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
ADUKKY:
Oats swallow and egusi soup with goat meat
Plss wat kind of oats do u use for ur swallow is it d normal oats or which one

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (3507) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Smadeinc and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.