Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,430 members, 7,964,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 07:47 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (6067300 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) ... (3573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, the fact that Health problems don't care about the problems of food insecurity doesn't sway you at all? undecided

I am all for portion control but be very sincere, would you preach portion control to someone who hasn't eaten for days or to someone who does rigorous work that takes a lot of energy.

Matter of fact, it is advised that those whose work load are very strenuous should consume lots of calories.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Mariangeles:

Yes. The truth is these days, people are more of eating to survive, and there's even barely enough food to eat.
And on top of that, the increase in prices of food have forced people to reduce their portion.

Can you believe that during the lockdown, a 4ltr paint bucket of beans was sold for between #850-#900 (that's about five derica cups), and today, with that same amount, you can only get one and half derica of beans? We will be fine. sad

Exactly dear. These days people are forced to reduce their rations not because they want to but because things have gotten so expensive.

Matter of fact, those days I was still in kano, I lost a lot of weight not because I wanted to but because I was rationing what I ate because money no too dey as my financial situation then was "one kind"

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Labadi69: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rich4god:
Chicken and egg..

This food be like yamayama burnt offering for Sango embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rich4god(m): 10:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Labadi69:

This food be like yamayama burnt offering for Sango embarassed

Jealousy �
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Teespice:
I am all for portion control but be very sincere, would you preach portion control to someone who hasn't eaten for days or to someone who does rigorous work that takes a lot of energy.

Matter of fact, it is advised that those whose work load are very strenuous should consume lots of calories.
Maybe you don't understand what portion control is about then. Caloric intake is not set in stone for all persons. For example, if you didn't eat yesterday and you find food to eat today, you are free to indulge and make up for the deficit from yesterday. Portion control is about being honest with one self, not indulging out of greed. undecided

Just because food is available today is no reason to say you should eat it all up immediately. You can always keep some for another day, at the same time allow your body to healthily process what it can till then. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Emmyreal4(m): 11:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Maybe you don't understand what portion control is about then. Caloric intake is not set in stone for all persons. For example, if you didn't eat yesterday and you find food to eat today, you are free to indulge and make up for the deficit from yesterday. Portion control is about being honest with one self, not indulging out of greed. undecided

Just because food is available today is no reason to say you should eat it all up immediately. You can always keep some for another day, at the same time allow your body to healthily process what it can till then. undecided
let tomorrow worry about itself.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Nov 12, 2021
Emmyreal4:
let tomorrow worry about itself.
undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 6:32am On Nov 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Per your first paragraph, we are both saying the same thing. There is a huge difference between the amount of calories consumed per meal and the size of that meal. Nutritionists would advice that it's best to eat small meals at intervals than a very large meal consumed at once.

Summary of all I have been saying so far is that you cannot preach portion control to someone who hasn't seen food to eat. You would agree with me that it is pointless.

Again, I agree with your second paragraph. That there is enough food at your disposal doesn't mean one should be a glutton.

Good morning.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 6:37am On Nov 12, 2021
Teespice:
Summary of all I have been saying so far is that you cannot preach portion control to someone who hasn't seen food to eat. You would agree with me that it is pointless.
This thread was created for those who see food to eat so they can share pictures of what they cook up, was it not? Makes it a very good place to infact preach portion control to those who still don't understand the reason behind that health fact. undecided

Even people who work construction work need to pay attention to these things. No one gets a free pass from sickness and health problems. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Laurene: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2021
cococandy:
Good morning
how's the US?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Magnoliaa(f): 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

Imagine after eating healthy, motor come go jam the person kill for road.. of what use is now the healthy eating? grin

Smh. Since there is the possibility of motor jamming us at anytime, why bother doing anything? You for dey lock yourself for room now. In fact, you fit stand up, sprain your leg. You fit match tile, fall and die. You leg fit miss for step, you tumble and kpai. In fact, everybody for remain for their parents' wombs, because you fit kpeme when your head been dey come out from vagina and you go back go meet God. Since we can die any time, there's no point doing anything, yeah?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lilvicky68(m): 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Smh. Since there is the possibility of motor jamming us at anytime, why bother doing anything? You for dey lock yourself for room now. In fact, you fit stand up, sprain your leg. You fit match tile, fall and die. You leg fit miss for step, you tumble and kpai. In fact, everybody for remain for their parents' wombs, because you fit kpeme when your head been dey come out from vagina and you go back go meet God. Since we can die any time, there's no point doing anything, yeah?
Lol. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
lilvicky68:

If person see large food make him chop abeg..

If Sapa come excess calories go burn by force..

Word on marble grin

As funny as this comment is, it resonates well with me. Most people talking about portion control, controlling calories intake, etc are only doing so from a privileged position. They don't understand how the struggle is for some people to even see good food to eat occasionally.

This is the reason u will see some junior/clerical staff at company's end of year party serving themselves Chinese rice, salad, chicken, sweet and sour sauce, moin moin, samosa, spring roll and still eat Pounded yam before leaving. The mid-level and senior staff may find it amusing or confusing that people eat like this, but person wey dey chop am know say if e no chop now maybe na till next year he fit come across such goodness again.

The truth be say Na when person dey relatively comfortable he dey reason say whether he dey eat well or not.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Laurene:
how's the US?
E dey there. It’s okay I guess?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
Liposure:
superb. you deserve a medal
Thanks smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

Sisi Princess olounje! O k'are!
Haha, someone is teaching you yoruba grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

You and jollof. You sure say them no born you with a plate of jollof like all those special kids?
Lol, I sell some that's why.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Petyprincess:

If you don’t mind me asking, how much is a pack of your jollof in naira’s equivalent?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gstelly: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

If you don’t mind me asking, how much is a pack of your jollof in naira’s equivalent?
2k I guess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Petyprincess:

2k I guess

That's nice. I just love food business.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Magnoliaa(f): 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Petyprincess:

Oh. No wonder. That explains it. That's good. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
gstelly:
grin
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Calories die when you roast or drown them in oil ke? shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Labadi69: 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Dinner.

You chop this kind food for night? Hope say you no offload shait for bed o cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamyemiakins(m): 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
Labadi69:

You chop this kind food for night? Hope say you no offload shait for bed o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Aha! grin

The excuses just to continue overfeeding the body is something else grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Calories die when you roast or drown them in oil ke? shocked

Maybe from fire burning and drying the yam out.
Eating burnt offering while surfing Nairaland = calories deficit grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
gstelly:
grin

grin
@
Oil drowning the calories out
pounding yam beat the calories out
Roasting burn the calories out
grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
armyofone:
Maybe from fire burning and drying the yam out.
Eating burnt offering while surfing Nairaland = calories deficit grin
Na so people dey Waka about with body thicker than yam. lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sirqt5(m): 1:29am On Nov 13, 2021
Syphax:
Decided to cook Afang soup with Mushrooms, Beef, Periwinkle and Fish
well done
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sirqt5(m): 1:30am On Nov 13, 2021
MissSlimbody:
Dinner
well done

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sirqt5(m): 1:31am On Nov 13, 2021
sheycrown:
Lunch
well done

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) ... (3573) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: njikoka(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.