Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,280 members, 7,887,812 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5896177 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) (2996) ... (3514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:51pm On May 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

Na wah o!

The ugu suffered terribly. cheesy cheesy

Hahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:59pm On May 23, 2022
armyofone:

Thanks sis. I still order from them sometimes. Uziza leaf is okay. To clean, I just soaked in super hot water thrice or more etc

Ugu, not so good. .sand and hairs were many. I can work the sand...but not hairs. I threw it away. Maybe how it was dried...wind blowing stuff into it.

I haven’t bought dried ugu before because I can’t imagine the texture of dried ugu. But wait they were the ones with the hair in their ugu? Yikes.

Glad now I know I won’t be recommending them to anyone (for their ugu at least). Their ukazi is okay. It’s dried but still maintains it’s greenness so there’s a modicum of freshness there.

If I knew when you purchased the ugu, I would have messaged that woman about it. Her name is Mary and I’m sure she should know if her products are not up to standard and fix it.

I’m sorry dear
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beautyhd: 6:34pm On May 23, 2022
Lunch/dinner

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:04pm On May 23, 2022
beautyhd:
Lunch/dinner
This looks so familiar..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 7:56pm On May 23, 2022
cococandy:

This is your first time trying oha?
First of all this looks very good

But oh man your first time trying oha should be in the village made by a grandma with uziza leafs and stockfish. After that, nothing will measure up.

Thanks for the compliment.

I am just exploring food and cooking other things i have eaten outside but never tried cooking myself.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 7:59pm On May 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

Looks really nice.

Was the pudding made with banana bread or you added banana to the bread pudding?

I added strawberry and banana to the bread.

The ingredients are bread, banana, strawberry, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and butter.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 8:00pm On May 23, 2022
descarado:

It tastes like oha?

Ideas forming kiss

Close to it and I guess it is because the leaves are dried.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ambient: 8:38pm On May 23, 2022
Beans and akamu
I am still battling with the akamu

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:45pm On May 23, 2022
From the Kitchen of [b][/b]. .
Y'all invited with love......

Folake4u, okay come and eat o

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01pm On May 23, 2022
pocohantas:

Time nnem, time is a luxury now. I have one American blog I post for and when I am done, they pay me reasonable dollars. But when I am done posting on Nairaland, na trolling plus carry me dey go insults. I no dey for that kind package except too much time dey for my hands. lipsrsealed
Lol@Carry me dey go my husband house. cheesy
Una no go killi us with laffta for dis Nairaland.

All the very best btw....
That's how we roll.
(We have some couple of social media accounts we handled for some foreign companies also, and the pay is good, another good stream of income you know wink.
Hustle must pay!)

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:10pm On May 23, 2022
post=113110751:

Lol@Carry me dey go my husband house. cheesy
Una no go killi us with laffta for dis Nairaland.
All the very best btw....
That's how we roll.

Thanks MannaB.
I made this quick one earlier @BF24.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:22pm On May 23, 2022
pocohantas:

Thanks MannaB.
I made this quick one earlier @BF24.
Oh la la, tongue
We can perceive the aroma here. wink
Looks so good sis.
That is Potatoes and intestines assorted aight?
The ones Yorubas call Orisirisi,
One of our favorite tongue

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 23, 2022
cococandy:

Fresh oha will always be premium.
I’ve used dried one before personally prepped by my grandma and my mom brought it to me. Honestly It was okay. I feel like the store bought ones might even be less quality or maybe full of sand or something. It can suffix when fresh one is impossible to find. But the flavor isn’t equal. You just have to add enough orishirishi to make up for the dryness

Thanks Sis; nothing tastes better than fresh Oha leaves. Fingers crossed that the one I bought from Esty shop will be sand-free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 23, 2022
armyofone:

No bother too much with dried leaf unless you trust the seller and can return the dried leaf for a refund.

You are right about that; we will just manage it like that.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 23, 2022
descarado:

This is the first time I have heard of dried oha veggie shocked

E dey now. Just like dried scent leaves, curry leaves, bitter leaves, etc.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:28pm On May 23, 2022
post=113111240:

Oh la la, tongue
We can perceive the aroma here. wink
Looks so good sis.
That is Potatoes and intestines aight?
The ones Yorubas call Orisirisi,
One of our favorite tongue

Potatoes ke? Na yam o. Yea, I love assorted pepper soup. Not so keen on goat meat, though I eat it once once. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:44pm On May 23, 2022
pocohantas:

Potatoes ke? Na yam o. Yea, I love assorted pepper soup. Not so keen on goat meat, though I eat it once once. cheesy
Oh, looks so much like potatoes.
We love anything pepper soup as long as it is not snake, dogs or monkeys.
With the other kinda meats,
(Beef Pork, Ram, Goat Meat, Turkey, Chicken, Buffalo etc).....and all kinda fish, we are good to go. wink

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 10:19pm On May 23, 2022
post=113110288:
From the Kitchen of [b][/b]. .
Y'all invited with love......

Folake4u, okay come and eat o

Thank you MannaB.
Na that Jollof and plantain dey enter my eye. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:29pm On May 23, 2022
folake4u:

Thank you MannaB.
Na that Jollof and plantain dey enter my eye. cool
Lol cheesy, we have some remaining.
We will waybill it to you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gstelly: 10:42pm On May 23, 2022
Semo and okro... Almost finish eating before I remember to take pictures

22 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 10:56pm On May 23, 2022
post=113112933:

Lol cheesy, we have some remaining.
We will waybill it to you.

Oya na. tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:33pm On May 23, 2022
gstelly:
Semo and okro... Almost finish eating before I remember to take pictures
Lol cheesy.
It has happened to us many times prior now also.
We understand.
Hunger no be anybody mate o.
You eat when you gats to eat mehn! tongue

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:34pm On May 23, 2022
folake4u:
Oya na. tongue
Leggooo.....
Still listening to that your song @our Barbecue place.......Folake for d night o.
Lol wink
Do have a goodnight dearie kiss

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:05am On May 24, 2022
armyofone:

Thanks sis. I still order from them sometimes. Uziza leaf is okay. To clean, I just soaked in super hot water thrice or more etc

Ugu, not so good. .sand and hairs were many. I can work the sand...but not hairs. I threw it away. Maybe how it was dried...wind blowing stuff into it.

What website is this? The African store in my city buys from a store I don't prefer in Houston and I need an alternative.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Eriggs: 2:21am On May 24, 2022
cococandy:

I’ve bought dried ukazi before and it was full of sand. Had to soak and resoak. But I found that website I showed you a while ago and their dried vegetables are clean. It’s either them or I use the prepped by a family member
southwest farmers market bisso?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 4:31am On May 24, 2022
Dinner:

Jollof rice, air fried plantain, and beef.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Proudlynaija(f): 8:14am On May 24, 2022
Goat meat peppersoup.
From Cookpad (the best place to search for recipes)

31 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 8:59am On May 24, 2022
armyofone:

No bother too much with dried leaf unless you trust the seller and can return the dried leaf for a refund.
I source dried veggies from home.
I have ukazi, utazi, scent leave, bitterleaf unwashed. I'm never a fan of ugu. Hardly cook with it at home. Here I have replacement and I prefer it(kale).

Dried veggies from those shops are something else cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 9:01am On May 24, 2022
loveymom:

E dey now. Just like dried scent leaves, curry leaves, bitter leaves, etc.
Let's reason am, and start importing dried veggies from home and sell na grin
Me, I'm tired of going to work undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AdorableSat: 10:05am On May 24, 2022
Vegetables morning

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amorprincesa: 10:07am On May 24, 2022
I used just vegetable. My problem with Egusi soup is, after eating it that first day, It becomes very difficult next time.
pocohantas:

Seems I would cook egusi soup next. Not a huge fan sha. I hope I would be able to finish it. What leaf did you use?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 10:08am On May 24, 2022
GboyegaD:

I added strawberry and banana to the bread.

The ingredients are bread, banana, strawberry, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and butter.

OK. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) (2996) ... (3514) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RAV3N, omooba969(m), Holla911(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.