Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,289 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:00 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5895101 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (3514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 9:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Egusi soup

Brekky

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
banmee:

Lol. . . .
I'm still waiting for that special dish and my Walmart $1 gift card.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
jumzzy448:
Egusi soup

Brekky
that egusi is nice.
Just how I like it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
cococandy:

I'm still waiting for that special dish and my Walmart $1 gift card.

Damn it!!!!!! I thought you'd forget. Oh well, I gotta whip out cookery skills and my wallet grin. Gademiit!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
banmee:

Damn it!!!!!! I thought you'd forget. Oh well, I gotta whip out cookery skills and my wallet grin. Gademiit!!
Me forget food?

You're on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
cococandy:

Me forget food?

You're on a long thing.

Lol.....You are too funny.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 1:06am On Feb 17, 2016
cococandy:
that egusi is nice.
Just how I like it.
Thanks Hun.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uniklinkum(m): 6:42am On Feb 17, 2016
jumzzy448:
Egusi soup

Brekky

Pls recipe and method used??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
uniklinkum:

Pls recipe and method used??

Ingredients:
Meat but I used smoked turkey
Dry fish.
Egusi
Cameroon pepper
Red oil
Salt
Maggi
Onion
Crayfish(grounded)
Spinach but you can use ugwu or any other leave
The funny one egg grin

Put your meat on fire together with the dry fish.
Add your salt, Maggie and onion.
When done, add your Cameroon pepper together with the red oil and crayfish
Now put your egusi in a bowl, add a little salt( very little) and break the egg into it. The reason why I used the egg is to make it form lumps. Have tried using other methods I.e water and groundnut oil but it end up scattering. So back to the soup
Mix together with your hand till it they all stick together.
Using your hands, cut into small balls and put them in the soup. Cover for like 5 to 10 minutes, the balls would have hardened.
Use your cooking spoon to break into smaller lumps just like mine( you can decide to leave it like that)
Add your vegetables and taste for salt and maggi.
Hope it helps.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uniklinkum(m): 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
jumzzy448:

Ingredients:
Meat but I used smoked turkey
Dry fish.
Egusi
Cameroon pepper
Red oil
Salt
Maggi
Onion
Crayfish(grounded)
Spinach but you can use ugwu or any other leave
The funny one egg grin

Put your meat on fire together with the dry fish.
Add your salt, Maggie and onion.
When done, add your Cameroon pepper together with the red oil and crayfish
Now put your egusi in a bowl, add a little salt( very little) and break the egg into it. The reason why I used the egg is to make it form lumps. Have tried using other methods I.e water and groundnut oil but it end up scattering. So back to the soup
Mix together with your hand till it they all stick together.
Using your hands, cut into small balls and put them in the soup. Cover for like 5 to 10 minutes, the balls would have hardened.
Use your cooking spoon to break into smaller lumps just like mine( you can decide to leave it like that)
Add your vegetables and taste for salt and maggi.
Hope it helps.

Thanks so very much I have always want to attain this your Egusi texture. And I use eggs too and our processes are almost similar except the hand molding style of your Egusi.. I will give it a try soon... Really appreciate the reply.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
uniklinkum:

Thanks so very much I have always want to attain this your Egusi texture. And I use eggs too and our processes are almost similar except the hand molding style of your Egusi.. I will give it a try soon... Really appreciate the reply.

You are welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
that egusi soup has me drooling, as for that bread issh you can keep it to yourself

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2016
I baked this bread last night with just flour, mixed fruit, sugar, salt, yeast and few drops of olive oil (anointing oil)..hehehe

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tescoleps(f): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2016
Akposy:
I baked this bread last night with just flour, mixed fruit, sugar, salt, yeast and few drops of olive oil (anointing oil)..hehehe
Nice.. Recipe pls
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:30am On Feb 18, 2016
tescoleps:

Nice.. Recipe pls
Recipe
Flour....about 3cups
Yeast
Salt....1 teaspoon
Sugar... 2 tablespoons
Olive oil... 1 tablespoon

Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Add in the sugar, salt and oil. Mix together with the flour till a soft dough is formed. Knead on a flat surface till smooth. Cover in a bowl and leave to rise for an hour. Grease your pan and bake for about 40mins or so at 190 degree C.

I made mistake sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tescoleps(f): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2016
Akposy:

Recipe
Flour....about 3cups
Yeast
Salt....1 teaspoon
Sugar... 2 tablespoons
Olive oil... 1 tablespoon

Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Add in the sugar, salt and oil. Mix together with the flour till a soft dough is formed. Knead on a flat surface till smooth. Cover in a bowl and leave to rise for an hour. Grease your pan and bake for about 40mins or so at 190 degree C.

I made mistake sha
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by stephano100(m): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
The short version... boil water and remove from heat. Put noodles in water for a few minutes. Drain the water. Mix the flavours. Set aside. Heat oil. Saute onions. Add noodles. Cook for a few minutes. Them add mixed eggs. Don't stir the noodles until the eggs set. Once they are set stir and done.
I'll try dis
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mitchelle1989(f): 11:48am On Feb 20, 2016
jumzzy448:

Ingredients:
Hope it helps.
how many eggs did you use ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
mitchelle1989:

how many eggs did you use ?
Just one.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 12:55am On Feb 21, 2016
nuelzy:
am sorry

Bless you bro...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 12:57am On Feb 21, 2016
Akposy:

You the boss bro!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:58am On Feb 22, 2016
touchmeder:

You the boss bro!
Tanx MA
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:07am On Feb 22, 2016
I made this for breakfast two days ago.
Fried noodles, beans, fried egg and my baked bread

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rebella(f): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
My spin on chili con carne, made with shrimps, mackerel, Green, yellow and red bell peppers, scotch bonnet peppers, tomatoes etc

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chomsky1967(f): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
rebella:
My spin on chili con carne, made with shrimps, mackerel, Green, yellow and red bell peppers, scotch bonnet peppers, tomatoes etc
No vex ma, but is this a sauce, soup, pottage, meal on its own? What do you eat it with?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:37am On Feb 24, 2016
Dinner... Rice, egg, avocado and zobo drink. #exam mood

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rebella(f): 8:50am On Feb 24, 2016
Chomsky1967:

No vex ma, but is this a sauce, soup, pottage, meal on its own? What do you eat it with?
It's a sauce, I took wit rice, on some days I just ate it alone. But it's meant to go with something
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chomsky1967(f): 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
rebella:

It's a sauce, I took wit rice, on some days I just ate it alone. But it's meant to go with something
Cool. Might try it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Azaw(m): 1:05am On Feb 25, 2016
Akposy:
I made this for breakfast two days ago.
Fried noodles, beans, fried egg and my baked bread

What a combo. Definitely not a favourite.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:05am On Feb 25, 2016
Azaw:

What a combo. Definitely not a favourite.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by starbuck(f): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2016
Unripe plantain porridge with smoked fish and scent leave.
Na so the thing hungry me and my foetus yesterday night.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:42am On Feb 25, 2016
starbuck:
Unripe plantain porridge with smoked fish and scent leave.
Na so the thing hungry me and my foetus yesterday night.
wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (3514) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.