Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,900 members, 7,922,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:43 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5978736 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (3542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by donblazer10(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dinner...kpukpuru(looks like EBA nd fufu combined) and ogbono...

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sayoberry(f): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
Its right to call this one burger right? Lol. This was breakfast.

Ik coming lemme search for vocabulary for it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by donblazer10(m): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
sayoberry:

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...it looks nice tho'
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
sayoberry:

Looks good! Is it deep fried chicken breast pieces? Cause it looks like a chicken sandwich.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
That’s akara
MsNgo40:

Looks good! Is it deep fried chicken breast pieces? Cause it looks like a chicken sandwich.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
Jupxter:

Hahahaha, pardon me....nerdy... grin

Haha that's fine..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
That’s akara

OK...thanks. Akara isn't even a meat...oops undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Julivas(m): 2:33am On Dec 21, 2017
MsNgo40:

OK...thanks. Akara isn't even a meat...oops undecided

Hmmm. ....Learning new thing , good.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mizjemie25: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2017
Dinner last night was lit � kiss kiss

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mizjemie25: 9:53am On Dec 21, 2017
Breakfast with a chilled bottle of coke kiss kiss

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by yerilistik: 10:28am On Dec 21, 2017
Mizjemie25:
Breakfast with a chilled bottle of coke kiss kiss

Vegetable looks good, how did you prepare please ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by okeyben10: 11:02am On Dec 21, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

Please place your gas cylinder away from the cooker/fire

it's too close #SafetyFirst

hi
whata those who cook atop da cylinder as in camp gas.
how unsafe that is??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2017
okeyben10:

hi
whata those who cook atop da cylinder as in camp gas.
how unsafe that is??

I think the Camp has cylinder is safe due to the fact that there is no "hose" connected from the Gas cylinder to the cooker. The burner is directly on the cylinder

Sometimes the "hose" might be might be leaking and while cooking that's dangerous cos it will ignite. That was why I asked her to place her cylinder at a safe distance. So in a summary...The Camp has is safe,as long as you tighten the "Gas control" it when you're done cooking

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by okeyben10: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

I think the Camp has cylinder is safe due to the fact that there is no "hose" connected from the Gas cylinder to the cooker. The burner is directly on the cylinder

Sometimes the "hose" might be might be leaking and while cooking that's dangerous cos it will ignite. That was why I asked her to place her cylinder at a safe distance. So in a summary...The Camp has is safe,as long as you tighten the "Gas control" it when you're done cooking

k...thanks

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hypnotic(m): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2017
kitchen accessories very much available here at discounted prices

https://hadassahlingerie.smemarkethub.com/products/the-kitchen-store/

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mizjemie25: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
yerilistik:

Vegetable looks good, how did you prepare please ?
I used green vegetable, Onion, pepper, smoked fish, tomato and seasoning (salt, curry and knor).

Chop the onion, pepper and tomatoes.
Slice and wash the vegetable, add hot water to it (I think it's called blanching) remove immediately then rinse in cold water.

Heat groundnut/vegetable oil in a frying pan, then add the chopped onion and pepper, followed by the tomato.
Allow it to cook for awhile, when the tomatoes is well cooked to your desire, add all the seasoning and smoked fish..

Allow to cook for like 2mins then add your vegetable and cook for another 2mins.. Vegetable is ready.. Hope it's helpful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by yerilistik: 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Mizjemie25:
I used green vegetable, Onion, pepper, smoked fish, tomato and seasoning (salt, curry and knor).

Chop the onion, pepper and tomatoes.
Slice and wash the vegetable, add hot water to it (I think it's called blanching) remove immediately then rinse in cold water.

Heat groundnut/vegetable oil in a frying pan, then add the chopped onion and pepper, followed by the tomato.
Allow it to cook for awhile, when the tomatoes is well cooked to your desire, add all the seasoning and smoked fish..

Allow to cook for like 2mins then add your vegetable and cook for another 2mins.. Vegetable is ready.. Hope it's helpful

First time am knowing about "blanching" of vegetables...
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mizjemie25: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
yerilistik:

First time am knowing about "blanching" of vegetables... Thanks a lot
you are welcome
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
donblazer10:
Dinner...kpukpuru(looks like EBA nd fufu combined) and ogbono...

It's a holiday season and we should be nice...we should also live and let live I know this
Butti...this food sef lipsrsealed

You may need to join us at the spectators' (droolers') corner dahling...this is not your calling maybe
(takes off��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by donblazer10(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
merahki:

It's a holiday season and we should be nice...we should also live and let live I know this
Butti...this food sef lipsrsealed

You may need to join us at the spectators' (droolers') corner dahling...this is not your calling maybe
(takes off��‍♀️��‍♀️��‍♀️)
lol... grin grin grin grin...funny

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Boomboost(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
Eating raw plantain with style. Yeah, I'm the man.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Agbaletu: 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
Boomboost:
Call me when you try unripe plantain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
sayoberry:

Is that beans cake and burger buns? Chai it is like i am already eating it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
Chicken noodle soup. I am just on a roll with soups these days.

.......for your tummy and soul. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
Boomboost:

Chuckle.....Ok ooo. You sure are.....

. shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ejika4: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dont mind my broke ass food o. na crayfish n Cameroon pepper make am change colour. #wenmoneynodey

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Boomboost(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
Xiadnat:

Chuckle.....Ok ooo. You sure are.....

. shocked

Nothing's wrong with eating ripe raw plantain. I've even eaten a bit of washed and cleaned Raw ice fish, you should try it.

My cousin visited, she did something so weird. She put I think a cube of sugar in her bowl of beans, broke it inside and mixed.

What of some peeps here that eat indomie that hasn't been cooked, or raw onions or lick maggi...

my point is, not every food should go through fire.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Boomboost(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
ejika4:
Dont mind my broke ass food o. na crayfish n Cameroon pepper make am change colour. #wenmoneynodey

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Konquest: 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
MsNgo40:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

Lol!... grin
Well that's Akara embedded in bread buns!
Akara is very tasty deep-fried beans paste[blended
with an electric grinder/blender with a mix
of tasty ingredients].

Akara is also popularly eaten in places such as Cuba and
Bahia in Brazil where it is called "Akara Iyesa"
[Iyesa is spelt as Ijesa in Western Nigeria]. Africans
from the Ijesa sub-group of the Yoruba
people in Nigeria who were taken in thousands
as captives in the 1800s to work in the South American slave plantations
brought Akara to Brazil from Nigeria.

You can search YouTube food channels for
step-by-step methods on video for making delicious akara,
puff-puff and other healthy and/or
tasty Nigerian/African foods.

I hope this helps! smiley

Cheers.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ejika4: 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
Boomboost:

Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but...

Thank God, finish. As for the money, think of how to help people and how it will benefit you also.
if theres money y won't I help. so must u type something to rubbish ones post? we're all catching fun with all these stuffs nani....no hating tho....
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@MsNgo40

Lol!... grin

You are a walking history buff...I might need to refer you when I want an answer to a question....
However, lol...I see brother that I got this one so wrong...and I should know better!
I heard that word (Akara balls) a few times growing up (by my dad)...but my late mother, who was Black American, never made it.
I DID however, grow up eating Ogbono and Egusi Soups with the infamous and ever popular FuFu! My mother ground the egusi seeds and had some friends who lived in another state deliver that wonderful Palm oil...and my dad said she nailed both soups.
Those were the only Nigerian (Igbo) foods that we ate...sadly enough.
I have had MoiMoi (if that's how it's spelled) before...and I had the tastiest white yams I've ever eaten in my life...

The akara looked like chicken sandwiches from a popular American food chain called "Chik Fila"...so I thought that might have been chicken pieces!

I will definitely look at more recipes though and attempt to conquer them!
Thanks for the help smiley

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
Xiadnat:
Chicken noodle soup. I am just on a roll with soups these days.

.......for your tummy and soul. smiley

I like your colorful and healthier version. Very nice presentation!
I see you used tri-color Rotini pasta.
Good job!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (3542) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.