Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:22 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5884543 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (3509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CDCEO001: 6:40pm On May 20, 2018
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CDCEO001: 6:46pm On May 20, 2018
radiokilla:
You ladies should add graphic content to these images. Some of us are bachelor's and cannot conjure these stuffs Na. Single ladies should indicate abeg .

Poeticsky come showcase your culinary skills here.

Don't think that is only ladies that post all the food here, some are men oooo. Gender should not stop anyone from cooking when they have to.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 20, 2018
See drama wey i miss, from some comment here I just feel that this thread might turn into unhealthy competition someday.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by CDCEO001: 6:49pm On May 20, 2018
ibkayee:
Pounded Poundo yam, eforiro, red stew with beef and red stew with fish
I sighted biscuits and cashew nuts self, your table is rich oooo.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by casby: 7:11pm On May 20, 2018
Sunday rice

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:12pm On May 20, 2018
iamloyalty:
See drama wey i miss, from some comment here I just feel that this thread might turn into unhealthy competition someday.
The thread has survived worse situations and endured challenges just like everything in life but it's still going strong... 6years no be beans!
This thread is my happy place on nairaland where I come to chill and view variety of food!
We are here to make sure it stays sane for sacred food's sake cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
It's fried plantain...very delicious with beans or rice or by itself .
zaynie:

Lol
Dodo is fried plantain o.
Shebi you know plantain? Just cut it up in any shape you like, add a lil bit of salt (optional) and fry (some like it just lightly fried, some brown and others slightly burnt)

Plaintain....yes I know it but it was too sweet. We dont have it here. I think they import so its a little expensive. I will find it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:28pm On May 20, 2018
jagugu88li:

Plaintain....yes I know it but it was too sweet. We dont have it here. I think they import so its a little expensive. I will find it
it's worth every penny grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
it's worth every penny grin
I just finished cooking outdoors and now my pictures .... embarassed cry File too large. I have cropped yet it still wont work.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HelenBee(f): 7:37pm On May 20, 2018
radiokilla:
You ladies should add graphic content to these images. Some of us are bachelor's and cannot conjure these stuffs Na. Single ladies should indicate abeg .

Lol...graphic indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by casby: 7:48pm On May 20, 2018
Learning things

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:07pm On May 20, 2018
jagugu88li:
I just finished cooking outdoors and now my pictures .... embarassed cry File too large. I have cropped yet it still wont work.
Try harder girl, you can do it! angry
You owe us those magnificent pictures! angry
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 8:11pm On May 20, 2018
Sunday meal.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
The thread has survived worse situations and endured challenges just like everything in life but it's still going strong... 6years no be beans!
This thread is my happy place on nairaland where I come to chill and view variety of food!
We are here to make sure it stays sane for sacred food's sake cool

I just hope so.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shine1177: 8:30pm On May 20, 2018

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 20, 2018
funlord:

Anywhere these kiddy romance landers reach na quarrel and inanities must full the place! Abeg na chow I wan see so make una carry this una baggage face left as Beyonce talk! angry

Na dem be o, immediately i saw some of them here i just know something like this might come up.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 20, 2018
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 20, 2018
esof1:

Yeah, very necessary. I haven't bought bread for over 6 months now. Homemade bread is bae

Yes nothing like homemade bread, i haven't bought for some time too. I feel like baking this night but the recent yeast i bought is stale.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SugaryBelle(f): 8:48pm On May 20, 2018
CDCEO001:

That's right, vegetable soup is the main thing used to eat it with or without okra and lots of goodies.
I think Asusu is originated from Abiriba.
What do you think /know?
I'm not sure, though they are known to make it well.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 20, 2018
Chai,but d soup small now.How pesin go finish dis heavy semo wit dis small soup?
Shine1177:
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shine1177: 9:16pm On May 20, 2018
@ Sansa143

Pot still full smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mizwisdom(f): 9:17pm On May 20, 2018
radiokilla:

If you like food you should learn how to prepare it. Firsr download videos from YouTube and learn. Cooking is not rocket science, very easy

Order various kind of books at orderbooksng@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 20, 2018
funlord:

Instead of them to focus on jamb or nysc it is to be screaming boyfriend and girlfriend all over the place....doing relationship with their pocket money.....some of them are yet to even grow pubic hair!

May they never come back with their wahala.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MizMyColi(f): 9:40pm On May 20, 2018
I have discovered two things that takes my jollof rice to another level of existence.

I use India gate basmati.rice, it has this brown packaging and the bottom is transparent. I had actually bought it just to try it out, and I am so glad I did.

The longer Basmati rice is in storage, the better it gets. It cooks faster than Thai parboiled rice as well.

Also, I don't parboil it before cooking. But I make sure to wash well with hot water.

Okay back to my reason for posting.

I discovered that canned coconut milk makes all the difference to my rice, and maybe a bit of white pepper, and a sizable amount of Indian hot curry.

Despite not using chicken stock because I have been avoiding chicken lately, I find that just using mackerel alone ( not geisha though), still gives me that superb party jollof taste, and I have to hold myself back from binging.

I am quite lazy at snapping pictures, but if anyone wishes to know my recipe, then I am more than happy to get off this lazy butt and go take pictures of my finished product and then write out the directions.

Meanwhile, here's a picture of the canned coconut milk i took from earlier.
smiley

Yes, there's this new song I discovered.
It's a Christian song by a musician called password and it's called "Amaghim oo"

When this music plays, and I eat my jollof rice, plus my unsweetened yoghurt, I am sure even the angels are going to dine with me.

cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 20, 2018
Coconut and corn salard.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 11:01pm On May 20, 2018
iamloyalty:
Coconut and corn salard.
interesting.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:21am On May 21, 2018
Shine1177:
@ Sans.a143

Pot still full smiley
Now your talking
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 10:34am On May 21, 2018
jagugu88li:

Maybe you got the overripe ones. They are usually sugary sweet upon frying. The overripe plantain looks dark yellow to light brown with lots of black lines or patches.
Try the barely ripe ones. The plantain is usually a very pale yellow.
The unripe ones are dark or light green. They are tasty when boiled or roasted.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queensnow: 10:35am On May 21, 2018
MissIndependent:
Who knows the name of this fish please? It's called express fish here in the market I wish to know the real name. Very delicious something grin
this is panla elenu shio shio.. have u tried ojuyobo eyez kongba grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 10:38am On May 21, 2018
iamloyalty:
Coconut and corn salard.

I remember this combo back in secondary school o. Those Togo peeps used to hawk it. .coconut and corn (without the cob) sprinkled with sugar.
Yum yum.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queensnow: 11:16am On May 21, 2018
In addition; just In case the water is much, leave the pot open while on fire and reduce the heat this will reduce d water.
zaynie:

Less water, more pepper.
Then mash while still on fire, by the time it cools it becomes thick but soft with some bits of yam still intact.
Most parties use potatoes so they don't have to add sugar to the porridge. So when you're mashing,its actually the potato that gets mashed most.

(You can cook with enough water to cook the yam, then drain right when you are about to mash but that means you get to drain all the gbogbotigbo you put in your porridge too)
Cc priceless200

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (3509) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.