Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,781 members, 7,972,810 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 06:45 PM

Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 (756 Views)

Jonathan Responds To Obasanjo’s Plot To Install Northern President In 2015 ! / Why Nigerian Cant Have A Northern President Come 2015 / Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by ayofolajin: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2012
he northern part of the country which lost the Presidency with the death of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua in 2010 has begun fresh efforts to regain control of Aso Rock.

Northern leaders, including former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon; former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former Kano State Governor Ibrahim Shekarau met yesterday to fine-tune their strategies for getting back the Presidency.

The Arewa leaders spoke Wednesday at the opening of a two-day conference entitled: “The North and strategies for sustainable development”, organised by Arewa House Centre for Historical Documentation and Research of the Ahmadu Bello University.

They expressed deep worry about the dwindling political leadership fortune of the North.

In his address, Gowon reflected on the nation’s system of producing leadership and called for the introduction of an electoral college for the presidential election in 2015.

Gowon, who was represented by the Chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Alhaji Aliko Mohammed, stressed that the North must come together to forge a common front for the region to enjoy political progress and development, which the nation at large would benefit from.

He said: “Unless we come together in the North, we would continue to have problems. I met with the Senate caucus in the North in Abuja last week and I asked them to reconsider the introduction of an electoral college in electing the president.”

Continue @ www.ayofolajin.com
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2012
Gowon,
I thought you are a die hard "one" Nigeria guy?

Now it is about the North?
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by RedLight1: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2012
LMAO! Poorest and funniest combination of all time, they probably wnt get up to 1000votes, imagine gowon that has no reputation with the igbos, Atiku that has bad reputation in Nigeria and shekaram that has no reputation at all coming together... This is the political joke of the century!

3 Likes

Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by hurricaneChris: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2012
hahahahahahahahaahahaha grin grin grin
If GEJ sees d names of d politicians involved, he will shout ''OPE O''

Imagine Gowon of all people...........hahahahahaha they have already lost tongue tongue tongue

*turns to my laptop and continues my drawing jaree*

1 Like

Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by dejust(m): 10:00am On Dec 06, 2012
In Nigerian politics, no region is a push over.May God help us to be part of 2015 and see how it goes.
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by PriceOfGarri(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2012
hurricaneChris: hahahahahahahahaahahaha grin grin grin
If GEJ sees d names of d politicians involved, he will shout ''OPE O''

Imagine Gowon of all people...........hahahahahaha they have already lost tongue tongue tongue

*turns to my laptop and continues my drawing jaree*

lmao. that name ''GOWON'' should cause land slide of votes xpecially from d Ibos grin grin grin grin grin.
hahahahahahaha..............stewpid h-idiots.

abeg guy gimme two dericaz of g-rri jaree cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by saintneo(m): 10:40am On Dec 06, 2012
hilarious comments............guess there will be 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% turn out and votes from SE & SS
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by PointB: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2012
What is Electoral College? Another roundabout way of allocating huge numbers to themselves based on fictitious census figures .
Bloody frauds!
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by hurricaneChris: 11:07am On Dec 06, 2012
saintneo: hilarious comments............guess there will be 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% turn out and votes from SE & SS

i agree with the coloured part grin grin grin grin grin grin
rubbish!!
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by juman(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2012
Electoral college is a bad way of choosing leader.
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by Dede1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
Electoral College shall be accepted as long as there are equal numbers of states in the North and as in the South. In addition, the so-called geo-political zones should have equal number of states in each zone. If the Senators should constitute the Electoral College, it is imperative that each zone has equal number of senators. Any impasse during electioneering process could be resolved through the acceptance of a candidate, at least, in 2/3 of the geopolitical zones.
Re: Gowon, Atiku, Shekarau Move To Produce Northern President In 2015 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Association of the corrupt fools!!!! Atiku still get mouth talk?

(1) (Reply)

Universities May Strike - Fg’s Meeting With SSANU, NASU, NAAT Ends In Deadlock / 21st Century Has Become More Of A "LESS". / Gunmen In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.