Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,603 members, 7,885,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:37 AM

What Is So Special About December? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is So Special About December? (10776 Views)

Strange Facts About December & The Year 2013. / Some Facts About December 2013 / What Is So Special About January 1st? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About December? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Christmas shopping and eating? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About December? by Ramtzy: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
The Month Societal vices @ peak
Re: What Is So Special About December? by modestdude(m): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
@Speeder, Sharrap Ewu. Do u think you know about savings more dan any Igbo?
Re: What Is So Special About December? by hardbody: 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
speeder: For us Christians, its day our Lord Jesus christ came to the world to shed his blood on the cross just so save sinful mankind.
Its also the month when Igbo man spends or squanders all the money he has been saving from january.

Two major lies arising out of ignorance:

1. Jesus did not die in December, neither was he born in December
2. I dont even finish my December salary during the period, and yes, i travel heavy, spend, make merry and return to base in the second week of January to start a new year. Reason before you start typing, next time, that is.
Re: What Is So Special About December? by xynerise: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Because I wedded in December and my child was born in December cool
Re: What Is So Special About December? by TableLeg(m): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
ItsModella: Christmas shopping and eating? undecided undecided
I like a woman who can eat .... #JustSaying #NotHittingOnU
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
speeder: For us Christians, its day our Lord Jesus christ came to the world to shed his blood on the cross just so save sinful mankind.
Its also the month when Igbo man spends or squanders all the money he has been saving from january.

Are you on prescriptions

BTW, money no dey dis year end.
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
hardbody:

2. I dont even finish my December salary during the period, and yes, i travel heavy, spend, make merry and return to base in the second week of January to start a new year. Reason before you start typing, next time, that is.

Abeg help me tell them. For those who still beleive Jesus was born on Deceber 25, my question for you is how come you dont know the year he was born but you you know the day and month! they will shout 25th December but if u ask them of the year they will start long grammar. Just google "the pagan origin of christmas" and see the result!

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About December? by Revolva(m): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Its d most groovy month of the year when babes go dey cheap and can do anything to get money in their poket --
Re: What Is So Special About December? by free2ryhme: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
ajiscolet: It the̶̲̥̅̊ month of the̶̲̥̅̊ saviour of the̶̲̥̅̊ world grin

says who and what is your source
Re: What Is So Special About December? by free2ryhme: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
favourite: It is a season when Christians celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a season of giving and thanksgiving.

is christ still in the manger cos the last time i checked he has risen and that is what count
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
-No one talked about the 13th month salary? wink And, then you work for less than 20days in the month...and you're paid FULL salary + end of year bonus ..etc

-Really, December brings loads of exciting gifts + season to re-unite
with family and friends...

-Another good time to remember Christ's birth and celebrate His works in our lives, reaching out to others in love, visiting the sick, the downtrodden, prisons, kids in the orphanages, sharing God's love.

I love December...smiley
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Cherish100(f): 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
It's my birth month. kiss kiss
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Lasinoh: 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
I don't care about concepts of Jesus and Christianity! kiss

A time for family get-together and some 'international/CROSSCONTINENTAL RUNS'! cool

The music. . . the decorations. . . THE MALL!!!!

PRESENTS. . . .PRESENTS. . . GIFTS. . . GIFTS!!!

Time to ring in the new year tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! AN OLD YEAR IN REVIEW!!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4VJZTq8vU

OLD LANG SYNE!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rCZduGdax8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUBMWZ2TmZATH

[size=20pt]THE NFL IN THE GREATEST US OF A. . . . .THE LAND OF ONLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE INSIDE AND OUT!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! cool[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sXaPcjBKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUBMWZ2TmZATH

*O YE MOFO. . . .DELETE THIS POST TOO. IJJJIOTA*! kiss

*THREAD UNFOLLOWED. . . THE UNMISTABLE STENCH OF AN UNDESIREABLE POLYMONIKERIHG MOD/SUPER MODE OF AN WHO-RE DETECTED*! kiss
Re: What Is So Special About December? by TableLeg(m): 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
johnark: It special cuz it waz d day tht our lord jesus waz born
Shut the hell up ...Jesus was not born in December!
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
BECAUSE IS THE BIRTH MONTH OF MY BABY.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About December? by dasparrow: 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
@Post

What is so special about December?

The birth of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ and the fact that I will have some time off for the festivities; eat, sleep, be merry and look forward to a new and prosperous new year.
Re: What Is So Special About December? by TableLeg(m): 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

What is so special about December?

The birth of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ and the fact that I will have some time off for the festivities; eat, sleep, be merry and look forward to a new and prosperous new year.
Dont be silly, Jesus was not born in December!
I repeat, Jesus was not born in December!!!!
Pssssst
Re: What Is So Special About December? by greedie1(f): 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
the remembrance of the birth of our lord Jesus
its the only time of the year i go to my villa
my family's reunion is always in december so i get to see everyone of my large extended family
its dat time of the year wen mum does all the cooking and i do the eating grin grin grin
i can gist from morning to night and not be rebuked by anyone...
oh and then der are the masquerades.. i dont think i can outgrow "oso mmanwu"..the manner may differ but not the viewing grin grin grin

i love this month, i love christmas grin and i love Christmas songs grin grin grin
Re: What Is So Special About December? by toprealman: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
From business perspective , end of a hustling year. Time to reflect and restrategize if need be.
As Christians, reflection and celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Re: What Is So Special About December? by tomakint: 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
Nothing special about December, it's like any other months except it is the 12th month undecided
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Bawss1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
December is the Friday of the months.

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About December? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
There is just something abt December. I just can't explain it. Asides from it being d month we celebrate d birth of our Lord Jesus, its also d end of the year -bonus month, 13th month etc. Then its generally a holiday month with many biz closing for a bit and all that. Its just fun and happiness in the air! love December!!!
Re: What Is So Special About December? by tomakint: 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
gree-die:
the remembrance of the birth of our lord Jesus
its the only time of the year i go to my villa
my family's reunion is always in december so i get to see everyone of my large extended family
its dat time of the year wen mum does all the cooking and i do the eating grin grin grin
i can gist from morning to night and not be rebuked by anyone...
oh and then der are the masquerades.. i dont think i can outgrow "oso mmanwu"..the manner may differ but not the viewing grin grin grin

i love this month, i love christmas grin and i love Christmas songs grin grin grin

wink
Re: What Is So Special About December? by ibehenryrocket(m): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
Xmas sweet b4 b4 not anymore. D undecided undecidedgovernment has killed christmas. “The grinch that stole christmas” Even the weather seems not to b in d mood. D untold hardship. Pple don't travel like b4 cos of d crazy fares. A. Lot of kids even miss out on xmas clothes. The xmas feel is no longer there. Whers d xmas songs? Whers d xmas decorations? A barca match is even better dan xmas here. As 4 me christmas died a long time ago in 9ja & dats the truth
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Elebiju: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
johnark: It special cuz it waz d day tht our lord jesus waz born
who told u jesus was born in december?have u ever tried to make researchs rather than feeding off the junk d catholic made for u.
Re: What Is So Special About December? by Teejayphillip(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
Its a time wen u ave 2 sit down and gif account of ur achievement...

And it also a time wen u gat 2 gif ur God all glory 4 sparing ur life til dis date...

December is a time of CELEBRATION ,so lets start popping sum CHAMPAGNE
Re: What Is So Special About December? by trolling(m): 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
i hate it,its the dead of the winter, figs are dying and falling off, this is when i experience S.A.D
Re: What Is So Special About December? by 7stargeneralady: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
Because its my month...december 23 to be precise
Re: What Is So Special About December? by SELFWORTH: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
hardbody:

I don't think anyone is claiming He was born in December. We choose December as a month to celebrate Him.
Re: What Is So Special About December? by SELFWORTH: 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
Table Leg :

Shut the hell up ...Jesus was not born in December!

Please take it easy now! Just correct and let it be .

All these Christians fighting against Christians . Such disunity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Call “christmas“ In Your Native Tongue? / I Need A Name For My Newly Born Baby Boy / Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.