Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership (2710 Views)

Arsenal To Win The Premiership And D Champions League - T.b Joshua / Who R The Best Right Backs And Left Backs In The World / Why Are Nigerians So Crazy About The Premiership? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Akolawole(m): 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2006
He has been playing consistently well for the whole season.

He is a genius.

No wonder, he was nominated as one of the six best young player in the Premiership.

He can dribble, shoot and pass.

Beside, arsenal's alexander Hleb, i have not seen a super talented player like this in his position.

He taught Arsenal's Flamini bitter lesson yesterday.

Even though, he is a British citizen, they ignore inviting him to the national Team to displace "Almighty" David Beckham probably because of his colour.

What can you say about this boy, sorry man?

Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by LoverBwoy(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2006
Yes he is a very good player, in the same league as Routeledge* former crystal palace n spurs player (now with portsmouth)

He still needs more experience and direct impact on the team,

England has got a whole lot of good midfield player, Owen H, lampard, Gerrard, Beckham,Wright-Phillips,Jenas,Dyer,J.Cole and the rest

I dont think displacing the Captain and a very experienced player for a raising start is the way to go, even pennet hasnt made it to the top

This is his first season in the premiership, he needs more experience

NOT ALL BRITISH CITIZENS WILL GET THE CHANCE TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND cheesy
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Akolawole(m): 8:19am On Apr 24, 2006
This is not his first season.

You need no further experience after playing in the first team of Top four bet team in England.

Is this boy not better than David?

Go and ask Shola Ameobi if there is indeed racial discrimination in England National team
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Vieira(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2006
You people get excited by one good match!

Lennon has only played 2 full matches in the premiership this season, the rest he has been a sub or himself subbed, he has sat out 10 games entirely!

While I agree he had a great game against us, one game cannot propel him into the English side.

Shola Amoebi is not goos enough to be in the English side, he is not even the first choice at Newcastle!
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Jackal(m): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2006
Don't get carried away boys.
The Best right winger in England is Cristiano Ronaldo
He makes Lennon look so ordinary.

Lennon is good but he plays with his head down.
He doesn't cross and he plays like Pius Ikedia/TJ Babangida.
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2006
the best right winger is C.ronaldo, how many games has lennon played before you guys that concluding,

only that ronaldo can be stuppid at times with unnecessary skill display
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Akolawole(m): 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2006
Vieira:

Lennon has only played 2 full matches in the premiership this season, the rest he has been a sub or himself subbed, he has sat out 10 games entirely!

While I agree he had a great game against us, one game cannot propel him into the English side.

Shola Amoebi is not goos enough to be in the English side, he is not even the first choice at Newcastle!

I am dissapointed in your comment, because i know you watch premiership quite a lot.

So, is that the only match of his that you watch?

Maybe, people that nominated him as one of the six best young player in England hava seen his performance against Arsenal in their dream.
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by LoverBwoy(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2006

Its Mr Akolawale's opinion not mine!!

You need no further experience after playing in the first team of Top four bet team in England.

Im dissappointed in you Mr Objective, u need no further experience? undecided

I think the junior team still need to call him first
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2006
Akolawole:

Maybe, people that nominated him as one of the six best young player in England hava seen his performance against Arsenal in their dream.

maybe people like you
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Akolawole(m): 1:00am On May 10, 2006
Now, he is on his way to Germany but the worrying thing is David Beckham.
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Vieira(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2006
Along with Wilcott, who has never played premiership before in his life!!

Sven has lost the plot.

4 strikers:

Rooney: Injured and may not even be fit thorughout
Owen: Injured and also not even match fit!
Crouch: rubbish player, suppossed to be Plan B but now is looking like the ONLY plan!
Wilcott: Sven has never seen him play competitive life!

What kind of manager is this?

So I would not place much weight on Sven's decision to take Lennon. The guy used SWP all through the friendlies and now he drops SWP for Lennon who he has NEVER called and used before.

Na wa for Sven
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by spikelord(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2006
Are u sure Ericsson or Motorola or Nokia or whatever has submitted his squad list. Cuz I don't know the kind of strikers he's goinna use, He has a lot of strikers to watch in the Premiership. Don't tell me he dropped Darren Bent! Or maybe he's going to make use of Joe Cole as a striker this time
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 10:39am On May 10, 2006
i wanted england to win the world cup, i believed they would win

then came the injuries to rooney, then i said maybe the quarterfinals

then came the list with lenon and walcott in them,

then i know they won't go beyond the first round, but i have faith in the team,

not with those strikers, can u imagine, jermaine defoe, isn't there, at least he should've picked someone else but walcott whom he has not seen play before,

God save the Queen, God save england in this world cup,
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by LoverBwoy(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2006
Sven has watched Walcott on Video grin

i heard he is faster than Henry

taking walcott is a big gamble but i think if he makes a meaning contribution or score a vital goal when given the oppurtunity he will be all over the front pages

I think Sven is counting on the prowess of english midfielders esp their goal scoring abilities
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Akolawole(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2006
LoverBwoy:

i heard he is faster than Henry

Walcott, Gallas and Anelka are sub-ten players.
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by Vieira(m): 3:53pm On May 10, 2006
Ashley Cole is faster than Henry
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by LoverBwoy(m): 3:56pm On May 10, 2006
o i never knew that

well i think these young players should be used in the beginning allowing rooney at co to get match fit, big risk but when ur wining togo 5-0 , just put walcoot n lennon grin
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by davidif: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2009
Abeg, the guy is just another typical English player, all they know is how to run they have no technical ability (skill) whatsoever just like rooney and gerrard. If you want to see a winger go and watch David Silva, Arjen Robben or the splendid Andres Iniesta.

Is this boy not better than David?

Go and ask Shola Ameobi if there is indeed racial discrimination in England National team

Shola Ameobi a good player?? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, judging talent is not your forte abeg. Thank goodness you are not a coach, if you were i wouldn't let you anywhere near my team. You look like one of those coaches who would select Pius Ikedia over David Beckham ha ha ha. Please don't embarass yourself again just stick to being a spectator or an armchair coach like most Nigerians jare.

Even though, he is a British citizen, they ignore  inviting him to the national Team to displace "Almighty" David Beckham probably because of his colour.

So sol campbell, ashley cole, Emile Heskey, Rio Ferdinand, Joleon Lescott, Jermaine Defoe, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright Phillips are all white shebi.

By the way, in case you didn't know, David Beckham is probably the greatest crosser to ever live, the man can settle a game with just one cross. Nobody in his right mind would select Aaron Lennon over Beckham.

So morale of the story is that you know nothing about football.
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by dayokanu(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2009
Like Lennon, Like Ashley Young, Like Agbonlahor Like Theo Walcott All run no sense. Pius Ikedia anyone?
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by chic2pimp(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2009
dayokanu:

Like Lennon, Like Ashley Young, Like Agbonlahor Like Theo Walcott All run no sense. Pius Ikedia anyone?
agree with u jare. All pace no skills. Well may be young apart. If Usain Bolt is a premier league player,he would play on the wings
davidif:

Abeg, the guy is just another typical English player, all they know is how to run they no technical (skill) ability whatsoever just like rooney and gerrard[b]. If you want to see a winger go and watch David Silva, Arjen Robben or the splendid Andres Iniesta[/b].
wot a great post. All they do is run. Great lung power combined with a limited amount of skill.
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by MrCrackles(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2009
dayokanu:

Pius Ikedia shocked
Are you nuts?
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by dayokanu(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2009
How are they different from Pius Ikedia Brash Alli?
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by SUKKIE(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2009
Most English wingers got poor ball delivery,probably that explains Y Becks is still relevant to the team.
Re: Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership by chic2pimp(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2009
SUKKIE:

Most English wingers got poor ball delivery,probably that explains Y Becks is still relevant to the team.
poor delivery and no skills. They only know how to beat players one way(pace). Imagine someone comparing beckham to figo

(1) (Reply)

Amokachi Upstages Okocha, Kanu In Best 50 Premiership List / Mercy Has Done It Again! Win World Footballer Of The Year / Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.