Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,296 members, 7,894,264 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:51 AM

Is The Bible Inside The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Inside The Bible? (504 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible Inside The Bible? by engrtee(f): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
Many of us belive that everything must be literaly in d bible. Anyword that isnt in d bible shouldnt be blivd at all?

Hence my question, WHERE IS THE BIBLE IN THE BIBLE? GVE VERSE AND CHAPTER?

Where is it written that all God word is in d bible
Re: Is The Bible Inside The Bible? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee: Many of us belive that everything must be literaly in d bible. Anyword that isnt in d bible shouldnt be blivd at all?

Hence my question, WHERE IS THE BIBLE IN THE BIBLE? GVE VERSE AND CHAPTER?

Where is it written that all God word is in d bible

Good evening,
This is quite a funny post. Anyways, I believe fervently in the divine inspiration of sacred scriptures. I believe that the bible can and does help us in our salvations journey. I believe firmly that sacred scriptures is infallible i.e there is no error in sacred scriptures. Despite these beliefs, I also believe that we are not meant to learn our faith from sacred scriptures and I know for a fact that not everything is contained in sacred scriptures. Those who believe only on what is contained in sacred scriptures, are actually setting a limit to the spirit of God.

When Christ left the earth the only thing he promised us was the paraclete i.e the spirit of God who he said would lead us to all truths. Before the writing of any book of the new testament, the Apostles of Christ have been living and worshipping God through his spirit. Though there was in existence the old testament, the apostles did not learn their faith through the old testament. A classic example was the abolition of circumcision. In the old testament, it was necessary for people to get circumcized in order to be part of the chosen people of God. It was part of the convenant between God and his people but this was dropped in the new testament through the inspiration of God's spirit.

The point I am trying to make here is that not everything is written in sacred scriptures because it was not necessary to do that. The spirit is the only thing needed to live out our christian calling. Though it is highly encouraged to read sacred scriptures and apply the principles in our daily lives, we should note that sacred scriptures does not contain every truth. The spirit of God does and what is in sacred scriptures is only a part of the truth the spirit has for us.

Thank you!
Re: Is The Bible Inside The Bible? by AtheistD(m): 5:42am On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good evening,
This is quite a funny post. Anyways, I believe fervently in the divine inspiration of sacred scriptures. I believe that the bible can and does help us in our salvations journey. I believe firmly that sacred scriptures is infallible i.e there is no error in sacred scriptures. Despite these beliefs, I also believe that we are not meant to learn our faith from sacred scriptures and I know for a fact that not everything is contained in sacred scriptures. Those who believe only on what is contained in sacred scriptures, are actually setting a limit to the spirit of God.

When Christ left the earth the only thing he promised us was the paraclete i.e the spirit of God who he said would lead us to all truths. Before the writing of any book of the new testament, the Apostles of Christ have been living and worshipping God through his spirit. Though there was in existence the old testament, the apostles did not learn their faith through the old testament. A classic example was the abolition of circumcision. In the old testament, it was necessary for people to get circumcized in order to be part of the chosen people of God. It was part of the convenant between God and his people but this was dropped in the new testament through the inspiration of God's spirit.

The point I am trying to make here is that not everything is written in sacred scriptures because it was not necessary to do that. The spirit is the only thing needed to live out our christian calling. Though it is highly encouraged to read sacred scriptures and apply the principles in our daily lives, we should note that sacred scriptures does not contain every truth. The spirit of God does and what is in sacred scriptures is only a part of the truth the spirit has for us.

Thank you!

So to summarise, the bible does not include "everything under the sun". Interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Rottom Message Seminar / Thanks For The Greatest Gift / His Name Is The WORD of GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.