Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,579 members, 7,905,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:28 AM

Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 (7157 Views)

Father Mbaka Warns Judges Over Cultism / If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 22, 2008
Some people are really angry with a God they do not even believe in. A perfect example---the one before my post that posted a picture, childish tantrums I say. Encouraging a child to do the sign of the f word sad. What a heartless man and he is here accusing God?
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 11:59am On Feb 22, 2008
The story of Jephthah who makes an odd vow to kill his own daughter can be found in your Bible.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2008
Oh righteous boy that is encouraging a child to do the sign of the f word for selfish reasons!!!!!!!

The story of Jephthah made us realize you can't make impossible vows. It tells us to mind what we say. It is easy for us to do or say things when it doesn't affect us or have any close relative affected by the issue. Was it God that told him to make a vow? But you are left to your opinions.

Let me see if your fellow atheists would see that picture and praise you for it. Kindly remove the child and put yourself in the picture.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2008
However your God clearly indicated his APPROVAL and ACCEPTANCE of the vow when he gave Jephthah victory over the Ammonites, which is what he asked God to do in exchange for his "sacrifice"!  In other words, your God agreed, accepted and approved this!.[B]This can be found in your Bible [/b],go and check it by yourself!!
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2008
If Japhthah did not win, would we be talking about not making impossible vows? It is a lesson for us not to say what we cannot do, make promises you can't keep. What I am certain of is that you Horus have sacrificed a child for your selfishness!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 5:35pm On Feb 22, 2008
I am not Japhthah and it is your killer God who clearly indicated his APPROVAL and ACCEPTANCE for the Human Sacrifice of an innocent child. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2008
Yes you are not Japhthah but you are Mr. Horus who has sacrificed a child for your childish whinings!!!!!!!
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 11:54pm On Feb 22, 2008
stillwater:

Yes you are not Japhthah but you are Mr. Horus who has sacrificed a child for your childish whinings!!!!!!!
I am NOT Japhthah  and it is your killer God who clearly indicated his APPROVAL and ACCEPTANCE for the Human Sacrifice of an innocent child by a Christian in YOUR Bible.God killer that you worship.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 23, 2008
Shout all you want, beat your chest, even pound your head on the wall to show your disgust, you Mr Horus have sacrificed a child for your childish tantrums
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 12:16am On Feb 23, 2008
stillwater:

Shout all you want, beat your chest, even pound your head on the wall to show your disgust, you Mr Horus have sacrificed a child for your childish tantrums
No i dont have to shout ,beat my chest and pound my head on any wall like all Christians do all the time ,because it is YOUR GOD[/B] WHO have [b]sacrificed an inocent child just to show that he is a killer. It is in Your Bible.I will never worship a killer.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 23, 2008
I will never worship a killer.

Yes you will never worship a killer, am I forcing you to do so? Though it gives you much pleasure to sacrifice a child, are you ritualist?
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 12:35am On Feb 23, 2008
stillwater:

Yes you will never worship a killer, am I forcing you to do so? Though it gives you much pleasure to sacrifice a child, are you ritualist?
Still I dont worship your killer God because I dont want to,so you CANNOT force me to worship your killer.
Go to read your Bible maybe you will find some new ideas of CRIME in it. grin
I dont read the Bible,I dont like Horrors stories grin
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 12:42am On Feb 23, 2008
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 2:00am On Feb 23, 2008
Oh the two edged sword grin I love it. Thank you for the picture but the fact remains you are guilty of the same crime, "sacrifice" grin
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2008
stillwater:

Oh the two edged sword grin I love it. Thank you for the picture but the fact remains you are guilty of the same crime, "sacrifice" grin
You mean you and your God killer that you worship are guilty of Killing a little innocent girl. grin
Yes.read the Warning on the picture above.
CONTENT AVISORY:your Bible contains verses descriptive or advocating,[B]suicide,incest,bestiality,sadomasochism,sexual activity in a violent context,murder,morbid violence,use of drugs or alcohol,homosexuality,voyeurism,revenge,undermining of authority figures,lawlessness,human rights violations and atrocity,hatred,fanaticism,murder,genocide,bigotry.[/B]

Here is an odd and tragic story, and what is odd about it is that God seems to approve of it too. Here a man named Jephthah makes an odd vow to kill his own daughter in exchange for victory in battle, and God actually accepts his proposal! But before you read it, keep something in mind. Christians will say that this was Jephthah's fault and that God didn't command him to make his vow. However God clearly indicated his APPROVAL and ACCEPTANCE of the vow when he gave Jephthah victory over the Ammonites, which is what he asked God to do in exchange for his[b] "sacrifice"! [/b] In other words, God agreed, accepted and approved this!

Judges 11:29-39 (English-NIV)

Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites.

And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD: "If you give the Ammonites into my hands,

whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands.

He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter.

When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break."

"My father," she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites.

But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry."

"You may go," he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry.

After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin. From this comes the Israelite custom
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2008
We still can't deny the fact that the word sacrifice is also hanging on your head grin. Can we? cool
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by 4Him(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2008
its funny how these hypocrites pick on some isolated incident in the bible to label God a killer (God forgive them).
They are only too quick to ignore the fact that these nations that Isreal was forced to defeat are not innocent afterall.

Last i checked (i doubt if Horus is concerned as dishonesty is the watchword of the atheist) the Ammonites had the Jews under the siege of constant attacks and famine for yrs until God raised up Gideon to deliver them.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2008
4Him:

its funny how these hypocrites pick on some isolated incident in the bible to label God a killer
Because when a  [B]Christian[/b] do a Human Sacrifice of an innocent little girl,for you this is just[b] an isolated incident ?[/b] shocked shocked shocked nothing more? shocked shocked
Yeah you don't care how she was killed for you it is just a statistic,a detail,an unimportant isolated incident ,as long as your killer God is satisfied with her blood. shocked shocked
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2008
stillwater:

We still can't deny the fact that the word sacrifice is also hanging on your head grin. Can me?  cool
Not on me ,I never killed this girl,but on you only,remember the girl was killed by a Christian,but for you this is just an isolated incident also grin
You just see it as a detail in a book,and what about the suffering of this poor little girl? shocked
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by dafidixone(m): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2008
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2008
Not on me ,I never killed this girl,but on you only,remember the girl was killed by a Christian,but for you this is just an isolated incident also
You just see it as a detail in a book,and what about the suffering of this poor little girl?

Shio, Was Japhthah a Christian? What about that child in your picture?
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2008
I'm yet to see therationa congratulating or reproving you. Still waiting!!!!!!!!!
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by dafidixone(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2008
Nairaland is not meant for a monkey a guess.

smiley cheesy grin grin smiley cheesy cheesy
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Horus(m): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2008
stillwater:

Shio, Was Japhthah a Christian? What about that child in your picture?
Japhthah was a worshiper of the SAME God killer,that you worship today,he is not different than you.
That child in the picture show the good reponse to a God killer that is not even represented as us african but as a whity.Christians themselve are saying that god do not have a color yet they are feeling ofended when they see a child showing his finger at a whity God.I am sure that they will not be offended if they see the same child showing his finger at a God represented as an african.What a bunch of Hypocrits!!. If your God cannot be represented as a human picture,why do you think this picture is YOUR GOD?.You are falling into the trap!!,this was done intentionally to show that christian are picture worshipers.Since how do you worship a picture instead of your god?
What a bunch of Hypocrits who contradict themselves.So you believe that your God can be represented as a picture?.of course yes, you hypocrits!!
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by ajadrage: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2008
The essence of our salvation is predicated on a sacrifice of love, and if the father can choose the love of the many over paternal emotions, then that sacrifice was worth the ransome of which it paid. This is why the man Jesus was so significant to human history as he became the son that was to be made as a ransome for the many.

It is not difficult to know amidst the pages of the bible that human sacrifices were mentioned. Prior to the coming of the man Jesus, it was spiritually neccessary to make blood recompense and not only did old Israel partake in animal sacrifice, human sacrifice was not unheard of in extreme circumstances. The early incident of Abraham and Isaac was a reminder to the children of Israel that it is the father that required the life, which was the blood.

The poster obviously would choose not to divulge that little bit of detail that took place in the genesis accounts of those early times.

So while the other nations chose to make human sacrifices, they were an offensive odour to the one who is the rightful owner of the life. Every action must have a reaction, and it has been known that the father had smote many as a cleansing ritual when the nation of Israel were marrying amongst the other nations. But when he is not the one that requires it, it becomes an anomaly when it is done.

So when and where it was written as contained in the bible, there were reasons for it as Jeptha's case was in fulfillment of a vow if a seeming miracle occured, which it did mind you.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by atutupoyo(f): 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2008
ooooooooooo oh why are people answering? Eh? Some posts are meant to be ignorned and some people. The prince of this World has blinded them. What we are to do is to pray for them BUT ignore them and their posts. Thank U.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by samsonyah: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2012
Wow I cant believe this. You are right people dont know the SCRIPTURES. It is not ment to be taken literaly. The FATHER knowes what people even good loving people will do and how far they will go to keep life in the body. He is not commanding them to eat flesh he just knows that they will when faced with starvation but the SON said if you love your life you will loose it. If you give up your life you will save it. Hopefully we have taken his way and will not eat our children when faced with ddeath. HE was not telling them to eat HE just knew they wood and was stating that they would when facing death.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by samsonyah: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sorry that post was for the canibal talk.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Ptolomeus(m): 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
samsonyah: Wow I cant believe this. You are right people dont know the SCRIPTURES. It is not ment to be taken literaly. The FATHER knowes what people even good loving people will do and how far they will go to keep life in the body. He is not commanding them to eat flesh he just knows that they will when faced with starvation but the SON said if you love your life you will loose it. If you give up your life you will save it. Hopefully we have taken his way and will not eat our children when faced with ddeath. HE was not telling them to eat HE just knew they wood and was stating that they would when facing death.
Even today there are Orthodox Jewish groups, who practice human sacrifice ... In the XXI century.
This is not a parable: the Jewish god demanded human sacrifices.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by rabzy: 12:04am On Aug 18, 2012
Who are all these people speWing nonsense about stuffs they know little about. I would rather keep quiet but the ignorance is alarming.
God never demanded human sacrifice from anyone except jesus.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
rabzy: Who are all these people speWing nonsense about stuffs they know little about. I would rather keep quiet but the ignorance is alarming.
God never demanded human sacrifice from anyone except jesus.

Of course the bible ''God'' regularly demanded human sacrifice. 'Jesus' is a Roman invention so leave that out of the matter.
Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
Leviticus 27:28-29

"Note also that any one of his possessions which a man vows as doomed to the Lord, whether it is a human being or an animal, or a hereditary field, shall be neither sold nor ransomed; everything that is thus doomed becomes most sacred to the Lord. All human beings that are doomed lose the right to be redeemed; they must be put to death."

If this is not HUMAN SACRIFICE practiced by the Jews on the orders of their tribal deity Yahweh, what is?

How can any right-thinking person walk around believing that the very creator of this wonderful universe, the very Force behind all life and consciousness, ordered these heinous atrocities?

Christianity is a form of madness to be honest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Truly Bèen Born Of Water And Spirit ? / Jihad: The Sixth Deadly Pillar Of Islam / Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.