Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,999 members, 7,970,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:18 PM

9 Reasons Why You Should Not Use Online CV Template And 1 Reason Why You Should - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Use Online CV Template And 1 Reason Why You Should (982 Views)

Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise / Cv Template In Excel Format / Click To Download The CV Template That Has Won Over 1000 Job Interviews! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Reasons Why You Should Not Use Online CV Template And 1 Reason Why You Should by Adetonyone: 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
I want to categorically state it here that, CV template will hurt more than it will help you. Curriculum Vitae can be found in every nook and crannies online with just merely typed “CV template” on Google search. Millions of pages will be displayed and you will be happy that you are going to find one CV template that you will just do some little editing on it and put all your information. Gbamm!

You might be wrong, unknowing to you most of those CV template you find are not good for you at all. Follow me now as I listed out top 9 reasons why you should not use online CV template and just one reason why you should make use of them. Here they are:

Top 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Use Online CV Template
1. Most of the online CV templates are outdated; they have been created over ten years ago and are no more relevant in today’s job hunt.

2. Using them will restrict you to follow their pattern which is not good for you at all

3. Using online CV template can never bring out the best in your and will never do that for you.

4. Don’t even go near the ones that has table in it; it will frustrate your life and leave you with disjointed CV and regression.

5. As different job require different CV template, it will take you long, long time to be able to make another CV for different job application and that is why lots of graduates use just only one CV to apply for all available job vacancies out there. Nobody will employ you with untailored CV.

6. Using online CV template will never make you to stand out because that is exact template most people use for their CV. This means that you’re not creative.

7. Online CV template will not help you to keep up with the industrial trend. You will always be a laggard, outdate, uninformed and not current at all. What work today may not work tomorrow.

8. Online CV template will miss-represent you and you should be aware that your CV is the real you represented on paper. You don’t waste your year in higher institution, so why must you get yourself misrepresented with online CV template.

9. Recruiters or Employer easily found out that you make use of pre-formatted CV which will put you in a disadvantage for the job you’re applying for.

The Only One Reason To Use Online Cv Template
1. Use them to guide yourself, to practice and learn how to write it independently on your own. JUST USE THEM AS YOUR GUIDE.

Your resume speaks for you when you are not there to do the talking. Your resume should play up your expertise and qualifications, but at the same time it communicates softer qualities such as your style, attention to detail, ability to communicate, English skills and commitment to quality.
Source: Nigerian Job Career
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Use Online CV Template And 1 Reason Why You Should by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
You have only succeeded in making baseless points to support your claim, I wonder how your lecturers scored you in your examinations, when you were in school. Go and do something better with your cafe time.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Use Online CV Template And 1 Reason Why You Should by Adetonyone: 12:06am On Dec 08, 2012
Hayjaycity: You have only succeeded in making baseless points to support your claim, I wonder how your lecturers scored you in your examinations, when you were in school. Go and do something better with your cafe time.
Oh! don't get it wrong man, are you one of the people that don't want job seeker to write there own CV? It is possible that you don't even have one and if you have? Some write it for you. I only laugh you at your statement quoted above there. Tell me the baseless point in that post bro. My lecturer don't score me at all, they just promote me and because of that don't be jealous of me. God help you.

(1) (Reply)

Manufacturing Firm Recruiting!!! / PACT Nigeria Job Recruitment, June 25th 2013 / Access Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainees In Nigeria, July 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.