Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,981 members, 7,938,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Can We Reason Together With Muslims? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Reason Together With Muslims? (591 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded / "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Reason Together With Muslims? by owokaz(m): 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
Hello my brothers in the room. Sentiment apart, we all agreed that in the beginning that God created Adam by using clay to mold him
and later blew His spirit into Adam and God put him into the Garden of Eden. Later on God realised that Adam needed a partner so He removed
one of the Adam's ribs to create Eve. We all also agreed that God told them to eat anything in the Garden except one fruit at the center.
Even though this is a parable we can still reason with it. The real meaning is that they can touch each other but they should never have
sex with each other since they have not married. Unfortunately Ibliss (Shaytan) tempted them and they did it and God sent them out of the Paradise.
Reason 1. Since Adam was in body while in paradised and not in spirit, it means we will also be in body hereafter.
" 2. Since Adam could have wife in paradise, what could defend us not to have wife as Moslems always say.
" 3. Since Adam and his wife could eat anything or put it straight, have sex in paradise why can we say they are lying?
Any comment or abuse is allowed.
Re: Can We Reason Together With Muslims? by Sweetnecta: 11:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
@Op:
by owokaz(m): 6:10pm
Hello my brothers in the room. Sentiment apart, we all agreed that in the beginning that God created Adam by using clay to mold him
and later blew His spirit into Adam and God put him into the Garden of Eden.
first at the bold. From Islamic position, we read in the Quran that Adam [as] and his wife, Hawa were told to dwell in the Garden. That Garden is paradise. We knew the name when they were told to get out of it and arrive on earth by descending to the earth. Earth was the place they were supposed to live because that is the place man was made for, as a being succeeding each other on it.

about God creating Adam and blowing His spirit into him, is not in term of God doing "manual work" like a potter/artist does and the "spirit" that is blown is created specifically for man and it is not "part of God" as "breathe" of you is part of you. it is like external thing, separate from God, like electricity and the cords are different from the electrician.

Later on God realised that Adam needed a partner so He removed
God knew what Adam needed before Adam became lonely/lonesome and needy of a mate. Nothing is hidden from God. He knew the before the beginning and all the way to after the end. He is the Planner and His Plan is the only plan.

one of the Adam's ribs to create Eve. We all also agreed that God told them to eat anything in the Garden except one fruit at the center.
God told them not to approach even the tree. That was their test. The test that they must God through and because of the enmity of the evil Shaitan known as Iblis, coupled with the 'forgetful' and hasty nature of man, the fail so that their descending to earth is realized.

Even though this is a parable we can still reason with it.
from Islamic point of view, what is in the Quran is real not a parable, unless God says it is a parable. God says he is not shy and i am sure that when He said what he said about Adam and his mate, was not in any form a parable, otherwise He would have said it was a parable. We know what is a parable in thee Quran, because God says it is a parable.

The real meaning is that they can touch each other but they should never have sex with each other since they have not married.
when God called them mates, they were married because thats what married partners are to each other; mate. It is the God alone Who sets up moral codes and rules in all acts of man, including what is true marriage, worship, righteous deeds and ways of Mercy and forgiveness. You can set your own rule for anything and say it is acceptable and okay with God and expect God to accept it. You cant force God to accept your ways. Arrogance and Pride are not things man who are created must have towards God The Creator.

Unfortunately Ibliss (Shaytan) tempted them and they did it and God sent them out of the Paradise.
They were fouled to disobey the Instructions of not "approaching" the tree. What satan said to them was that they may be like Angels or they may not die. From this, we can understand that they knew that they were not like angels who were there before them and seem not to have mates. We can also understand that they may have understood that they will die at some future time. Adam [as] was given specific years to live and knew from what was shown to him of his future that there will be children coming out of him, us, the children of Adam.

I will leave your questions alone for your brethren in Christianity. I am a muslim and whatever i say that is true from God, Alone. He is the All knowing and Owner of truth.

I will advice you to read the Quran and see a world of difference, worthy of discovery.
Re: Can We Reason Together With Muslims? by owokaz(m): 11:15am On Dec 09, 2012
i will like to thank you by brother for your post. first of all, i tried to use christtians story to proove my point out to christians and that is the reason why i said "Can we reason together" and use literal word base on reasoning and not islamic religous belief. Secondly, pertaining to Adam and Eve, Sheik Muheeden Bello also said it was a parable in his lectured i heared on Friday in radio. On this also,i read in the book of Banabas When Jesus said the reason why we circumcise is because when Adam was sent out of paradise, he tried to cut his manhood for letting him to sin against his Lord and an Angel appeared to him not to do it. And he replied that he had already wow to do it and the Angel gave him knife to cut off the foreskin to fulfill his vow. And this extend to all his children and whoever that does not do it will not enter paradise.
I also have an advice for you my brother. That if you want someone to reason with you especially someone that does not have the same belief with you, try to use what they understand not what they don't. Even whenever Prophet Muhammed(SAW) wants to judge between jews or Christians, He use their Books to judge not Quran.
Re: Can We Reason Together With Muslims? by advocate666: 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2012
owokaz:
Any comment or abuse is allowed.

You are a useless brainwashed nincompoop that should scuttle back to the quarantined rat hole called islam for mozlems.
I would post a photo of the food I am eating right now but a description will suffice. It is a menu of pancetta salad, tender pork and lardons and a bottle of Heineken. Take that!

1 Like

Re: Can We Reason Together With Muslims? by Stalwert: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
^
grin wonderful display of atheist values!
Re: Can We Reason Together With Muslims? by advocate666: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
Stalwert: ^
grin wonderful display of atheist values!

Satanist values. We give according to demand.

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't Catholic Priests Put In Their Offering During Offertory? / Britain's Most Senior Catholic Cleric 'accused Of Indecent Acts . Blackmail ? / Papal Resignation Linked To Inquiry Into 'vatican Gay Officials', Says Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.