Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,277 members, 7,943,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

How To Go About Custom Clearance Papers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Go About Custom Clearance Papers (1944 Views)

How To Confirm The Genuineness Of Custom Papers / Help!!! Can I Buy A Naija Used Car With Expired Papers N Renew / List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Go About Custom Clearance Papers by zakadamson: 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
I bought a camry 1996 model for about 5 months now though I have being using this car without custom clearance papers so I came across some related topics on this site that created some fear in me so please can you advice me on how to go about it as in how to get the original custom papers and how much it will cost me? Please help me as I am even afraid to even drive the car now thanks in advance.
Re: How To Go About Custom Clearance Papers by century106: 1:23am On Dec 10, 2012
zakadamson: I bought a camry 1996 model for about 5 months now though I have being using this car without custom clearance papers so I came across some related topics on this site that created some fear in me so please can you advice me on how to go about it as in how to get the original custom papers and how much it will cost me? Please help me as I am even afraid to even drive the car now thanks in advance.
I will give you same advice someone gave me; write your name and address, car's chasis number, make, model and year and take same to customs office for evaluation and you will be told what amount to pay but be weary of the officers you deal with, na naija we dey!...

1 Like

Re: How To Go About Custom Clearance Papers by femmy2010(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2012
century106: I will give you same advice someone gave me; write your name and address, car's chasis number, make, model and year and take same to customs office for evaluation and you will be told what amount to pay but be weary of the officers you deal with, na naija we dey!...

Officially what you stated can't be done and the said car is overaged.
Duty is only payable at the point of entry into Nigeria.

@OP,email me at duduconsultt@yahoo.com
Re: How To Go About Custom Clearance Papers by zakadamson: 4:40am On Dec 19, 2012
femmy2010:

Officially what you stated can be done and the said car is overaged.
Duty is only payable at the point of entry into Nigeria.

@OP,email me at duduconsultt@yahoo.com
so are you trying to tell me that there is no caurse for alarm? what if they stop me on the road? please advice me thanks
Re: How To Go About Custom Clearance Papers by zakadamson: 4:45am On Dec 19, 2012
century106: I will give you same advice someone gave me; write your name and address, car's chasis number, make, model and year and take same to customs office for evaluation and you will be told what amount to pay but be weary of the officers you deal with, na naija we dey!...
ok but what of if am not residing in lagos? can this be done in any part of nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Audi Gurus Pls Help / You And Traffic Rules In Nigeria. / Car Stalls When Hot; Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.