Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,342 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:15 PM

Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year (28793 Views)

Between Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi Who Has Scored More Goals In All Times / Mikel Obi Has Scored More Goal Than Messi And Ronaldo In 2014 So Far / Messi Has Now Scored More Goals Than Any Player In The History Of Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by born2boink(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
Useless chelsea
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by nedu2000(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
D goal calculations work for only UEFA,but for FIFA a goal is a goal!!!.....all teams & goals have the same value,if it wasn't then an african/asian team should've their goals multiplied as well whenever they score a european team
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by ehispapa(m): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Cornel88: Godfrey "UCAR" Chitalu was a Zambian footballer who holds a record Lionel Messi will never have. Chitalu scored and outrageous 107 goals in all competitions in a single season- a record that is still uninterrupted. Why is Godfrey Chitalu's record never recognised? One million dollar question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_Chitaluone

calendar year not full season...next time know what you write about and dont come hear pooing trash.the record is for goals scored from january to december, not for a seasion mtchwwwwwww
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by ehispapa(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
nedu2000: D goal calculations work for only UEFA,but for FIFA a goal is a goal!!!.....all teams & goals have the same value,if it wasn't then an african/asian team should've their goals multiplied as well whenever they score a european team
calendar year not full season...next time know what you write about and dont come hear pooing trash.the record is for goals scored from january to december, not for a seasion mtchwwwwwww
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by LesbianBoy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Why didnt we hear of this Godfrey dude since Ok, even if we didnt hear about him since, atleast lastweek or lets say last 2 weeks when they knew messi was about breaking muller's record i ask again, why didnt we hear about him(Godfrey chitalu) SMH....you HATERS actually waited until 'messi boku' has broken muller's record thats when you guys will bring this up! Its like some people no they take ear hear success at all! Whenever they hear someone is successful they would start looking for something negative to say! RUBBISH!!!! And as for those talking about fifa being RACISTS, you don't know what you are talking about, if not why did George weah a BLACK man (as in very black) win ''world best'' If they were racists then he wouldnt have won it! I guess there must be a reason why they didn't recognize Chitalu abi na Chinwetaluagu 107 goals may be na ''monkey post'' him score him own grin grin grin grin
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by kutchs: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
Kalusha Bwalya we know, Chris Katongo we know, this Chitalu guy is who abeg?
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by aitanofi(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
Guy, google the criteria for awarding the ballon d' Or, the award no be charity ohhh.
Naija_pikin 1: Even if they (FIFA) knew,they would have ignored the record. Am an arsenal fan,but i believe that didier drogba should be among those vying for the ballon d‘or. Just look at the list. Iniesta and messi that didnt lift a trophy last season, and ronaldo who won the la liga. Can u compare this to the champions league?. Its just absolute rubbish!
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by nedu2000(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
ehispapa: calendar year not full season...next time know what you write about and dont come hear pooing trash.the record is for goals scored from january to december, not for a seasion mtchwwwwwww
african leagues start 4rm january ends in september/october,is dat not within a single year?and the person scored 107goals,reason well & do the maths
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by ehispapa(m): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
nedu2000: african leagues start from january and are completed in the same year,unlike europe......so the argument is still valid
not african league, Nigerian league. which country in africa start her league in january? abeg dont use naija as a case study for africa
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by demitola(m): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
b4 u accuse FIFA of racism, ask ursef, if Drogba as an african ws d one dat scored such numba of goals as messi in a calendar year, wld it av bin recognizd or not? Abeg 'Racism' is an inferior mentality smtimes.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by vandarsar(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
Shut up! Madrid was beaten 5:1, Man U was equally beaten 6:1 the world record of goal scored is in australia continent 22:0, so whats the point?quote author=etudaddy]african football matches are full of corruption, if not how can a club score 20 goals against its opponent in a single match?[/quote]
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by FrenchyL(m): 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
manosteel: If he was that good, how come his name is not popular, and how come many of us don't know about him. Looking at the picture, i guess the big star as you would want us to believe was playing in an empty stadium. If i may ask, where did he score his goals? UEFA? Premiership? Laliga? Because it is very easy for one to stay in his village and scores 1000 goals, Infact it is not even equivalent to one goal in Laliga or UEFA.

He played in a very local league I guess, because he's not even known in Africa.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Mathewjoseph: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
No b only chitalu,na chinwetalu agu.ewu somalia.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
born2fuck: Chelsea have never supported any good things since their 50 millions fernando torres fail to score 15 goals a season in chelsea , 9 different coaches in 9 season, what do you expect from lunatic champion, imagine a mad man winning 100 meter race just as a chelsea won the champion league, they will never know the value and they prove the worth by sacking their Di Mateo, not even a season contract completed.... They are the one against messi progress
and all these imbechile story was forged by ur imbechile mother who failed to reveal the whole truth to you dat u ar a living fibroid cell, she absolutely got infected cos of d portland cement bag dat she was using 2 do sanitary pad, she developed u as d infection and unfortunately 4 her she thinking u'l die cos she opted for d and c u survived but also unfortunately 4 u part of ur brain was stuck 2 d placenta which unfortunately was eaten by dat mad dog beside dat dustbin side in front of the chemist store wer u wer aborted. I never blamed u gooshing all dz slimmy statements of chelsea cos it is adding 2 ur pains dat barca hav never won chelsea since 5 yrs now heddiot
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Mathewjoseph: 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
No b only chitalu,na chinwetalu agu.u b comfirm ewu gambia.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by vislabraye(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
earthgreeners:

bros lets call a spade a spade...those who watched him play in 1972 are still alive to testify

What abt Chitalu? Are there no people to verify?
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by fuke(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
honeric01:

The problem here is that most of the 107 goals can't be verified or is there a way to verify these goals?

If Wilkipedia recognises them then FIFA should.

There is Racism in Football more than anywhere else.

Beckingham is an average footballer but the white press hyped him out of proportion.

Colored players no matter their gift are never priced to match their talent and contribution
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by EBERENASAM(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
Is it recorded any wear? Africa is under-develop in dat aspect of keeping records
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
grin Hahaha, Messi critics at it again. Well. Aside from the fact that this 'Chitalu' record is not proven, the post says he scored it in a SEASON, not a CALENDER YEAR (Jan - Dec), a football season starts by the middle of a year, you dig?

Well, let it be confirmed, keep the records coming, and trust Messi to be there. Na today?
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: Even if they (FIFA) knew,they would have ignored the record. Am an arsenal fan,but i believe that didier drogba should be among those vying for the ballon d‘or. Just look at the list. Iniesta and messi that didnt lift a trophy last season, and ronaldo who won the la liga. Can u compare this to the champions league?. Its just absolute rubbish!

Oga analyser, for the record, the Ballon D'or is not necessarily given to the player that wins the biggest trophy, its merited on pure class, and who told you Messi and Iniesta didn't win any trophy last season ( Spanish Super copa, Uefa Super Cup, Fifa club world cup and Copa del rey). Get your facts right.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Naijapikin1: 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
caukerzee: you could as well say torres deserves the ballon d or. He won euros and UCL. Geoge best and romario didnt lift a trophy when they won it. Or you could say aguero should win the ballon dor since he won the leauge like ronaldo. Come up with a more constructive argument....NEXT PLEASE.
its obvious dat ur spaekin from a myopic barcelona point of view. Am an arsenal fan but more im portantly am a football fan, u sit there blind folded by a one-legged dwarf who can never play effectivly outside barca, cos he has xavi and iniesta to throw passes at him. I dont blame u, its dat idiotic platini thats always backin u up i blame. Fyi, am not a fan of wenger.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Pozzy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
paranod123: Re Read what you post dude he only score 107 in single season not year calender full season always LAPS A YEAR CALENDER SEASON END THE SECOND YEAR

Exactly, the op misunderstood it. Its in a calender year, not a season..
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: its obvious dat ur spaekin from a myopic barcelona point of view. Am an arsenal fan but more im portantly am a football fan, u sit there blind folded by a one-legged dwarf who can never play effectivly outside barca, cos he has xavi and iniesta to throw passes at him. I dont blame u, its dat idiotic platini thats always backin u up i blame. Fyi, am not a fan of wenger.

You sound like you're jealous of Messi. Haven't you heard about players who spent their career at one club and were still successful? Would you as an individual leave your job in an oil company to work as a petrol attendant? I'm sure if messi leaves barcelona/wins the world cup, you'll still find something to discredit him.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by kalufelix(m): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
[quote author=caukerzee] you could as well say torres deserves the ballon d or. He won euros and UCL. Geoge best and romario didnt lift a trophy when they won it. Or you could say aguero should win the ballon dor since he won the leauge like ronaldo. Come up with a more constructive argument....NEXT PLEASE.[/quote ] 4 ur mind naw....
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Naijapikin1: 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
samuelee1:

Oga analyser, for the record, the Ballon D'or is not necessarily given to the player that wins the biggest trophy, its merited on pure class, and who told you Messi and Iniesta didn't win any trophy last season ( Spanish Super copa, Uefa Super Cup, Fifa club world cup and Copa del rey). Get your facts right.
my bad, barca won d copa del rey and dats all. My friend if he should use it to win a trophy for his country na, better stil let him go there are no xavis and iniestas to spoon feed him wit passes and do better,ronaldo has don it. My poins is dat dis awards r biased. Arsenal(my club) went trophyless and adebayo stil took d african footballer award, haba!
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: my bad, barca won d copa del rey and dats all. My friend if he should use it to win a trophy for his country na, better stil let him go there are no xavis and iniestas to spoon feed him wit passes and do better,ronaldo has don it. My poins is dat dis awards r biased. Arsenal(my club) went trophyless and adebayo stil took d african footballer award, haba!

Goes to show you its not necessarily about trophy, but class. You claim messi is doing nothing for argentina, remember WYC 2005 and Beijing 2008 olympic soccer gold medal?? Argentina are top of their world cup qualification group, all thanks to messi, so quit being biased. You also said ronaldo has done it...done what if i may ask? Tell me the tropjy he's won for portugal.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by solomonkane(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: its obvious dat ur spaekin from a myopic barcelona point of view. Am an arsenal fan but more im portantly am a football fan, u sit there blind folded by a one-legged dwarf who can never play effectivly outside barca, cos he has xavi and iniesta to throw passes at him. I dont blame u, its dat idiotic platini thats always backin u up i blame. Fyi, am not a fan of wenger.

O boy sense far from your head o. So Messi is a one legged dwarf; wetin you come be, six legged sewer rat abi? Anumpama!! tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by solomonkane(m): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
samuelee1:

You sound like you're jealous of Messi. Haven't you heard about players who spent their career at one club and were still successful? Would you as an individual leave your job in an oil company to work as a petrol attendant? I'm sure if messi leaves barcelona/wins the world cup, you'll still find something to discredit him.

Does that one sound like someone who can work in a company? Abeg bone the guy, na street urchin wey dey find means to upgrade o.
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by kalufelix(m): 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mathew joseph: No b only chitalu,na chinwetalu agu.ewu somalia.
lol
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
solomonkane:

Does that one sound like someone who can work in a company? Abeg bone the guy, na street urchin wey dey find means to upgrade o.

grin grin
Re: Chitalu Scored More Than Messi's In A Calendar Year by timmy7(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
sia-indeed:
My guy, don't worry abt Godfrey Chitalu's unrecognised unprecedented goals' record, it will be set by Messi once FIFA has officially recognised it. Shikene!!! sadMy guy, don't worry abt Godfrey Chitalu's unrecognised unprecedented goals' record, it will be set by Messi once FIFA has officially recognised it. Shikene!!!
thanks for pointing it out, I thought a season is quite different from a calendar year too o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama & Wife Celebrate Their 11th Wedding Anniversary / Victor Osimhen Reacts After Winning Ligue 1 Player Of The Month / Floyd Mayweather Spends ₦9m On Oil Change Each Time He Services His Bugatti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.