Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,547 members, 7,901,608 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:31 PM

Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria (6432 Views)

Rejoinder: Nigerians Dont Care If South East Leave Nigeria. SS Is the Issue. / Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Fail You, Don’t Lose Faith In My Administration / South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Fatdon:
According to the president, Nigeria’s challenges are not peculiar and insurmountable; they just require strong support and understanding from the citizenry to overcome them.

He, however, urged them to stop complaining about the difficulties but to keep faith with God as no situation was too big or difficult for Him to handle.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/dont-lose-faith-in-nigeria-jonathan-urges-nigerians/

Beg to disagree with the bolded My Retard. Nigeria's problems are peculiar and self inflicted. You guys in government are 80% of the problem. Please remember you were elected to fix these problems!
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Two4Two(m): 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
I have lost faith completely in Nigeria because 1 The leaders are not telling us the truth,2 they have showed us enough reason that they are only aligning their pockets. 3 Their corrupt practices is so open that even a primary school pupil knows what is going on. The level of insecurity is so high that even the leaders themselves are afraid. 4 Unemployment is increasing as the year rolls by without the government effort to tackle it.Finally, Power (electricity)which is the engine that drives the economy is still in comatose despite the huge capital that was sunk into it by successive and present government.

A country where the fastest means to make money is going into politics is a hopeless one. A country where the hunter is hunted is gone. A country where the truth is swept under the carpet by our supposed leader is heading towards doom. A country where we celebrate corrupt leaders rather than sending them to prison is mortgaged. A country where we give national honors to crooks and allow them to mingle with the leadership is forever hopeless.

I HAVE LOST HOPE IN NIGERIA FULL STOP.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by generalJumong1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
[color=#990000]Hehehehe, lose faith? when we have already lost cynthia, bose, iyabo,chinyere, iyobo, Ayobami e.t.c to alot of mishaps caused by you and your party?

say something new mr paper president.
[/color

thank jare my brother,wen they don turn all house to mourning home.
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
So he knows he isnt doing well

Why am pained is that he and his team are busy living like colonial masters or better still oil sheiks.

Tell GEJ my response was- NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
Our president must be high on crystal meth. You want us not to lose faith meanwhile you keep giving us reasons on a daily basis to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by generalJumong1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
i still believe that the only solution to our problem is a revolution.i mean a bloody revolution.if we can get 50 to 100 young pple with the same mind and agenda,i believe we can hold this country down.

let us rise up to challenges and liberate our self from this mess.

whether u like ti or not u are going to die one day so let attack and give them a bloody fight and liberate our self so that our own children will not curse us in the future.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Akbee(m): 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
may Baba oluwa forgive mr got no shoe,my day was very poor,im godsent.he had better shut up and keep embezzling public funds.
Im happy that i didnt vote mr shoeless.even though i had voted for him my votes wouldnt have counted.he is a disgrace to niger deltan who thought he would help better their lots after several years of being denied an opportunity to occupy the apex seat of power in the country.
Badluck jonathan isnt worthy to be a president of this country.i hate his governance style with a passion.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Maleeq(m): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
maclatunji:

Ring the alarm bells! For this guy to post here shows water don pass garri be that!
My broda, e don pass o!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Akbee(m): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Faith wen
Insecurity and lost of lives and property is the oda of the day
Wen his gang of thieves has successfully failed to make transparency and accountability their watchword
Wen the masses stil wallow in abject poverty.majority of these people do live below poverty level?
Wen he(mr no shoe)has successfully failed to fulfil any of his numerous campaign promises.
To have faith in nigeria is like asking a baby to recite the periodic table.
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by JimmyBoy1: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
How do you think people will not lose faith, where reps collected bribes, moved the motion for removal of the name of a previously indicted oil firm from the list of indicted oil firms.This same reps turned around to absolve their members of any wrong doing as regards oil subsidy issues.So
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by lookmangiw(m): 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Bastardzzz. Arrrggghhh
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by JimmyBoy1: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
Tell GEJ that he said he did not promise to reduce poverty , on national TV, so what does he expect?
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
Odiegwu. Na today i lost hope? Corruption has been before GEJ and will still be after GEJ unless we carry out a revolution but yet we are fighting e-tribal wars. Lets wait by the time we wake up from our slumber NIGERIA WILL LONG DEAD AND GONE. Whether na PDP Or ACN, CPC all of dem na thief's they are only making noise because they aint in power yet.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
Fatdon: President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday urged Nigerians not to lose faith in the country as government was doing its best to address the numerous challenges confronting the nation.

The President said this at the 2012 Service of Nine Lessons and Carols, organised by the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and the Voice of Nigeria (VON).

Represented by the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, Jonathan said that the present administration would not relent in its efforts to improve the standard of living of Nigerians.

According to the president, Nigeria’s challenges are not peculiar and insurmountable; they just require strong support and understanding from the citizenry to overcome them.

Jonathan said the Federal Government remained committed to the development of the economy for all Nigerians, irrespective of their status and religious backgrounds.

He urged Nigerians to use the season of Christmas to reach out to their compatriots who were in dire need of assistance, noting that Christmas was a period of love and faith.

In his Christmas message, the presiding bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), Bishop Mike Okonkwo, urged Nigerians to use the Christmas season to reflect on the challenges confronting the nation.

He, however, urged them to stop complaining about the difficulties but to keep faith with God as no situation was too big or difficult for Him to handle.

Okonkwo called on those in positions of authority to seek God’s favour at Christmas by impacting on the lives of the less-privileged in the society. NAN

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/dont-lose-faith-in-nigeria-jonathan-urges-nigerians/
King Jona, I already lost faith in you and the country you rule long time ago
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
ONLY REVOLUTION CAN SAVE THIS COUNTRY

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by ypzilanti: 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
I have hope in Nigeria, but I never put my FAITH in Goodluck Jonathan.

I did HOPE that he would prove me to be wrong...

I did not want him to do poorly as President because if I believed in him or not, his policies would affect me.

Now I have bragging rights to say 'I told you so' to my foolish friends that voted 'Goodluck Jonathan and not PDP'

'I-told-you-so' bragging rights does not compensate for being a citizen living in one of the worst governed countries in the world.

Go on mister president, buy another Jet to make it 11 jets in prsidential fleet then ask for 10 billion to run the fleet of planes...then next day ask me not to give up hope in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
I already lost hope in this country since my primary school days!
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
ochukoccna:
A president is supposed to inspire confidence
when his presence/utterances bring about derision, you know that all is lost embarassed embarassed

Well said!
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by SokeyPanky(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mr. Jonah, i've lost my faith, and d faiths of my generations yet un-born in dis mistake called NIGERIA. I do share d sentiment dat some of d mayhem we are faced wit 2day , u inherited most of them, but i do have dis feeling dat u've not done much to change d situations . Let me say this, i will regain faith Sir, if u will only demonstrate some form of polical will in d handling of the following issues: (1) the saga surrounding d Farouk Lawan lead committee report; by bring those indicted by dat report to just justice or take justice to them. (2) the protection of lives & properties of the Nigerian populace, a responsibility that is of utmost priority to any responsible government. Avoid the provocative statement of urs claiming to be 'untop of the situation' Mr president i assure u dat wit drastic steps like dis and many more, Nigerians will regain faith in their fatherland. This is our home and country land we must stick to the idealogy of making its future better than its past . LONG LIVE NIGERIA,(one wit a true fiscal fegeralism), LONG LIVE MY COMPATRIOT.
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by kokoye(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
Did they just kidnap a federal minister's mother?

Yea..keep the hope alive.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by achovirux(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Wen
I hear dis man call GEJ speak I feel like stabbing him...cos he should be ashamed of his self...NONSENSE
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by femiseun1: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Most Nigerians voted for GEJ based on sentiments and not hearing the plans he had for the country. You will have to wait till 2015 and next time vote wisely

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by mmmustapha(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
Red-Light:
i still believe nigeria has great future more than any other african country
u r deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Naijapikin1: 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
I lost “faith“ a long time ago, shes my ex.
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by salolo(m): 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
He should tell us how? in the face of poverty, no unemployment benefits, no light, no medical facilities until we travel to india or uk or Germany, with other security issues. Pls let him tell us with all the promises he made to us... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by VirginFinder: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
True federalism is the answer.

The current system of govt has failed already.

If anything, things may get worse.

The states have to fend for themselves and play key roles that the FG has failed woefully to perform in the lives of the people while the FG acts as watchdog.
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Sheriffc(m): 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
I think if comments here are to be used to feel the pulses of young #Nigerians on the performance of President Jonathan and his team of 'technolooters', he would have failed woefully; this kind of forum, in saner climes, is used as a form of feedback by the government to gauge performance and possibly know where the people are lacking, but not in Nigeria. How did we even vote for this man? I get irritated each day when I hear him deliver speeches or talks at events. If Mr President keeps imploring Nigerians never to loose hope in the country, what has he done to promote what might encourage us not to. This shouldn't be by the word of mouth, how about actions? May God deliver us from this plague...Amen! Jonathan is the cross we have to carry, but till when? 2015? or before then?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by benson19: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
NIGERIANS una neva make noise ooo GEJ and hm group neva milk nigeria dry atleast una stil dey see food chop D ONLY SOLUTION 2 NIGERIA PROBLEM IS BLOODY REVOLUTION 4 young Nigerians 2 start dis REVOLUTION una dey xpect GOD 2 start am 4 una.. Make una no wori ooo make we continue with our statements as usual GOD GO JUDGE DEM

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
Abeg oga jonah stop caling the name of my wife o,shebi you get wife why you no call the name of your wife patience?why he be sey na faith you dey call?
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
Red-Light:
i still believe nigeria has great future more than any other african country
wake up its monday
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by Teejayphillip(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
C d RETARDEEN talkin abt faith... Does he ave one atall? He believes dat seat or position he his 2day nah em grandpa own...

Finish ur term n vacant dat seat.... God will surely restore his nation...

We r tired of these so call lies evryday.....
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Dont Lose Faith In Nigeria by nameo: 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
I believe in this nation, and i believe in your policies Sir. Just pursue them more forcefully

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AUDU ABUBAKAR Reawakens... Live From Obonicha / Was The Vice President So Tiny And Irrelevant For This Public Embarrasment? / Gov Ugwuanyi Directs Immediate Rebuilding Of Enugu Timber Shops Gutted By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.