Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,938 members, 7,890,086 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:05 AM

Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? (1909 Views)

Female Bodybuilders Before And After - Affects Of Steriods / Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof / Clemens Westerhof Says Siasia, Amokachi, Oliseh Are Baby Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2008
I know there must be at least 1 person on nairaland besides me who follows baseball.

So how about it? do you believe Roger didn't take steroids?

I think he's an arrogant ________ and lying thru his teeth! he did take it, especially since Andy Pettitte came out and said Roger told him he took them. So far McNamee has been proven right in all his accusations. Why is Clemens still lying? just admit it and ask forgiveness. We all saw what happened to Marion Jones - she denied it for yrs only to come out and cry that she did.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2008
The sport is the most unsporty sport. . .hehehehehe, na wa for english ooo

Neway. . .i was convinced as hell that Clemens was dirty when his trainer first made the allegations

Then Clemens brought that taped conversation and I wasn't so sure.

Then his performance at the hearings yesterday has me convinced of his guilt again.

Frankly I think politicians should let sportspeople police their sports.
All this talk about the nation's pastime bla bla bla, all bullshit

Better yet let everyone take which ever drug they so choose. . .the usual suspects always rise to the top

Chaff will always be garri, and yam ikokore lol

B T W you should be watching cricket anyway. . .a sport of finesse and grace
The biggest hitters are not built like NFL linemen sad angry grin
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2008
yeah all the africans I know can't understand why baseball is called a sport! lol I dunno, but I sure like it! smiley

anyways, I agree that taped conversation was very suspect. No hint of a retraction by Mcnamee and nuthin about him having lied. Why won't Clemens just give up the charade?

and i kind of agree congress has more pressing issues to attend to but I admit I also want to know is he did it. At least 4 of his cy young awards must be returned - just like marion jones returned her medals. It's even worse for someone who's presented himself as "perfect", i can't wait for him to fall flat on his face!

now I'm off to go test those "bloody syringes and beer cans for dna!" grin
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by 4Play(m): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2008
What the hell is the US Congress doing holding deliberations on such an issue? Aren't there more important issues for these Democrats to get their teeth into?

I was just scolding the Nigerian National Assembly for doing something similar only to see this waste of taxpayer's money.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2008
probably for the reason the sports governing body does not have the kind of power the congress does.
If they lie to congress, they can be prosecuted for perjury, but if they lie to Bulig selig and other baseball authorities, there'll be no repercussions.

I know there's hundreds of much more important things to take care of but it doesn't mean we can't still regulate and investigate our sports. Though not to the degree of assigning too much time and funds to it.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2008
But Jesoul, you must remember that when these people took these steroids, they were not strictly breaking the rules
under the very lax substance policies of the game. . .

B T W. . .did you jus hear that Manny, Big Papi and Beckett jus got traded. . . tongue

They will be replaced by better prospects Griffey, Boone and Bernie grin
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2008
doyin13:

But Jesoul, you must remember that when these people took these steroids, they were not strictly breaking the rules
under the very lax substance policies of the game. . .
  You right it wasn't illegal then and they can never be 'punished' for it BUT they knew what they were doing was wrong - otherwise they would not have done it secretly. They knew it gave them an unfair edge over their competitors and they went along and did it anyways. That's morally wrong.
  Even one former yankee pitcher came forward (not a well known guy, I forget his name) and said that if he'd never used steroids he woulda never made it into AA, not to talk of even the major league. That was someone's spot he took that didn't cheat with steroids.

B T W. . .did you jus hear that Manny, Big Papi and Beckett jus got traded. . . tongue
  ah ah why you go scare me like that now? I just went to espn.com to make sure you were just joking,  smiley
Manny traded maybe, but Boston is in love with Papi, I guarantee you he will not be traded anytime soon. As for 'prospects' almost the whole sphere of sports is in a "win now" mode.

People would rather have a kevin garnett now than hope for a greg oden blossoming in the future. A Chad johnson now than a future 1st rd pick etc. . . you catch my drift?  wink
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2008
JeSoul:

You right it wasn't illegal then and they can never be 'punished' for it BUT they knew what they were doing was wrong - otherwise they would not have done it secretly. They knew it gave them an unfair edge over their competitors and they went along and did it anyways. That's morally wrong.
Even one former yankee pitcher came forward (not a well known guy, I forget his name) and said that if he'd never used steroids he woulda never made it into AA, not to talk of even the major league. That was someone's spot he took that didn't cheat with steroids.
ah ah why you go scare me like that now? I just went to espn.com to make sure you were just joking, smiley
Manny traded maybe, but Boston is in love with Papi, I guarantee you he will not be traded anytime soon. As for 'prospects' almost the whole sphere of sports is in a "win now" mode.

People would rather have a kevin garnett now than hope for a greg oden blossoming in the future. A Chad johnson now than a future 1st rd pick etc. . . you catch my drift? wink

I understand na. . .that is why I wished Ken Griffey Jr. for the Red Sox. . .in fact i bet you could tease Mo Vaughn out of retirement. tongue

If Chad Johnson goes to the Patriots. . . .then i will go on a Columbine Bostonian spree

neway. . .forgetting my cannibalistic tendencies

Do you honestly believe that Bonds or Clemens would not have been big stars without the steroids.

Its a moot point but i suspect they would have been fine. Maybe would not have put on the career numbers.
home run king or three hundred wins and all that malarky but i suspect they would have done jus great. . .

Oh b t w. . .please tell me you hate, ok considering your cherubic qualities, at least dislike A-Rod.

God forgive me. . .I hope he has a career threatening injury to stop him from breaking the home run record.

if only ken griffey had been healthy. . . he would have been a worthy successor to hank aron. . .sweetest swing in baseball

neways. . .i just want to keep that post black, if you catch my drift wink
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2008
doyin13:

I understand na. . .that is why I wished Ken Griffey Jr. for the Red Sox. . .in fact i bet you could tease Mo Vaughn out of retirement. tongue
  you already know! smiley Jnr without all those injuries was well on his way to the record. . . it's too bad some people just have bad luck.

If Chad Johnson goes to the Patriots. . . .then i will go on a Columbine Bostonian spree
   lol. . . ocho cinco baby! feel free to come to boston, you would do well as Randy's partner in crime.

Do you honestly believe that Bonds or Clemens would not have been big stars without the steroids.Its a moot point but i suspect they would have been fine. Maybe would not have put on the career numbers.
home run king or three hundred wins and all that malarky but i suspect they would have done jus great. . .
  oh I think they were definately big time stars without the juice, but the drugs imho pushed them to legendary status. See how big those guys got over the yrs? its usually the reverse. people loose steam with age, not become the likeness of the incredible hulk!

Oh b t w. . .please tell me you hate, ok considering your cherubic qualities, at least dislike A-Rod.
   you know me well baby! grin
A-Rod is a selfish, self-centered human being. It's easy to dislike him. Imagine announcing his opt-out in the middle of game7 world-series, then asking mlb teams to cough up 350mil? then crawling back to the yankees, begging for forgiveness and kissing their behind. . . all in the name of the dollar! I have no respect for A-rod at all oh!

God forgive me. . .I hope he has a career threatening injury to stop him from breaking the home run record.

if only ken griffey had been healthy. . . he would have been a worthy successor to hank aron. . .sweetest swing in baseball
  I know! worthy indeed! Ken G is a lovable human being, I hope he can salvage and make good use of whatever yrs he has left in the majors.

neways. . .i just want to keep that post black, if you catch my drift wink
oooohhhh infact I catch am so tey I no fit handle am!  cheesy
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by A40(m): 11:10am On Feb 15, 2008
Never been a big baseball fan but i am not sure i even know who to believe between McNamee and Clemens its a case of two liars who can possibly be telling the truth among them but when you start looking at the build of some of these players at their ages then you begin to wonder i think Roger Clemens did it though i believe Pettite but hey he isnt the first we got Barry Bonds,Sammy Sosa etc
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 15, 2008
@POSTER
I don’t know o!
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by ochocinco1(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2008
I wouldn't be found dead in Boston angry angry angry

If you catch my drift. . . wink cheesy
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by BlackMamba(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
The only reason I'm interested in the inquiry is to level the playing field following the venomous attack on Barry Bond, in the name of cleaning the sport. Barry took whatever most players were taking to turn himself into a super slugger. The unrelenting investigation and prosecution is simply because he is black. I'm really interested to see how the feds go after Mr. Clemens for perjury. There is already more evidence than they had against Barry. And the republican congressmen acting like jerks? No one gave Barry the benefit of doubt, even with less glaring evidence.

PED is all over the place. With guys like David Ortiz becoming an overnight terror for the Red Sucks after a journey man career with the Twins.

All I'm saying is that if the government wants to waste tax payers money chasing Roid and HGH users, it should be an equal opportunity waste, without regard to race or color.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2008
A-40:

Never been a big baseball fan but i am not sure i even know who to believe between McNamee and Clemens its a case of two liars who can possibly be telling the truth among them but when you start looking at the build of some of these players at their ages then you begin to wonder i think Roger Clemens did it though i believe Pettite but hey he isnt the first we got Barry Bonds,Sammy Sosa etc
Yup he's certainly not the first and there's many that'll never get caught.
I think the difference is that McNamee has nothing to gain whatsoever by lying, and that everything he's said about other players have turned out to be true. Whereas Roger has everything to lose.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2008
dason4life:

@POSTER
I don’t know o!

why you no know? grin

ocho cinco:

I wouldn't be found dead in Boston angry angry angry

If you catch my drift. . . wink cheesy
I no dey catch that kin drift! cheesy lol.
Common ocho cinco, ocho cinco would do great in NewEngland! about least 100%more touchdowns than he got in stripes. Besides I think he looks better in Red, white and blue rather than that orange peel. smiley

BlackMamba:

The only reason I'm interested in the inquiry is to level the playing field following the venomous attack on Barry Bond, in the name of cleaning the sport. Barry took whatever most players were taking to turn himself into a super slugger. The unrelenting investigation and prosecution is simply because he is black. I'm really interested to see how the feds go after Mr. Clemens for perjury. There is already more evidence than they had against Barry. And the republican congressmen acting like jerks? No one gave Barry the benefit of doubt, even with less glaring evidence.

PED is all over the place. With guys like David Ortiz becoming an overnight terror for the Red Sucks after a journey man career with the Twins.

All I'm saying is that if the government wants to waste tax payers money chasing Roid and HGH users, it should be an equal opportunity waste, without regard to race or color.
ah ah which one be ur own with Big Papi? angry he's still 32 yrs and has been relatively the same size. Not like Clemens exploding on his way past 45 yrs! and still that big and strong? I smell a rat! a very big, juiced rat!

But I do agree with you they need to pursue Clemens with the same fury as they did Barry or else we shall cry foul!
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2008
when are they going to call Mark Mcgwire. . .

I agree with black Mamba.

there is a racial tint to the enquiry.

anecdotal evidence had it that mcgwire was on the juice too. . .

it was only after Bonds started his ascent towards the home run king thingy
that everyone took interest. . .especially when he was close to catching Ruth

If Clemens had jus shut up and acknowledged his guilt like Giambi. . .e for no reach like this.

Bonds was the big fish
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by ochocinco1(m): 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2008
Ocho Cinco baby. . . .please say the baby grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by BlackMamba(m): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2008
doyin13:
If Clemens had just shut up and acknowledged his guilt like Giambi. . .e for no reach like this.

You're damn right! I hoped and prayed that he come out swinging as he is doing, so that that there will be an opportunity to disgrace his sorry ass like they did Bond. It's obvious that he is juiced, even without the Mitchell report. His mind is playing tricks on him with his B12 excuse. Unfortunately for him Brian McNamme lacks the balls of Greg Anderson.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 10:36pm On Feb 18, 2008
ocho cinco:

Ocho Cinco baby. . . .please say the baby grin grin grin

ocho cinco baby, will you please come to boston? huh? sweetie? grin I guarantee you it is much better than cincinnati
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by MP007(m): 3:46am On Feb 19, 2008
lol , Jesoul, u want roger "the steroid" clemens to come out clean? are u kiding me? thats jail term, the dude has 7 cyong awards, the best pitcher ever , nah!

At least he took the heat off barry bonds, Clemens, the white barry,
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by jgirl3: 3:53am On Feb 19, 2008
Lol! grin grin grin grin I didn't even see this topic. He soooooooooooo took steriods! lol - whoever believes otherwise doesn't know what's up
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2008
MP007:

lol , Jesoul, u want roger "the steroid" clemens to come out clean? are u kiding me? thats jail term, the dude has 7 cyong awards, the best pitcher ever , nah!

At least he took the heat off barry bonds, Clemens, the white barry,

white barry indeed! if only they would go after Clemens with the same fury. All I know is the truth always and must come out. He will go to jail, the liar, no be only Barry and Michael Vick go dey go jail.

That man is just way too arrogant to think we all are so stupid as to believe his lies.

j-girl:

Lol! grin grin grin grin I didn't even see this topic. He soooooooooooo took steriods! lol - whoever believes otherwise doesn't know what's up

Abi O my sister! lol. . . It's so obvious that he's lying. The part that is really annoying is for him in his arrogance, thinking he's a god and people should not question him! angry He's so going down for this!
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2008
ps. Did anyone else see Andy Pettitte's news conference yesterday?

Now that is a believeable man, humble and sorry about his mistakes. I acutally like him now - inspite of the fact he's a yankee tongue
He didn't want to say it but it was clear he believes Roger is lying. Especially since Andy already testified Roger told him he'd taken steroids. He's been known as a christian and came out and did the christian thing - confessed and asked for forgiveness. Unlike some people . . .
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by BlackMamba(m): 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2008
Of course Andy handled the situation with honesty and class like a true Bronx Bomber. He should re-focus fast to contribute in the on going dismantling of the Boston championship anomaly which the G-Men has started. However, Andy better be good and win at least 15 games or else he'll get it from the boo birds at Yankee stadium.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
BlackMamba:

Of course Andy handled the situation with honesty and class like a true Bronx Bomber. He should re-focus fast to contribute in the on going dismantling of the Boston championship anomaly which the G-Men has started. However, Andy better be good and win at least 15 games or else he'll get it from the boo birds at Yankee stadium.

lol. . . since when did the bronx jungle become known for honesty and class? Since the likes of A-Rod and co its been more about the dollar, stripping the league of its best players by enticing them with sinfully ridiculous amounts of money and then rubbing it in our faces tongue

Now Boston is getting some payback ya'll wan cry foul? angry grin grin grin grin its alright BlackMamba, I forgive you. cheesy

I think Andy should be cheered even if he doesn't play his best this season. He's such a great example of how you can fall from grace, but still pick urself up, admit ur fault and move on. That's what I call a man! I love the guy jare! grin
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2008
Look at all these New Englanders displaying their dirty laundry for all to see.

Money bags parading as sports wits. . . angry angry angry

To you Bostonian, . . . . .I warn, the Bambino is back, curse and all. I wonder how long this drought will last.
Shall we say give or take. . .two centuries tongue

To those of you in the Bronx. . . .walahi, the league will give you all the best players and you still won't be able to make it to the series again
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
why all this hostility eh Doyin?

To you Bostonian, . . . . .I warn, the Bambino is back, curse and all. I wonder how long this drought will last.
Shall we say give or take. . .two centuries

God forbid bad thing! grin We shall overcome for many many years to come. Amin. Amen. Ise.

To those of you in the Bronx. . . .walahi, the league will give you all the best players and you still won't be able to make it to the series again
yes oh! Amen, amin, ise! grin Down yankees! grin A-Rod shall be the bane of your existence for the next 10yrs while you all dole out 350milla for ur pain. Amen! grin
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
why all the hostility shocked

i support the Twins for chrissakes. . .

Do you knw how that feels

The other New York team just took our ace

angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
doyin13:

why all the hostility shocked

i support the Twins for chrissakes. . .

Do you knw how that feels

The other New York team just took our ace

angry angry angry angry

ooooh Minnesota fan? nuff said, I feel ur pain cry
but why the twins now? wetin send you go that direction? smiley At least he didn't go to the yankees or boston! that woulda hurt 10times as much. But give 'em a break, I hear they are "rebuilding" right? it's a shame though, they coulda gotten a whole lot more for Santana.
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by doyin13(m): 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2008
Why not the twins, . . . .i don't have a particular team. . .so i root for the underdog

I no dey live for Yankee na.

Let's jus say in my past life I was a Bolshevik. . . .Hence my hatred for these money bag ostentatious teams angry angry

Some people define their relationship with sports in terms of the team or individuals they support.

I define it in terms of my hatred for an idea, person or team. . .its a refresing viewpoint on life grin grin grin

and often those who have too much money are subjects of my wrath

B T W. . . . . .OCHO CINCO SAYS HI wink

He loves the idea of working with Jake Delhomme in Carolina. . .lovely community team. Good fans and egalitarian to boot

He roots for the little guys you see tongue

**in any case. . . no mind my hostility as you put it. Jus playing good cop bad cop wink
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by JeSoul(f): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2008
doyin13:

Why not the twins, . . . .i don't have a particular team. . .so i root for the underdog
I no dey live for Yankee na.
   grin I hear you. I usually go for the underdog . . .long as they ain't playing a beantown team (except hockey, then I don't care  lipsrsealed)

Let's jus say in my past life I was a Bolshevik. . . .Hence my hatred for these money bag ostentatious teams angry angry
   I know, I feel you small. Becos if the smaller teams had the same kind of overly devoted fans willing to throw away tens of thousands of dollars away, they would spend it too.
  Imagine a playoff ticket last yr costing 25 grand last yr in boston?  shocked and someone actually bought it! now that kind of stuff does annoy me.

I define it in terms of my hatred for an idea, person or team. . .its a refresing viewpoint on life grin grin grin and often those who have too much money are subjects of my wrath
  How noble! grin lol . . .do you dress and play Robin Hood on the weekends too? cool j/k at least your passion has some direction and composition to it

B T W. . . . . .OCHO CINCO SAYS HI wink
  Hi Ocho baby! you look real good in those "go-daddy" commercials  grin

He loves the idea of working with Jake Delhomme in Carolina. . .lovely community team. Good fans and egalitarian to boot

1 night game with Tom Brady and you'll forget who Jake Delhomme is!  grin

**in any case. . . no mind my hostility as you put it. Jus playing good cop bad cop wink
   shhh don't tell Doyin I enjoy his input very much kiss Always gotta love and sympathize with a boston hater. iHolla!
Re: Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? by A40(m): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Jesoul
You want Chad Johnson and Randy Moss in the same thing hmm thats what they call long throat so whats the latest with Belichick and his spygate issues grin grin?

As for Roger he sounds guilty but i dont think anything would happen he would lose his cred no Hall of fame thats for sure but besides that i just feel this case might just be swept under the carpet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Footballer Asisat Oshoala Shares Disturbing Instagram Posts About Wantin / Cristiano Ronaldo Named 2016/17 UEFA Mens Player Of The Year / Download Video: Chelsea Vs Newcastle 3-1 Here With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.