Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,574 members, 7,921,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:25 PM

What Will You Remember Your Mother For? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Remember Your Mother For? (10438 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by olivegirl(f): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: [b]Her Shouts - My mum can shout down the roof.

Her hot slaps - My mums slaps makes the Nigerian Police look like biitches..

Her rage - Omo, My mum would spas out and go full loco on me. Beat my a`ss with a belt, electric cables and even bottles and sticks..

Her insistence on the Law - Which almost got her killed by a drunk Police officer..

Her suspicions - My mum was suspected me of being up to no good..

Shiit men.. At some point I felt like I was adopted..

BUT!!!

I can never get enough of her smiles whenever I made her happy..

I can never get enough of her hugs whenever she saw that I was down.

Nor the tears she cried when I had a near-fatal accident in 1993..

Nor the care and attention I recieved from her when she nursed me back to full health for almost a year..

I will never forget how she always came to my rescue whenever I was in trouble.

I will always remember how she deprived herself of some luxuries to send me abroad to school even when my father felthe couldnt afford it..

I will never forget how she bragged to anyone who cared to listen when I graduated from the Uni..

I remember driving her going into labor with my younger brother and me driving her to the hospital... That day is forever engraved in my memory.. The only thing that can replace it would be the birth of my own kid..

I cant stress it enough... My mum and I had many great times together... Of all my siblings, I think I enjoyed the best of her.. grin

Thats why I love her to death.. Even when she is being unncessarily unreasonable...

[/b]
. Ma kind 0f nnem. Anambra w0man I guess
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Viclov(m): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
She is still her wif me
Her selfless and imeasurable love...
She is always there for me..
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by araoke(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
Her prayers and encouragement
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Xeroz: 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mum is still alive n bouncing but will always rememba her for always being there even when I fail her, her advice and so many reasons.. Her always making sure I am close to God.. She is my all..Luv U dearly mum
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by victorian(f): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
I remember my mum for her strength in keeping the family together, and making it possible to actualize my first love, my fashion, my upcoming empire...she actually sold her only house in Lagos, to setup my fashion world... Mama, you are the best kiss..... May her soul rest in perfect peace till we get to meet again, sitting beside God, and his angels....muah.... Love you till eternity..
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by bomega4u(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2012
blackwood: For not recognizing me when she saw me, after leaving me nearly all my life. Sorry, but now,shes just another old woman.
And how come people never talk about fathers, why is there no poem for fathers, why didnt Tupac sing dear father, why didnt boyzIImen sing PAPA. i just hate those mother songs.Do you know how many mothers day we have in a year? in my church they celebrate mothers sunday nearly every sundayand they call asking why i dont come to church. now there is a forum here for mothers.

Very deep!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Agrika: 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
My mummy still de o abeg, my mom is a super woman, she is a disciplinerian to the core , she taught me contentness and self-esteem, and how to be resourceful and independent as a lady, she is so prudent, she could prepare a pot of soup with 100 naira and it could taste like something from Mr.Biggs.
And last of all her bargaining and super marketing skills.
I Too love u mummy, the best is yet to come

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by ATMC(f): 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mum is still here buh i often tell pple this about her; whenever i made mistake while cooking like adding excess salt, while eating d food, she'll call me and say something like 'has salt finished in this house or has oil finished or has water stopped rushing?' this question then used to leave me a little confused lol but not anymore as i have understood d irony.
There was something my mum said one day dt i'll never forget; my mum is in d habit of cleaning my face, nose, eyes with handkie, so one day, i asked her 'do you used to pick up these handkies on d road?' she responded yes o, when you come to market, you see them lying everywhere then you pick as many as you will' lol, i asked dt question cos handkies are very small and i couldn't imagine they were sold! Lol...my mum is very strong! My elder brother used to be heady as a teenager then my mum used to pursue him...see race...beat him eh lol. My mum is d reason i'm a christian today.
My mum is very funny!!!
There's this story she told us one day about her growing up; after d war in 1970, my grandmother wanted to cook but they had 2 bottles ofred oil and no ingredient so she asked mum to go to afor market and sell one bottle of d oil and use d money to buy d required ingredient, mum left in d morning and came back in d evening with d oil unsold lol and her siblings were very hungry...my granny then told mum's little sister to go keep d oil in d store and as she was going she slipped and fell down and d bottle broke and cut her hand and she was taken to a man who stitched d wound at d cost of my mum's favourite cloth for his daughter who was to leave for onitsha d next day...lol they eventually went to bed hungry! Chai
I'm yet to see my mum talk back at my dad, it has never happened in our house...maybe she does in their room but i haven't seen her do so.
My mum is very good in calculations and remembering dates.
My mum has a very wonderful figure.
i didn't like d way my mum used to tell my guardian back then in secondary school to deal with me whenever she brings me back to school after resumption. I used to prefer my dad taking me back to school.
Phew! My mum's okro soup has no rival! And on and on it goes...sweet mother you are simply d best!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by ATMC(f): 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
Double post
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by ATMC(f): 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
For beating me on january 1st 2010 cry all i could do was cover my eyes so she doesn't hit me in d eyes cry
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Ndoz(m): 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
So carin
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Fadenitan(m): 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
I call her mama,she is a mother in millions,a good & hard working mother that transact her various bussinesses off head without using calculator.She is a lover of education despite not educated,she make sure we her children & relative see d four wall of a class to master‘s level.Mama my pivotal to dis world thank you for been my mother and for all your motherly love & care.I remember you as always, continue to rest in peace.we love you but GOD love you most.Iya onirun re sun re ooooooooooooooooo...................
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by AdexOmoby(f): 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
I would remeber my mum for been such a vey focused and strong woman...she made me become all that I am today
I woud always remeber her delicipus meals...I am yet to see anyfood that could beat my mums' esp her moin and jollof rice...
I wud remeber her for still and even up still now buying cloths shoes and stuffs for us...Not seen aw she is able to get my taste all the time...Never has she made a mistake of getting something I dont like and even if u go buy stuffs for ur self and u show mum, be sure that she would refund ur money back...I love this woman, Chai!
I would remebr her for all her sacrifieces and love....Wateva I needed and my siblings needed, mum would always provide...Nomatter aw much and what it is
I would remeber her for her love, guidance, goodness and advise...
I would remeber her for her for always knowing and recognizing all our cloths and shoes, be sure that evne if u wear something new, eida sometin my sisters gives me, mum wud ask 'avent seen this on u, where did u get this frm'
All thru the years, av looked for words to qualify my mum, still date, avent found any...She is one in a million...I simply pray she would live to eat the fruits of her labour...She is gonna travel around the world and ride in jets o!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by ajbest(f): 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
mine wud b rembered for alot! hardwork, equal love for bot ha kids n doz in ha custody, a sacrifice bot in ha home n ofix, its so sad shee cudnt wait to recieve any reward from any of us as she died prematuredly before we cud stand finacially to say tank u to ha.... she is d best in d world n i wud miss ha al ma wife
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by PoloYoung(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
The hole things u guys have said those not make me remainber her for cus she what more than ur POST
SHE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by coronaprof(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
[b]I will always remember my mom for the careful way in which she gave birth to me.,,1985

I will always remember her for ensuring that I memorized the ready reckoner for my first school entry interview...19??

I'll remember her kind heartedness forever.SHE HASFORGIVEN A LOT AND AS SUCH i OWE HER MUCH MORE

Infact I owe my life experiences both good and bad to her. thank God for dad being there too!
[i][/i][/b]
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Ishilove: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
Creepy question, especially as she is still very much alive and bouncing in the Lord everyday.

*shudder* sad

The only comment I will make is if indeed reincarnation is real, I want to have her as my mother in innumerable lifetimes to come.

Fini.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by komek(m): 12:16am On Dec 12, 2012
Everything I learnt , I got it from her. She tot me how to do the house chores whc I enjoy so much today, she tot hw to take care of a woman. She tot me hw to bring out my dick from the Zip side instead of pulling down the whole trousers whenever I wanted to pee.
She tot me everything I no as a human being, but in all, that woman too harsh sef. Even at 30 something, she still threatens me . But I L♥√ع her sha

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by InvertedHammer: 12:56am On Dec 12, 2012
Tried very hard..still could not find anything good to say. Dad died when I was 2 months; mom was never present in my life.
I pretty much had to teach myself how to be a man.
And now, all she does is compete with me as if we are mates...

I just don't like anything that reminds me that she exists.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Leadn(m): 1:45am On Dec 12, 2012
My mum is my life!... she's still alive but very ill cry cry and am praying nothing happens to her... she must get to 100years for me, the best thing that ever happened to my damned life!

Love her more than my life,,, would gladly trade spaces if the need arises

Love you mummy for EVER
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by LadyGeorge(f): 5:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Many have great things 2 tell about their mothers, mine pushed me away 4rm ha side d only person she loved nd cared 4 was my elda brother ha first child. I spent my childhood life in lonelyness and i bcame used 2 it and uptil nw i find it strange 2 be in midst of people. At least i can rememba her 4 that.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by dmcdad: 6:02am On Dec 12, 2012
Lady George :
Many have great things 2 tell about their mothers, mine pushed me away 4rm ha side d only person she loved nd cared 4 was my elda brother ha first child. I spent my childhood life in lonelyness and i bcame used 2 it and uptil nw i find it strange 2 be in midst of people. At least i can rememba 4 that.
Crest-fallen...
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by wolos4real: 6:28am On Dec 12, 2012
Plenty tinx but d one I will neva forget is wen she sold her pan which is meant to lay on her house for me all cos I wanted to liv Nigeria.mama mi u will liv long and reap all wat u av labour for.AMEN

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by dmcdad: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2012
wolos4real: Plenty tinx but d one I will neva forget is wen she sold her pan which is meant to lay on her house for me all cos I wanted to liv Nigeria.mama mi u will liv long and reap all wat u av labour for.AMEN
Amen to that..
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 12, 2012
Amari: Nobody has ever believed in me as much as my mother,i dont even believe in myself as much as she does! I thank God that she is still alive
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2012
Lady George :
Many have great things 2 tell about their mothers, mine pushed me away 4rm ha side d only person she loved nd cared 4 was my elda brother ha first child. I spent my childhood life in lonelyness and i bcame used 2 it and uptil nw i find it strange 2 be in midst of people. At least i can rememba 4 that.
Awww I'm so sorry to read that cry
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by salt1: 6:51am On Dec 12, 2012
She always knows when I am in trouble. I don't ever need to call her to tell her. The affinity is that strong.
But it hasn't always been this good. Teenage was tumultous with naggings and suspicions and misunderstandings but as I entered adulthood, I came to appreciate that she meant well. Early widowhood was taking its toll on her.
Glad that she's alive for me to show her love!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:59am On Dec 12, 2012
Lady George :
Hmmmm.. I feel ur pain! It is well... sad
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 12, 2012
I could keep typing for eternity , I tell you. So I'd just summarise in one word, MY MOMMY IS SIMPLY EVERY GOOD THING TO ME IN THIS WORLD EXCEPT BEING MY GOD. BUT SHE'S AN IDOLE SORT OF. I love my mom to death. I'm glad she's still very much alive, healthy and serving God with her whole self.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by blackwood(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2012
olivegirl: . @ 26 dad still buy me pants, dad I missed u well.
Is he not just wonderful? Dads are the greatest
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by mdshow01: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2012
4 ha caring, loving, kind gesture most importantly gave birth 2 me
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Diedara(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2012
For making mi believe that their won't bi any Breast zweeter, healthier and more zatizfaying than hers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Maid Has Taken Over My Matrimonial Home / / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.