Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,373 members, 7,932,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:13 AM

What Would You Remember Your Father For? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (8487 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Daughter Kills Father For Molesting Her / What Will You Remember Your Mother For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Soulcaine(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Nothing much. Wasnt arnd for long, so i did not know him much.

Only hear says but i''m accused of being as gentle as him. I only recall that he never hit me and he was always travelling.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by tonte(m): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
As Mr abi Dr. 'I know it all'
As Dr my perfection is close to God
As Dr I personally hear directly from God
As Dr my children should suffer even tho I have some millions to my name
The list is fucking endless.....
He is fast becoming a grumpy old man, who I really can't point any fond memories of, although he isn't a wicked man sha n
But he just likes 2 believe he is tougher than Hitler,Abacha,IBB all put in one person
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Bsmartt(m): 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
i can never forget him because he lead us to the right path.may almighty GOD continue to bless him.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by analar(f): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
he z 4eva gona rmain ma Dearest Dad!
His Discipline
Managing Finance!
his Pride,
Fear of God!
his Commitmnt,
Read Ur buks
his Care,
storytellin,
Trekin discipline...
his Integrity,
honesty,
he doesnt drink or womanizez!
Innovativenes!
his Spirituality...n Walk Wit God
his prayas 4 me!
he reali imparted enof Values into Ma live...
even though he had His Flawz...n could b Frustrating!
Wish i could go on typin!....
Nw...bac home as a graduate!....
Cold Death stole him frm moi...
Adeiu papa.....u alwz b d Best Dad...u wre...n,..alwz wil b In ma Heart!...
Ur Legacy Lives on...
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Alaanyihaji(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
sunnshyn: My Dad's still alive and by God's grace he'll be there to walk me down d aisle and cuddle his grand kids.

I'll remember my dad for his extremely gentle/quiet ways! He never ever raises he's voice, but when he speaks it sinks! He leaves the shoutings & spankings for my mom who (un)fortunately holds a phD in that department.

I'll also remember him for the way he treats my mom, with profound kindness and gentleness and thoughtfulness. He is my prototype of a partner.

Yes again, Baami loves to smell well. You can tell Baami's around from his smell. I never forget his famous Pheromone cologne those days, till I introduced him to Paco Rabanne Black XS...aww, that's what he still wears till date!! Ehn ehn! I must say this o, Baami is also famous for his pidgin english. I don't think iv ever heard Baami spoke a sentence of clear english o.. He speaks to us in pidgin, we reply in clear english...Lol.

God bless my Baami, ka chukwu bi n'igwe continually shower you with good health in body, mind and soul, Amen!!
Just like mine, alife and well to the glory of God.
I love my dad dearly and everyone in my family knows. But I never knew he also loved me much till two occasions he intervened in my life
challenges.
A day before the day we went to pay my wife's dowry, my dad called me and asked how are we going?
As a young company employee,I presented my budget and plan to tell my inlaws that igbos don't finish marrying wife in one day;
following my inability to cover everything in the Owerri traditional marriage list.
My dad went into his room and brought out the complete sum covering the two list(one for father and the 2nd for mother)
and said, ''I have kept this to assist u in the payment of the
school fees of ua junior ones, but nothing is more important than the new child that is about to come into our house''-I never knew he had a penny.
The second time was when i had a challenge with my work and struggling to start a new line of business.
Daddymi sent for me and gave me a bunch of cash that was like a million to me considering my financial state at the time.
And said ''my cow gave birth,and instead of keeping it with a local shepherd, I sold it for u to put into whichever business you are doing
or pay ua childrens' school fees, whichever is most needful now''
Apart from these display of salutory interventions, I will always remember my dad's principle of patience and forgiveness.
He believes that whoever is cheated in life will outlive, defeat or win the person who is cheating him.
While I was leaving our house to the city of Lagos after my youth service in January 1988, my father told me,''Remember the son of whom you are,
and don't ever be in a hurry to become rich''.I never understood the impact of this advise until i made my first mistake in the city in pursuit of cash.
My dad's words are indelible and his cordial and friendly exchanges with my mom ever reigns in my own home to date.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Kgdavid(m): 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
to summarize everything i want to say, my dad is who i measure my manhood by. in everything i do i check to see if i am living up to or surpassing the legacy he has laid. he is a man not just respected at home but very well respected and looked up to in the community. there are many young many outside of our home who count him as a father, all of whom are way senior to me. Whatis a man?

1. a provider
2. a guardian
3. a care giver

my father? the epitome of all these.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Chiemekaorizu(m): 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
Words can't express how I value &love my dad.my dad was the person that taught me how to read something. My dad could go hungry just to see&my make sure he gives you the best life that you could ever wish for in life.daddy I love u so much.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
Never really got to spend much time with him,he was living abroad and was living good,until he came back to Naija.... ..he never got the chance to travel back,death did it's job,I was only 13 then,never even met my step-sisters
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by sirugos(m): 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2012
My dad and my God made me what i am 2day. RIP daddy
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by pixblogger: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Chiemeka orizu: Words can't express how I value &love my dad.my dad was the person that taught me how to read something. My dad could go hungry just to see&my make sure he gives you the best life that you could ever wish for in life.daddy I love u so much.
Your dad must be a very good dad for teaching you how to read and leaving the writing aspect!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by pixblogger: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
I wonder what the Children of all this our politicians will say
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by kinguwem: 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
My dad was a very industrious, humorous, courageous, hospitable & social gentleman. He loved education & community service.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by ignis: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Horayce: For being the most boring unimaginative person I ever met.
Can I remind you that you are talking about your father?
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by goody06(f): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
Strict and caring
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by ignis: 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
My father is very principled and grumpy.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by phaya(f): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
My dad was the best. I miss him sad
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Teejayphillip(m): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hmmmmmm... Lost mine when i waz 4yrs+...

He was d best man ave eva heard off... With d little i knew abt him den,coupled wit the one's my mum n siblings told me abt him....

His alwayz tellin us 2 b whu we wanna b, and alzo 2 remember the son of whom i am... He waz a motivational father..

Sumtimes i alwayz wish I CULD DANCE WIF HIM ONCE AGAIN embarassed embarassed.... Bur death waz tu cruel 2 ave taken him away @ his young age,even dough he waz d benefactor for his entire family...

Miss u plenry much dad...
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by youngboss1(m): 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
Chedarking: My dad would kill or die for his kids.

And I know I would willingly kill and/or die for him.

My dad is my Hero in every sense of the word.

Love you Dad!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by othenok(f): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
My Dad is the kindest person i ve ever met in my life. He love for the poor is truely extra ordinary. Remember my mum always complaining that it was of no use buying clothes or shoes as a gift for him cos by next month you would find it on a begger.
He taught us never to place importance to any material thing cos it never lasts. He nevers beats but would talk/advise you to tears n remorse. No wonder as teenagers we prefered Mum's whipping to his preaching.Daddy loves reading! His room then is a mini library. Although he only finished Pry school, he is a voracious reader with very high I.Q.
My Daddy Darling only gets very cross when we are late for family prayer, which is an early morning and night stuff. Miss prayer n get ready for talk. I really love that man, my Daddy Darling.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
My dad is so wonderful. I miss him a lot for his uprithness and never say die spirit. Up to the point of his transition to glory, he still ensures that we don't settle for less. His love, the days of struggle... Infact I can't finish.
Dad I miss you a lot.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by b03liberty(m): 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
i thank God for my dad.,he bought life for me through his good deed to people.,appreciate u sir.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by cyrielo(m): 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
Wish I could say the same
Chedarking: My dad would kill or die for his kids.

And I know I would willingly kill and/or die for him.

My dad is my Hero in every sense of the word.

Love you Dad!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by honeric01(m): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2012
The greatest workaholic ever who never slacked in his duties as a father. too bad he wasn't around to reap from his sweats.

When you talk of a honest man, he was one. RIP, time sha. sad
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by Ofejiro20: 12:16am On Dec 13, 2012
My dad is the best dad one can ever have with generosity,kind hearted and he taught me what it takes to be a MAN.Even in hard times,he still will offer the greatest legallcy EDUCATION.Luv u dad!!!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by ignis: 2:29am On Dec 13, 2012
Crying and weeping at some posts here.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by brut(f): 3:16am On Dec 13, 2012
My dad was disciplined,hardworking,a peaceful man,extremely intelligent,had the fear of God,impartial,generous n many more...May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by bizlifelines(m): 4:18am On Dec 13, 2012
babami is a kind wise man.in all he does,he made sure the home is a place we can always run to even if the whole world rejects you.He keeps harping on unity,contentment and Godliness.He is our biggest fan,insists on good dressing and teamwork unlike my mum who will tie your meal to your proficiency in house chores because the house is a boys' house.I remember all the 'fabu' he told me while growing up,imagine my dad 'scoping' me that if I ever tell a lie,I will turn into olosha(armed robber) and then die shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin just on top one missing piece of meat i did not remember stealing from maami's pot of soup.(maami can complain about missing pieces of meat,in fact I use to think if she was in my father's house to audit meat.)He is so generous to a fault and I remember till this day ,the day he was close to tears because he was scared that his financial downturn during IBB's austerity measure was going to stop our education,but thank God,things later turned around and thank God we all became graduates and professionals in our chosen fields of medicine,accountancy,pharmacy and HSE.I take time to visit both my parents and spend quality time with them.That reminds me,its been a month I did so,I will try see him this saturday so I can drink from his fountain of knowledge once again.I adore him. I believe when God created parents,he gave me and my siblings the best!!
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by GboyegaD(m): 6:15am On Dec 13, 2012
He was a kind, loving and caring father, who gave me that which the world could never give me even in a million decades to come. He built me up a man of my words, gave me confidence to walk heads high irrespective of whatever the world and life intends throwing at me because I am the only who can determine the extent to which it affects me. I had some issues with him and we often times had our quarrels though, but each time I reminisce about my life, I am only but grateful to God for giving me such a wonderful father.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by brownlolly(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2012
I lost my father in October after a yr old battle with Stroke that left the whole right side of his body paralyzed. He was 72 yrs old. Before I was 16, I wished my father could just just fall and die. We weren't so close. Now I'm 23, I know better. He never bought us gifts or took us out, but he paid in excess when it came to our education. To him, our education was more important than anything else. Before he fell sick, he used to come to our rooms to greet us. After greetings, the next thing he used to ask was, "What are you going to eat?"... He wasn't a successful husband (married twice and divorced twice), but he was a loving father. My mom left in 1995 and he never married another woman. He took care of us 3kids and now we're all done with university. I was reading his condolence register and I saw many wonderful things people wrote about him. I believe what i read because they all wrote almost the same thing. He was humble, generous, honest (he was an external auditor and I KNOW my father never took a bribe), easy-going...we had arguments and he always let us express ourselves. I love body art and my father didn't have a problem with that, because he knew the kind of kids he had. He allowed us choose whatever career path we wanted for ourselves. I wanted to be a pilot...he supported me, I changed to Law, Accountancy, Economics, and finally Psychology...he let me discover myself without pushing me. He was a wonderful father. He was totally amazing. I miss him so much.
RIP Dad

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by remmydada(m): 8:07am On Dec 13, 2012
For me i dont think i remember my dad for any thing other than how he sent me and my mum and siblings parking when he meet another woman (ADUKE) im over 40 now and he died almost 20 yrs ago, i want to be a better father to my kids, but one good lesson i learnt from him is never to look at any other woman once u are married perhaps he will still be around if he didnt married another woman
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by stantob(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2012
The sound of the organ that wakes us up early morning for prayers.
The ironing of my school uniform with a heavy warning not to stain them.
The cow tails and goat heads he brought home every weekend.
His advice "Never give up"
Many things to remember the man for.
Re: What Would You Remember Your Father For? by wisestfool: 8:40am On Dec 13, 2012
Love

Everlasting one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This A True Sign Of Cheating? / Would You Pay Bribe For Your Child To Pass Exams? / DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: The Negative Effects On A Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.