Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,987 members, 7,927,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 05:57 AM

Earnings From Bank Interests:How Does a Muslim Spend It? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Earnings From Bank Interests:How Does a Muslim Spend It? (694 Views)

How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / Islam: How Does One Deal With A Disobedient Wife? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earnings From Bank Interests:How Does a Muslim Spend It? by ossyme(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
I read some articles on the above topic and am willing to share it with the rest of us. The articles originally in Arabic will be translated by me though at my own pace.
Feel free to share your thoughts and views but note that this one topic has been discussed at conferences well attended by Eminent Islamic scholars from all over the islamic world.
There is no disagreement on the fact that these interests are haram ...but the question is where it is earned by a muslim ,,,,,,, how do you spend it?
Re: Earnings From Bank Interests:How Does a Muslim Spend It? by ossyme(m): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
هل يجوز أن ينفق المال الذي يكسب من الحرام كتجارة الخمر والربا والمال المسروق إلى طرق خيرية وأن يعطى للمسلمين؟ نرجو أن تبينوا لنا هذه المسألة بالدليل من القرآن والسنة والإجماع.. نسأل الله لنا ولكم العافية في الدنيا والآخرة؟
بسم الله، والحمد لله، والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله، وبعد..
المال الذي يأخذه الإنسان من طريق حرام لا يملك شرعًا، وليس بطيب ولا يجوز للإنسان أن يأخذه.
هذا أولاً، وهذا مما أجمع عليه المسلمون، وأما إنفاقه في طرق الخير فلا يجوز كذلك، والنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول: إن الله طيب لا يقبل إلا طيبًا وإن الله أمر المؤمنين بما أمر به المرسلين، فقال: {يا أيها الرسل كلوا من الطيبات واعملوا صالحا} الحديث كما جاء في الصحيح.
ومن لا يملك المال الحلال لا يكلف بالإنفاق حتى ولا بالزكاة؛ لأنه لا يملك ما يزكى منه، وقس على ذلك بقية التطوعات.
أما من وقع له مال حرام وعرف أصحابه فيجب عليه أن يرده إليهم، ويستغفر ويتوب، وأما إن كان لا يعرفهم فيتخلص منه بأن يعطيه إلى أناس حلت لهم الميتة، أي بأن يكونوا فقراء معدمين لا يجدون شيئًا. وثواب هذا المال يكون لأصحابه الحقيقيين وليس لمن أخذه بطريق غير مشروع. ويتوب إلى الله تعالى ويستغفره ومن تاب، تاب الله عليه.
وفي القرآن الكريم: (ليميز الله الخبيث من الطيب ويجعل الخبيث بعضه على بعض فيركمه جميعًا فيجعله في جهنم). ولا يدخل الجنة شيء من خبث، والحرام خبيث ولا مكان له في القبول أو في الجنان، والله أعلم.
Re: Earnings From Bank Interests:How Does a Muslim Spend It? by ossyme(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
Question:Is it permissible to spend money derived from 'HARAM' prohibited means e.g trading in alcohol,bank interest,stolen funds in the course of charity and donations to muslims.

Answer by DR. Faarooq Hammaadah, a professor of the faculty of arts at Muhammad Khaamis University, Ribat:
In the name of Allah,The Merciful,The Gracious.
May His peace and blessings be upon the Messenger OF Allah.
Any money earned through a prohibited means is not regarded as a possession under islamic law.It is not pure and should not be possessed.
This is also agreed upon by all muslims.Also,spending this money for noble deeds is prohibited.The Prophet (SAW):Surely Allah is pure and will not accept except that which is pure.Allah commanded the believers same way he commanded the messengers: Oh Messengers!Eat from the pure and do noble acts(Saheeh). Anyone who does not possess legitimate wealth is not mandated to spend, not even for Zakat. The logic applies to other voluntary acts.Anyone who comes across an illegitimate wealth,knows the original owner, should return same to the owner ,seeks Allah's forgiveness and repents.If he does not know the original owner, he should free himself from it by giving it to people who are permitted to consume dead animals i.e indigents who lack any means of survival.The reward will be for those who are the real owners and not the person who earns (takes possession of) it illegitimately.He should repent to Allah and seeks his forgiveness as Allah accepts repentance. Allah says in the QUR'AN:So Allah will differentiate THE FILTHY FROM THE PURE AND gather all the filthy altogether into hell fire)

1 Like

Re: Earnings From Bank Interests:How Does a Muslim Spend It? by BetaThings: 8:50am On Dec 13, 2012
ossyme: Question:Is it permissible to spend money derived from 'HARAM' prohibited means e.g trading in alcohol,bank interest,[b]stolen funds [/b]in the course of charity and donations to muslims.

Answer by DR. Faarooq Hammaadah, a professor of the faculty of arts at Muhammad Khaamis University, Ribat:
In the name of Allah,The Merciful,The Gracious.
May His peace and blessings be upon the Messenger OF Allah.
Any money earned through a prohibited means is not regarded as a possession under islamic law.It is not pure and should not be possessed.
This is also agreed upon by all muslims.Also,spending this money for noble deeds is prohibited.The Prophet (SAW):Surely Allah is pure and will not accept except that which is pure.Allah commanded the believers same way he commanded the messengers: Oh Messengers!Eat from the pure and do noble acts(Saheeh). Anyone who does not possess legitimate wealth is not mandated to spend, not even for Zakat. The logic applies to other voluntary acts.Anyone who comes across an illegitimate wealth,knows the original owner, should return same to the owner ,seeks Allah's forgiveness and repents.If he does not know the original owner, he should free himself from it by giving it to people who are permitted to consume dead animals i.e indigents who lack any means of survival.The reward will be for those who are the real owners and not the person who earns (takes possession of) it illegitimately.He should repent to Allah and seeks his forgiveness as Allah accepts repentance. Allah says in the QUR'AN:So Allah will differentiate THE FILTHY FROM THE PURE AND gather all the filthy altogether into hell fire)
I have issues with the part in bold type
If anybody steals fund belonging to another (I am not talking about finding something that somebody lost) he should return it fortwith. Why steal money and then give it to indigents? We are not Robin Hood
Trading in alcohol is cursed. Indeed 10 people are cursed in relation to alcohol production and trading. I cannot understand why anyone will do a business that is cursed only to give the proceeds to indigents

I can understand the fact that someone may not be able to avoid interest - some current accounts pay interest - because one cannot avoid the banking system.
But I don't understand the other two sources

Allaah knows best

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism Is To Jihad As Adultery Is To Marriage / Nigeria Records 19 Mortality, 7 Psychiatric Cases In 2014 Hajj Exercise / The Battle Between Us And Shaytan Never Ends, Not Untill We Die.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.