Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,342 members, 7,978,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:59 PM

Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. (1253 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by chakula: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
INCEST : "Sexual intercourse between two persons who are too closely related." (New Collins Dictionary). For example,
between father and daughter, son and mother, father-in-law and daughter-in-law, brother and sister, etc.

(a) "That night they (both the daughters of Lot) gave him (their father Lot) wine to drink, and the older daughter had
INTERCOURSE with him ...

"The next day the older daughter said to her sister, l slept with him last night: now let's get him drunk again tonight, and you sleep with him. Then each of us will have a child by our father. "So that night they got him drunk, and the younger daughter had INTERCOURSE with him ...

"In this way both of Lot's daughters became PREGNANT by their father." GENESIS 19:33-35 (From the "Good News Bible in Today's English"wink.

In the older Versions, like the King James and the Roman Catholic Versions, "SEXUAL INTERCOURSE" is vaguely described as
"COLLECTING THE SEED OF OUR FATHER."

I am not a bible schoolar that is why I don't understand the full meaning of this verse. Kindly pastors should help me out.
Re: Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by chakula: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
undecided undecided I can see moderators are really doing their job here. Why changing some words originally posted by me? No problem all I want is concrete explanation that can help me to understand the verse well. grin
Re: Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by Princess1982(f): 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
Im no bible scholar nor am I a pastor but from my understanding both daughters became pregnant. However if your wondering if this was acceptable by God then ask your self this. Would the daughters really have to get their father drunk if this was a act acceptable by God? Would the daughters had to have conspire amongst themselves if this was acceptable by God? Why wouldn't they just go to their father while he had a clear head and say I want a child? So Im thinking this is wrong in the eyes of God. Also the bible condemn sex before marriage and I can't remember Lot being married to any of his daughters.
Re: Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by Goshen360(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Here is the answer to this thread, Inbreeding.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break. - Romans 5:13

We call it inbreeding today a sin because it later became a law that if broken, it is a sin.

2 Likes

Re: Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by trafters: 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Goshen360: Here is the answer to this thread, Inbreeding.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break. - Romans 5:13

We call it inbreeding today a sin because it later became a law that if broken, it is a sin.
At what point was the Law given? If what people did before the law was not sin why then was sodom and gomorah destroyed?
Re: Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by Goshen360(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
You didn't read the scriptural verse very well and if you did, "maybe" you didn't understand or you understood but overlooked the point. This is the point again,

"Yes, people sinned even before the law was given"

The latter part says,

"But it was not counted as sin..."

Do you understand it now
Re: Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by jamil2(m): 5:33am On Dec 13, 2012
Goshen360: You didn't read the scriptural verse very well and if you did, "maybe" you didn't understand or you understood but overlooked the point. This is the point again,

"Yes, people sinned even before the law was given"

The latter part says,

"But it was not counted as sin..."

Do you understand it now
Agree, but why God choose to inform people on what they have no knowledge on it and He is aware such thing is not be fair to be found in holy book?
Re: Incest In God's Book? Between A Father And His Daughter. by honeychild(f): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2012
jamil!:
Agree, but why God choose to inform people on what they have no knowledge on it and He is aware such thing is not be fair to be found in holy book?
Why should such a thing not be found in a holy book? In fact the mere fact that It Is In there Is to me proof of the fact that the BIble Is InspIred. God Is no respecter of persons. When anyone mIsbehaves It Is not hidden - It is openly exposed. Whereas the normal human inclination would have been to hide it.
The bible is an accurate history of God's dealings with humans from creation. So thIngs that happened, good and bad, were relevant and recorded. I am sure no one read that the daughters of Lot were Instructed to do so by an angel or by God. The Bible says that the things contained therein were written for our instruction.
We can learn from Bad examples as well as good ones.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye To Hold Special Prayer Session For Pregnant Women / Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? / Which Church In Nigeria Do U Think Has D Highest Attendants????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.