Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,695 members, 7,889,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:49 AM

Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing (700 Views)

What I Went Through For Believing We Could Defeat PDP – TINUBU / Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by TRUTHTELA: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2012
To those that have little minds or have been debased because of too many years of NEPA's darkness. You can't keep settling for less. Demand more from your government. It's your RIGHT ( SOCIAL CONTRACT),not a favor to have basic amenities.

I live within this zip code 55116 and the city ( equivalent of local government in Nigeria), started this house, FOR LOW INCOME EARNERS ( POOR PEOPLE) in 2012 and they finished it in 2012, what more can one ask from his/her government? A government that has something for the RICH/POOR. If you don't make up to certain thousands of dollars in a year, you're qualified to live here. GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE IN ACTION!

Some of the amenities in this house can only be found in some houses around Ikoyi,lekki, v'i, Asokoro, maitama,etc.

Stop celebrating rogues that impoverished you & become billionaires at the expense of you & your generations unborn

Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by TRUTHTELA: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2012
Addendum

Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2012
Suffer dey Africa paparampa

We dey suffer paparampa

Condition dey paparampa

Me i know say u be african man

And u dey suffer paparampa

Which condition u dey i no no

The condition me i dey me i know

My condition don reach Make i act.

Nigeria get money

Plenty money for oversea

Na part of our money in oversea dem take develop those houses you pasted up there.

If you think i dey lie make una ask James Ibori, Alamieseiya and dem other cabals...........
Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by Gbawe: 11:01am On Dec 13, 2012
Th main problem with Nigeria is that too much of our National income is used to maintain hideous opulence for a few connected to governance. It is only when we gain a genuinely reform-minded President, able to build from the ground up and lead by example, that things will change for the better.
Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by TRUTHTELA: 11:08am On Dec 13, 2012
^^^ There's a word called LEGACY. This president can't do nothing. Someone has to build ( LEAVE A GOOD LEGACY ) for him, then he can build on something. Not people like Obasanjo, that left STEALING, CRIMINAL & ALL MANNER OF EVIL LEGACIES for weaklings to follow. Failure begets FAILURE.
Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by Gbawe: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2012
TRUTHTELA: ^^^ There's a word called LEGACY. This president can't do nothing. Someone has to build ( LEAVE A GOOD LEGACY ) for him, then he can build on something. Not people like Obasanjo, that left STEALING, CRIMINAL & ALL MANNER OF EVIL LEGACIES for weaklings to follow. Failure begets FAILURE.

The mistake you make is to think some are concerned about leaving a legacy. If you go and make a man who was a credit card fraudster in the UK (Ibori) Governor of a Nigerian State, what legacy do you think such a chap will be concerned with?

If, on the other hand, we seek intelligent, proven performers with good names and reputations to protect, then we can expect them to naturally consider a good legacy as important.

You say the President "can't do nothing" because someone has to "leave a good legacy" for him. That is outright fallacy. No one owes GEJ any legacy over a job he deliberately hankered to get knowing the challenges. I can list several genuinely transformational things GEJ has total discretion to initiate yet he shuns. It is thus pointless to keep mentioning OBJ, Tinubu, Buhari et al every time the glaring failure of the current government is mooted.

I don't want to believe you are saying GEJ is failing because other did not leave him the greatest conditions on the ground to work with. In saner climes, it is generally accepted you should not accept a job or 'rescue mission', when fully aware of the challenges, if you are incapable of tackling the specifically known and identified problems effectively.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by kunlekunle: 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
Gbawe:

The mistake you make is to think some are concerned about leaving a legacy. If you go and make a man who was a credit card fraudster in the UK (Ibori) Governor of a Nigerian State, what legacy do you think such a chap will be concerned with?

If, on the other hand, we seek intelligent, proven performers with good names and reputations to protect, then we can expect them to naturally consider a good legacy as important.

You say the President "can't do nothing" because someone has to "leave a good legacy" for him. That is outright fallacy. No one owes GEJ any legacy over a job he deliberately hankered to get knowing the challenges. I can list several genuinely transformational things GEJ has total discretion to initiate yet he shuns. It is thus pointless to keep mentioning OBJ, Tinubu, Buhari et al every time the glaring failure of the current government is mooted.

I don't want to believe you are saying GEJ is failing because other did not leave him the greatest conditions on the ground to work with. In saner climes, it is generally accepted you should not accept a job or 'rescue mission', when fully aware of the challenges, if you are incapable of tackling the specifically known and identified problems effectively.

so much agree with you on this write.
His agenda was derailed cos it was too tribalistic, now blaming OBJ that granted him free and easy ride.
if he took over in 1999 i bet you we'll have a different dtory mow.
Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
I hail the Egyptians..if they want change, they want it now
Re: Where Is The Nigerian Government??? Seeing is believing by danjohn: 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
Gbawe:

Gbawe, you just killed an ant with a sledge hammer. TRUTHTELA's argument was too weak and baseless.

(1) (Reply)

Itsekiri Chief Rejects Uduaghan's Gifts | Accuses Him Of Poor Performance / Sokoto Remains The Poorest State With 81.2% Poverty Rate. / "Whoever Wins ,I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm"-OBASANJO Prt1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.