Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,097 members, 7,987,864 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11771165 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (8350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/10/us-crude-oil-prices-drop-over-2-percent-as-market-loses-faith-in-rebound.html

Oil prices fell for a sixth session to trade at almost 12-year lows on Monday as slowing growth in China rattled investors' hopes for demand this year and traders increased bets against any near-term recovery.

Brent crude futures were down by 38 cents at $33.17 a barrel by 8:26 a.m. EDT (1326 GMT), while U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude was down 14 cents at $33.02 per barrel.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ceeteed(m): 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
Good day all to the gurus,up and comings, and newbies of the house.

I have diligently being following and enjoying the NSEMPA divergence of opinions, perspectives, position, permutations, posture, practice, principle, system,standing, contributions, that generate - heating up,cooling down, on point, off point, sideline, on line, on target, off target,teeth shining, teeth baring, not good, so good, and very good ...........etc reactions and receptions.

All put together forms a veritable mine of information for truly discerning mind to gain in wisdom, understanding and ready to apply planting experience that is invaluable to profitable trading and harvest.

This shout out is to specially appreciate you all (our ogas/aunties) for the past,present and future invaluable value added to us and the opportunity afforded us in your various unique and special ways to tap from your wealth of productive and profitable experience and so altruistically freely at that. Thank you.

2016 and Beyond Will bring Our Harvests in both bull and bear markets by the Grace of God.

Happy Productive, Strategic and Profitable Trading $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
gbolah4real:

I tot you concluded it was heading to 2.70 and why so optimistic about Transcorp?
because all banks shares are dropping down! on till I hear a better news from cbn I can consider uba but for now I prefer transcorp grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
ceeteed:

I have diligently being following and enjoying the NSEMPA divergence of opinions, perspectives, position, permutations, posture, practice, principle, system,standing, contributions, that generate - heating up,cooling down, on point, off point, sideline, on line, on target, off target,teeth shining, teeth baring, not good, so good, and very good ...........etc reactions and receptions.

All put together forms a veritable mine of information for truly discerning mind to gain in wisdom, understanding and ready to apply planting experience that is invaluable to profitable trading and harvest.

This shout out is to specially appreciate you all (our ogas/aunties) for the past,present and future invaluable value added to us and the opportunity afforded us in your various unique and special ways to tap from your wealth of productive and profitable experience and so altruistically freely at that. Thank you.

2016 and Beyond Will bring Our Harvests in both bull and bear markets by the Grace of God.

wetin this one dey talk self
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
I said this earlier all the discerning investors should keep off the market and be patience, forget all the buy buy analysis for now.

Just keep Sharpening your cutlasses bcuz 20000 ASI is not far-fetched.

Then we are going to rape NSE big time this year. grin

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
oh yes o.how many of you are currently trapped in any of the stocks as you wan do JIJO?raise your hands up well well.ok........i can see 1,2,3,4..............10............20 ah! almost everyone here.chai......i tell una to wait till february ending but una no gree.now see your portfolios don carry hair cuts one by one.

heheheeeeee! i see blood thru out this week.i am seriously waiting to buy mine @ bottom out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Transcorp and oando is on my NOT to buy list this year. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
PROPHECY:
Sometime in March, I am going to make a post here on this thread on how I made about 50% profit on some stocks I bought in January. Watch this space. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
Born2berich:
Transcorp and oando is on my NOT to buy list this year. smiley

Brother,the fact is not all about NOT to buy list but extremely patience to buy at bottom out.Those two stocks you mentioned can give you returns more than every other stocks at NSE.patience......patience........patience..............bottom out .......bottom out ........bottom out.........accumulation......accumulation........accumulation will give you positive result(gain)

JIJO JIJO JIJO.........bull........hot money

JIJO JIJO JIJO..........bears............too much hair cut.

vuuuuuuuuuuum............vuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm..............see you next month when una don carry brush head,punk,low cut one by one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
locodemy:
oh yes o.how many of you are currently trapped in any of the stocks as you wan do JIJO?raise your hands up well well.ok........i can see 1,2,3,4..............10............20 ah! almost everyone here.chai......i tell una to wait till february ending but una no gree.now see your portfolios don carry hair cuts one by one.

heheheeeeee! i see blood thru out this week.i am seriously waiting to buy mine @ bottom out.

My trading strategy is synonymous with patience, and too strong I can HARDLY get trapped except I disobey it. So I am still on d sidelines with my cutlass. Although we keep learning on the NSE, I can confidently say that, 2 yrs and a couple hundreds of thousands lost were enough lessons on patience and consistency!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
Coolcash1:
Okomu oil na hit mehn...I am happy seeing my investment growing.. Planning to exit next weekgrin

Finally exited at 30% margin today. JIJO almost turned sour...being locked in since October...Moving on to the next one...

I must buy my Gwagon this year se...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
See Betaglass silently making men riiiiiiiiich!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
O boy see as thread be like grave yard. NSE na waoh! E be like say the thing don burn men them hand. No too much noise. All man don park one corner dey nurse wound!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
9free:
Na 50k I dey target. Making money this year
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
mercylicious:

Its fluctuating between 2.96 and 2.98
how is your farm? .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
CBN stops forex sale to BDCs

http://www.proshareng.com/news/Forex/Effective-immediately-CBVN-stops-sales-of-Fx-to-BDCs-Allows-Nigerians-lodge-Forex/29753

Quote: "In total disregard of the difficulties that the Bank is facing in meeting its mandate of “maintaining the country’s foreign exchange reserves to safeguard the value of the Naira”, we have continued to observe that stakeholders in some of the subsectors have not been helpful in this direction. In particular, we have noted with grave concern that Bureau de Change (BDC) operators have abandoned the original objective of their establishment, which was to serve retail end users who need US$5,000 or less. Instead, they have become wholesale dealers in foreign exchange to the tune of millions of dollars per transaction. Thereafter, they use fake documentations like passport numbers, BVNs, boarding passes, and flight tickets to render weekly returns to the CBN..."

Despite the fact that Nigeria is the only country in the world where the Central Bank sells dollars directly to BDCs, operators in this segment have not reciprocated the Bank’s gesture to help maintain stability in the market. Whereas the Bank has continued to sell US Dollars at about N197 per dollar to these operators, they have in turned become greedy in their sales to ordinary Nigerians, with selling rates of as high as N250 per dollar. Given this rent-seeking behaviour, it is not surprising that since the CBN began to sell foreign exchange to BDCs, the number of operators have risen from a mere 74 in 2005 to 2,786 BDCs today. In addition, the CBN receives close to 150 new applications for BDC licenses every month.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/cbn-stops-forex-sale-to-bdcs/128327.html

Better to be late than never. Very good...

CBN lifts restriction on forex deposit

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/cbn-lifts-restriction-on-forex-deposit/128313.html

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
ceeteed:

Amen O, to your prayer......and may your oratory help us seduce the bulls.......... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/11/us-markets.html?__source=newsletter|breakingnews

U.S stocks traded lower Monday, struggling to stabilize after posting their worst week since 2011, as declines in commodity prices weighed.

U.S. crude oil briefly fell 6.5 percent to dip below $31 a barrel. Brent also fell below $32 a barrel to trade near 12-year lows.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
PETERiCHY:
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/11/us-markets.html?__source=newsletter|breakingnews

U.S stocks traded lower Monday, struggling to stabilize after posting their worst week since 2011, as declines in commodity prices weighed.

U.S. crude oil briefly fell 6.5 percent to dip below $31 a barrel. Brent also fell below $32 a barrel to trade near 12-year lows.

Oga Peterichy, give us your stock recommendations at this state of the market grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Godisfaithful:
CBN stops forex sale to BDCs

http://www.proshareng.com/news/Forex/Effective-immediately-CBVN-stops-sales-of-Fx-to-BDCs-Allows-Nigerians-lodge-Forex/29753

Quote: "In total disregard of the difficulties that the Bank is facing in meeting its mandate of “maintaining the country’s foreign exchange reserves to safeguard the value of the Naira”, we have continued to observe that stakeholders in some of the subsectors have not been helpful in this direction. In particular, we have noted with grave concern that Bureau de Change (BDC) operators have abandoned the original objective of their establishment, which was to serve retail end users who need US$5,000 or less. Instead, they have become wholesale dealers in foreign exchange to the tune of millions of dollars per transaction. Thereafter, they use fake documentations like passport numbers, BVNs, boarding passes, and flight tickets to render weekly returns to the CBN..."

Despite the fact that Nigeria is the only country in the world where the Central Bank sells dollars directly to BDCs, operators in this segment have not reciprocated the Bank’s gesture to help maintain stability in the market. Whereas the Bank has continued to sell US Dollars at about N197 per dollar to these operators, they have in turned become greedy in their sales to ordinary Nigerians, with selling rates of as high as N250 per dollar. Given this rent-seeking behaviour, it is not surprising that since the CBN began to sell foreign exchange to BDCs, the number of operators have risen from a mere 74 in 2005 to 2,786 BDCs today. In addition, the CBN receives close to 150 new applications for BDC licenses every month.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/cbn-stops-forex-sale-to-bdcs/128327.html

Better to be late than never. Very good...

CBN lifts restriction on forex deposit

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/cbn-lifts-restriction-on-forex-deposit/128313.html

Sir PETERiCHY, How Market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
9free:

This market don punish people die.see as peterichy dey answer sir sir sir from every corner.remember if he tells you to run enter bush,better run come out of the bush o.

The best way to buy stock now is to wait till it bottoms out.Any other thing outside this............hair cut na your name.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
9free:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
UkwuAmu,this your moniker..........chai God dey see you o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mickey45: 10:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
“A stock market correction is not something to be feared. It is something to look forward to… something to be embraced, like a plumber who has come to unclog your bathroom drains. It may get messy; but what a relief it will be to have the toilet working again.”
– Brian B.
still a neophyte though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
locodemy:

This market don punish people die.see as peterichy dey answer sir sir sir from every corner.remember if he tells you to run enter bush,better run come out of the bush o.

The best way to buy stock now is to wait till it bottoms out.Any other thing outside this............hair cut na your name.
how far will the bottom out be? Anyway those buying stock now are trying, because as crude oil loss stock will also loss. Cash is king with the current Nigeria situation, except you want your 100 million naira to be reduce to 10 million naira, or 1 million naira to be reduce to 100 thousand naira.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy085: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
mickey45:

“A stock market correction is not something to be feared. It is something to look forward to… something to be embraced, like a plumber who has come to unclog your bathroom drains. It may get messy; but what a relief it will be to have the toilet working again.”
– Brian B.
still a neophyte though

I am thinking exactly the same way but not until I heard Mrs. Lagarde of IMF saying that Nigerian banks are in danger as a result of falling oil price(Vanguard newspaper) , I am considering disposing all my banking stocks even at my heavy deep cut. Things are not just going so good, that is the honest truth.

Some banks like Fcmb, Skye, sterling bank, diamond etc will be re-priced to less than 1naira stock. This is the bitter truth..

It is well,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:48am On Jan 12, 2016
Analysts welcome CBN’s review of FX market rules

http://businessdayonline.com/2016/01/analysts-welcome-cbns-review-of-fx-market-rules/

This is really a welcome news and bold step of the CBN...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 3:56am On Jan 12, 2016
ukay2:

My account officer is ONE of the main problems I have with investment one stockbroker...

Please do you have a number of one of their Oga to complain to

I have requested for a change of account officer and Nobody answered me.

Most of calls I make are being answered by The Customer Service staff...and they are protecting my account officer...

Please kindly inbox me the phone contact any Oga in investment one stockbroker i can talk to...
Thanks

Write a mail to the customer service and copy the MD, you can get this from their website. In what areas are you not enjoying their services? What types of stocks do you have in your portfolio? Which of their branches did you open your stock account. Do you have another stockbroker?

The types of stock in your portfolio, may determine how fast your stock can be converted to cash. It is also advise-able to have more than one broker, so that you can always compare their services. Always copy others whenever to write a mail to your account officer. But if after trying all these you still have cause for complaints, please transfer your stock to another stockbroker. Some stockbrokers do not like dealing with small investors because they believe they are problematic and not too profitable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Justcul:

Oga Peterichy, give us your stock recommendations at this state of the market grin

I will advice you wait but if at all there will be any euphoria due to the dollar unrestriction news then @sub N15 STANBIC is the place to be bcuz DOLLAR is their area of strength.

Sometime in 2012 they did a sort of divestment and share reconstruction from around 19billion down to 10billion Outstanding Shares been the lowest in the banking sector.

That i see as a buffer and was the rationale behind the link I post last week while some myopics were busy spilling rubbish.

http://developer.investadvocate.com.ng/2012/08/10/stanbic-ibtc-shareholders-endorse-holdco-structure-2/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2016
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stock-market-sheds-n233-billion-on-continuing-bear-run/230092/ Stock Market Sheds N233 Billion on Continuing
Bear Run
Trading floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange
The Nigerian stock market shed N233 billion on
Monday as the bears continued dominate trading,
depressing the market capitalisation to N9.1
trillion, while the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
All-Share Index declined by 2.5 per cent to close
loser at 26,350.18.
The market had dipped by 5.6 per cent in the first
week of trading this year, contrary to
expectations of a recovery. Turmoil in global
stock markets that was triggered by the near
crash of the Chinese stock market last week
made the Nigerian market to remain volatile
throughout last week.
There were expectations that giving the relative
attractive violations in the market, the market
might open on a positive note this week.
However, that was not be as the bears tightened
their grip on the market following losses by highly
capitalised stocks.
At the close of trading yesterday only six stocks
appreciated while 39 depreciated. Also, whereas
the six gainers were stocks with low market
capitalisation, bellwether stocks such as Dangote
Cement Plc, Nigerian Breweries Plc, Larfage
Africa Plc were made the losers’ chart.
However, Lafarge Africa Plc led the losers with
9.6 per cent, trailed by Unity Bank Plc and Eterna
plc, which shed 9.4 per cent and 9.0 per cent
respectively. Oando Plc, Transcorp Plc, Cement
Company of Northern Nigeria Plc and FBN
Holdings Plc went down by 6.9 per cent, 6.0 per
cent, 4.9 per cent and 4.8 per cent.
On the other hand, Ashaka Cement Plc and Total
Nigeria Plc led the price gainers with 5.0 per cent
apiece. McNichols Plc garnered 4.3 per cent,
while Learn Africa Plc, Wema Bank Plc and
African Prudential Registrars Plc appreciated by
3.6 per cent, 3.0 per cent and 1.2 per cent in that
order.
All sectoral indicators closed in the red led by the
NSE Industrial Goods Index, which dipped 6.4 per
cent on losses by Dangote Cement and Lafarge
Africa. The NSE Consumer Goods and NSE
Insurance indices fell by 1.5 per cent apiece.
While the Consumer Goods index decline was
influenced by sustained depreciation in Nigerian
Breweries Plc, AXA Mansard Index drove loss in
the Insurance index. The NSE Banking and Oil &
Gas Index went down by 0.6 per cent each.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2016
Any one heard of the word cross trade before on NSE. What does it mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (8350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nnadengram(m), Salvationone, phadriz(m), emmanuelewumi(m), dominic17, meine, megawealth01, ositadima1(m), sophy17(m), otomatic(m), Mpeace(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.