Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,884 members, 7,976,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11690240 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (8284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
9free:
I don bid tire for Tiger and up till now even a tesere unit I no get...
The same thing for oando.They no want make we follow chop small.God dey
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
http://nairametrics.com/nigerian-banks-may-be-hiding-npls-as-3-exceed-10-percent-threshold-doyin-salami/

Be careful when you are analysing bank stocks and deciding whether to buy, sell or hold as its not everyday your regulator comes out to tell you plainly that banks are basically cooking the books and lying about their Non performing loans (NPL) exposure.

Doyin Salami, an economist and member of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) the apex regulator for banks, monetary Policy committee (MPC), just dropped this bombshell in his statements following the last MPC meeting.

According to Salami:

Between 2014 and 2015:

·The number of banks with NPL ratio in excess of the 5 percent threshold rose from 3 to 8.

·Furthermore, NPL in 3 of these banks exceeded 10 percent.

·NPLs rose in 18 of the 22 buckets into which the CBN classifies Deposit Money Bank (DMB) lending.

Salami says worsening NPLs reflect a combination of external and internal factors which include: Low and volatile Oil prices; uncertainty about severe fiscal imbalance at the sub-national level of government; weak output growth; and eroding investor confidence.

He concludes with this bombshell:

“Reflecting on the nature of these threats, notwithstanding reassurance provided by Bank Staff based on the outcome of various stress and contagion tests,

I cannot help but remain concerned about the possibility of under-reporting of NPLs. The weakened ability of the CBN, represented by the structure of its balance Sheet, to deal with a recurrence of crisis in the banking sector requires heightened vigilance by Bank Staff.”
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
Wetin dey worry uba nobody won buy nobody won sell
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
@LOCO DIS MAY BAKER DOESNT LOOK LIQUID ENOF.
locodemy:

The same thing for oando
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
FCMB on full bid
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
leo1234:
FCMB on full bid

Una don dump finish?? angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Y Oando on bid?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pesuzok(m): 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fidelity on full bid 1.26
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
feelamong:

Una don dump finish?? angry

Dump what?
My average is above the selling price. I am waiting for them. I don't want to sell at lost and am afraid of buying more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
Pesuzok:
Fidelity on full bid 1.26

This one na shakara!

its going no where! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pesuzok(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
feelamong:

This one na shakara!

its going no where! grin

with 3.9m bids @1.26?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebony9ja(m): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Historically, Zenith should release result today . Bloomberg business put the day of release on March 15. They (Bloomberg) tends to be on point on issues like this . We are in a very unique period so I will advise both investors & speculators alike to tarry a bit . Yours faithfully has a 10-digit investment in this . I am already making low 7-digit paper profit @ 12.40 . It sounds good on paper but the loss is equally staggering if it goes the other way. I will take the risk and wait till they release the result . I pray/hope the first result to come out by any of the banks should be a good one. The sentiment will naturally rub on other banks especially Zenith effect on gtbank & vice versa. I wish you all a very profitable earning season!
lancee:
Zenith wan dey be stress now ..all the money grin.. if nothin today ..one will be lookin fwd to monday

Abi reducing exposure ..Fbnh don confess her own sin ..what are others hiding

That Uba still dey battle with CBN

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Apr has approximately only a week to rally but if it fails then there is more in the market that is hidden from the eye
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
You see transcop is loading....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Pesuzok:

with 3.9m bids @1.26?

36 million bids... Yesterday over 110million units were traded

Insider trading sure wallahi
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Seplat is making yours sincerely happy. I bought at 62p

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
This Oando ehh...now even me de fear myself. I hope this will go far
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
Just enjoying this year's ride
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
jp130:
@LOCO DIS MAY BAKER DOESNT LOOK LIQUID ENOF.
Dont worry.it will find its way at the appropriate time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
happy g making
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
what's wrong with UBA result
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
I think most of the results are ready .. they re waiting for who to come first to drop the bombshell
chai grin ..Access bank no even say nothing as well

Money must come
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
hahaaaa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
lancee:
I think most of the results are ready .. they re waiting for who to come first to drop the bombshell
chai grin ..Access bank no even say nothing as well

Money must come

You are so funny... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Still no RESULTS Who is refreshing that NSE page with me?... undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
2:24 6minutes to go. market is packing this week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Intendy:
Apr has approximately only a week to rally but if it fails then there is more in the market that is hidden from the eye

At least one is sure of 43 Kobo dividend payment alert by April grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
DeRuggedProf:
Still no RESULTS Who is refreshing that NSE page with me?... undecided
you are so funny

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
These results, even if they are going to be released in 2020 , I will not sell one unit. Lets see who blinks first. No regrets again this year.
JIM OVIA, Elumelu, Wigwe, Balogun etc...I give you till 2020.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
Have a feeling is either u chop dividends or you sell to get lil cap appreciation this yr
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
DeRuggedProf:
These results, even if they are going to be released in 2020 , I will not sell one unit. Lets see who blinks first. No regrets again this year.
JIM OVIA, Elumelu, Wigwe, Balogun etc...I give you till 2020.... grin
Bros what do you mean
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
Godisfaithful:

At least one is sure of 43 Kobo dividend payment alert by April grin
it's 0.38k after tax so a 1000 unit will see N387. and like that depending on your holding.
but its unusual not to see rally with such yield(dividend yield and earning yield) and good result

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (8284) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: purity2all(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.