Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11464684 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (8107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
feelamong:

hmmmm una don start again!! grin
It is the mind that sees money, not the eyes. In order words, it is the mind that makes you a millionaire not the eyes. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
jamace: https://www.nairaland.com/1523272/fg-sell-four-state-owned-refineries

I see TRANSCORP buying one of these refineries! wink

I see Transcorp coming to the market to raise more funds.

I see transcorp coming to the market to raise more funds.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Abeg who has an idea where eterna might rise to in terms of price appreciation.
abeg answer to this question is needed o. Again what should one having costain do as it seems to be heading with alacrity to car garage.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mashaun(m): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
mashaun: My people
Please what is happening to livestock o,
Is it very good to buy now for medium-term inv.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Stock gurus in the building I greet you all.

I will like to know if Dangote Sugar and Floor is good to invest and also do they pay dividend regularly to share holders.

Any other good company to invest will also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
@lancee, wetin dem talk for d conference?
@mashaun, we cannot categorically tell u, cos we might say one thing and oga at d top will .....
Uacn bought livestock feeds and the price rose to abt 5 or 7 naira, b4 d mkt beat it down, so it seems its finding its foot again.

Dangote cement and nestle are the next to move, followed by uacn. If u believe me shout oho oho!
Am taking position in dangote cement 2moro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
mercylicious: @lancee, wetin dem talk for d conference?
@mashaun, we cannot categorically tell u, cos we might say one thing and oga at d top will .....
Uacn bought livestock feeds and the price rose to abt 5 or 7 naira, b4 d mkt beat it down, so it seems its finding its foot again.

Dangote cement and nestle are the next to move, followed by uacn. If u believe me shout oho oho!

Madam mercy those coys are looking slightly overpriced but i am looking at possible indices that will rally dangcem b4 i launch attack by fri. But as for skyscrapper(nestle), im afraid of heights.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
SWG 1:
Madam mercy those coys are looking slightly overpriced but i am looking at possible indices that will rally dangcem b4 i launch attack by fri. But as for skyscrapper(nestle), im afraid of heights.

I was more interested on the ConocoPhillips deal , questions were asked about it an Mr wale said "hopefully the deal should be sealed in the nearest future" , he didn't specify the date ..But we all have hope that by 30th nov something might happened
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frcxs(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ess:

You no dey for Christfo be that.
Anyways I missed Transcorp, FO and nearly missed Oando train, thanks to liver wey I manage grow.

Christerna sef don dey show o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
NESTLE IS STILL UNDER PRICED AT N1000s.
Come with me as I prove it using using what I call 'comparison formula(cf)'. I actually derived it using the inverse of the formula for dividend yield(dy).
In case u dont know, dy = dividend(d)/share price(sp).

Therefore inverse dy or 1/dy = sp/d.
Cf = (sp/d)x full yr dividend of the company in question(nestle). I hope u r followiny?

Using this formula we r goin 2 compare the ave sp of those 3 stock in thesame sector with that of nestle.

1. Cadbury sp = N58.90K, D = 50K, 1/DY = 58.90/0.5 = 118.
2. Flourmill sp = N83.06K, D = N1.60K/2(paid 2012 i.e 2 yrs), 1/dy = 83.06/0.8 = 108.

3. NNFM SP = N24.37K, D = 90K/3 (Paid 2011 i.e 3yrs), 1/dy = 24.37/0.3 = 81.

Ave 1/dy = (118+108+81)/3 = 102.

Therefore the fair price of nestle = 102x20 = N2040. Hint the fyd of nestle was N20.

Now going by the calibre of company nestle is, it should be selling at far above its fair price. If I am to fix, I will fix it somewhere between N5,000 & N10,000
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
ucheson2: NESTLE IS STILL VERY CHEAP AT 1000s.
Come with me as I prove it using using what I call 'comparison formula(cf)'. I actually derived it using the inverse of the formula for dividend yield(dy).
In case u dont know, dy = dividend(d)/share price(sp).

Therefore inverse dy or 1/dy = sp/d.
Cf = (sp/d)x full yr dividend of the company in question(nestle). I hope u r followiny?

Using this formula we r goin 2 compare the ave sp of those 3 stock in thesame sector with that of nestle.

1. Cadbury sp = N58.90K, D = 50K, 1/DY = 58.90/0.5 = 118.
2. Flourmill sp = N83.06K, D = N1.60K/2(paid 2012 i.e 2 yrs), 1/dy = 83.06/0.8 = 108.

3. NNFM SP = N24.37K, D = 90K/3 (Paid 2011 ie 3yrs), 1/dy = 24.37/0.3 = 81.

Ave 1/dy = (118+108+81)/3 = 102.

Therefore the fair price of nestle = 102x20 = N2040. Hint the fyd of nestle was N20.

Now going by the calibre of company nestle is, it should be selling at far above its far price. If I am to fix, I will fix it somewhere between N5,000 & N10,000.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

I dont mind if you will sell ur gtbank shares to me for N5..i go buy am from ur hand.
I Will by at 7.50
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=ucheson2][/quote]
The same maths with NASCON and DANGSUGAR will give u better percentage on price to dividend yield. Dont u think so
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=ucheson2][/quote]
The same maths with NASCON and DANGSUGAR will give u better percentage on price to dividend yield. Dont u think so? But compared to coys within its sector its cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
9free:
My Oga, I don christen this Christmas as Christando Christcorp.
Oga Elai, and B2bR I pray una dey this train oh. The next bus stop na Paradise...........

No shaking I dey with una for the train. This na the next FO...the bus stop na N50 (at least).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
9free:
No be only you ooooohhhhh
I get 200K units of UnionHomes, 200K units of BecoPet, and 150K units of DaarCom for my longest tie portfolio. Na these yeye stocks I use welcome myself into the NSE in 2008. I don find buyers tire for those stocks since then but I no see. I just simply moved them into my longest time portfolio for my grand grand children. grin The current newbies into the NSE dey lucky well well as dem dey learn from our past mistakes.

Me too... Jegede Paul, Eterna, universal and Mbenefit- bad markets. My bank PHB share don enter ground. ETI dismantled my Ecobank and Oceanic shares any how. Na wetin dem take welcome me to NSE be this before dem come slap my face join with stock market crash 2008.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ess: Oando trading at 10.23%.
Dream come true?!

E never reach dat time. Until when COP deal don materialise. We only have inner caucus info (from oga B2BR) that the deal... So for now make we dey enjoy the pre COP ride because the post COP ride go be bomb.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 12:23am On Nov 20, 2013
SWG 1:
The same maths with NASCON and DANGSUGAR will give u better percentage on price to dividend yield. Dont u think so? But compared to coys within its sector its cheaper.
The stocks I used for that comparison were carefully selected. U cant possibly compare nestle with such companies as dangote sugar & nascon these 2 companies r just like banks they can die at any time. e.g b4 d economic crises they were trading at d same region with major banks, during the crises the almost died with the bank ie fail from N30,N40 to N2,N3 ..... How can one compare companies whose earnings and dividends on the average are fixed unable to declear bonus bc if they do dividend will fall in proportion with one whose earning is increasing dynamically, I mean nestle declears bonus and still increases dividend regularly including during d global melt down. Plz dagote sugar and nascon r gud at the price they r currently trading but dont try to compare them with nestle .......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:33am On Nov 20, 2013
mashaun: My people
Please what is happening to livestock o,
Is it very good to buy now for medium-term inv.

Instead of tying up your money on this stock why not join the Transcorp train instead? There may still be some upside potentials in this train.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:44am On Nov 20, 2013
mercylicious: @lancee, wetin dem talk for d conference?

Madam Mercy, u never talk go Transcorp and Oando side o... Abi u don take position since?
Nestle is always moving. It doesn't need the FO spirit to move it. We need the FO spirit to move stocks wey don too surfer for market not Nestle wey don already chop belle full.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:47am On Nov 20, 2013
SWG 1:

Hahaha... I join u afraid for that height. He that is up need to fear fall grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 7:20am On Nov 20, 2013
Elai147:

Hahaha... I join u afraid for that height. He that is up need to fear fall grin grin
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 8:14am On Nov 20, 2013
Elai147:

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2013
Elai147:

When nestle was at N100 some where afraid of heights so they did not invest their nestle and they are regretting it now I hope u ll not join those that ll regret when it ll get to N10,000, N100,000 ..... If companies on the newyork stock exchange can trade above USD10,000 nothing stops our own from selling at N1m. US, London, China ... are very far, have taken some time to browse the price list of JSE here in Africa and see how much they are selling? Some of those companies are not even doing as good .....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2013
Youngzedd: Stock gurus in the building I greet you all.

I will like to know if Dangote Sugar and Floor is good to invest and also do they pay dividend regularly to share holders.

Any other good company to invest will also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Help!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2013
ucheson2: When nestle was at N100 some where afraid of heights so they did not invest their nestle and they are regretting it now I hope u ll not join those that ll regret when it ll get to N10,000, N100,000 ..... If companies on the newyork stock exchange can trade above USD10,000 nothing stops our own from selling at N1m. US, London, China ... are very far, have taken some time to browse the price list of JSE here in Africa and see how much they are selling? Some of those companies are not even doing as good .....

Thank you joor!

In Jan this year I bought Nestle for the first time at N700 Plus...
when i told my broker to buy, he said i was stupid.... and tolday am seating on close to 70% return on that small investment...

If only i had used all the money i used in doing Tbills to do this....

Nest year jan... for sure i will be buying more at any cost!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2013
Youngzedd:

Help!
dangote sugar has been paying dividend, but I think the best time to join them will around middle to ending of dec when it would have reached its lowest low. How much is the lowest low? I dont know. Plz follow your heart.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2013
Elai147:

But after una go tell me say una like tall babes!! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2013
Youngzedd:

Help!

What is your investment period. I mean do you want to buy these shares and hold on to them for years or you are looking for certain percentage profit. This question should determine the response to your answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (8107) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: emmaodet and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.