Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11125559 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

It means the stock is worth N4.00 or more, some big guys or institutional investors want to increase their holdings in company, the easiest way to achieve this is through a right issue. Tony used similar strategy to buy over 1 billion units of UBA shares and another 500 million units of United Capital shares

Well from my little observation, the some right issues done on the floor in last six mouth, always end up lower .

It seem to me the companies might be over-valuing the company's shares.

Intendy:

You are right to some extent,but NO law stipulates that right issue price should be lower than that of the secondary market.
The board got approval from the same shareholders of the company. LOL
Many that even fixed right issue prices below what it's trading for on the floor still got battered and dipped below right prices.
It's left for investors to decide which way he wants to go.
As for me and my house na Jump over mode for this kain stock that is if I even have it.
Though one can reevaluate to know if he should pick up some of his right or all or not to pick after reevaluating his/her portfolio and valuing the company over again.

Those shareholders might just be rubber stamps grin

OakPearl:

You are correct to think rights issue should be lower as it has always been.
But it's not also wrong for rights issue to be more expensive than the market price. It's simply a thing of perspectives. The market thinks it should cost N1.76 at the moment, but the owners or major stakeholders values it at N3.00 per share perhaps with a futuristic timeline, that may be based on information exclusively at their disposal. If they are right in their valuation, it will certainly reflect in their performance/results, and the market will definitely revalue it. But should the market be right, then that becomes their cup of tea. grin

So in conclusion the market is the King here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Can someone help me with the number of fully paid Shares of UAC property.

I have 1.1 billion shares, at N1.80 per share that means the whole company is valued at[b] just N2.2 billion[/b].

....Just ?
- Are you living in that flat in IKOYI..... grin?
- Magu get real work.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
I love the power of TA.
- This morning, BullBearMkt dropped a TA Chart on STANBIC, though he deliberately forgot to credit our accounts to take advantage, he got it spot on.
- TA at least eliminates emotions, a key stumbling block to trapping the millions crossing our screens daily.
- TA most times is like a pregnancy test strip, we may have periods of denial from the girl ( just like intra-day price pullbacks) but that does not impede the baby's development... grin
- TA gives the insiders away easily... grin

...When you follow fxuser, Intendy & of course DeRuggedProf posts and combined them together, they give out the clue & you have little work to do in your analysis!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

....Just ?
- Are you living in that flat in IKOYI..... grin?
- Magu get real work.... grin

From my findings the company has 1.1 billion shares, someone should confirm if the figure is correct
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
From my findings the company has 1.1 billion shares, someone should confirm if the figure is correct
1.72bn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Well from my little observation, the some right issues done on the floor in last six mouth, always end up lower .

It seem to me the companies might be over-valuing the company's shares.

Those shareholders might just be rubber stamps grin

So in conclusion the market in the King here.

80% or more of rights bought in the last one year are bought by management and institutional investors, not retail investors like you and I
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
BullBearMkt:

1.72bn
1,718,750,000. So the rights is going to be one for one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
BullBearMkt:

1.72bn

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2017

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Intendy:
http://nairametrics.com/sec-says-you-have-till-june-30-to-use-this-portal-to-claim-back-lost-dividends/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

very nice one

Wow

I never knew I got some unclaimed dividends​ till I searched the link.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
The Commission also wishes to remind the investing public on the deadline of 30thJune, 2017, which will mark the end of issuance of physical dividend warrant, with a view to mitigating the risks associated with physical dividend warrants and improving investors’ experience.

Furthermore, the 30th June, 2017 dateline will see the end of free registration of e-dividend, being bank-rolled by the Commission since the inception of the exercise in November, 2015. Hence, members of the investing public are encouraged to urgently key into the on-going free registration.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
Intendy:
http://nairametrics.com/sec-says-you-have-till-june-30-to-use-this-portal-to-claim-back-lost-dividends/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

very nice one
This is GREAT OOOO! I get shares in many of these 0.50 stocks self? I never knew...

House, how do I go about claiming dividends on stocks bought through brokers I've lost their details, like my CHN? Will my existing CHN and Account No work?

Thanks Intendy...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Wow

I never knew I got some unclaimed dividends​ till I searched the link.
Thanks

You're welcome sir,a very nice initiative from them.The journey is getting easier.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
FBNH

Am on duty tomorrow for this stock. grin, its crossed key SMA averages, except 50 SMA, which i beleived will blow pass tomorrow in break out mode

@fxuser abeg look am well well

k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
Is there a way to get shareholders number for stocks bought on the floor. Cos that's one thing the bankers in gtb keep asking anytime I go to sign this sec edividend mandate form. That without it there upload won't work.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
debeey87:
Is there a way to get shareholders number for stocks bought on the floor. Cos that's one thing the bankers in gtb keep asking anytime I go to sign this sec edividend mandate form. That without it there upload won't work.

The registrars to the particular stock will be glad to help only if you can convince them that you are the rightful owner of the holding with some little questions that they'll ask you.All this can be done via phone call.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
BullBearMkt:

This is GREAT OOOO! I get shares in many of these 0.50 stocks self? I never knew...

House, how do I go about claiming dividends on stocks bought through brokers I've lost their details, like my CHN? Will my existing CHN and Account No work?

Thanks Intendy...

Registras always have your information.

All you need is a proper ID i.e Int Passport, National ID or driver's license.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
Intendy:

You're welcome sir,a very nice initiative from them.The journey is getting easier.

In fact I was shocked seeing my forgotten unclaimed dividends​, by just typing my Name in the search bar.

Nigeria is getting better.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
debeey87:

Most stock brokers got online portfolio for clients, there you can find your complete units of every stock you have.

If not, demand for a CSCS statement from your stockbroker, everything you have will be listed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Most stock brokers got online portfolio for clients, there is can find your complete units of every stock you have.

If not, demand for a CSCS statement from your stock broker, everything you have will be listed.

I saw my name but i bought from the primary market long long time ago....what step do i take?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Tritri:

I saw my name but i bought from the primary market long long time ago....what step do i take?

Just write down the account number, company name and visit the register listed there with a proper ID.

Every information is on the page.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

It means the stock is worth N4.00 or more, some big guys or institutional investors want to increase their holdings in company, the easiest way to achieve this is through a right issue. Tony used similar strategy to buy over 1 billion units of UBA shares and another 500 million units of United Capital shares

yhuup sir
institutional liquidity generated wt N3 entry barrier
corporate finance engineering
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
kentoto:

FBNH

Am on duty tomorrow for this stock. grin, its crossed key SMA averages, except 50 SMA, which i beleived will blow pass tomorrow in break out mode
@fxuser abeg look am well well
k

lol
crossed 50ema oh , even kissing 200ema
nice breakout !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
All d stocks i bought tru Morgan capital n held tru dividend payments last yr, my name no de dere bt all d coys I bought wit my former broker are dere. Why is morgsn's own not showing?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 2:39am On Apr 19, 2017
jp130:
All d stocks i bought tru Morgan capital n held tru dividend payments last yr, my name no de dere bt all d coys I bought wit my former broker are dere. Why is morgsn's own not showing?

Same here. Morgan needs to do something.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rahjan: 6:01am On Apr 19, 2017
Good morning good people of a great nation, please I checked that sec site and I am seeing my name on 4 companies but with different account numbers and also the arrangement of the names differ in each case. How do I know which is mine since I don't have the account number to verify.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 6:11am On Apr 19, 2017
BullBearMkt:
WONDERING IF IBTC SOARING WILL INTEREST YOU...

-Daily and Weekly charts are bullish
-Presently looks overbought and close to resistance at 18.80
-Could be a good play if price pullback to value zone OR break above resistance (on high volume)...

Disclamer: This post is purely based on technical analysis and is the opinion of BullBearMkt. Due diligence should be carried out accordingly.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter holidays...
grin grin grin grin grin

There has been a break out already.
Next resistance is around 23.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2017
jp130:
austinkenneth:

Same here. Morgan needs to do something.
jp130:
I guess the companies that could not be are those ones that have been registered for EDIVIDEND with the various registrars . The only company I saw was LASAFEVER (LASACO). But you can verify
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:14am On Apr 19, 2017
DANGOTE Flour Mills, yesterday, announced it has exited its noodles business and has sold the assets of Dangote Noodles to Dufil Prima Foods, makers of Indomie noodles.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/dangote-flour-divests-noodles-business-cedes-assets-dufil/

(1) (2) (3) ... (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pesuzok(m), mercifull(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.