Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,937 members, 7,922,307 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11360151 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (8005) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2017
vivie01:

I beg to disagree with you on above assertions!

Though I'm not a technically inclined person in areas like this but based on my layman's understanding, GT does not gave birth to ARM, its an independent company operating solely on its own, though have support of gtb as their main banker (think this is largely based on few of their directors being a retiree of gtb; they also have support from other banks as well).

Now I put it to you that you come up with empirical prove that there's a correlation/ consipracy between ARM and AXA Mansard.

Also, on what premise do you refer to people who invested in ARM mutual fund as unintelligent? That you dont believe in something does not make others with contrary opinion to yours 'unintelligent', you stick with what works for you best and let others do same.

Mutual fund is good, reliable and consistent (in terms of quarterly dividend payment) for those of us that believed in it and sees it as alternative form of investment.

You can device a better and convincing means of selling your e-book, such as getting facts and being objective in your analysis.

Disclamer: Not a staff or relation of anyone in ARM, I'm just an investor.

The established fact will be revealed to you when you read free ebooks
I do not sell eBook, it was a link sent to me free by a friend and decided to share it with fellow nairalanders.
You w argue to d grave.
U w only know d truth cox no one will tell you.
You can start learning by reading
Rich dad,poor dad
The govt of the world deliberately ignored teaching financial education from school curriculum in order to make you a member of the rat race.
Our parents never taught us financial education coz dy lack it equally.
The race is no longer for the fastest but for the smartest
My life gift for you is this site that will expose u to authors in finance intelligent.
Read the following and thank me foreva
Cash flow quadrant
Conspiracy of the rich
Rich dad,poor dad
And many free ebooks
Those selling free ebooks on Nairaland have lost the game.
Free it was given to me,free I am giving i it to you.
My happiness is to see you liberating yourself and others around you thru dz
www.pdfdrive.net

Books that covers all human endeavours are absolutely free.
After doing dz....apologise for your myopic comment
Information is the engine of our generation.
Neva despised anyone dt offer information.
All you need is to take ur stand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2017
Nairaruky:

What you do not understand in d game of conspiracy against the masse by d rich is that the issue of subsidiary is buried.What they do now is called derivatives of derivatives that will make shares worthless.
Arm will invest your money in mansard at d highest bid
(U loose money) They will sell for you at the lowest offer.
The shares of arm in mansard is far differ from what u are seeing in the game of conspiracy.
The financial predators are after your money,if you escape them at mutual funds, they are waiting for you at the securities arm, if u dodge dm at this level..a doom is already planted at the pension funds.( dy are allowed to invest your money in shares, tb,promissory note, commercial paper, banker acceptance note) etc
Same conspiracy is being played at stanbic IBTC but with a slight compassion for investors ,dz is contrary to arm that is known for heartlessness.
You do not need to be a prophet to see that fbn will soon ask the govt of Nigeria for a bail out. By then the share value will collapse to N2.00
While by 2020 Arm will float an investment or a deposit bank...still the pattern of derivatives.
They are following the pathway of leman brother, AIG etc
In all dz scenario,the investors have no profit
Money created for the rich from the labour of the poor.
Money only exist in imagination.
We must read books and free our friends and foe from financial slavery.
Pls share dz link free to all Nigerians

www.pdfdrive.net

The secret to success is in knowledge
Dz information age is going to be a persistent battle BTW the ruled and d ruler

I don't believe in conspiracy theory the way you are putting it.
We are all architect of our (mis)fortune in money management.
The rich do not sit anywhere to conspire against the poor.
Knowledge is key but we need the right application of it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2017
Nairaruky:

What you do not understand in d game of conspiracy against the masse by d rich is that the issue of subsidiary is buried.What they do now is called derivatives of derivatives that will make shares worthless.
Arm will invest your money in mansard at d highest bid
(U loose money) They will sell for you at the lowest offer.
The shares of arm in mansard is far differ from what u are seeing in the game of conspiracy.
The financial predators are after your money,if you escape them at mutual funds, they are waiting for you at the securities arm, if u dodge dm at this level..a doom is already planted at the pension funds.( dy are allowed to invest your money in shares, tb,promissory note, commercial paper, banker acceptance note) etc
Same conspiracy is being played at stanbic IBTC but with a slight compassion for investors ,dz is contrary to arm that is known for heartlessness.
You do not need to be a prophet to see that fbn will soon ask the govt of Nigeria for a bail out. By then the share value will collapse to N2.00
While by 2020 Arm will float an investment or a deposit bank...still the pattern of derivatives.
They are following the pathway of leman brother, AIG etc
In all dz scenario,the investors have no profit
Money created for the rich from the labour of the poor.
Money only exist in imagination.
We must read books and free our friends and foe from financial slavery.
Pls share dz link free to all Nigerians

www.pdfdrive.net

The secret to success is in knowledge
Dz information age is going to be a persistent battle BTW the ruled and d ruler
Guy the Boldded statement gives one a cause for a second look , Pls can U give more details , cos me na sell button I de press soo, if U make convincing statement.
> PA Ewumi has never mentioned FBNH too as part of his favourite stock , since I have been following him over the years ..SMN days, hence I might tend to believe U..But ....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:56am On Aug 24, 2017
sellydion:

Please Pa Wumi,

Can you help us further on how to do this and achieve the 22% yield. This could be eyes opener.

Regards

Don't tell me you don't know about this. Treasury Bill of 364 days will give you an upfront interest of over 18%. If you decide to collect your interest at maturity instead of upfront you will earn about 22% instead of 18%.

Money market mutual funds will only pay you at maturity and not upfront.

First Bank gives one the option of investing the principal and interest of Treasury Bill. The best banks for Treasury Bills are First bank and Stanbic IBTC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mystockyear: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2017
eti audit report Half year 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2017
Some people registered about a month ago, they have plans of selling alternative investments like Bitcoin, forex, mlm and other phony investments please folk beware.

Nothing bad in mutual funds if you don't have the time, knowledge, experience and temperament to manage your own investments.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moseys2003(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Don't tell me you don't know about this. Treasury Bill of 364 days will give you an upfront interest of over 18%. If you decide to collect your interest at maturity instead of upfront you will earn about 22% instead of 18%.

First Bank gives one the option of investing the principal and interest of Treasury Bill. The best banks for Treasury Bills are First bank and Stanbic IBTC.

how is the calculation like?

is it (principal x 18% x 91 /364)= interest amount

(principal x 18% x 180 /364)= interest amount

(principal x 18% x 364 /364)= interest amount
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2017
moseys2003:

how is the calculation like?

is it (principal x 18% /364)= interest amount

I no Sabi book Na money I know. Go to investopedia and read about true yield.

If you invest N1 million for 364 on Treasury Bill, you will earn your upfront 180k today, but if you opt to collect your interest on 24th August 2018 you will earn about 220k interest.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2017
how is axa mansard a derivative equity?? does its value depend on GT share value?
we need to be censoring post here!!!!!
someone will just wake up one morning and dump anything here to scatter innocent brains.
I mean no disrespect sha. hope you dont find any
Nairaruky:
My view on Nigeria equity market,I observed the following
Most of the derivative equities are bearish
An example of derivative equity is AX Mansard
The parent company was GT bank
Same GT bank gave birth to ARM
The collapsed in the share price of Mansard Is telling on the unintelligent investors that invested in ARM mutual funds
The implication of this is that there is an established conspiracy between ARM and Ax mansard
In few weeks, the share price of mansard will crash to 0.85k, the mutual funds product of ARM will loose at least 15% in value as they plan to pay a meagre dividend of 0.01%
The lesson here is to avoid derivatives of derivatives shared.They cannot offer you a capital gain nor guarantee you a cash inflow .
Derivative shares are for myopic investors why mutual funds are for the financially unintelligent.
The good shares offer both capital gain and cash inflow for investors.
Good example....dangote cement,GT bank, international brewery,okomu, presco, etc
Get inspirational ebooks from anti conspiracy authors for free on
www.pdfdrive.net

Enter the author name,I.e Robert kiyosaki
U will then click the search bottom
Also useful for ebooks in any discipline
Shallom

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 10:37am On Aug 24, 2017
Nairaruky:

You w argue to d grave.

Books that covers all human endeavours are absolutely free.
After doing dz....apologise for your myopic comment
Information is the engine of our generation.
Neva despised anyone dt offer information.
All you need is to take ur stand.

I think you are out of the line for saying this and I say back to sender!

Must I subscribe to your financial investment plan because you think your own angle is the best and all in all? Is mutual fund not a form of investment?

Instead of you to answer my questions, since you claimed you have read the books, you were busy spewing trash.

Your writeup here only shows the kind of who you are and I dont go into arguments with your likes neither will that change my perspectives on what I believe.

Some pple end up collecting millions in their accounts every year thru mutual fund. You just continue with your stereotyped mentality and not launch out to add to your knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:40am On Aug 24, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Pa wumi, I know a little, not as much as above. Little knowledge is dangerous. Thank you for your time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:40am On Aug 24, 2017
The equity price of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc was adjusted today 24th of August, 2017 for an interim dividend of N0.30 as declared by the board of directors. The last close price was N40.80, hence the ex-div price of N40.50.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2017
AM I THE ONLY ONE NOTICING REDS EVERYWHERE ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
how is axa mansard a derivative equity?? does its value depend on GT share value?
we need to be censoring post here!!!!!
someone will just wake up one morning and dump anything here to scatter innocent brains.
I mean no disrespect sha. hope you dont find any

Mark my words the guy is out to market some phoney Investment schemes, he will appear real initially and people will think he's making sense. At the end of the day he will make nonsense of people who believed him and they will also loose their money.

What happened to Kiyosaki at the end of the day?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2017
cadno:

Guy the Boldded statement gives one a cause for a second look , Pls can U give more details , cos me na sell button I de press soo, if U make convincing statement.
> PA Ewumi has never mentioned FBNH too as part of his favourite stock , since I have been following him over the years ..SMN days, hence I might tend to believe U..But ....

Good question.
Are you not surprised dt fbn is trading at N6?
The reason for dz was cox of toxic loan given to the rich
The loans are not performing
The bank direct the arrow of debt at the masses
FBN is only surviving cox dy deliberately manipulated their share price making the investors to loose money
The rich have taken the money for their biz
When the stress of fbn could no longer obey Roberts hook's law the breaking point of distress will emerge.
At dz point both the share fraction and cash reserve tatio of fbn will be compromised at CBN
Due to d large no of masses dt bank with dm ,d govt w have no choice than to print money to bail out fbn.
Where is d bail out money coming from?
The task payers of course.
Mind you the rich only pay taxes after spending.
The poor taxes are 70% withholding
Due to lapses in the system,D defunct Etisalat had almost asked d govt of Nigeria to declare tax payers money in their biz a toxic loan.
Now ,back to fbn.....govt w consider the repercusory effect of distress on the economy, the labour MKT, interest of the rich n. Foreign investors interest,
Fbn I'd indeed sick and will soon vanish the shares of investors if no external intervention in d situation of d bank.
Dz is d time for investors to face the reality and not the fictitious statement of defense in favour of fbn
The bank is sick....the rich and wise investors are offloading shares of fbn based on objective analysis not a speculation ,I repeat.
If fbn had declared d Etisalat loan a toxic one by now the share would b trading at N1.80k
Dz is a real conspiracy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2017
Tritri:

RED is an opportunity to buy good stocks. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2017
sellydion:

RED is an opportunity to buy good stocks. grin

Those HOLDING FCMB bus will get tired one day and it will fall below 1...am inside fcmb at 1.18 cost unit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2017
Nairaruky:

Good question.
Are you not surprised dt fbn is trading at N6?
The reason for dz was cox of toxic loan given to the rich

The bank is sick....the rich and wise investors are offloading shares of fbn based on objective analysis not a speculation ,I repeat.
If fbn had declared d Etisalat loan a toxic one by now the share would b trading at N1.80k

Dz is a real conspiracy

Whilst I am reluctant responding to your post, I see the bolded as conjecture and baseless to warrant raising false alarm when there is no fire. On the issue of toxic assets, FBN is not the only bank carrying this in its book. Go check Zenith bank 2H 2017 financials and you will see how their NPL jumped to 30%... shocked shocked So, you will say Zenith should be trading below N4, right? Though I have interest in FBN but I believe in objective analysis supported with proof when posting sensitive information like this on the internet AND NOT THIS FALSEHOOD YOU ARE SPREADING. Probably, you are among those that missed the bus when FBN was trading below N3 then and refuse to buy. Now you want to cause fear in people and create panic sell off for you to now enter...(as they say downtown, bros e no go work... grin try another strategy)

I rest my case.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2017
Coolcash1:

Whilst I am reluctant responding to your post, I see the bolded as conjecture and baseless to warrant raising false alarm when there is no fire. On the issue of toxic assets, FBN is not the only bank carrying this in its book. Go check Zenith bank 2H 2017 financials and you will see how their NPL jumped to 30%... shocked shocked So, you will say Zenith should be trading below N4, right? Though I have interest in FBN but I believe in objective analysis supported with proof when posting sensitive information like this on the internet AND NOT THIS FALSEHOOD YOU ARE SPREADING. Probably, you are among those that missed the bus when FBN was trading below N3 then and refuse to buy. Now you want to cause fear in people and create panic sell off for you to now enter...(as they say downtown, bros e no go work... grin try another strategy)

I rest my case.

Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2017
For investors that are looking for sound fundamental stock to buy, follow the link below, as you click emphasize a little patient for the whole page to come up.
You will see a wonderful work done by NAIRAMETRIC base on all Nigeria quoted companies stock EPS (TTM) PE Ratio of Nigeria companies as of 18th August, 2017.

There are wonderful stocks that needed attention, likewise there are those that the companies seriously need to work on.

Some companies has and maintain wonderful EPS while some don't maintain, if you are looking for high pay dividend stocks go for those with higher earning.

Go through the link below and thank me later.
https://nairametrics.com/earnings-per-share-and-price-earnings-ratio-of-nigerian-companies/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2017
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-earningsratio.asp

For those that don't know what is price earnings ratio, here is the the meaning and how to calculate it.

Price-Earnings Ratio - P/E Ratio

What is the 'Price-Earnings Ratio - P/E Ratio'
The price-earnings ratio (P/E ratio) is the ratio for valuing a company that measures its current share price relative to its per-share earnings. The price-earnings ratio is also sometimes known as the price multiple or the earnings multiple.

The P/E ratio can be calculated as:

Market Value per Share / Earnings per Share

For example, suppose that a company is currently trading at $43 a share and its earnings over the last 12 months were $1.95 per share. The P/E ratio for the stock could then be calculated as 43/1.95, or 22.05.

EPS is most often derived from the last four quarters. This form of the price-earnings ratio is called trailing P/E, which may be calculated by subtracting a company’s share value at the beginning of the 12-month period from its value at the period’s end, adjusting for stock splits if there have been any. Sometimes, price-earnings can also be taken from analysts’ estimates of earnings expected during the next four quarters. This form of price-earnings is also called projected or forward P/E. A third, less common variation uses the sum of the last two actual quarters and the estimates of the next two quarters

Read more: Price-Earnings Ratio (P/E Ratio) http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-earningsratio.asp

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
@Tritri thanks. (not relating to any post here)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://www.nse.com.ng/Issuers-section/corporate-disclosures/company-results&grqid=v4yhW_HU&hl=en-NG

Always follow the above link to update yourself on daily basis, the Nigeria quoted companies corporate disclosure/ companies result.

We are currently on the period of life made easy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
10 things you need to know about the new stock market rules

In an apparent response to allegations of price-fixing, the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has released a new set of rules regarding price movement and trading volumes. The exchange had last year circulated copies of the draft proposal to investors and members of the finance community

Here are key points from the new rules as approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC):

The opening price of a stock will be calculated based on the price in the regular book alone.Pre market price of a stock will be recalculated each time a new order is entered.
Pre market is between 9.30am and 10.14am on the NSE. During this period, investors can place bids and offers, but no trading takes place.A final opening price is calculated at the end of the pre-open state.Orders that match and are able to trade are queued in the market and traded at the opening price (some of them might be traded partially).Stocks are now classified into 3 price categories: Group A for stocks priced at N100 and above. Group B is for stocks priced more than N5 but less than N100. Group C is for stocks priced between N0.01 to N5.00.Trades of fewer than Ten Thousand (10,000) shares in Group A, Fifty Thousand (50,000) shares in Group B, and One Hundred thousand (100,000) shares in Group C, shall be regarded by the ATS as small trades.Small trades in an equity securityshall not result in a change in the publicly reported price of such security.Price movements: The minimum quantity of equities traded that will change the published price of an equity security shall be as follows:

Group A: From a minimum quantity has been reduced from 50,000 to 10,000 units.                                    Group B: Minimum quantity has been increased from 10,000 to 50,000 units.
         Group C: A minimum quantity of 100,000 has now being placed.

The minimum price movement that equities shall trade are as follows:

Group A: Ten (10) Kobo.
              Group B: Five (5) Kobo.
              Group C: One (1) Kobo.

Closing Price of any security traded on The Exchange on any given Trading day shall be calculated as follows:

(1) The close price is the last trade price in the symbol’s primary listing market.
       (2) Symbols that do not trade on a particular day use their last traded price from their primary                         market as their closing price.

This means that off market transactions which could be at a price lower or higher  than   the primary market price, have no influence on a company’s share price.

https://nairametrics.com/earnings-per-share-and-price-earnings-ratio-of-nigerian-companies/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Avon Crowncaps & Containers (Nig.) Plc ? Scheme of Arrangement Dealing Members are hereby notified that Avon Crowncaps & Containers (Nig.) Plc (?Avon Crowncaps??or ?the Company?) has through its Stockbroker; Integrated Trust & Investments Limited submitted an application for a Scheme of Arrangement between the Company and holders of its fully paid up ordinary shares of 50k each. The Scheme will lead to the delisting of the entire shares of Avon Crowncaps & Containers (Nig.) Plc from The Daily Official List of The Exchange. This is for your information and records update please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
Tritri:

Ask yourself what has really change or what else do you expect from a country where rat chases it president away from office

The market has depressed for too long then mid into the year it started flying without wings courtesy of the MARKET MAKERS PUMP and DUMP strategy.

Now they are looking for those to dump on but investors are becoming wiser.

Mind you next year 2019 campaign will kick off and that will create any GREAT VACUUM so the market has no other direction to go but deep down.

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
PETERiCHY:

Ask yourself what has really change or what else do you expect from a country where rat chases it president away from office

The market has depressed for too long then mid into the year it started flying without wings courtesy of the MARKET MAKERS PUMP and DUMP strategy.

Now they are looking for those to dump on but investors are becoming wiser.

Mind next year 2019 campaign will kick off and that will create any GREAT VACUUM so the market has no other direction to go but deep down.

*ThE OcToPuS*

AIRSERVICE shareholders no send anybody na wa, they just dey relax...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/19412_UBA_PLC-AUDITED_HALF_YR_JUNE_2017_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_AUGUST_2017.pdf

UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC (UBA)

Interim Dividend: 20 kobo

Closure Date: 31st August 2017.

Payment Date: 11th September 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (8005) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: emmasoft(m), 1jboi and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.