Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11267892 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) ... (7931) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=Coolcash1 post=62408791]

I laugh when you say Generational wealth creation... grin Not in Nigeria where profitable company today SUDDENLY turns to a struggling one over night and at the end cease to exist with people's money (long term investors.. grin) going down the drain... grin

The best approach considering the high country risk and terrible self aggrandizement of most Nigerian CEOs who feast on innocent shareholders fund, you limit your long term to between six months to one year subject to evaluation on periodic basis. This is the best way to protect one's investment. For instance, look at the share reconstruction plan of CI leasing and now imagine someone who had invested substantial part of his money in the company with the intent of growing his "wealth"and wakes up to hear about this news... grin That his investment is going to be slashed. Trust me, Yaba left (psychiatric hospital) will be his new home... grin

For me, i am a trader and medium term player...This way i can at grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
Mpeace:
I doubt if next year's election will bring much bears. The election will most likely be an all aboki affair with very little tension(mostly in the north). If it is the fear of having a bad leader from the election, I doubt that too. No leader can be worse than the one we have now.
You are wrong sir . Nigeria will not have bad leader as befor not Buhari, his trying forget .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
ihedioramma:
You are wrong sir . Nigeria will not have bad leader as befor not Buhari, his trying forget .

Aberg type vernacular if u no sabi grammar , Or else continue typing ur OANDO dey go.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
FO FO FO. The manipulation in this stock no get part 2.

Its like FO wants to enter again MSCI frontier indices rating by fire by force.

Anyway, let me sit jejely in FO bus to kilometer 100.

NB: Don't follow me o. I no know book o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
tritritri:

Aberg type vernacular if u no sabi grammar , Or else continue typing ur OANDO dey go.
Are my bear's ? OANDO, OANDO OANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=ihedioramma post=62408969te]I thought dis share reconstruction was suppose to reduce d share outstanding and boost d price. though u can't trust these ceos but ci leasing case is peculiar. with only 400m unit it means e.p.s will jump to 2naira or there about. except d ceos decides to be terribly mischievous and wount sustain their earnings. if its well managed it can become another facebook
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
You dont grow wealth by investing in companies like C&I Leasing!

Coolcash1:

I laugh when you say Generational wealth creation... grin Not in Nigeria where profitable company today SUDDENLY turns to a struggling one over night and at the end cease to exist with people's money (long term investors.. grin) going down the drain... grin

The best approach considering the high country risk and terrible self aggrandizement of most Nigerian CEOs who feast on innocent shareholders fund, you limit your long term to between six months to one year subject to evaluation on periodic basis. This is the best way to protect one's investment. For instance, look at the share reconstruction plan of CI leasing and now imagine someone who had invested substantial part of his money in the company with the intent of growing his "wealth"and wakes up to hear about this news... grin That his investment is going to be slashed. Trust me, Yaba left (psychiatric hospital) will be his new home... grin

For me, i am a trader and medium term player...This way i can at least have rest of mind and save myself from those cowboy CEOs... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
wanaj0:

hehehehe... grin gbam!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=yom2 post=62410703][/quote]Are you talking to me ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
wanaj0:

Tell them: As poor as FBN was in the previous years, I have collected dividend close to N1m. That is when the going was very bad. Asumming I reinvested them at low price in same FBN, imaging more dividend and value created in additional units purchased when the going gets good.
Wealth is made in the long terms in valuable stocks whose fundamentals remains a toast of the market. Obviously attention is put on stability of the fundamental.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
Mpeace:
I doubt if next year's election will bring much bears. The election will most likely be an all aboki affair with very little tension(mostly in the north). If it is the fear of having a bad leader from the election, I doubt that too. No leader can be worse than the one we have now.

Apostle will hear of this, Funke. #O-ja-mi-lara-je grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
Thinking of selling my DF with small profit becos of the recent price reductions, dnt no if they can even get to 12 next year oohhhhh help house about ur opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
OakPearl:
The vibes in NSEMPA forum in this bear mkt sounds very matured.
Evidence of members' increasing experience.
Newbies, pls always know that there are 2 distinct categories of investors here:
1). Investors - (Long term)
2). Traders - ( Short term)
Know what you want, and invest accordingly.
If you see d mkt as a gamble, it will forever manifest accordingly.
See it as an avenue for generational wealth creation, and it shall be so for you.
Traders bank their profits and hold their capital, pending when suitable to re-enter d mkt.
Investors stay put, looking to continuosly average-down on their existing holdings or enter irresistibly low priced value stocks.
You could be any or both of these 2 categories per time.
We hv seen elections come and go, stock market crashes of all sorts, but the mkt lives on, making the knowledgeable players richer.
As for me, after my first stock mkt investment in 1998 (when Nestlé was around N9 or so per share!) till date, I can affirm that knowledge is the key to how well you do in the mkt.
N/B : [N100k invested in Nestlé then is worth N13m now]!
You see, the most ferocious bear couldn't stop a sound stock pick like that.
Do not be bullied into a panic buy or sell.
See my signature...Warren Buffett said that.

You only need a "Bunmi Oni" to be in charge of Nestle ... the rest would be history..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
daddymgg:
Thinking of selling my DF with small profit becos of the recent price reductions, dnt no if they can even get to 12 next year oohhhhh help house about ur opinion.

sold mine days ago + a few others to lock in my profits ... capital preservation mode ... let see how long this bear would last for .. opportunity to reenter resurfacing again..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria Stock Exchange is no longer a place you leave your money and sleep with both eyes closed.

All thanks to online trading platform if not by now i won't even touch it with a long pole.

*ThE OcToPuS*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
daddymgg:

What do u want to do with the money? You want to try hand in DEAPCAP, OANDO, NIWICABLE, DUNLOP, RT BRISCOE, ABC TRANSPORT? I am just curious why anyone would want to sell a vibrant upcoming stock like DF with amazing potentials.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
mendes911:

How much was Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental, First Bank, UBA in 1998 and how much are they worth now?

My brother, I invested in Savannah bank in 1998. That was about the time Jim Nwobodo was Chairman of the board if am not mistaken. It is no better than those you have listed. But I had sold with profit before it went under.
No one can play the market without bad calls.
What a knowledgeable investor should do is have a balanced, well diversified portfolio.

The question is how much knowledge did people who invested in those perenially bad companies possess before investing in them?
I remember how the herd mentality ruled the market that led to the 2007/2008 crash.
Every bank was running to the market for public offers. Majority of people who lost money had no idea what they were doing really.
That is why even if you are a long term investor, it's important to keep acquiring knowledge and keep monitoring your investment as Coolcash1 correctly pointed out in his mention.
Without the requisite knowledge, someone still will not know what to do in his or her attempt to safeguard their investment.
Another look at the timeless words of the "wizard of Omaha" on my signature should do bro.
One love [In Pa Ihedioramma's voice] grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
wanaj0:

That may be too harsh on the firm though.
I didnt lift a finger wen the tip was given.
But short termers made their profit which is good for them.
However, there is much more to picking long term performers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
nio68:

You only need a "Bunmi Oni" to be in charge of Nestle ... the rest would be history..... grin

grin
That guy was an embodiment of the word "meticulous".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
sellydion:

Tell them: As poor as FBN was in the previous years, I have collected dividend close to N1m. That is when the going was very bad. Asumming I reinvested them at low price in same FBN, imaging more dividend and value created in additional units purchased when the going gets good.
Wealth is made in the long terms in valuable stocks whose fundamentals remains a toast of the market. Obviously attention is put on stability of the fundamental.

Now I have someone who sees through the same lense as I do.
I can't agree less.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:08am On Nov 16, 2017
OakPearl:

That may be too harsh on the firm though.
I didnt lift a finger wen the tip was given.
But short termers made their profit which is good for them.
However, there is much more to picking long term performers.

Harsh Ok oooooo. Same was said about OandO!

Irrespective of how good 'numbers' appear, always be wary of companies that you cannot 'trust' their board or management. I mean what confidence do you put on the numbers to start with.

And FYI, I hold C&I leasing because that's the only thing that will make me 'study' the company.

Anyway, people are paying tuition fee!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:25am On Nov 16, 2017
wanaj0:

...@wanaj0, growing wealth in the financial market or stock market to be specific is relative. You can decide to grow wealth by investing in a sound fundamental company and depend on monthly or quarterly or even yearly dividends with a slowing price appreciation, alternatively I can grow my wealth by trading purely on sound technical analysis of variety of companies focusing on price appreciation. Some have increased their portfolio more than 100% on CIleasing this year.

@OakPear post on different players in the market makes a lot of meaning.

Knowledge is the key. Knowledge is power. Either you want to be a long-term, medium-term and short-term player in the market, all that is needed is knowledge and you can grow your investment gradually.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:00am On Nov 16, 2017
Safety Tips for those that think they are being followed from village where as no villager is following you.

Whenever you want to place a trade with that your hard earned money always have it at the back of your mind that 75% of the time the market will go South. 15% of the time it stays Neutral and ONLY 10% of the time it goes North.

That's why the BEARS will always carry the day while SMART investors make the best out of the situation. So let's think extensively, Plan Meticulously &
Invest wisely.

*ThE OcToPuS*

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:30am On Nov 16, 2017
jamace:
FO FO FO. The manipulation in this stock no get part 2.

Its like FO wants to enter again MSCI frontier indices rating by fire by force.

Anyway, let me sit jejely in FO bus to kilometer 100.

NB: Don't follow me o. I no know book o.

MSCI is really giving some stock HBP
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by McFabian07(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2017
Guys abeg I need epp. started following this thread since early this year (make me register and acc sef). decided to try and trade. so I opened an acc and bought Dangote sugar before they closed their books (at N7). now I heard they paid dividends. how do I apply for dividends and all? what do I do next? btw I use Morgan platform. make una epp me thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2017
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE OPPORTUNITY OF MAKING MONEY IN THE STOCK MARKET TILL CHRIST COMES......

what does this mean to me?
To me,It means sell all your stocks and hold your money at hand.
Release the money when opportunity is sighted.
sell immediately you see profit and preserve your money for another opportunity.
cash is always the king as they said.
one can trade twice or trice in a year with bountiful gain while another who toils day and night in the stock market may not have anything to show for his hard labour because the market has erased all the profit just like what is currently happening to me in the stock market.

I am not discouraging anyone.Go for the investments that suits your plan.For me,CASH IS KING.I REGRET THE PERIOD I HAVE SPENT AS A LONG TERMER.

My bros who sold his cileasing shares some days ago with bumper profit and stays off the market now will later come back with his loot and pick stocks like Transcorp,Fbn or eterna oil and still make another profit before those who are in those buses now.

THIS IS MY CONCLUSION.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 8:06am On Nov 16, 2017
OakPearl:

My brother, I invested in Savannah bank in 1998. That was about the time Jim Nwobodo was Chairman of the board if am not mistaken. It is no better than those you have listed. But I had sold with profit before it went under.
No one can play the market without bad calls.
What a knowledgeable investor should do is have a balanced, well diversified portfolio.

The question is how much knowledge did people who invested in those perenially bad companies possess before investing in them?
I remember how the herd mentality ruled the market that led to the 2007/2008 crash.
Every bank was running to the market for public offers. Majority of people who lost money had no idea what they were doing really.
That is why even if you are a long term investor, it's important to keep acquiring knowledge and keep monitoring your investment as Coolcash1 correctly pointed out in his mention.
Without the requisite knowledge, someone still will not know what to do in his or her attempt to safeguard their investment.
Another look at the timeless words of the "wizard of Omaha" on my signature should do bro.ne love [In Pa Ihedioramma's voice] grin

Most Nigerian companies lack good corporate governance, most of the stocks listed on NSE will not meet Warren Buffet criteria. This is a complete different terrain.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:09am On Nov 16, 2017
locodemy:
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE OPPORTUNITY OF MAKING MONEY IN THE STOCK MARKET TILL CHRIST COMES......

what does this mean to me?
To me,It means sell all your stocks and hold your money at hand.
Release the money when opportunity is sighted.
sell immediately you see profit and preserve your money for another opportunity.
cash is always the king.
one can trade twice or trice in a year with bountiful gain while another who toils day and night in the stock market may not have anything to show for his hard labour because the market has erased all the profit just like what is currently happening to me in the stock market.

I am not discouraging anyone.Go for the investments that suits your plan.For me,CASH IS KING.I REGRET THE PERIOD I HAVE SPENT AS A LONG TERMER.

My bros who sold his cileasing shares some days ago with bumper profit and stays off the market now will later come back with his loot and pick stocks like Transcorp,Fbn or eterna oil and still make another profit before those who are those buses now.

THIS IS MY CONCLUSION.
...this is real wisdom shouting to those who care to hear from the roof-top
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2017
Investnow2017:

What do u want to do with the money? You want to try hand in DEAPCAP, OANDO, NIWICABLE, DUNLOP, RT BRISCOE, ABC TRANSPORT? I am just curious why anyone would want to sell a vibrant upcoming stock like DF with amazing potentials.
so many prophets of woe on this thread. I think some people want immidiate wealth. You need to be an experienced player to be able to stand on your feet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2017
PETERiCHY:
Safety Tips for those that think they are being followed from village where as no villager is following you.

Whenever you want to place a trade with that your hard earned money always have it at the back of your mind that 75% of the time the market will go South. 15% of the time it stays Neutral and ONLY 10% of the time it goes North.

That's why the BEARS will always carry the day while SMART investors make the best out of the situation. So let's think extensively, Plan Meticulously &
Invest wisely.

*ThE OcToPuS*

...it will be interesting to know where you got all these statistics (bolded) from. These are not correct. What is generally known in financial market is that more than 75% of the time price ranges, meaning neutral, while the remaining 25% (or less) price is on impulsive (rising or falling)

We should be careful what we say around. Because of a 2 day decline in the market doesn't imply bear is 75%

Below are 2017 and 2016 NSE price movt for everybody to deduce from.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:48am On Nov 16, 2017
PETERiCHY:

Invest wisely.

*ThE OcToPuS*

You are talking about short term trades. Medium and long term investments in stocks with good fundamentals, are profitable. Stop scaring newbies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) (2736) (2737) ... (7931) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4willer, Kwibaba(m), Naijaepic, cocolacec(m), FreeStuffsNG, Panadee, talktofemi, lionshare, 2zona(m), stronglink, Buzochi, Heishere and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.