Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,536 members, 7,905,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11262825 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3805) (3806) (3807) (3808) (3809) (3810) (3811) ... (7926) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
sillysassysally:
No bro, but i'd have entered the market before you.

Discerning investors buy dips. Imprudent investors buy rallies. You're waiting to buy in January when the whole market wants to buy. Some other investors have thought ahead of the market and have entered before you... Learn to think ahead of the market.

Lol
I no sabi surf o; I dey fear water
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yayira:

smiley smiley Ey3

grin cheesy
That's good.
I have a "Ghanaian connection" too

code name "brong ahafo"

But that's story for another day.
How Accra?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
sillysassysally:
No bro, but i'd have entered the market before you.

Discerning investors buy dips. Imprudent investors buy rallies. You're waiting to buy in January when the whole market wants to buy. Some other investors have thought ahead of the market and have entered before you... Learn to think ahead of the market.

You must be Agba's elder sister....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
sillysassysally:
This is a very flawed reasoning.

Warren Buffett once said that as an investor, it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”

The market is going to go quiet soon - when the earnings season is over and when there are no bullish triggers to propel stocks higher. It'll be a very good time to take position in stocks that would likely report solid Q3 numbers. You can't keep waiting for "one big rally" somewhere.

Looking on to Tbills, yields are around 10% and the expectation is that election risks would pressure rates even higher so if you want to lock in something long now, you'd be biting yourself.

Please remember that it can be disastrous to have a rational investment policy in an irrational NSE. The advice is not to leave the market altogether but to stay by the sidelines and watch.

Whatever stock you want to buy now, you can get it for cheaper by the end of the year. The fear will persist until the elections next year.

Some people stayed out of this market for years until January this year.
Only for them to come and put a lot of money and begin long suffering.

Avoidance of losses is an important component of success here in NSE. I've learnt my lesson.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sillysassysally(f): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yayira:

If you are talking about the election, well After seeing the democracy of your nation arrested yesterday and later released, bro I give up.. indeed this coming election will bring the grand papa bear.

If this comment is about my post on diamond bank, well I say it as it is not minding if I have the stock or not.. their Q2 was a disappointment..
I no get time to sugarcoat

Thanks for the clarification. You stopped believing that NSE will witness a bull ride soon and that got me thinking.

And NO, my post wasn't about Diamond Bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
sillysassysally:
GTB is out http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/23394_GUARANTY_TRUST_BANK_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_AUGUST_2018.pdf

Dividend declared - 30kobo

Should I say welcoming the bears? I could be wrong though, their MM might be more than prepared.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

This is what mendes has been waiting for

grin grin grin

If they let the bears out without control, they will overrun GTB and you know the rest.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ugosample:

grin cheesy

That's good.

I have a "Ghanaian connection" too

code name "brong ahafo"

But that's story for another day.

How Accra?

Fine smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
oge.dazzle:
..... Owning it shouldn't be like climbing ldanre Hills or a Mountain top.
QUEENS COURT ESTATE
Located in a posh and serene area of Shapati, Lakowe, Lekki, Lagos - Nigeria.
With only N5Million outright payment a Plot is yours.
Agba, see where you go invest your money till January instead of sleeping on ya mattress, at least e for don appreciate before then. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
4601CE:
tongue
Smiles smiley smiley ....and cold stares sad sad .......... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mcy56:

Agba, see where you go invest your money till January instead of sleeping on ya mattress, at least e for don appreciate before then. grin
My portfolio no reach to buy that one o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mcy56:

Smiles smiley smiley ....and cold stares sad sad .......... grin grin
cheesy wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
4601CE:
cheesy wink
I saw it grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
4601CE:
cheesy wink

I saw it grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
My portfolio no reach to buy that one o
shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
sillysassysally:
This is a very flawed reasoning.

Warren Buffett once said that as an investor, it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”

The market is going to go quiet soon - when the earnings season is over and when there are no bullish triggers to propel stocks higher. It'll be a very good time to take position in stocks that would likely report solid Q3 numbers. You can't keep waiting for "one big rally" somewhere.

Looking on to Tbills, yields are around 10% and the expectation is that election risks would pressure rates even higher so if you want to lock in something long now, you'd be biting yourself.

I like Buffet but most of us can take the above decision cos we don't have the kind of money he has. He has the war chest to buy coys & take risk.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
Gtb eps of 3.38. Wow grossly underpriced stock. On a good day Gtb should be selling at 70. But de day no good.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
austinkenneth:

I saw it grin grin grin
Dont tell anybody o grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yayira:

Hey boo

What's up with you babe? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
please am a newbie here in need of knowledge and understanding........please i need a master ,a tutor and a mentor to help me learn the basics of stock exchange
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Godisfaithful:

What's up with you babe? grin
please am a newbie here in need of knowledge and understanding........please i need a master ,a tutor and a mentor to help me learn the basics of stock exchange
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
4601CE:
Dont tell anybody o grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekesoft(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mpeace:
Gtb eps of 3.38. Wow grossly underpriced stock. On a good day Gtb should be selling at 70. But de day no good.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
ekesoft:

I recommend CP, Peterichy and Loco put together in the same room

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3805) (3806) (3807) (3808) (3809) (3810) (3811) ... (7926) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1jboi, Hedgefunds and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.