Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,904 members, 7,883,141 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11159810 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) ... (7865) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

grin grin grin
I remember dropping some share prices massively due to this uncharitable behavior... grin
I felt the suppliers were calling me a fool, knowing if I don't act fast, they will turn me into an investor ... grin

Big time investor. LOL.

And the most painful of all is refusing to sell at a small profit and then having to sell at a loss at the end of it all.

Some suppliers are mad! They behave like they picked the shares off the street for free and do not care whatever price they sell the shares.

FO comes to mind. That journey from about ₦128 to below ₦60. I know a couple of people that turned investors then and are still hopeful investors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
mendes911:

The only thing left for Loco to do is bring down the share price by selling. He has already done his best by word of mouth.

Na joke oooo
Someone offered to buy all available units in this forum at 0.89 I wonder if that offer is still available. That would make a great "private placement"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
*Daily Market Summary October 8, 2018.*

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) started the week on a positive note as the All Share Index closed at 32,444.96 basis points, up 0.19%.

Year to date, the index is down 15.16%

*Top Gainers and Losers*

*Gainers*

Unity Bank Plc was the best performing stock in today’s trading session. The stock gained 9.09% to close at N0.96.

Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals closed at N0.64, up 8.47%.

Mutual Benefits closed at N0.28, up 7.69%

*Losers*

On the flip side. John Holt Plc was the worst performing stock in today’s trading session. The stock closed at N0.48, down 9.43%.

Guinea Insurance closed at N0.29, down 9.38%.

AIICO Insurance closed at N0.78, down 6.02%,

*Top traded stocks by volume*

Guaranty Trust Bank was the most actively traded stock by volume. 21.5 million shares valued at N788 million were traded in 181 deals.

FCMB was next with 21.3 million shares valued at N36.2 million traded in 113 deals.

NEM Insurance rounds up the top three most traded with 11 million shares valued at N33 million traded in 28 deals.

This Nairametrics post is brought to you by I-Invest

Invest in treasury bills in 5 minutes by visiting http:///i-invest_ng Today

Download the app via your Playstore or Apple Store.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
Corporate Action:

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has suspended trading in the shares of these firms, for failure to submit their results as at when stipulated:

DN Tyre & Rubber Plc.

FTN Cocoa Processors Plc.

International Energy Insurance Plc.

Thomas Wyatt Nigeria Plc.

Union Dicon Salt Plc.

Unic Diversified Holdings Plc.

This Nairametrics post is brought to you by I-Invest
Invest in treasury bills in 5 minutes by visiting http:///i-invest_ng Today
Download the app via your Playstore or Apple Store.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2018
Infinitisi:
Corporate Action: The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has suspended trading in the shares of these firms, for failure to submit their results as at when stipulated:
DN Tyre & Rubber Plc. FTN Cocoa Processors Plc. International Energy Insurance Plc. Thomas Wyatt Nigeria Plc. Union Dicon Salt Plc. Unic Diversified Holdings Plc..
Lol. Market self don suspend these ones long before now. cheesy
See as nobody look their side, if to say na fidelity, diamond or honeywell, I for don meet over 10 pages as I enter class now. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
DeRuggedProf:
grin grin grin
I remember dropping some share prices massively due to this uncharitable behavior... grin
I felt the suppliers were calling me a fool, knowing if I don't act fast, they will turn me into an investor... grin
Well done sir. tongue
We don mark your face as one of the people transmitting confusion of share price in NSE. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
mendes911:
The only thing left for Loco to do is bring down the share price by selling. He has already done his best by word of mouth. Na joke oooo
cheesy grin lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
samguru:
Fear Grips Ex-Directors of Skye Bank, Seek Soft-landing
If Erastus Akingbola of defunct Intercontinental bank can not bee prosecuted, nothing will happen this time around
Where is Cecilia Ibru? Where is Diezani? Where is Ayeni?
Skye ex-directors that were too powerful for CBN, are those the ones to be prosecuted?
All those gra gra na mere propaganda jor. It will die down after some times.
People like these hardly worry that much, believing that another news will come up which will cover up the existing one. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
Mcy56:

cheesy grin lipsrsealed
This my classmate dey busy since morning dey mop Fidelity at the lowest price. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
swilo:

Bonanza is Chibuking to decide.

Atiku vs Buhari (IMO rules out political / election related instability by a great margin).

Any bonanza will largely depend on reactions to Q3 results.

Yeah....

The whole downtrend was presumed to be caused by 3 main factors; elections, US rate hikes and emerging markets sell off due to trade wars.

For election, Atiku vs Buhari suggests less political tensions that could lead to any significant panic, going forward.

Any further US rate hikes or emerging markets sell off might not even have much effect on the NSE again, as most of the foreign investors seem to have already left.

Given the current situations, some stability is expected and we might not see that bonanza we have been waiting for.
Nevertheless, market is still likely to fall, especially in November, when all the Q3 excitement dies down.

Starting to cherry-pick cautiously is not a bad idea, but I wouldn’t dive in yet.

NB: I may be wrong o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2018
musty00:

Yeah....

The whole downtrend was presumed to be caused by 3 main factors; elections, US rate hikes and emerging markets sell off due to trade wars.

For election, Atiku vs Buhari suggests less political tensions that could lead to any significant panic, going forward.

Any further US rate hikes or emerging markets sell off might not even have much effect on the NSE again, as most of the foreign investors seem to have already left.

Given the current situations, some stability is expected and we might not see that bonanza we have been waiting for.
Nevertheless, market is still likely to fall, especially in November, when all the Q3 excitement dies down.

Starting to cherry-pick cautiously is not a bad idea, but I wouldn’t dive in yet.

NB: I may be wrong o

you actually made sense...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 09, 2018
^^^
So much sense
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 09, 2018
It not only atiku, Buhari up against some pretty people.. now left to Nigerians to choose wisely.
The first 2 mmm
Lemme go and continue reading...

#Bonaza grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:19am On Oct 09, 2018
Yayira:
It not only atiku, Buhari up against some pretty people.. now left to Nigerians to choose wisely.
The first 2 mmm
Lemme go and continue reading...

#Bonaza grin

Oga pls go to politics thread to do this Abeg

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2018
... Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/17#71918555
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2018
Transcorp

- 1.30 resistance remains
- sellers are eager here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2018
NIGERIA STOCK MARKET GENERAL COMMENT/MSCI NIGERIA PORTFOLIO MOVEMENT - AS AT 8
OCTOBER 2018

Again on 8th October 2018 MSCI no movement in MSCI Portfolio. We can confirm from http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=NGE

Market still bearish, very limited opportunity for any big move. Best is to keep our emotions under control. If it was before I would have been tempted to start buying some equities that has falling drastically in prices (all in the name of buying value, but I know that may be buying Valium).

See below, I could have bought Honeywell flour, but the moving averages are telling me “Red Flag”, don’t enter), the gap between the moving averages is screaming- price on full down trend. Trading with moving averages and candlestics looks so simple, but alas we all ignore simple things [/b]and[b] look to complicate things for ourselves (I forgive myself of my old sins in this respect as I was equally guilty then, can you imagine that I stayed put in Skye due to very low PE ratio, or is it KILL IT RATIO since the bank is now dead).

For today expected high and low will be: High 32486.44 [/b]low at [b]32393.41

In view of the fact that some additional information on our postings will now be added, you can check our twitter handle “Target Technical Analysis”.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan).

N:B

1. Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who doubts the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

2. The fund will still hold some equity, the terms of service states this. Thus no matter the condition of the market, it will not liquidate to Zero. This is an equity fund investing in the Nigeria market.

3. You cannot bear losses like the fund. The pocket of the fund is too deep. Therefore, as an individual you are not suppose to be in the market during the stock market crash. Before or during the crash, reduce your holding.

4. If you are seeing this type of data on MSCI for the first time. You may need to verify the figures. Go to my previous posts (https://www.nairaland.com/yok/posts), you will see the various sources where the data can be verified.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2018
fxuser:
Transcorp

- 1.30 resistance remains
- sellers are eager here

Transcorp (example)
Daily:
https://invst.ly/8thi4

Ichimoku students like moi
- SP unable to break above the kumo (price rejection at senkou span b)
- TK remains above the FLAT Kijun BUT within d cloud
- Kumo twist also spotted

Text book reminder:

''In its most basic interpretation, when price is trading above the kumo, that is a bullish signal since it indicates current price is higher than the historical average. Likewise, if price is trading below the kumo, that indicates that bearish sentiment is stronger. If price is trading within the kumo, that indicates a loss of trend since the space between the kumo boundaries is the ultimate expression of equilibrium or stasis. The informed Ichimoku practitioner will normally first consult price's relationship to the kumo in order to get their initial view on a chart's sentiment. From a trading perspective, the Ichimoku chartist will also always wait for price to situate itself on the correct side of the kumo (above for long trades and below for short trades) on their chosen execution time frame before initiating any trades. If price is trading within the kumo, then they will wait to make any trades until it closes above/below the kumo '' end quote

Dis:
- i enjoy learning and studying price action using Ichimoku Kinko Hyo and trendlines
- apologies ahead to those who see dis as parables , pls ignore .

#RemainBlessed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2018
yok:
NIGERIA STOCK MARKET GENERAL COMMENT/MSCI NIGERIA PORTFOLIO MOVEMENT - AS AT 8
OCTOBER 2018

Again on 8th October 2018 MSCI no movement in MSCI Portfolio. We can confirm from http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=NGE

Market still bearish, very limited opportunity for any big move. Best is to keep our emotions under control. If it was before I would have been tempted to start buying some equities that has falling drastically in prices (all in the name of buying value, but I know that may be buying Valium).

See below, I could have bought Honeywell flour, but the moving averages are telling me “Red Flag”, don’t enter), the gap between the moving averages is screaming- price on full down trend. Trading with moving averages and candlestics looks so simple, but alas we all ignore simple things [/b]and[b] look to complicate things for ourselves (I forgive myself of my old sins in this respect as I was equally guilty then, can you imagine that I stayed put in Skye due to very low PE ratio, or is it KILL IT RATIO since the bank is now dead).

For today expected high and low will be: High 32486.44 [/b]low at [b]32393.41

In view of the fact that some additional information on our postings will now be added, you can check our twitter handle “Target Technical Analysis”.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan).

N:B

1. Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who doubts the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

2. The fund will still hold some equity, the terms of service states this. Thus no matter the condition of the market, it will not liquidate to Zero. This is an equity fund investing in the Nigeria market.

3. You cannot bear losses like the fund. The pocket of the fund is too deep. Therefore, as an individual you are not suppose to be in the market during the stock market crash. Before or during the crash, reduce your holding.

4. If you are seeing this type of data on MSCI for the first time. You may need to verify the figures. Go to my previous posts (https://www.nairaland.com/yok/posts), you will see the various sources where the data can be verified.

- nice one always
- nge is very skewed towards big caps (same goes for ngeasi)
- GTbank , Nestle , Nbrew make up 45%
- add Zenith to above, dats will be ard 54%
- while UBA, Dangcem, FBN , Stanbic , Ecobank , Guinness account for under 27%

- d bearish struggle continues #nbst
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2018
To Diamond Bank faithfuls,

Diamond Bank is trying to use gear 5 to climb a very steep hill.. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2018
aremso:

Oga pls go to politics thread to do this Abeg

You wey you comment and those wey follow you like am una need sugar for una life..

NSE at this time of the year got political/election sentiment surrounding it so relax.. You’ll be see more political post because it’s one of the things that has been affecting the market.

Anything wey dey disturb our market we go discuss am here.. get use to it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2018
Yayira:

You wey you comment and those wey follow you like am una need sugar for una life..

NSE at this time of the year got political/election sentiment surrounding it so relax.. You’ll be see more political post because it’s one of the things that has been affecting the market.

Anything wey dey disturb our market we go discuss am here.. get use to it.
is like the market is not Atikulating ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adigizia: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
I need a broker please, please WhatsApp me on this number +2459032364
Born2beRich1:
Also if you check the stock picks i posted last week you will notice that they are doing well now as bids are high...Am currently checking on the volume of transactions on the banking stocks and it is relatively good and high...The time is right but remember to shine your eyes, keep your ears on ground for information and follow your investment properly..

NB: The mistake most people made especially in 2008 was that they didnt have any info on the company of the stock they were buying ( whether the company was healthy or not)...

A good business man/woman should try to know details about the company he or she is investing so as not to enter into a train carrying a time bomb..

Aways check the nigerian daily newspapers to keep yourself updated about the market...my 5kobo advise..

Please more contributions will be appreciated...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
is like the market is not Atikulating ooo

The market is still LIFELESS.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

grin
DeRuggedProf:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinssan(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
Which news wan carry this market out of the noise wey surround am self...

Ha...this market should behave now?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
This market is suffering from ELEPHANTIASIS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
BELL riging............

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
EKUU MKT O

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
aremso , chibuking how far?

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
maishai:
As 2mrw clocks,lets try and leave politics out of this thread.Recent happenings have shown elections in this country are not won in newsmedia or online on social networks, who will win will win as it is not by our votes.
Anyway how long do we still wait for bonanza period.... Something tells m3 it will come after elections

I wan reply this oga before but remembered now as I dey see posts on politics.
Sir, did you know you contradicted yourself here too. cheesy
Is it possible not to mention politics when we know market reactions depends on it?
Although, I think the discussion should be stock market related.

*One wailer that was complaining few days ago should better get used to off-stock discussion during this election period or better still, let 'her' stay away from social media in the rehab 'she' is presently lodging, till after election*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Mpeace:
This my classmate dey busy since morning dey mop Fidelity at the lowest price. Lol.
Mop for where? I wan buy before but as I see say buyers no wan buy at higher price, I come join the support group too. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3987) (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) ... (7865) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BullBearMkt(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.