Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,664 members, 7,902,077 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11247939 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4551) (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) ... (7919) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2019
onegentleguy:

On the part in bold, Reuters seem to in agreement though;

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-mtn-group/south-africas-mtn-registers-nigerian-business-shares-before-listing-idUSKCN1SD15G

"LAGOS (Reuters) - MTN has registered more than 20 billion shares of its $5 billion Nigerian business before its planned listing of the unit in the West African nation, the South African telecoms firm said on Tuesday.

It announced the move shortly after a judge cleared Africa’s biggest telecoms firm on Tuesday of missing a deadline to file a challenge against a $2 billion tax demand, the latest row with the authorities to beset MTN’s Nigerian business.

MTN argues that the attorney general exceeded his power when he issued the backdated tax demand in September. State lawyers had filed a case saying MTN did not file its challenge in time.

MTN Nigeria said after the judge’s ruling it had registered to list 20.4 billion ordinary shares at 0.02 naira ($0.0001) each with Nigeria’s securities regulator, before listing the business that MTN valued at about $5 billion last year.

“We have achieved another milestone in our listing process,” MTN Nigeria Chief Executive Ferdi Moolman said in a statement.
The company said it had started talks with the stock exchange to complete the listing and would meet investors to discuss the plans on May 16.

It has previously said it did not plan to raise funds from investors immediately via the listing.

Nigeria is MTN’s biggest market, with 58 million users in 2018 and accounting for a third of the firm’s annual core profit. But the business has faced challenges in Nigeria, ranging from the tax demand to a fine over unregistered SIM cards.

MTN had said in 2016 it planned to list its local unit on the Nigerian Stock Exchange after agreeing to pay a $1.7 billion fine to settle the SIM card dispute with the government.
It previously said it planned to list in the first half of 2019.

In the tax case, a hearing into whether the auditor general acted within his rights is scheduled for June 26.

“MTN maintains that it is fully compliant with Nigerian tax laws. The company remains committed to meeting its fiscal responsibilities and contributing to the social and economic development of Nigeria,” MTN said after Tuesday’s ruling.

In the commercial capital Lagos, lawyers for the opposing sides had argued over whether or not the telecoms firm responded to the tax bill within the three-month period stipulated by law. The judge ruled that said MTN had responded in 19 days.

In a separate case, MTN agreed in December to make a $53 million payment to resolve a dispute over dividend repatriation.

MTN shares in Johannesburg were up 0.7 percent at 104.37 rand by 1338 GMT."
. wahala dey o. if na 20billion units they won start off listing with then I have my fears.. what is the share outstanding of nestle uptill date?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 5:10pm On May 07, 2019
Yayira:

All na wash..to keep people for work.. grin grin

Thanks for the words on that image you uploaded. It is so on point.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2019
PETERiCHY:

TONY and his TRANSCORPSE shellholders.

BARGAIN ; HUNTERS TAKENOTE!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 5:17pm On May 07, 2019
chei!!!! NSE All share index may go below 29,000 tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:26pm On May 07, 2019
yom2:
if u watch closely u know am among the most tolerant here.. I hardly pick quarrels but that doesn't mean I should be at home with fanatism
Okay. Only that you do make it sound as if its Nsempas that are manipulating prices on the exchange.
Just trying to let you know that opinions here does not have major impact on the exchange or in stocks generally, as you may believe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 5:29pm On May 07, 2019
STOjo:

So with all this experience. What do you think about NSE. Does it worth 100% dedication?
Have you lost or gain more in your years of trading and investing?

Thank you.

Frankly to answer that question, I started reluctantly as a teenager under the tutelage of my father so I will discount those years that I bought basically what he compelled me to buy because na him supply the money.

In the second phase of my investing life, I have made more than I have lost but have not yet doubled invested capital.

Curious things I have noted from keeping detailed records on all trades in past 3 years are that

1. Just about 20% of my trade/investment go the way I plan it.
2. About 30% cause me serious losses. Before I used to hold on and hope for positive reversals but effective 2017 i just sell them off and move on. I can come back to them at a later date.
3. Another 30% to 40% are lukewarm. Neither here no there. Just coasting, sometimes dividend, sometimes non.
4. 10% to 15% are where I earned mega returns and frankly this was pure chance rather than any insight or tradeing strategy. Example for 2018 was Diamond Bank and i was just a couple of days short of selling before the acquisition news broke. 2019 case is Dangflour that I didn't sell just because it was in a special account in CSCS and just hadn't gotten round to moving it to a broker.

So in all, just about 30%-35% of my trades make serious returns to offset losses or indifference from the other 65% to 70%.

Strange but true. I trust there are experts here with more stellar returns and success ratios who can educate us. However as I go to third phase of my investing life, I have observed and developed nuggets which may or may not help improve return ratios. Will share later.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:29pm On May 07, 2019
rebekah2011:
Picked small of Zenith at 20.55 today, not bad for a stock that will likely pay N2.80 in 2019. Looking at picking UBA too. N6.50 will be a good price for a stock that will likely pay 85kobo next year.

That is really an Old man way of doing things slow and steady
and not the fast and furious of nowadays people

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:32pm On May 07, 2019
The stock is valued between 80-85 naira per share. Dangote Cement has about 17b shares and it is selling for N181. The PAT of Mtn Nigeria for 2018 was N453b. It is poised to go higher this year, it, therefore, suggests that the outstanding shares are not too large.
yom2:
. wahala dey o. if na 20billion units they won start off listing with then I have my fears.. what is the share outstanding of nestle uptill date?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:35pm On May 07, 2019
Nice one. Please share the 3rd stage asap.
Onuokwu:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:36pm On May 07, 2019
Yes ooooo. Imagine if one can build a tidy and healthy portfolio that return good dividends every year.
robobo:

That is really an Old man way of doing things slow and steady
and not the fast and furious of nowadays people

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:39pm On May 07, 2019
rebekah2011:
The stock is valued between 80-85 naira per share. Dangote Cement has about 17b shares and it is selling for N181. The PAT of Mtn Nigeria for 2018 was N453b. It is poised to go higher this year, it, therefore, suggests that the outstanding shares are not too large.

Hello Chief.

if u numbers are right it implied a P/E of abt 4. Kindly corect me if i am wrong also would appreciate if you give insight into what the P/BV looks like and also div yield should in case u a privy to same

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:44pm On May 07, 2019
rebekah2011:
Yes ooooo. Imagine if one can build a tidy and healthy portfolio that return good dividends every year.

its quite possible if one really make use of recent downturns. 10-13% dividend yield and disposing whenever you see price run ahead of value to restart again with same stock.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 5:47pm On May 07, 2019
so i can see dat the pumpers pumping transcorpse last week are not talking again d scam is finished now.

new shell holders have been createed. dat is wat u ppl dey do fo hia....confuse investors dey make shell holders...make dem invest in dead cos.

dis place na evil residence bring pastor come spray holy water optop such ppl fo hia

jesus is watching ....god go punish you

yo mama toto will not find rest

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 5:54pm On May 07, 2019
Michael11stock:
Chams acting same pattern like Japaul. all money going to courtville same cabal una well done ooo grin

You better leave story and join the bus.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 07, 2019
austinkenneth:
chei!!!! NSE All share index may go below 29,000 tomorrow

dat 28k is a stonge support. but it calls for causion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 6:02pm On May 07, 2019
tritritri:

dat 28k is a stonge support. but it calls for causion.

If that support is broken, who knows what will happen.

NSE and Village people working hand in hand since 2009
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 07, 2019
More bad news ..More bull here .

Japaul Operations Under Serious Threat
https://businesspost.ng/2019/05/07/japaul-operations-under-serious-threat/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2019
STOjo:

So with all this experience. What do you think about NSE. Does it worth 100% dedication?
Have you lost or gain more in your years of trading and investing?

Thank you.
Thank you for this interesting question. Before I answer it, permit me to narrate the story a little further so as to serve as a clearer premise to my answer.
What really attracted me to UNIONDAC were
1. Its prospective FA which I read on Stockwatch and were quite factual and compelling.
2. Professional Sentiments as in the fact that I am of the medical field hence I felt some professional solidarity and sympathy for the company.
After successfully subscribing for the UNIONDAC private placement, I went back home singing and dancing not knowing that it was just a flash in the pan.
Few weeks later, CHAMS private placement followed but I didn't get to hear about it until the very closing day hence I couldn't buy. This pained me to the bone not knowing that I actually escaped a trap. But here I am today with the same CHAMS having given me over 150% within less than four weeks that I bought it for the first time ever, while UNIONDAC captured me only to release me after 11 years by selling it for N0.39 when the Dollar had risen to N360 against the Naira despite buying at a weighted average of N1.20 at a time the Dollar was just N150.
If anything happens to really take CHAMS to N1.20 as being sentimentally speculated, then I will have successfully evened out on all the school fees I have ever paid since I started stock investment in 2004.
Now my overview based on all my experiences:

1. No stock is worth falling in love with for any reason whatsoever on earth as long as it is not your father's company.

2. Long term investment philosophy on NSE is pure suicide mission.

3. Take any momentary profit opportunity that falls on any stock in your portfolio regardless of how tiny the percentage is as long as it bellies your stockbroker's commission. Compared with staying on a stock for months and years hunting dividends, this practice actually gives you far more profit within a shorter time as it is a path of compound interest.

4. There is no particular winning formula on NSE. There might be such on NASDAQ, Daw Jones, etc; but not on NSE at least for now.

5. Never rely too much on FA except foreing investors are fully present on NSE.

6. Play the game as you see it being played rather than as you think it should be ideally played. While a commitment to ideals is good, unfortunately reality is not dictated by it.

7. Then most importantly, always be on the lookout for the next news of takeover of an ailing company on NSE, buy the stock, but never let the euphoria of the appreciation that follows make you buy a mattress for it.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:25pm On May 07, 2019
stcool:
I have moved into Dangote Flour... 4 destination N26.00 if una no buy Olams go pay me off.

Meanwhile I continue accumulating CHAMS until N2.00

My portfolio:
CHAMS
DF
Fidelity

I wished you fanned this flames when the price was still .20k.... Im off chams a long time ago.......... I no envy you....... If anyone plans on holding on to Chams...... always cross reference stanbic nominees holdings.... If those guys sell, just Ja.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2019
edwardaigb:

One of the funniest joke this year, thank God you no end up for Igbobi.
Thanks for the care. How would I have explained it if it had ended that way? With how I later got out of UNIONDAC I came to understand that the race is not really for the swift neither is the battle really for the mighty.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:28pm On May 07, 2019
Yayira:

My brother!! No be even today e get center parting..!
Na so we see am o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:32pm On May 07, 2019
laydap:

The MTN par value is the 2k but listing price should be in the range of N80 - N90 going by the guidance of $5billion valuation indicated. This will be approx. N1.8Trillion market cap and potentially close to 15% of NSE total market cap.

The Scam has already started...... If you are a retail investor better let Patience be your hallmark, #90 for a .02k stock, How much Dividend can a .02k stock earn you in the first 5 years...... Na uninformed people will rush into this.........

dont forget MTN is fresh from paying a huge fine to the Nigerian Government.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 6:38pm On May 07, 2019
tritritri:

More bad news ..More bull here .

Japaul Operations Under Serious Threat
https://businesspost.ng/2019/05/07/japaul-operations-under-serious-threat/
Read it carefully, better still read from PROSHARE, their article is more detailed and less sensational.

Japaul Plc’s Access Bank Burden: Excessive Charges Unhinge Relationship As FHC Vacates Mareva Order https://www.proshareng.com/news/Frauds---Scandals/Japaul-Plc%E2%80%99s-Access-Bank-Burden--Exces/45215

The case of Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc, who acknowledges the debt owed its bankers, Access Bank Plc but has a higher counter-claim as evidenced by the forensic report is the latest. The company has been under a MAREVA order obtained by the bank since January 15, 2019 that has all but crippled the ability of the listed entity to function as a viable going concern.

Today, the Federal High Court (FHC) in the Lagos Judicial Division before Justice C. J. Aneke, recently won a court judgment against its banker Access Bank Plc over wherein it challenged the MAREVA order successfully.

Enter The Forensic Audit

To validate its internal accounting findings, the board of Japaul approved for a forensic audit to be commissioned and engaged the services of the reputable firm of Messrs Forensic Consulting whose report was received in July 2018. The report according to the marine service company showed that Japaul had been the subject of alleged excessive bank charges to [b]the sum of N18.7bn and $94m [/b]through a review of its transaction history with the bank.

Matters in Contention

Japaul claimed in the court papers that it had approached Access Bank to complain about the exorbitant charges it noticed in its corporate account with the bank after an internal financial audit. The company requested that the excess charges be reversed and duly credited back into its account.

Recall that in Guaranty Trust Bank Plc v. Innoson Nig. Ltd.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:40pm On May 07, 2019
I wish all this MTN hype will just make FBNH fall to #2.90 make I reload...... I have swallowed all the lööt i made from fbnh about 4 yrs ago, the 1 unit remaining in my portfolio is a constant reminder of when i had good times with this stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2019
maishai:

I wished you fanned this flames when the price was still .20k.... Im off chams a long time ago.......... I no envy you....... If anyone plans on holding on to Chams...... always cross reference stanbic nominees holdings.... If those guys sell, just Ja.......

CHAMS will hit N2.00...this year. Those that have patience should wait and watch. If you enter a good stock running up... Wait and enjoy the momentum.

Don't be in a hurry to sell your winners! How many Companies in Nigeria can turn around from a loss like the way this company did. And the founder spoke interns why and where those losses came from.

The day we hit N1.00 , then N2.00 will be in not more than a week or 2 weeks trade.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:53pm On May 07, 2019
Onuokwu:

Frankly to answer that question, I started reluctantly as a teenager under the tutelage of my father so I will discount those years that I bought basically what he compelled me to buy because na him supply the money.

In the second phase of my investing life, I have made more than I have lost but have not yet doubled invested capital.

Curious things I have noted from keeping detailed records on all trades in past 3 years are that

1. Just about 20% of my trade/investment go the way I plan it.
2. About 30% cause me serious losses. Before I used to hold on and hope for positive reversals but effective 2017 i just sell them off and move on. I can come back to them at a later date.
3. Another 30% to 40% are lukewarm. Neither here no there. Just coasting, sometimes dividend, sometimes non.
4. 10% to 15% are where I earned mega returns and frankly this was pure chance rather than any insight or tradeing strategy. Example for 2018 was Diamond Bank and i was just a couple of days short of selling before the acquisition news broke. 2019 case is Dangflour that I didn't sell just because it was in a special account in CSCS and just hadn't gotten round to moving it to a broker.

So in all, just about 30%-35% of my trades make serious returns to offset losses or indifference from the other 65% to 70%.

Strange but true. I trust there are experts here with more stellar returns and success ratios who can educate us. However as I go to third phase of my investing life, I have observed and developed nuggets which may or may not help improve return ratios. Will share later.
These are the kind of experiences /statements we need here, kudos sir, what an expository/guidance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 7:02pm On May 07, 2019
rebekah2011:
Picked small of Zenith at 20.55 today, not bad for a stock that will likely pay N2.80 in 2019. Looking at picking UBA too. N6.50 will be a good price for a stock that will likely pay 85kobo next year.

Chai, Oga you sabi do ofofo o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:04pm On May 07, 2019
cornwall:
Recall that in Guaranty Trust Bank Plc v. Innoson Nig. Ltd.
So, in essence, you're saying.................... we should play on with J ? lipsrsealed grin
....but its better to watch market reaction first. smiley

Caveat updated: Nobody should quote me, na kwesion I ask cornwall. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:16pm On May 07, 2019
PharmAlfred:

Since the good ones no gree pay, make I kuku begin look for the bad ones. I might be lucky.

Laugh wan ke me o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:37pm On May 07, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 7:42pm On May 07, 2019
maishai:

As safe as your advise is which is commendable, at times institutional investors ain't always right in their timing too.
Or better still they are trading their own plan.
The bolded reminds me of their role in Presco years back.
They invested in Presco at N5/share and cashed out at N30.
On their exit, Presco galloped to N80/share.
Las las, everybody plan your trade and trade your plan.
Opari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4551) (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) ... (7919) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ofp1, freeman67, LixSz, purity2all(m), Cation(m), ogoo4real, YourCoffin, otunbablacq and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.