Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,766 members, 7,979,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:15 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11709119 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4561) (4562) (4563) (4564) (4565) (4566) (4567) ... (8300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 3:18am On May 12, 2019
FBNH: https://naija247news.com/2019/05/11/firstbank-hits-n1-trillion-in-transactions-processed-through-its-firstmonie-network/

This is positive news coming from First Bank. It shows their transformation journey is on track
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 3:21am On May 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:
Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano state, has appointed four new emirs in the state.

The appointment comes 48 hours after he assented to a bill to split Kano emirate into five.

The new emirs are Aminu Ado Bayero (Bichi), Ibrahim Abdulkadir (Gaya), Tafida Abubakar (Rano), and Ibrahim Abubakar (Karaye).

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-ganduje-appoints-new-emirs

10yrs ago Sanusi with his arrogant nature was busy BALKANIZING the banking sector to the detriment of SHAREHOLDERS and BANK STAFFS.

Today KARMA opened his BOOK and his kingdom is BALKANIZED grin

Allah knows best. May the righteous prevail and may the just reign for the good of our people.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teezpee: 8:41am On May 12, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
transcorp with over 40 billion shares outstanding and they are still ready to increase it.it is only in Nigeria we see this type of companies.you create shares you can not control!I tell you if zenith had say 2 billion shares,with all this result,100 naira straight.one cold beer for you abeg.

Just thinking, do we have any rule in Nigeria that prevent companies from share buyback?

What we see around here is share reconstruction...whenever companies have messed up with large shares outstanding.

Will like to be tutored on this please...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STOjo: 8:49am On May 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:
Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano state, has appointed four new emirs in the state.

The appointment comes 48 hours after he assented to a bill to split Kano emirate into five.

The new emirs are Aminu Ado Bayero (Bichi), Ibrahim Abdulkadir (Gaya), Tafida Abubakar (Rano), and Ibrahim Abubakar (Karaye).

10yrs ago Sanusi with his arrogant nature was busy BALKANIZING the banking sector to the detriment of SHAREHOLDERS and BANK STAFFS.

While I agree with your position and feelings on how Sanusi scattered Oceanic and my beloved Intercontinental bank. Intercontinental actually transform the banking system in Nigeria to a level then. However, I disagree with what Ganduje is doing but let's wait and see the outcome.
I thought Ganduje should have learn from his in-law, the constituted authority. Well, let's wait and see.
Afterall, "Gambari pa Fulani o lejo inu" i.e. Wetin concern Chukwudi with Aboki's fight, na family matter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 10:58am On May 12, 2019
How come IGUODALA, THE BASKETBALLER IS A MEMBER OF BOARD OF JUMIA?

Anyway...e no concern me...but what i have always asked is why would Jumia make money in Nigeria and list in US? They have already scammed Iguodala and co...destroying NIGERIA PERCEPTION IN THE PROCESS..This is how markets work....perhaps if Jumia had listed in Nigeria...these frauds found...the price would keep rising...we really have a problem...

Advice- never buy IPO including MTN...allow for some reasonable time

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2019
teezpee:

Just thinking, do we have any rule in Nigeria that prevent companies from share buyback?

What we see around here is share reconstruction...whenever companies have messed up with large shares outstanding.

Na company wet get money fit buy back. Transcorp with all its debts cannot afford to be buying back at this point in time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2019
BrokerHaruna:
FBNH: https://naija247news.com/2019/05/11/firstbank-hits-n1-trillion-in-transactions-processed-through-its-firstmonie-network/

This is positive news coming from First Bank. It shows their transformation journey is on track
. ok but until that translates to about 3naira dividend for share holders it is still another flash in the pan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:09pm On May 12, 2019
yom2:
. ok but until that translates to about 3naira dividend for share holders it is still another flash in the pan
Money that would be moved to impairment charges. It would not even reflect in thier PAT.

Fbnh need to take care of their NPLs first...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 1:12pm On May 12, 2019
teezpee:

do u know that some companies has not paid dividend for a while in the the u.s but their share price stands like a rock, some are selling for over 500 dollars. even investors always pray for little volatility in such companies cos they know it ll quickly bounce back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 1:38pm On May 12, 2019
millennium2012:
Analysts declare Jumia a “fraud” sinking its share price:

https://nairametrics.com/2019/05/10/analysts-declare-jumia-a-fraud-sinking-its-share-price/

Personally I returned about 3 orders at the beginning of the year for sending me wrong sizes and wrong items... And that has slowed me down from using their platform.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2019
STOjo:

While I agree with your position and feelings on how Sanusi scattered Oceanic and my beloved Intercontinental bank. Intercontinental actually transform the banking system in Nigeria to a level then. However, I disagree with what Ganduje is doing but let's wait and see the outcome.
I thought Ganduje should have learn from his in-law, the constituted authority. Well, let's wait and see.
Afterall, "Gambari pa Fulani o lejo inu" i.e. Wetin concern Chukwudi with Aboki's fight, na family matter.

Cecelia ibru rightnow grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:22pm On May 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:

What goes around really comes around.
I recall when Sanusi Lamido set for Bank PHB, Spring Bank and Afribank a recapitalization deadline, and while shareholders and boards of those banks were busy making highly spirited efforts to find interested foreign investors amidst consideration of rights issue or other forms of strategy, he just one day woke up from the wrong side of his bed two clear months to the deadline and withdrew their licences all of a sudden. When asked why such preemption, his excuse was that he had seen it ahead that they would not be able to meet up with the deadline even if allowed to elapse. Talk of a man who couldn't obey a rule he made entirely by himself without any one else's input. He was just too arrogant all through his tenure as CBN governor. He frequently lost focus and delved into politics while on seat even as CBN boss.
That brazen act of lawlessness on his part eroded about 35% of my portfolio value. But here we are today with 80% of Sanusi's Emirate eroded from under him by Ganduje in a similar manner.
What a small world!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:17pm On May 12, 2019
Deadlytruth:

What goes around really comes around.
I recall when Sanusi Lamido set for Bank PHB, Spring Bank and Afribank a recapitalization deadline, and while shareholders and boards of those banks were busy making highly spirited efforts to find interested foreign investors amidst consideration of rights issue or other forms of strategy, he just one day woke up from the wrong side of his bed two clear months to the deadline and withdrew their licences all of a sudden. When asked why such preemption, his excuse was that he had seen it ahead that they would not be able to meet up with the deadline even if allowed to elapse. Talk of a man who couldn't obey a rule he made entirely by himself without any one else's input. He was just too arrogant all through his tenure as CBN governor. He frequently lost focus and delved into politics while on seat even as CBN boss.
That brazen act of lawlessness on his part eroded about 35% of my portfolio value. But here we are today with 80% of Sanusi's Emirate eroded from under him by Ganduje in a similar manner.
What a small world!

SLS committed that sacrilege on Aug 5th 2011. whereas he gave Sept 31st 2011 as deadline for bank recapitalisation. Myself lost a fortune in BANKPHB.

Following the creation of four new emirates by Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, the Emir of Kano's daughter, took to Instagram to bare her mind.

In the post which has, though been taken down but reposted by her sister, Princess Fulani Siddika, Shahida described Governor Ganduje as "Kano's worst curse"

In yet another post, Shahida wrote "The moment a king decides to restrict himself for fear of losing power, he dethrones himself..."

Obviously in agreement with the whole post, Fulani Sidikka, wrote:

"I don't have anything more to say actually! My sister said it all"

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/Ganduje-Is-Kanos-Worst-Curse-Sanusi-Daughter-Princess-Shahida-Sanusi.html
Emir Sanusi’s son, Adam Lamido Sanusi (Ashraf) who spoke on the splitting of Kano Emirate that has sparked controversy lately, has stated that it will only stand if the governor’s motives were pure.Emir Sanusi's son who spoke on the splitting of Kano emirate via Instagram, revealed that his father was being attacked because of his blunt stance on issues.

His post reads in part;

Do not hate anyone because they favour the other as they may not fully comprehend what is happening. Let us be fair, let us work hard at our own lives and pray Allah handles the rest. Between the Emir and the Governor whoever is right, we pray succeeds, my father speaks what is on his mind when he believes he should, I do not believe he is wrong for this. If he is dethroned/ reduced in status then I still wish that for my people, you get a right and just leader like him. If he is increased I still wish that he continues to be just. May Allah give us the best of outcomes for our people. Ameen.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/11/emir-sanusis-son-speaks-on-splitting-of-kano-emirate-says-he-wants-the-best/

*Monarch May Face Court Action Over ‘Questionable’ Spending
*How Ganduje Presented Sanusi with 3 Options Gov: *New Emirates Can’t Be Reversed

The creation of additional emirates in Kano State on Wednesday may not be the last turbulence coming the way of the Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II, as an ongoing probe by the state government’s anti-corruption agency could lead to charges being filed against the monarch, Daily Trust on Sunday has gathered.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/more-troubles-for-emir-sanusi.html

So SLS children should better stop complaining,
It's now their turn to taste the bitter pill of INJUSTICE their father arrogantly melted to Nigeria & Nigerians during his reign as CBN boss. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:00pm On May 12, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:42pm On May 12, 2019
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2019/CCD/CBN%20Press%20Release12052019pdf.pdf

Pls be rightly informed and be guided accordingly !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 10:34pm On May 12, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:12pm On May 12, 2019
Valueinvestor:

Am not too sure if there are any for now. But for now honestly this is the place to be (A lot of rich minds here). It used to be fun/enlightening those days comparing post from SMN and NSEMPA. However there are also good/very educative websites like easykobo, proshare, nairametrics, business post. Which may be of help

Thanks. God bless you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 11:47pm On May 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:

Cecelia ibru rightnow grin grin grin

Mr. Peter, I think what SLS did an excellent job with the banks then, irrespective of what has befallen him and his kingdom today, what he did then was expedient. If not for him, we'll not have anything called an economy or stock market today.

On the rebuttal by the CBN, no matter how they sugarcoat it, there is something amiss. The lines of the defense do not match the content of the conversation. The matter is beyond loan classification by the external auditors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:33am On May 13, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
https://nairametrics.com/2019/05/10/analysts-declare-jumia-a-fraud-sinking-its-share-price/

Of course we know it’s fraud...MTN looking for ways to dump their shares on unsuspecting investors..reminds me of multilinks too... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:26am On May 13, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 13 MAY 2019

MSCI Nigeria on 10 May 2019 maintained a clean slate. Trend of the market still down.

I just observed that there may be another version of looking at the market which would have prevent many of us from jumping to the market at the wrong time. Adding this “Trend Life Cycle” to our stock selection idea will definitely do us good.

For example Caverton is currently in stage 3 (likely to move to stage 4). For Fidelity, it is definitely in stage 1, meaning there is hope.
We will continue from here tomorrow.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget[url][/url]) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 10:48am On May 13, 2019
Northeastern:

Mr. Peter, I think what SLS did an excellent job with the banks then, irrespective of what has befallen him and his kingdom today, what he did then was expedient. If not for him, we'll not have anything called an economy or stock market today.

On the rebuttal by the CBN, no matter how they sugarcoat it, there is something amiss. The lines of the defense do not match the content of the conversation. The matter is beyond loan classification by the external auditors.

You mean he did well with his selective hence obviously vendetta driven approach 'reforms'? He did well by flouting the recapitalization deadline he himself set for three banks thus deceiving and fooling their shareholders into a wild goose chase for foreign investors? It seems you weren't a victim of any of his rash, erratic and irrational decisions as CBN governor.
Do you know that some pensioners had all of their life savings invested in those three banks (especially Afribank being of their generation) he nationalized before his own deadline? Put yourself in their shoes and see if you would appraise the situation as you are doing now.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by profem1(m): 11:30am On May 13, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 11:30am On May 13, 2019
Hope this Emefiele Audio release will not in anyway impact the stock market negatively?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:40am On May 13, 2019
Coolcash1:

Of course we know it’s fraud...MTN looking for ways to dump their shares on unsuspecting investors..reminds me of multilinks too... grin

The dumping part is not even my pain, it is the fact that once minority shellholders come in all the beautiful numbers will disappear... Admin expenses blow up, all sought of loans and expenses will spring up.

We end up financing the lifestyle of the reckless management. They don't regards us

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:39pm On May 13, 2019
its raining

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 13, 2019
robobo:
its raining

better rain ooh....everyone is no where to be found.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:53pm On May 13, 2019
tritritri:

better rain ooh....everyone is no where to be found.

My broda the rain is still heavy im waiting for it to slow down to drizzling so i can enter and get wet a little bit because if one enter this heavy one the kindly cold wey go catch person no go be small.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 13, 2019
Am still surprised why a FBN go dey trade at 7.25 and zenith dey trade 19.80.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2019
otokx:
Hope this Emefiele Audio release will not in anyway impact the stock market negatively?

So if you are a foreign investors and you heard that CBN is looking for 120billion to plug a hole in their account, Won't you run and ask question later

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2019
tritritri:
Am still surprised why a FBN go dey trade at 7.25 and zenith dey trade 19.80.

With this CBN leaked audio conversation ZENITH BANK will trade below N10. they are birds of same feather.

Bookmark this post.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 1:02pm On May 13, 2019
tritritri:

better rain ooh.... everyone is no where to be found .

Are you still here waiting for a miracle? You better go and find a day job oooo.

My oga hired a new driver last week that will be assisting me while supplying "pure water" to customers. I found out this morning say the person na Chief Loco!.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 13, 2019
[quote author=mendes911 post=78352948]

Are you still here waiting for a miracle? You better go and find a day job oooo.

My oga hired a new driver last week that will be assisting me while supplying "pure water" to customers. I found out this morning say the person na Chief Loco!.

It is well. [/quote

grin grin grin grin

You must be lucky to be out of the market ..kai..locodemy has deleted his acct... e remain tritritr

(1) (2) (3) ... (4561) (4562) (4563) (4564) (4565) (4566) (4567) ... (8300) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekkywolex(m), Raider76, Salvationone, chuksnnaemeka, Utalinmou, mikeapollo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.