Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,769 members, 7,924,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 02:19 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11374931 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) (4814) ... (8017) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:54am On Aug 31, 2019
Chibuking81:

What happened, it didn't take minimum of 3 weeks again?, no man/woman knows it all. What someone don't know is bigger than him/her. cool
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/27462_U_B_A_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_AUGUST_2019.pdf

They might have submitted the result to CBN before that meeting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:54am On Aug 31, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:10am On Aug 31, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:17am On Aug 31, 2019
[quote author=dipoolowoo post=81780061]Forte Oil Shareholders Told to Suspend Proposed Sale of Shares
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/31/forte-oil-shareholders-told-to-suspend-proposed-sale-of-shares/

No date of this instruction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:27am On Aug 31, 2019
Mcy56:

Blogger's version. See the clarification letter here.....they're still going to sell but awaiting SEC approval.

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/27464_FORTE_OIL_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_AUGUST_2019.pdf
Abi o grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2019
jamace:
Abi o grin
Lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2019
EKUU Weekend o

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2019
checking my bedsheet i see Uba as the cheapest right now on NSE. though fidelity appears same but when consider other things UBA take the lead.

Note: i hav no single unit on these bank just saying what i see on my bedsheet.

CP is not stcool that sees only what he owns as the best but blindly badmouthing others, imagine saying zenith and gtb will still fall below 52 low but UBA cheesy. he forget that all stock moves in same direction

grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2019
Mcy56:
Lancee have you seen this?
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/27464_FORTE_OIL_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_AUGUST_2019.pdf

I noticed this too cos it doesnt have definite date yet. I called Morgan and they said we can still go ahead and submit the signed form.

Didn't see it ..just read it ..No date for now

Hope evrything goes smoothly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
Chibuking81:

They are still cooking their result. They want to always stay ahead of UBA, but UBA seems to be better than them. SEC should come with a new rule, that every company must pay 50% of their earning, with that cooking practice will reduce.

Was surprise at uba result coming out before access ..Access notified the shareholders of their meeting long before uba

Hope they won't come out with 10k div ..same they did for final yr div last yr paying peanut 25k[ if am correct ] while uba paid 65k

I hope all is ok with them .. Sold 90% of my access ..after result will act
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2019
lancee:

Was surprise at uba result coming out before access ..Access notified the shareholders of their meeting long before uba

Hope they won't come out with 10k div ..same they did for final yr div last yr paying peanut 25k[ if am correct ] while uba paid 65k

Honestly delivering a "below expectation" interim dividend in a time like this would be a blessing in disguise (waiting at 5.20 junction).investors no get pity again o.Na from overpunishment we dey profit these days

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
lancee:

Recall that they paid diamond bank share holders over 24billion naira(N1 per share) and still managed to pay their shareholders 25k per share. Sincerely speaking, they tried.
They will not however give any satisfactory excuse for an interim dividend below 20k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2019
Now that ETI stock price monthly rejected going lower
ETI stock price attempt to continue downtrend after breaking the stock's all time low was finally rejected with the market full of panic sellers and hopeful buyers. Going forward, with I expect price to dip a little bit down in the coming weeks or months towards a critical zone between 6.20 and 7.00. It could possible start to rally immediately, but - that will possibly not for smart monies...

bigger chart: https://uk.tradingview.com/chart/ETI/rtYVBGrW-Now-that-ETI-stock-price-monthly-rejected-going-lower/

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2019
[quote author=Mpeace post=81789265]Recall that they paid diamond bank share holders over 24billion naira(N1 per share) and still managed to pay their shareholders 25k per share. Sincerely speaking, they tried.
They will not however give any satisfactory excuse for an interim dividend below 20k[/quot

They tried ..Hope they re not busy cooking their book to satisfy shareholders diamond takeover
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2019
lancee:
Hope they won't come out with 10k div ..same they did for final yr div last yr paying peanut 25k ......while uba paid 65k
UBA did not have any biz staying in the 6naira region, it should be at the 10naira arena at least, don't know why Mr. Market is just punishing the stock.

......but lancee you like wasting space o. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
Mcy56:

UBA did not have any biz staying in the 6naira region, it should be at the 10naira arena at least, don't know why Mr. Market is just punishing the stock.

grin..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:56am On Sep 01, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:47am On Sep 01, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 01, 2019
IS IT WORTH GETTING A LOAN TO INVEST IN EQUITY?

RECENTLY THE MASS MEDIA HAS BEEN FLOODED WITH OFFER OF LOANS BY FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
A FRIEND WAS CAUGHT BY GT BANK ADVERT OF NON COLLATERISED LOAN OF N5 MILLION.HE IS DETERMINED TO GET THE LOAN WITH UTMOST AIM OF INVESTING IT IN EQUITIES.
I HOPE THE HOUSE CAN SCRUTINIZE THIS MOVE AND POSSIBLY GIVE OUR DIVERGENT VIEWS,
We should consider the fact that investing is a marathon and not a sprint which is the order in Trading.

His view, if he can afford the monthly repayments, is it worthy taking out a personal loan of N5, 000,000 to invest in EQUITIES, NOW THAT THE INDEX IS DEPRESSED. His thinking is that the big lump sum investment will allow compounding to work its magic all the faster when the bull returns. – more so than (much) smaller monthly INVESTMENT over time.

My view , a preferable strategy would be to invest a monthly amount into a diversified portfolio.
Judging from unpredictability of NSE and other global bourses during this Donald Trump Era. Precisely, no one has a crystal ball to tell us what the market will do next week
Obtaining loan with no collateral at 17% to 21% interest rate is not advisable judging from the bourse that has returned - 12% YTD at the close of market on 30th August 2019.
The TB and return on bond hover @ 13.5% to 15%.
MMF is lesser. This is excluding inflation rates gazetted by the FGN @11 to 12%.in order word, The absolute yield on TB - inflation is 3 to 4%.
The cost of borrowing money in the form of a personal loan is likely to be higher than the long-term returns one can expect to achieve from investment markets.

Expected returns from the NSE are approximately +/5%, @inflation plus11%. Therefore, with inflation currently at 11%, we can expect the market to provide a total return of around 5% per year over the long term.This is the best case scenario. Just my permutations.

As interest rates on personal loans generally start at 17% per year, it does not make sense to borrow money in order to invest.

Rather than borrowing a lump sum to invest in the markets and servicing debt on a monthly basis, a preferable solution would be to invest a monthly amount into a diversified portfolio with mix of fundamentally sound and dividends paying equities,
TB, Bonds and Forex edging. Coz no one can predict the direction of Nigeria economy due to government of personal interest, poor regulatory activity of listed companies, executives exorbearance, executives attitude of CEOs (winner) take all. Cooking of audited results to reflect CEO interests and wishes. Exaggerated cost of running businesses, pandemic corruption in listed companies.This made investing in Nigeria bourse a high risk.
While your financial position may be similar in the long run, your risks will be greatly reduced as you will be investing in the markets on a monthly basis as opposed to investing everything on a particular day.

Given the poor market returns and volatility experienced over the past few years, I would caution against trying to time the markets with a single lump sum investment from borrowed money.
If you are borrowing money at a much higher cost than investment returns have achieved, you will effectively create a situation where compounding is working against you.
THANKS, YOUR SCRUTINY IS WELCOME.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:17am On Sep 01, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

RECENTLY THE MASS MEDIA HAS BEEN FLOODED WITH OFFER OF LOANS BY FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
A FRIEND WAS CAUGHT BY GT BANK ADVERT OF NON COLLATERISED LOAN OF N5 MILLION.HE IS DETERMINED TO GET THE LOAN WITH UTMOST AIM OF INVESTING IT IN EQUITIES.
I HOPE THE HOUSE CAN SCRUTINIZE THIS MOVE AND POSSIBLY GIVE OUR DIVERGENT VIEWS,
We should consider the fact that investing is a marathon and not a sprint which is the order in Trading.

His view, if he can afford the monthly repayments, is it worthy taking out a personal loan of N5, 000,000 to invest in EQUITIES, NOW THAT THE INDEX IS DEPRESSED. His thinking is that the big lump sum investment will allow compounding to work its magic all the faster when the bull returns. – more so than (much) smaller monthly INVESTMENT over time.

My view , a preferable strategy would be to invest a monthly amount into a diversified portfolio.
Judging from unpredictability of NSE and other global bourses during this Donald Trump Era. Precisely, no one has a crystal ball to tell us what the market will do next week
Obtaining loan with no collateral at 17% to 21% interest rate is not advisable judging from the bourse that has returned - 12% YTD at the close of market on 30th August 2019.
MMF is lesser. This is excluding inflation rates gazetted by the FGN @11 to 12%.in order word, The absolute yield on TB - inflation is 3 to 4%.
The cost of borrowing money in the form of a personal loan is likely to be higher than the long-term returns one can expect to achieve from investment markets.

Expected returns from the NSE are approximately +/5%, @inflation plus11%. Therefore, with inflation currently at 11%, we can expect the market to provide a total return of around 5% per year over the long term.This is the best case scenario. Just my permutations.

As interest rates on personal loans generally start at 17% per year, it does not make sense to borrow money in order to invest.

Rather than borrowing a lump sum to invest in the markets and servicing debt on a monthly basis, a preferable solution would be to invest a monthly amount into a diversified portfolio with mix of fundamentally sound and dividends paying equities,
TB, Bonds and Forex edging. Coz no one can predict the direction of Nigeria economy due to government of personal interest, poor regulatory activity of listed companies, executives exorbearance, executives attitude of CEOs (winner) take all. Cooking of audited results to reflect CEO interests and wishes. Exaggerated cost of running businesses, pandemic corruption in listed companies.This made investing in Nigeria bourse a high risk.
While your financial position may be similar in the long run, your risks will be greatly reduced as you will be investing in the markets on a monthly basis as opposed to investing everything on a particular day.

Given the poor market returns and volatility experienced over the past few years, I would caution against trying to time the markets with a single lump sum investment from borrowed money.
If you are borrowing money at a much higher cost than investment returns have achieved, you will effectively create a situation where compounding is working against you.

I would do the same as your friend if I have the opportunity:
1) To reduce risk, I would target high dividend yield like Zenith only (5M appears too small to spread); the annual dividend will nearly offset the interest on the loan
2) There is a potential for a 100% capital appreciation if you buy from a depressed market
3) Not everyone is disciplined to be buying stocks on a monthly basis so, this approach is like forced discipline. Most times you don't feel it much if there is a forced deduction from your pay. You only adjust accordingly
4) Don't underestimate the power of leverage if you understand the business well and you go for lower risk strategy; I did something similar in the last depressed market (though I had no interest on my source) and came out luckily with almost 200% hit in 2-3 months. Who knows the bull could surface next year and the guy goes home with a 100%

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

Since deduction is from his monthly Salary all he needs to do is adjust his lifestyle and invest the loan in stocks with good dividend yield between now and DEC.

He will make good money!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

I would do the same as your friend if I have the opportunity:
1) To reduce risk, I would target high dividend yield like Zenith only (5M appears too small to spread); the annual dividend will nearly offset the interest on the loan
2) There is a potential for a 100% capital appreciation if you buy from a depressed market
3) Not everyone is disciplined to be buying stocks on a monthly basis so, this approach is like forced discipline. Most times you don't feel it much if there is a forced deduction from your pay. You only adjust accordingly
4) Don't underestimate the power of leverage if you understand the business well and you go for lower risk strategy; I did something similar in the last depressed market (though I had no interest on my source) and came out luckily with almost 200% hit in 2-3 months. Who knows the bull could surface next year and the guy goes home with a 100%

@Respected Agbalowomeri. I respect your view and strategy, but we need to consider the worst scenario in which case, the market depression persists. I factored this in my opinion. If you get N5, 000,000 loan @ 21% per annum, the interest rate will be N1, 050,000.
If you invest all in Zenith equity @ N18. 00You get the about 277,777 units, You wait for zenith dividend in 2020 N2. 50 +/- 0.5.kobo, The return on investment will give you maximum N694,000 to N834, 000. Excluding witholding tax.
You then pay N1M+ to bank.
AT this present stalemate, a single tweet by trumph is enough to send all the strong bourses in the world flat, not to mention our teething NSE that Buhari is not interested in its progress. My view remain unchanged. I am a risk taker but would not like to take loans on paper assets, rather I can take loans for day to day biz, assets acquisition,.
Jim Ovia can cease to be on good book of JUBRIL AL Sudan Buhari tomorrow, and the whole zenith will suffer for it.
In a pro investment economy, one can take bigger risk but not in Nigeria... We are just too unpredictable.
CBN can wake up tomorrow and pass a directive 2020 that will forbid all financial institutions from paying dividends. It has happened before.
This and lot more make it a bigger risk for investors in NSE.
Do you think there is something we knew that the Foreign investors do not know that made them to be dumping Nigeria equities enmass, despite some of the companies reporting good mid year stellar performances?

I also have a misconception about Nigeria banks, there could be more to this their loans offer beside being forced by CBN to give out loans forcefully. One must know what to do with the loan apart from investing it in paper assets. I can see many people being trapped in the debt rat race. If I can access N5M loan with payment plan of 12 months with potential interest rate of 21%/yr.it means I can as well afford to invest N500k or less monthly and average excellently in the face of worsen market depression.
BY now, we do not need a crystal ball analyst to tell us that NSE will be static for the remaining part of 2019.
The government has not come out with a clear cut stimulus package or a good news that will stimulate the economy and productivity.
Bubu is only interested in closing borders.
FPI are exiting the market like never before. ($1b) exited in June and july.
We do not know if bubu policy will persists.
Vat has been returned on investments in NSE.
The next agenda for a directionless government will be increase VATs rate.
The chairman of FIRS was reportedly quizzed for dwindling tax returns.
We are all in the next level boat.
The breweries industry was dealt a tactical blow by bubu policy simply because the Muslims don't promote investment in alcohol. He imposed a heavy excise duty on them which severely eroded their profits. It is now a crime to manufacture alcohol in Nigeria. Expect more dumping of Equities in the breweries.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
stcool:

Since deduction is from his monthly Salary all he needs to do is adjust his lifestyle and invest the loan in stocks with good dividend yield between now and DEC.

He will make good money!
It's a high risk to put borrowed money in NSE, most especially loan from bank. In fact it's disastrous, it can kill.
Its never advisable to invest bank loan in NSE.

Nigeria is a country where little news from foreign nation affect the economic, crude oil price affect, politics and election also affect. Manipulation is at great increase.

Country where company will pay dividend this month and go for right issue next month. Country where companies will have positive retain earning for years with low dividend payment, only to declared huge loss in one year and write off borrowed money from the CEO and his gang group as bad debt.

Using bank loan in the individual managing business is better than gambling it in the name of stock jijo. Stock is good for investment, not good for JiJo investment strategy.

Borrowed money from bank never fit in investment ideology, you only invest what you can afford to lose that you have, not what you can't afford to lose that belong to someone else or organization you will continue to pay interest even when the capital borrowed enter voice mail.

Better still let him keep investing between now and December portion of his monthly income that he can do without interest charge than to get his money from bank in the name of loan and keep on paying interest on it. Since the source of deduction is his salary, it's better he invest monthly till December from that of his salary than borrowing his money from bank. Because I see it as his money in advance.
As things are now, he might get some good stocks cheaper in some remaining months before December.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2019
Mcy56:

Time will correct it, on or before final year result UBA will likely visit #10. But within this period they might see #6.5, but the possibility of coming down to 5.40 below is high. Just see what happened to Zenith bank and its passengers, they didn't wait for the qualification or mark down before taken 100 meter race in bailing out.

The way am seen it, ASI will likely visit 25,000 or below within this year, but one thing is certain, it must rise again before final year result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

@Respected Agbalowomeri. I respect your view and strategy, but we need to consider the worst scenario in which case, the market depression persists. I factored this in my opinion. If you get N5, 000,000 loan @ 21% per annum, the interest rate will be N1, 050,000.
If you invest all in Zenith equity @ N18. 00You get the about 277,777 units, You wait for zenith dividend in 2020 N2. 50 +/- 0.5.kobo, The return on investment will give you maximum N694,000 to N834, 000. Excluding witholding tax.
You then pay N1M+ to bank.
AT this present stalemate, a single tweet by trumph is enough to send all the strong bourses in the world flat, not to mention our teething NSE that Buhari is not interested in its progress. My view remain unchanged. I am a risk taker but would not like to take loans on paper assets, rather I can take loans for day to day biz, assets acquisition,.
Jim Ovia can cease to be on good book of JUBRIL AL Sudan Buhari tomorrow, and the whole zenith will suffer for it.
In a pro investment economy, one can take bigger risk but not in Nigeria... We are just too unpredictable.
CBN can wake up tomorrow and pass a directive 2020 that will forbid all financial institutions from paying dividends. It has happened before.
This and lot more make it a bigger risk for investors in NSE.
Do you think there is something we knew that the Foreign investors do not know that made them to be dumping Nigeria equities enmass, despite some of the companies reporting good mid year stellar performances?

I also have a misconception about Nigeria banks, there could be more to this their loans offer beside being forced by CBN to give out loans forcefully. One must know what to do with the loan apart from investing it in paper assets. I can see many people being trapped in the debt rat race. If I can access N5M loan with payment plan of 12 months with potential interest rate of 21%/yr.it means I can as well afford to invest N500k or less monthly and average excellently in the face of worsen market depression.
BY now, we do not need a crystal ball analyst to tell us that NSE will be static for the remaining part of 2019.
The government has not come out with a clear cut stimulus package or a good news that will stimulate the economy and productivity.
Bubu is only interested in closing borders.
FPI are exiting the market like never before. ($1b) exited in June and july.
We do not know if bubu policy will persists.
Vat has been returned on investments in NSE.
The next agenda for a directionless government will be increase VATs rate.
The chairman of FIRS was reportedly quizzed for dwindling tax returns.
We are all in the next level boat.
The breweries industry was dealt a tactical blow by bubu policy simply because the Muslims don't promote investment in alcohol. He imposed a heavy excise duty on them which severely eroded their profits. It is now a crime to manufacture alcohol in Nigeria. Expect more dumping of Equities in the breweries.

U have spoken my mind!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
Chibuking81:

Time will correct it, on or before final year result UBA will likely visit #10. But within this period they might see #6.5, but the possibility of coming down to 5.40 below is high. Just see what happened to Zenith bank and its passengers, they didn't wait for the qualification or mark down before taken 100 meter race in bailing out.

The way am seen it, ASI will likely visit 25,000 or below within this year, but one thing is certain, it must rise again before final year result.

I don jump from fence to the tree oo waiting for ASI @25k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
lancee:

grin..

The issue is not just UBA.
Right now, investors sentiment is bearish.
Some companies mid year stellar performances has not helped in price movement.
A resent poll in US shows that the bearish sentiment is not easily reversible.
Have you ever asked why Buffet Warren, the adjudged greatest investor of our time is keeping a huge cash reserve in Berkshire Hathaway portfolio?
The Donald Trump effect is disastrous for equities all over the world.
Read the link below.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntobey/2019/08/30/consumers-are-at-tipping-point-so-prepare-for-bear-market-and-recession/#716d918827d6.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Chibuking81:

It's a high risk to put borrowed money in NSE, most especially loan from bank. In fact it's disastrous, it can kill.
Its never advisable to invest bank loan in NSE.

Nigeria is a country where little news from foreign nation affect the economic, crude oil price affect, politics and election also affect. Manipulation is at great increase.

Country where company will pay dividend this month and go for right issue next month. Country where companies will have positive retain earning for years with low dividend payment, only to declared huge loss in one year and write off borrowed money from the CEO and his gang group as bad debt.

Using bank loan in the individual managing business is better than gambling it in the name of stock jijo. Stock is good for investment, not good for JiJo investment strategy.

Borrowed money from bank never fit in investment ideology, you only invest what you can afford to lose that you have, not what you can't afford to lose that belong to someone else or organization you will continue to pay interest even when the capital borrowed enter voice mail.

Better still let him keep investing between now and December portion of his monthly income that he can do without interest charge than to get his money from bank in the name of loan and keep on paying interest on it. Since the source of deduction is his salary, it's better he invest monthly till December from that of his salary than borrowing his money from bank. Because I see it as his money in advance.
As things are now, he might get some good stocks cheaper in some remaining months before December.

This is the best time to get a loan in Nigeria...next year is not guaranteed with regards to CBN policy.

The loans are not backed by assets and in most cases tied to your salary. What you do with it is now left to the borrower.

I have a loan I invested in equity that I intend to offset by year end. After that I will go for a GTB max loan and same will be channeled to UBA. Duration for a GTB max is 36months with options to exit anytime at no penalty. It also comes with insurance.

If I would take a loan and invest in a business in Nigeria of today...I would rather invest it inside the market because both hold same risk for me.

Else I stay away from both the NSE & investing in a day to day business.

In summary for me, taking a loan to invest in a day to day business in Nigeria holds same risk as investing inside the NSE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

The issue is not just UBA.
Right now, investors sentiment is bearish.
Some companies mid year stellar performances has not helped in price movement.
A resent poll in US shows that the bearish sentiment is not easily reversible.
Have you ever asked why Buffet Warren, the adjudged greatest investor of our time is keeping a huge cash reserve in Berkshire Hathaway portfolio?
The Donald Trump effect is disastrous for equities all over the world.
Read the link below.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntobey/2019/08/30/consumers-are-at-tipping-point-so-prepare-for-bear-market-and-recession/#716d918827d6.

Is Trump the world problem?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2019
Chibuking81:

Is like Trump is the world problem? Will he make it to second tenure.

He will get more massive vote sef
Most of these people are racist and nationalist even though they proclaim globalisation and anti-racism publicly

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4808) (4809) (4810) (4811) (4812) (4813) (4814) ... (8017) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emndy(m), realking(m), ikemeze, kolaish(m), SEOSpecialist, Raider76, TradeSunMoore, BullBearMkt(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.