Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,255 members, 7,967,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11639140 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5211) (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) (5217) ... (8250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
Chibuking81:

There is a new development on NPF microfinance, base on new finding about their September proposal of right offer, it's not good for now.

This is the real Coronavirus then.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
Chibuking81:

Most investment house recommendations get it rights when recommending for big cap, but always wrong on small cap, because small cap have direction of their own. For instance years back when I was expecting the investment house to recommend Dangote flour, Eterna ,Cham plc e.t.c, as they return to profit, I never see such, rather it was us here that recommended and it materialise .

When you have the tools at hand, you don't have to wait for their findings and recommendations, you can use the tools to find, analyze and recommend too. As for Nahco and NPF, their bullish time will come later. At this time people patronize the stocks that do released their result on time, like those that have the history of releasing result on January, February and March, who also close their register between March and April.

It's so because, once they chop their dividend, as company closes their register, or pay themselves by themselves by selling 1 or 2 days before the mark down, them they will channel their loot to the good companies that are yet to release their result, whom their result always surface on April and May.

Jijo work better this earning season, if you know how to play it.
When is the usual markdown period?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
yom2:
but how much have they lost reasonably and unreasonably ? Even the greatest wizard is not guaranteed of entering precisely at 52 week low. Some times when guys come up with this argument. I see it as neither here nor there. If a stock can't do 100% to 200% in a season for me its not worth mentioning

My statement was made in a context and not in isolation.
I agree with you that it is always difficult to buy at year low.

When we have a sustained bull, getting 100/200 % will not be difficult.
However, I follow the market and gauge me expectations accordingly.
Sometimes, I am good with 10/20%, at other time, 100% might not be enough....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
seyisanya:
When is the usual markdown period?
Every result released have their closing period stated in their result. The companies mark down follow immediately their close period end.

The dividend declared will be minus, and the company will start coming up in price or going down from their new price.

Example, if Zenith last price at the end of their closing period is #30 and they declared #3 as dividend. They will mark down to #27 in the next market day, which will be their new open price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
Thanks all. Pls is Vitafoam a good buy at 5?. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JAS10: 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
The P in name suppose make you like am na. After all Police is ur friend.
DeRuggedProf:

I don't just like this bank, without any reason..... grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2020
Chibuking81:

There is a new development on NPF microfinance, base on new finding about their September proposal of right offer, it's not good for now.

Can't find any information on the success or otherwise of the right issue.
Could it be the offer is yet to open?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Chibuking81:

Every result released have their closing period stated in their result. The companies mark down follow immediately their close period end.

The dividend declared will be minus, and the company will start coming up in price or going down from their new price.

Example, if Zenith last price at the end of their closing period is #30 and they declared #3 as dividend. They will mark down to #27 in the next market day, which will be their new open price.
Thanks for a clear explanation. Shared!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2020
pluto09:
Since the FPI are not in the market yet, I expect the market to tank after the earning season....
Think FPIs are in the market if the attached 2019 summary of their participation (rcvd from Morgan) is anything to go by.
Could just be that they're been cautious at the same time. smiley

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
NAHCO at N2.50 is a good buy. Below 2.50 is a bargain purchase.
That's my opinion. tongue ...........
Let me add that its somehow illiquid. So not some stock to be jumping anyhow - in and out from.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
eziokwunwoko:
Please Nahco and NPF microfinance: Advice But recommendations. Should I buy.
Mr fuxer : TA explaination
Oga I hope you got the needed answer already.
Pls try and read Chibuking's update to NPF.
Mr. Fuxer grin couldnt get your mention cos you didnt spell the moniker correctly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2020
Let me come and be going............ grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
Mcy56:

Think FPIs are in the market if the attached 2019 summary of their participation (rcvd from Morgan) is anything to go by.
Could just be that they're been cautious at the same time.
Dont mind me, I no sabi interprete these things o. smiley

You pay more attention to foreign outflow versus inflow.....
If outflow is more than inflow.....then you have the answer cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
pluto09:
You pay more attention to foreign outflow versus inflow.....
If outflow is more than inflow.....then you have the answer cool
Okay. I got you sir.
Outflow was actually more than inflow.....but I think the activities of the Zenith seller influenced the outflow figure.
Just my opinion. Let's hope/pray that 2020 be better, since its also not an election year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Beke2020: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
Goodevening boss,

Thanks for this, I have been waiting for it. But I still need a few clarification here.

For the illustrations, if I buy Zenith Bank at N30 a day before mark down and I sell the next day at N28 when price have been marked down to N27 before it rise to N28. Will I still qualify or earn the dividend declared.

Thank you sir

Chibuking81:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
edwardaigb:
Thanks all. Pls is Vitafoam a good buy at 5?. Thanks again.

1. As of 31st October, 2019 their price was #3.50,
2. As of 23rd December, 2019 their price was #3.90.
3. Then on December 30th they released a wonderful result of above 300% improvement, #1.82 EPs in 2019, against 57 kobo EPs in 2018, with their current price of #5.
4.They declared dividend of 42 kobo ( 23% of their EPs) with closing of register which is come up on 7th February,
5. They also declared impressive q1 of 62 kobo against the previous q1 of 33 kobo.
6. All things been equal, their coming final by September 2020 will likely reach #2.48.
7. Between 31st December with price of #3.50 and 24th January with price of #5, they have returned capital appreciation gain of 42.8%
8. From my view, between now and 7th February, they have probability of returning up to 10/20% in capital appreciation, before their mark down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
Beke2020:
Goodevening boss,

Thanks for this, I have been waiting for it. But I still need a few clarification here.

For the illustrations, if I buy Zenith Bank at N30 a day before mark down and I sell the next day at N28 when price have been marked down to N27 before it rise to N28. Will I still qualify or earn the dividend declared.

Thank you sir

Yes you qualified for dividend that is exactly how it suppose to be, But I don't know whether Nigeria and their registrar adhere to it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Beke2020: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
Thank you boss. Have great week ahead
Chibuking81:

Yes you qualified for dividend that is exactly how it suppose to be, But I don't know whether Nigeria and their registrar adhere to it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2020
Chibuking81:

1. As of 31st October, 2019 their price was #3.50,
2. As of 23rd December, 2019 their price was #3.90.
3. Then on December 30th they released a wonderful result of above 300% improvement, #1.82 EPs in 2019, against 57 kobo EPs in 2018, with their current price of #5.
4.They declared dividend of 42 kobo ( 23% of their EPs) with closing of register which is come up on 7th February,
5. They also declared impressive q1 of 62 kobo against the previous q1 of 33 kobo.
6. All things been equal, their coming final by September 2020 will likely reach #2.48.
7. Between 31st December with price of #3.50 and 24th January with price of #5, they have returned capital appreciation gain of 42.8%
8. From my view, between now and 7th February, they have probability of returning up to 10/20% in capital appreciation, before their mark down.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by prof2007: 2:06am On Jan 27, 2020
Dear NSEMPA members,

there is some market-sensitive info in the linked article, which you should find useful.

EXCLUSIVE! Orji Kalu’s Deals: Panic Hits Access Bank As MD Sells Shares:
https://www.nairaland.com/5653158/exclusive-orji-kalus-deals-panic

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:32am On Jan 27, 2020
https://www.herald.co.zw/naira-devaluation/

Naira devaluation

The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Friday foreclosed the possibility of devaluing the naira, saying it has sufficient foreign reserves to meet all its obligations without recourse to hurting Nigeria’s currency.

CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele who made the disclosure at the 271st MPC meeting and first one in 2020, held in Abuja, said the decision was taken by all 11 members of the MPC who were in attendance.

Emefiele was reacting to speculations by economic experts who opined that the apex bank may likely devalue the naira amidst a sharp reduction in foreign reserves from about $47 billion to $38 billion in few months in 2019.

Emefiele said: “We should realise that reserves are there to meet obligations. At times it’ll go up and at times, it’ll reduce.
But with reserve of about $38 billion today and crude prices hitting up to $70 a barrel, we can sustain the economy without devaluing the naira.

So, adjustments won’t happen. Our reserve level will meet all our obligations. Anyone expecting us expecting us to adjust the naira should know that it won’t happen”, he said.

The CBN Governor also warned the fiscal authorities against further heavy borrowing, saying that the nation’s debt status has become a cause for concern.

According to Emefiele, the narrative that Nigeria’s debt to GDP ratio was about the lowest in the world should not spur the fiscal authorities to hurt the economy with huge debts. – CBN.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:36am On Jan 27, 2020
https://oilprice.com
Brent crude at 58.51 dollar per a barrel call for concern.

But in CBN governor word, he maintain that, "Our reserve level will meet all our obligations"

But when the price go below 50, in my own view, that will be serious red frag, because I believe that the reserve can't carry it anymore by then. I pray that the crude oil price should move back to 70 dollar soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STOjo: 9:30am On Jan 27, 2020
[quote author=Agbalowomeri post=86121685]

I suspect the bigger moves will come in Q2[/quote
Sir, please elucidate further.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:33am On Jan 27, 2020
Chibuking is here with bad news again. lipsrsealed
Na joke o. tongue
Meanwhile, here is another one, its a forwarded msg:

*Edited: Chibuking posted the devaluation link already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2020
So saddened by the untimely death of KOBE BRYANT and his lovely daughter GIANNA in a helicopter crash !!
...that dude(together with Michael Jordan) was my all-time best basketball player. I love that sport.
It's a sad moment. embarassed embarassed

RIP Koby !!
...and to all those who lost their life in the crash.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:16am On Jan 27, 2020
Unilever is getting bashed while Vitafoam is getting a pat at the back.
Why this? Your guess is as good as mine....report card. grin
If vitafoam is one of these liquid stocks, it should be on full bid by now.
Anyway: just a reminder that their qualification/dividend payment date is Feb.

This autocorrect self. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:27am On Jan 27, 2020
onegentleguy:
So saddened by the untimely death of KOBE BRYANT and his lovely daughter GIANNA in a helicopter crash !!
...that dude(together with Michael Jordan) was my all-time best basketball player. I love that sport.
It's a sad moment. embarassed embarassed

RIP Jordy !!
...and to all those who lost their life in the crash.

Oga how many times you don come cry for here for series of murders and bombings in your country?
Naija people I hail una

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:32am On Jan 27, 2020
Still observing market direction......

Huge cross deals in Veritaskap.....

Wapco......moving....17.60 now.......but people get the wares plenty for warehouse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 10:35am On Jan 27, 2020
Agbalowomeri:

Oga how many times you don come cry for here for series of murders and bombings in your country?
Naija people cI hail una

I Wonder, Nigerian with American stuff sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2020
Mcy56:
Chibuking is here with bad news again. lipsrsealed
Na joke o. tongue
Meanwhile, here is another one, its a forwarded msg:

*Edited: Chibuking posted the devaluation link already.

Aunty, just take down those screen shots, it does not make sense and it is not true. I’m saying it because you post stuffs that are true

The naira being at 360 has nothing to do with hoarding or speculation. The law of one price always holds true in forex and in any case that it is violated, arbitrageurs will take advantage of it and force equilibrium

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5211) (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) (5217) ... (8250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gabscity(m), vefexam, SAK and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.