Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,747 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11125636 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5595) (5596) (5597) (5598) (5599) (5600) (5601) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
So I won't receive FBNH devidend since I bought on Monday 20th
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lmm4real: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Princkez:

U will
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Princkez:

was 20th qualifying or markdown date?

You can consult them to know if they observe the T+3 rule.
If they do,if monday 20th April was qualifying date,you will not get it 'cos the shares will reflect on the registrars record on the 23rd of April.

This is the reason why many ask questions on why they have not seen their dividend.The registrars need to address this issue so that people will know when to invest for dividends and when not to invest.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:

If they do,if monday 20th April was qualifying date,you will not get it 'cos the shares will reflect on the registrars record on the 23rd of April.

This is the reason why many ask questions on why they have not seen their dividend.The registrars need to address this issue so that people will know when to invest for dividends and when not to invest.
qualification date
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:
I have a verified info about my post above and its 100% truith.
what I said applies to united securities,cardinal stone and veritas registrars.
Kindly consult those registrars and take my words for granted if not true.
Again I said dont buy a stock a qualifying date hoping to get dividend rather sell your stock on same date and see if you will not get the dividend.
Welcome back sir Loco.
Concerning buying on qualification date or not, just know that whosoever buys on last day of qualification will qualify for dividend just like Exlaidback said.
I however do not doubt your claim that someone may not get when some registrars are involved.
You should understand that "Change" is something that's difficult for some people to embrace, they are used to their old ways of doing things, they are somehow comfortable with it and very reluctant to embrace new innovations........this is the case with some registrars, some are so backward. So also some brokers.
See the case of Cashcraft, they are big with large customer base. They ought to be among the first set to introduce and embrace digital form of trading but they chose to remain analogue despite the huge risk digital poses to them.....today, they are losing customers.
I mentioned few days ago that I sold my fcmb before markdown simply because I don't want Cardinalstone wahala. They'll still insist that you must submit e-dividend form to their office nearest to you when others are processing scanned copy send to them via mail seemlessly.
In essence, buying on last day of qualification should automatically qualify such buyer for dividend but Registrars names must be put into consideration before doing so......that's my little contribution. grin
Chai!! Me self don write epistle. Make Una no vex. grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:
Good day my people.
I have been busy paying attention to one of my properties that is suppose to drop money this month but unfortunately,it has not been easy on house rents these days.

@Mercy,how are you?You are doing well here.keep it up.

For those of you who are interested in buying stocks for dividends,pls kindly follow this directions I will show you in order not to miss your dividend.some people sold their stock on the qualifying date and still get the dividend while some bought a stock on the qualifying date and miss the dividend.

kindly note that it takes T+3 for any purchased stock to settle on the registrars record book.If a company declares 10kobo dividend and give a qualifying date lets say 10th April and markdown date 11th April.If you truely need the dividend,you will need to buy the cpmpany shares on or before 7th April for your name to reclect on the registrars record on the 10th April.

Dont buy a stock on the qualifying date and hope for dividend.You will not get instead the perspn who sold his stock on the qualifying date will get the dividend.

pls be guided accordingnly.

Nice one! Meanwhile, i got the alert dividned of UAC i sold about 10 yrs ago around 3am this morning. Not even having 1 unit of uac all thse while

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:

You will get dividends if you buy on or before the qualification date.

Registers are closed for 2 to 5 days, this will enable Registrars to accommodate T+3days and allow the transaction or registers to be updated

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
onegentleguy:

I beg to disagree with that disclaimer. smiley cheesy grin
Because u are now sipping from "a made of black" drink at the venue of the United Area of Combative Nsepa', u are talking from the other side of ur mouth- right.
Going from becoming a undue critic to an undue observer in just 48 hours. ...chai !!
...u see ur LIFE. grin grin grin

Kontinue.

N7.5 to N6.10 can send even Loco to his village. 18.7% difference For this Corona season. Why were the offers only cleared after it lost 18.7%, simple, IT WAS UNWISE TO ASK PEOPLE TO PICK AT N7.5, without picking EVEN a single unit and waiting till it dropped 18.7%. I am just laughing at another wrong call, time will tell. I will not talk, I just dey laugh. No one tells a blind man that it is raining.... grin
Buying right is the ultimate as Warren buffet advised. Buy a great company at a cheap price, not a loss spinner at a great price.
Na VCV dey drink canned Guiness, I go for kunu or that other purple type for village...... grin grin grin
People rush to interpret bad results here as great, newbies swoop on the stock, vooooooooom, they japaa waiting to get it far cheaper from them when reality hits them that MMM can happen anywhere, deeris God ooo..... grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mcy56:

Welcome back sir Loco.
Concerning buying on qualification date or not, just know that whosoever buys on last day of qualification will qualify for dividend just like Exlaidback said.
I however do not doubt your claim that someone may not get when some registrars are involved.
You should understand that "Change" is something that's difficult for some people to embrace, they are used to their old ways of doing things, they are somehow comfortable with it and very reluctant to embrace new innovations........this is the case with some registrars, some are so backward. So also some brokers.
See the case of Cashcraft, they are big with large customer base. They ought to be among the first set to introduce and embrace digital form of trading but they chose to remain analogue despite the huge risk digital poses to them.....today, they are losing customers.
I mentioned few days ago that I sold my fcmb before markdown simply because I don't want Cardinalstone wahala. They'll still insist that you must submit e-dividend form to their office nearest to you when others are processing scanned copy send to them via mail seemlessly.
In essence, buying on last day of qualification should automatically qualify such buyer for dividend but Registrars names must be put into consideration before doing so......that's my little contribution. grin

You said well.
We have different registrars and their various patterns.
while some are moving forward,some are moving backward.
Investors should always seek the opinion of registrars before buying or selling stocks for dividend purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week lows
International breweries #4.80k
Skyway aviation #1.52k
Uac properties #0.74k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
If you buy on marked down date you won't get dividends, because you will be buying on a discount ie the dividend declared must have been deducted from the stock price

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:

You said well.
We have different registrars and their various patterns.
while some are moving forward,some are moving backward.
Investors should always seek the opinion of registrars before buying or selling stocks for dividend purposes.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mcy56:

Welcome back sir Loco.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:

If they do,if monday 20th April was qualifying date,you will not get it 'cos the shares will reflect on the registrars record on the 23rd of April..
Again, this is wrong. Think OGG addressed this issue in details before.
T+3 is no longer applicable to shares reflecting in your trading account or in registrar's record. Digital means of operations is highly in vogue now.
Why do I buy a stock today and still see it reflect in my trading account by close of biz?
Why do I sell a stock and still use the proceed to buy another one almost immediately during trading hours?
An area where T+3 applies is the area of fund withdrawal now....if you sell today, you can't withdraw the money into your bank account until T+2 days or T+ 3 days, depending on the broker.
Like I said earlier, this is Nigeria where we come behind in technology related aspects.
In order to avoid becoming a victim of no dividend cos you bought on last day of qualification, I think the best thing is to avoid buying on last date....think this is the solution and where your posts are valid. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Intendy:
Stocks with new 52 week lows

International breweries #4.80k

Skyway aviation #1.52k

Uac properties #0.74k

Great Job!
The children has started gossiping about what they saw in the bedroom..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
If you buy on marked down date you won't get dividends, because you will be buying on a discount ie the dividend declared must have been deducted from the stock price
Exactly sir!
Buying on markdown date will not qualify the buyer for dividend cos they deducted the dividend amount already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You will get dividends if you buy on or before the qualification date.

Registers are closed for 2 to 5 days, this will enable Registrars to accommodate T+3days and allow the transaction or registers to be updated

I am particularly concern buying/selling stock on that particular qualifying date.
One may miss or be lucky when he doesnt expect it that way.

we should learn to buy/sell 3 days before the said date to avoid who knows..........if
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
UACN currently undergoing a wealth transfer process. wink cheesy grin
Some folks will sell to us(and we will gladly buy from them)
...then they'll later come back to buy from us.
And we shall sell to them @ a great premium.

If u are lucky to buy into the "trade fair" today, well, lucky u.

HOLD !!

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
The equity price of FBN Holdings Plc was adjusted today 21st April, 2020 for a dividend of N0.38k as recommended by the Company? board of directors. The last close price was N4.70, while the Ex-div price is N4.32. The price was rounded down by the system to N4.30 in conformity with the price step methodology.

Oga Loco, this thing is very simple Sir. If you buy the day a stock is marked down and you are expecting to get dividends you must be a serious joker.
There are certain terms that are used when corporate actions are announced by a company. Qualification date, closure of registrar, and payment date.
The qualification date is always a single date. Closure of register is always a range of dates and the Payment date is also a single date.

Wema qualification date is May 6, closure of register is between May 7 to May 12 and the payment date is May 18.

locodemy:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Princkez:
qualification date
You will get. First Registrar is up to date....and like Pa Emma and Rebekah said, close of register is a range of dates, enough to get record of all qualified investors.
Pls try and come here to confirm if you receive it once paid. It will help us put some of the arguments here to rest.
They're paying on the 30th I think.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:
Good day my people.
I have been busy paying attention to one of my properties that is suppose to drop money this month but unfortunately,it has not been easy on house rents these days.

@Mercy,how are you?You are doing well here.keep it up.

For those of you who are interested in buying stocks for dividends,pls kindly follow this directions I will show you in order not to miss your dividend.some people sold their stock on the qualifying date and still get the dividend while some bought a stock on the qualifying date and miss the dividend.

kindly note that it takes T+3 for any purchased stock to settle on the registrars record book.If a company declares 10kobo dividend and give a qualifying date lets say 10th April and markdown date 11th April.If you truely need the dividend,you will need to buy the cpmpany shares on or before 7th April for your name to reclect on the registrars record on the 10th April.

Dont buy a stock on the qualifying date and hope for dividend.You will not get instead the perspn who sold his stock on the qualifying date will get the dividend.

pls be guided accordingnly.

In other words, selling a day before the mark down would ensure the seller gets the dividend?

That's exactly what I did with UBA. I thought I won't be getting the dividend. I'm waiting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
sellydion:
IMO. A bad result is a bad result. I could only buy when it produces good results

before then price would have pummet to give a reasonable margin of safety. grin

They will NOT read that part I highlighted, if they advise you to buy any stock at say N5, if the stock goes down to N3, they will tell you time heals all wounds, you will wait till it gets to N5, they will not quote long grammar, once it gets to N7, they will start an elaborate sampling and quantization of posts. You will open a page and discover only one quote don full the page. .... grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
IYGEAL:
In other words, selling a day before the mark down would ensure the seller gets the dividend?

That's exactly what I did with UBA. I thought I won't be getting the dividend. I'm waiting.
A day before markdown is the last qualification date.
No. You wouldn't get if you sell on that day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
no dividend for you ooooo. The buyer will get it.
IYGEAL:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
locodemy:

I am particularly concern buying/selling stock on that particular qualifying date.
One may miss or be lucky when he doesnt expect it that way.

we should learn to buy/sell 3 days before the said date to avoid who knows..........if

That’s true but also there are some times when buying on the said date provides a great bargain
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
Newbies, never let no one tell you stories of buying after he saw how market closed.
I spoke about 'U Are Carrying Nightmare' here when there were offers on the floor at 18.7% discount all the way from N7.5.
Personally, I must not own every business that is listed on NSE, or claim to enter every moving plane, even WIKE waited for CAVERTON to finish its acrobatic displays in the air before letting them know that it is not by air alone, but by every word that proceed from his mouth when you land (VCV, sorry ooo) . Till date Caverton never get liver to even release results, I think Wike must have torn the copy meant for Oscar..... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mcy56:

You will get. First Registrar is up to date....and like Pa Emma and Rebekah said, close of register is a range of dates, enough to get record of all qualified investors.
Pls try and come here to confirm if you receive it once paid. It will help us put some of the arguments here to rest.
They're paying on the 30th I think.
ok...I will do that...thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
onegentleguy:
UACN currently undergoing a wealth transfer process. wink cheesy ;DSome folks will sell to us(and we will gladly buy from them)
...then they'll later come back to buy from us.
And we shall sell to them @ a great premium.
If u are lucky to buy into the "trade fair" today, well, lucky u.HOLD !! It is well.

How exactly will the wealth be transferred? Is it via Dividend payment,Bonus payment or Capital Appreciation? From the companies EPS what realistically can be paid as dividend?

In this slow economy where is the real liquidity that will drive the stock to high prices and sustain it? Have you sat in any board meeting of UACN such that you have insider information or you are just basing your assumptions on released financial statements?

Some members have compared this stock to Dangoteflour but if i remembered vividly Dangoteflour created wealth because of favorable acquisition plan.

I have few UACN shares but i am very Neutral on the company for now because For every UACN on the exchange, i can identify 10 other stocks that wont give investors high BP.

I respect your contributions on this thread but we should be careful of making these types of commitments. For a stock that wasnt liquid for 2 days infact people should be very careful.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
DeRuggedProf:
Newbies, never let no one tell you stories of buying after he saw how market closed.
I spoke about 'U Are Carrying Nightmare' here when there were offers on the floor at 18.7% discount all the way from N7.5.
Personally, I must not own every business that is listed on NSE, or claim to enter every moving plane, even WIKE waited for CAVERTON to finish its acrobatic displays in the air before letting them know that it is not by air alone, but by every word that proceed from his mouth when you land (VCV, sorry ooo) . Till date Caverton never get liver to even release results, I think Wike must have torn the copy meant for Oscar..... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

The guy is a joker. He 'invests' people's money for a share of the profit (not loss) so he's always out pushing stocks that he's taken position in.

Whoever has money does not have time typing an epistle, it is those that are seeking pecuniary gains from unsuspecting followers that does that.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mcy56:

A day before markdown is the last qualification date.
No. You wouldn't get if you sell on that day.

with cardinal registrar,he will get if he sells at the qualification date.
I dont want us to argue on it.
They work on T+3 from the qualifying date.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
ok

Northeastern:

The guy is a joker. He 'invests' people's money for a share of the profit (not loss) so he's always out pushing stocks that he's taken position in.

Whoever has money does not have time typing an epistle, it is those that are seeking pecuniary gains from unsuspecting followers that does that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5595) (5596) (5597) (5598) (5599) (5600) (5601) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: unite4real, crownprince2017, ositadima1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.