Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11148204 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5631) (5632) (5633) (5634) (5635) (5636) (5637) ... (7856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:27pm On May 01, 2020
gamaliel9:

Got mine yesterday...i think they doing it bank by bank...perhaps in alphabetical order. Mine is Ecobank.

Zenith may be the last bank

You may be right.

I received with my eco too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 6:42pm On May 01, 2020
Dsticks47:
Benefits of Investing in Mutual Funds

Date: 1st May, 2020
Time: 1pm

Join the Webinar

https://zoom.us/j/7389911083?pwd=c09RUDIwNytoVmZjWDJaM2taTG1tZz09
Powered by : Investment One Financial Services.
Good to know that one of my course mate in the university works in your company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:45pm On May 01, 2020
maishai:

They are taking profit now on discontinued operations.......Come year end they will now decide it's a loss.......I would really love to know when discontinued operations will be off their books

Why not enjoy the ride while it last abi you plant bottle there grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinola98: 7:02pm On May 01, 2020
Please o
Has Dividend been paid by Ucap?
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benjacky48: 7:10pm On May 01, 2020
Yes landed today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dsticks47(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Good to know that one of my course mate in the university works in your company.

Wow what a small world am sure you got to know during the Webinar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 8:01pm On May 01, 2020
Dsticks47:

Wow what a small world am sure you got to know during the Webinar.
Yeah, it's a small world. I got to know via your webinar poster.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2020
akinola98:
Please o
Has Dividend been paid by Ucap?
Thanks

Dividend that we have spent and reinvested
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 9:26pm On May 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I have not reinvested..i am waiting for it to fall below 2naira
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:00pm On May 01, 2020
My take on Access Bank 2019 personnel cost;

I just did an analysis of the bank’s personnel cost and realized that the cost went up by 35% compared to 2018. While gross income rose by c.40%, net interest income went up by 59.3%. In effect, the effective upside recorded considering surge in staff cost is just 5% increase in gross income and 24% in net interest income.

Further breakdown of the personnel cost showed that 70 persons were recruited/promoted into management cadre and over 2000 staff recruited in last one year. Thus, number of employees alone last year rose from 3998 to 6553 whilst management increased from 275 to 345.

The cost implication of this distribution is that, Access bank is bottom heavy meaning that if it doesn’t shed weight, efficiency will be eroded and might die natural death with time.

This however does not mean the top management and board should not be touched. There is need for some salary cut and reduction in the number of managers and board directors to complement the gain from the staff reduction.

For instance, I don’t know what the bank is doing with 10 GM, 18 DGM and 33AGM. This is just excess load on the bank’s profitability.

In the end, i think the step that the bank is taking is tough, painful and hard but justified. However, as a modification, it should consider salary reduction, rather than send over 4900 staff into the labour market to further worsen unemployment in the country.

Also, beyond top management pay cut, the bloated perks enjoyed by them should be reduced drastically as part of the rescue plan.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by creategist: 11:24pm On May 01, 2020
Mpeace:
It appears the sacking had already started before this news got trending.

Choi! However in happier news in the banking space, GTB & Zenith have both received Fitch ratings upgrades!

https://nairametrics.com/2020/05/01/fitch-revises-national-ratings-of-gtbank-zenith-bank/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Penboy: 12:31am On May 02, 2020
Hello house..
Please how can I know the value of the shares I bought years ago with Zenith bank?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 12:57am On May 02, 2020
Coolcash1:

I just did an analysis of the bank’s personnel cost and realized that the cost went up by 35% compared to 2018. While gross income rose by c.40%, net interest income went up by 59.3%. In effect, the effective upside recorded considering surge in staff cost is just 5% increase in gross income and 24% in net interest income.

For instance, I don’t know what the bank is doing with 10 GM, 18 DGM and 33AGM. This is just excess load on the bank’s profitability.

Also, beyond top management pay cut, the bloated perks enjoyed by them should be reduced drastically as part of the rescue plan.

These are desperate times for the bank but
Q2 financial reports will be the arbiter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:58am On May 02, 2020
Penboy:
Hello house..
Please how can I know the value of the shares I bought years ago with Zenith bank?

Go along with acceptable ID (ie any of National ID, Int'l passport, permanent voters card, NIN Slip, Drivers license) to the office of the registrars - Veritas Registrars, 89, Ajose Adeogun street, Victoria Island, Lagos or send mail to enquiry@veritasregistrars.com.
The registrar will tell you the current status of your holdings and if there are outstanding dividends it will be processed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:34am On May 02, 2020
Coolcash1:

Further breakdown of the personnel cost showed that 70 persons were recruited/promoted into management cadre and over 2000 staff recruited in last one year. Thus, number of employees alone last year rose from 3998 to 6553 whilst management increased from 275 to 345.

The cost implication of this distribution is that, Access bank is bottom heavy meaning that if it doesn’t shed weight, efficiency will be eroded and might die natural death with time.

This however does not mean the top management and board should not be touched. There is need for some salary cut and reduction in the number of managers and board directors to complement the gain from the staff reduction.

In the end, i think the step that the bank is taking is tough, painful and hard but justified. However, as a modification, it should consider salary reduction, rather than send over 4900 staff into the labour market to further worsen unemployment in the country.

Very insightful... thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akinola98: 5:02am On May 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Lucky u !!
Mine just landed today
Jijo!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:46am On May 02, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 12:39pm On May 02, 2020
Merger with Diamond bank could be the reason for some of these highlights.

I always feel for our brothers and Sisters which this bank would make to suffer again.

It is well undecided

Coolcash1:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 02, 2020
RabbiDoracle:
USD index is breaking down very fast. Dollar will weaken globally. People will not want to hold USD as a store of value for the time being.

Let's see if it can get to 74.

Oga Oracle,pls what do you advice those of us into importation of computer accessories to do now?
Wait for dollar fall or go on with the present price?
Pls kindly explain the effect in businesses so that we can know the direction of goods/economy.
Thanks and happy weekend sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 8:56pm On May 02, 2020
Access on air again...to close certain branches...

not verified yet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2020
gamaliel9:
not verified yet

The purge of the Diamond Bank elements is on. I have expected this long ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:39pm On May 02, 2020
gamaliel9:

not verified yet
Long overdue. I once visited Unizik in Awka anambra state, an found it hard to understand why access bank would operate two branches in the same university, with both branches separated only by one building(less than a plot of land from each other) they need to close some branches.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 10:25pm On May 02, 2020
Mpeace:
Long overdue. I once visited Unizik in Awka anambra state, an found it hard to understand why access bank would operate two branches in the same university, with both branches separated only by one building(less than a plot of land from each other) they need to close some branches.

This is one thing I dont like about all this consolidation, with the habit of our banks concentrating at a particular spot in a street, u can imagine when zenith and union bank merges the job loss that would be on the horizon........ I kind of love the Japanese system,"very though to get employed in Japan but once employed its for life".....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 10:29pm On May 02, 2020
maishai:

This is one thing I dont like about all this consolidation, with the habit of our banks concentrating at a particular spot in a street, u can imagine when zenith and union bank merges the job loss that would be on the horizon........ I kind of love the Japanese system,"very though to get employed in Japan but once employed its for life".....

you keep working for life and investors keep smiling to the bank, what kind of life is that?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:36pm On May 02, 2020
Mpeace:
Bad for staff, good for investors

Apt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 11:54pm On May 02, 2020
More than 300 branches...up to 10 branches in Anambra
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pepper247(f): 3:21am On May 03, 2020
Hello beautiful people pls when is the best time to invest? Am a new bike and willing to learn pls
Secondly which broker will u advise me to use?
And the present best stocks to invest in
Thank u!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 6:19am On May 03, 2020
pepper247:
Hello beautiful people pls when is the best time to invest? Am a new bike and willing to learn pls
Secondly which broker will u advise me to use?
And the present best stocks to invest in
Thank u!

Invest time reading the last 50 - 100 pages, you will find your answers there, thank me later

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2020
Good morning everyone,

time and again I have seen newbies try to get advice on which stocks to buy without putting the need for proper financial education at the fore.

I strongly recommend that newbies start with learning about how the financial markets work then they can progress into learning how to evaluate stocks before making an attempt to put money into the market purchasing stocks.

Let's learn to put a bit of proper preparation behind what we do. Get proper education first before making investments in the stock market. This way you will save yourself from tales of woe and having to pay "school fees" to the exchange as many have done in the past.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:48am On May 03, 2020
Good morning, please I would like to know how to implement stop loss on morgan capital platform? Like If am expecting price to move from 6.5 to higher price but i want to quickly protect my self against price drop to lets say below 6.2, how can i implement it to execute automatically?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 9:14am On May 03, 2020
Dear Newbies,
Permit me to add my voice to the points Meships raised above.
My brief background:
I started trading in stocks in 2003 as an undergraduate with my tuition fees (what a risk you might say). I’ve experienced a lot of ups and downs in the market. But my biggest heart ache was in 2009 when I received backlash from friends and family who lost huge sums of money because I introduced them to the NSE and they were caught up in the global financial crisis.
After 17 years of being in the market, I still do not count myself to have comprehended, hence I am completely unqualified to advice you on stocks.
But below are a few guides that may help you.

1. Stick to 1 or 2 stocks with sound fundamentals.
You don’t have to own 10 stocks in your portfolio. It’s hard to monitor especially when you’re a trader and not an investor.
2. Buy shares from companies who are market leaders in their various sectors. E.g Nestle, GTB, Dangote Cement, that way you’ll hardly get drowned when push comes to shove.
3. Be careful with Penny stocks.
They have enriched a few but drowned so many. My experience with japaul is a story for another day.
4. Plan your trade and trade your plan.
Paper profit can disappear in the twinkle of an eye. So if your target is 10-15% for a particular trade, secure the bag once you get it. NSE is highly volatile because of JIJOists.
5. Never chase prices.
Study the stocks you target and know when to enter. The market is too dynamic to start chasing prices when a stock starts its rally. If you miss the right entry, chill and wait for another opportunity.
6. Stop flogging a dead horse.
I have never enjoyed the concept of averaging down. It can be depressing for me. (My recent experiences with WAPCO and Dang Sugar come to mind). So how do you prevent this? Set a stop loss for all your trades, don’t get emotionally attached to a stock, and don’t just buy a stock because someone recommended it. Always do your own due diligence.
Finally, you must study. You must show interest in any stock you own. People are here to help you but they want you to ask intelligent questions that show you have done some level of research on your own. How can you own a stock and you don’t know the company’s qualification date even when it had been posted on this forum less than 24 hours prior. Haba!!!! Who does that?
The knowledge on this forum is priceless, many of us can’t pay for the portfolio saving tips that we get here, for this I am grateful to the great minds that share their knowledge with us.
CAVEAT:
-Any stock mentioned here was used for inference and not a buy/sell recommendation.
-I don’t always stick to these guidelines myself, just Incase you catch me doing what I preached against.

29 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5631) (5632) (5633) (5634) (5635) (5636) (5637) ... (7856) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SlahJoe(m), owolabi5, wuwu2 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.