Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,179 members, 7,916,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11320231 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5861) (5862) (5863) (5864) (5865) (5866) (5867) ... (7972) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2020
megamart247:

Sterling now N1.18 hope you are averaging down

what stops you from putting in an order...and see if you will get even 1 unit @1.20

yeye dey smell grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2020
talk2me2:
Wow the alert just arrived.
And I have forwarded the money to my stockbrokers already

One of the benefits of bond investment, someone here bought a 30 year FG bond about 2 years ago at a coupon of 16%.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2020
BullBearMkt:

...Technically, I would like to see strength in Guinness before I put my money down. A stock that just make a 52 week low has higher tendency to go lower.
grin grin grin grin grin

In order words we should wait for Guinness at N10 junction.
Thanks for your candid advice.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 10:25am On Jul 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

One of the benefits of bond investment, someone here bought a 30 year FG bond about 2 years ago at a coupon of 16%.

God forbid i can't buy sterling bank above 30kobo which emmaewumi FairValue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2020
megamart247:

We have heard you...same way you cant buy UACN above N2.00 and zenith above N9.00

...Rest and stop chasing, most important is make sure you make money and not noise!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2020
Rockyfancino:

What I was trying to say is how is your investment protected in case the broker (online) goes bankrupt or bust. I'm interested in long term investment in foreign markets, hence I need to know I will be protected in some way, 10 years plus is along way to go and anything might have happened by then.

You know, it's not as if there's any legal physical paper to sign on. What everyone uses here are just apps (online brokers,) which doesn't have any proof it'll stand the test of time. I think I'm clearer now.

What is shown in troves fine prints:

Trove is a technology platform, not a registered broker-dealer or investment adviser. Trove does not offer its own recommendations of any security or provide its own research to any user regarding any security transaction or order. Please note, investing involves risk and investments may lose value. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Brokerage services are provided by the following:

US-traded securities, including fractional trading, are provided to Trove users by DriveWealth LLC, a regulated member of FINRA/SIPC. Drivewealth is a member of SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org.

Nigerian account traded securities are provided by Sigma Securities LTD, a SEC registered broker-dealer and member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Sigma Securities does not make any personal recommendations to buy, sell or otherwise deal in investments. Investors make their own investment decisions. The services and securities provided by Sigma Securities may not be suitable for all customers and, if you have any doubts, you should seek advice from an independent financial adviser.

Managed Portfolios are provided by ARM Investment Managers, a licensed Asset manager in Lagos, Nigeria.

Trove logo and branding remains the intellectual property of Trove Technologies Limited

I personally would recommend review of the fee structure for these so called apps before signing up for the assumed "convenience" because any thing that is convenient usually has a "convenience fee".
Also with delays in time stamps on transactions these "app owners" will ensure that you wont get the best price for any instrument you trade on due to arbitrage which in my opinion is intentional as well. Lastly there is also the issue of order flow and what price you are getting at the end when you want to sell.
Too complicated and not worth it unless you are the unseen person behind the hood.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Wow 16% that's very intresting. Mine is 12+ % but I got it the secondary market about 3 months ago @ a par value N95 thats a discount of 5% a total of over 17%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2020
DexterousOne:

If a stock broker goes bust

Your details are still gonna be in the register of the company, as kept by the registrars

I get your suspicion as a Nigerian, as coming from the environment we do, you always suspect and doubt everything

But you dont have so much to worry about

He is talking about the American stock side of things.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2020
megamart247:

Well we look for different things from our Investments, I am more concerned about the continuous ability of the investment to generate income and increase the income over the years, book profit when it is overpriced and buy more when it is underpriced.

The investment should give a minimum dividend yield of 10%, PE of less than 10 and maximum dividend pay out ratio of 80%, with ability to increase its earnings over the years

The investment can also have a dividend yield of less than 10%, PE of over 10, but the average earning growth rate of the business in the last 3 years should be higher than the PE.

That is if the PE of the stock is 20, the average earning growth of the stock should be more than 20%.

My opinion though

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2020
Mspwety1:

What is shown in troves fine prints:

Trove is a technology platform, not a registered broker-dealer or investment adviser. Trove does not offer its own recommendations of any security or provide its own research to any user regarding any security transaction or order. Please note, investing involves risk and investments may lose value. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Brokerage services are provided by the following:

US-traded securities, including fractional trading, are provided to Trove users by DriveWealth LLC, a regulated member of FINRA/SIPC. Drivewealth is a member of SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org.

Nigerian account traded securities are provided by Sigma Securities LTD, a SEC registered broker-dealer and member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Sigma Securities does not make any personal recommendations to buy, sell or otherwise deal in investments. Investors make their own investment decisions. The services and securities provided by Sigma Securities may not be suitable for all customers and, if you have any doubts, you should seek advice from an independent financial adviser.

Managed Portfolios are provided by ARM Investment Managers, a licensed Asset manager in Lagos, Nigeria.

Trove logo and branding remains the intellectual property of Trove Technologies Limited

I personally would recommend review of the fee structure for these so called apps before signing up for the assumed "convenience" because any thing that is convenient usually has a "convenience fee".
Also with delays in time stamps on transactions these "app owners" will ensure that you wont get the best price for any instrument you trade on due to arbitrage which in my opinion is intentional as well. Lastly there is also the issue of order flow and what price you are getting at the end when you want to sell.
Too complicated and not worth it unless you are the unseen person behind the hood.

You have said it all.

There is also another problem clearly stated there. Are the stocks they buy in your name or Trove’s name? - for the American stocks?

This is my biggest fear for these platforms.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2020
talk2me2:
Wow 16% that's very intresting. Mine is 12+ % but I got it the secondary market about 3 months ago @ a par value N95 thats a discount of 5% a total of over 17%.

I am just developing interests in bonds. I am not the person who bought a 30 year FG bond oo.

Most businesses may not be able to pay the type of dividends they will pay in 2020 in 2021.

But coupons from bonds will still be paid. It is a very long way of diversifying our Investments

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:48am On Jul 13, 2020
talk2me2:
Wow the alert just arrived.
And I have forwarded the money to my stockbrokers already
pls how can I invest here and how much interest do they give.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:49am On Jul 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Sir how do we buy bonds. I am ready to invest.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Well we look for different things from our Investments, I am more concerned about the continuous ability of the investment to generate income and increase the income over the years, book profit when it is overpriced and buy more when it is underpriced.

The investment should give a minimum dividend yield of 10%, PE of less than 10 and maximum dividend pay out ratio of 80%, with ability to increase its earnings over the years

The investment can also have a dividend yield of less than 10%, PE of over 10, but the average earning growth rate of the business in the last 3 years should be higher than the PE.

That is if the PE of the stock is 20, the average earning growth of the stock should be more than 20%.

My opinion though

By average earnings do you mean net income?

Or compounded annual growth rate?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2020
Mpeace:
Sir how do we buy bonds. I am ready to invest.

@ Ukay, come and educate us ooo

He is a guru in bond investment, he has been buying bonds for close to 20 years. Started Treasury Bill and bond investment before Stock market Investments
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2020
GonFreecss1:

By average earnings do you mean net income?

Or compounded annual growth rate?

You can use compounded annual growth rate or find the average of the annual growth rate.

Eg year 1 = 12%

Year 2= 14%

Year 3= 10%

Average is 12+14+10 divided by 3

36/3= 12%.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2020
Mspwety1:

I had the same exact question in addition to AFRIPUD. Maybe some experienced members can assist on this.
The management of AFRIPUD& UCAP& UBA all seem to be from the same background as Heirs Holdings and seem to share the same messaging for investors.
Their websites are even all identical in appearance and presentations (even though I don't believe it means anything in determining how profitable a business is?)
I don't have much historical background information and was wondering was there a time AFRIPUD & UCAP were subsidiary or offshoots of UBA?

Yes. They all used to be one, including Afriland.

Well. If you are asking how sustainable their business plan is with respect to how they will get more clients and retain them well...

Well... there many things to think about.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2020
Mpeace:
pls how can I invest here and how much interest do they give.
Your Stockbrokers can help you with that.
You will send your mandate to them via email
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2020
GonFreecss1:

Yes. They all used to be one, including Afriland.

Well. If you are asking how sustainable their business plan is with respect to how they will get more clients and retain them well...

Well... there many things to think about.

Thanks.
I assume UCAP may be a great buy for anyone looking from a long term perspective especially considering their dividend yield and low price. Although FDI has dried up lately.
Lets believe that a clearer/friendlier investment environment should help them prosper in the near to medium term.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Interesting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2020
megamart247:

I'm not too sure Guiness will find itself at that bus stop
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2020
Mspwety1:

Thanks.
I assume UCAP may be a great buy for anyone looking from a long term perspective especially considering their dividend yield and low price. Although FDI has dried up lately.
Lets believe that a clearer/friendlier investment environment should help them prosper in the near to medium term.

I'm thinking same.

UCAP for me is a buy and hold

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2020
talk2me2:
Please has anyone receive the coupon payment for the FGS202251 (April 2022 FGN Saving Bond)? It ought to be paid since last Friday but I'm yet to see the alert.

Yup.

But why is FGN Saving Bond rates lower than FGN Bonds rates?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2020
When was the initial public offer of United Capital?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2020
You made a lot of points here. With these apps, one is not in control at all.
Rockyfancino:

What I was trying to say is how is your investment protected in case the broker (online) goes bankrupt or bust. I'm interested in long term investment in foreign markets, hence I need to know I will be protected in some way, 10 years plus is along way to go and anything might have happened by then.

You know, it's not as if there's any legal physical paper to sign on. What everyone uses here are just apps (online brokers,) which doesn't have any proof it'll stand the test of time. I think I'm clearer now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2020
DexterousOne:

If a stock broker goes bust

Your details are still gonna be in the register of the company, as kept by the registrars

I get your suspicion as a Nigerian, as coming from the environment we do, you always suspect and doubt everything

But you dont have so much to worry about

I like the part in bold. Check and recheck before you take the plunge especially when you don't know how deep the river is.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
megamart247:

Guiness @ N10 and "Strength " mean different things oo. grin
Better not to mix the two.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jobaye(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
ositadima1:
More ...
That is a rich wealthy library you got there. Please are you willing to share some , I am very interested.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
STERLING BANK

NEWS LOADING grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Yup.

But why is FGN Saving Bond rates lower than FGN Bonds rates?
I think it is another way to control inflation

(1) (2) (3) ... (5861) (5862) (5863) (5864) (5865) (5866) (5867) ... (7972) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), SonofElElyonRet, 2zona(m), sterlingD(m), dapix and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.