Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,226 members, 7,880,849 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:08 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11149406 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5949) (5950) (5951) (5952) (5953) (5954) (5955) ... (7857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
thesilentone:

It didn't take too long for the market to respond to the results. A wall of sellers is building.

Dont know the attraction in Guiness..
When GTB, Stanbic & Nestle...
Are giving decent positive runs ....
Coupled with handsome int div...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Coolcash1:
Guinness yesterday gra gra don finish.

Coming down to N10.

Bargain hunters who entered based on Peterichy's post to jump out of the bus now!!!

With the poor result, I have shifted entry price to N5

Peter how market? I know you must have sold your position by now and still deceiving newbies to hang on... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
Willie2015:

Dont know the attraction in Guiness..

It's pump and dump niggas at work cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Is there a reason why members of the board of directors of guiness do not have shares of the company?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:
How do you go from 8.9B profit to 12.6B loss in one year? Even Oando non go do like that

The loss is more of an impairment charge on property, plants and assets which in my own opinion is not bad.
My major worry is the increase in administrative expenses and finance cost amidst a reduction in turnover.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
Coolcash1:

With the poor result, I have shifted entry price to N5

Peter how market? I know you must have sold your position by now and still deceiving newbies to hang on... grin

N5 .... for where...
Place it at N3.00 grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
What does this mean sir/ma?
pluto09:

The loss is more of an impairment charge on property, plants and assets which in my own opinion is not bad.
My major worry is the increase in administrative expenses and finance cost amidst a reduction in turnover.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:
What does this mean sir/ma?

There is an explanation to this on note 15

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
jamace:
Whenever I look at PRESCO and OKOMU, I use to have hope that one day FtnCocoa will be like them. .....I have a dream. grin grin
grin grin
Like play, like play, they are patronizing your cocoa small small. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
I imagine a situation where you want to cut your loses and dump your Guinness shares only to mistakenly make a BUY bid without noticing it. If such a thing has ever happened to you, come we have meeting by 3pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:
I imagine a situation where you want to cut your loses and dump your Guinness shares only to mistakenly make a BUY bid without noticing it. If such a thing has ever happened to you, come we have meeting by 3pm
Is that what happened to you? Lol.
Guiness still have bids nah, not a full offer.....maybe not yet sha.
That stock don suffer, but what if it's tired of digging for oyel...... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:

Lol! mine was the opposite. My average entry price for Dangote cement was N143, I wanted to buy more when it dropped to about N115 but I mistakenly sold some at a loss.

It just shows we are human anyway, no need to feel bad about it, it will make you more careful next time!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Lemme add my own story too grin grin

Have you ever placed an offer only to realize you mistakenly bought from yourself at the same higher offer you placed initially. chaiii!!!!

That's what happened last year to me using me phone.

When I want to buy or sell using my phone now, the way I dey use take expand my phone screen eehn, you will think I have double short-sightedness grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IamR: 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
nna777:
Lemme add my own story too grin grin

Have you ever placed an offer only to realize you mistakenly bought from yourself at the same higher offer you placed initially. chaiii!!!!

That's what happened last year to me using me phone.

When I want to buy or sell using my phone now, the way I dey use take expand my phone screen eehn, you will think I have double short-sightedness grin grin grin
Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

Tesla needs to fall towards $278. What will cause it to fall this low will drag:

Dow : 16K
S & P : 1,800
NASDAQ: 5,800

And I truly don't know what will cause it. This is an early warning.

Then lots of EMs and FMs could have contagion effect from the developed market fall. The liquidity driven rally is about to come to an end in my opinion.

Tesla is doing stock split. Tesla trading on Monday will be very interesting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
STNWAUME:

This same Guinness that traded at N300 sometime ago is now struggling at N15 and someone is arguing that NSE is not a burial ground.

Hahahahaha

Burial ground indeed

There are companies that have fallen like that in the NYSE as well
In fact it is more common there sef

What happened to Hertz
And some other listed companies I cannot recall at the moment

These things happen sha
That's what you should know

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
Seunn11:
Could it be that all stocks on NSE are heading to 20 kobo?

Not going to happen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:

It happened to me today (not @Guinness). I bought from myself. I was able to sell same stock a little bit higher later. It helped cover some of the admin charges I would have lost.
I nearly cut my right hand off.

Are u a prophet?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:
Even the markets when he do use make mouth, they non de get slump? See wirecard situation in Germany.

Even Wework
Those ones went underwater too...

Like I said
These things happen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
I greet the House. I am so shock when I went through d comments of FTN cocoa. Their price is na 24 kobo and trade have started wella in d shares. I have been trap dere for years now. With over one million unit. Bought at 56kobo.

I wan run sell oh but d gain Dey keep me.

Please what’s d latest news about them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:

Imagine, making a profit of 70k from disposal of all my AIICO shares and wanted to dispose all my CHAMs too , but mistakenly used all AIICO proceed to buy CHAMs instead, and wasted all the gains.

Omo, I was down for close to 1week, after all the plans made for the gains/profits, now I tripple check before placing any order.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
ojesymsym:

I had plan of selling 9000 units of a stock. I sold about 5000 units months earlier. Then, I wanted to sell the 4000. Unfortunately, I sold 9000 units thus defeating my plan of retaining some units. In this game, mistakes abound.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mcy56:

grin grin
Like play, like play, they are patronizing your cocoa small small. grin
Na so I de see am o.

Cross deals have been happening in the stock since the beginning of this year...Probably change of ownership..

Lets see how it plays out. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
S007:

It happened to me today (not @Guinness). I bought from myself. I was able to sell same stock a little bit higher later. It helped cover some of the admin charges I would have lost.
I nearly cut my right hand off.

Are u a prophet?

How do this happened?? Did u have order for sale initially??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
STNWAUME:

This same Guinness that traded at N300 sometime ago is now struggling at N15 and someone is arguing that NSE is not a burial ground.
It must be a burial ground for you and yours then and not to others
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chibuking81:

My problem with distance online trading is that when the case that will involve physical presence of a customer to pursue his/her case, the country concern like America might deny him/her visa to visit. And those who might not have enough money to pursue their case might ended up being frustrated.
Please help me with answer to these questions.
1. What of in case of eventuality where the stockbroker folded, how can one in Nigeria transfer his/her share to another stockbroker in America?
2. In place like Nigeria that registrar will demand your bank confirmation of signature for your uploaded e-dividend to be approve, how will one in Nigeria investing in American get his/her e-dividend activate in registrar that reside in America, without him/her being physical present and without American residential address?
3. The stockbrokers platform uses to trade foreign stock from Nigeria, are the under which country government regulations like (SEC)?

Am asking to know, because we learn everyday, thanks in anticipation.

1. When you register with the fintechs, they create foreign stockbroking accounts for you with their US partners but if you open with foreign based platforms, it's a direct account. This accounts can be transferred.

How do I know? I tried opening an account on T212, I was asked if I want to move an existing account to them. They told me the form to fill ONLINE.

2. Your dividends are paid into your stockbroking account. The cost of transfering them to your Nigeria account directly will not encourage you to accept direct wire remittance.

3. Trading the NYSE & NASDAQ, the brokers are regulated by US regulator. They also provide insurance to a certain threshold of your holdings.

I believe you can share other concerns and hear opinions in the US stocks thread.

Please note: my answers are not exhaustive and are limited by my experience. Seek professional advise, if you wish to test the waters.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chibuking81:

OK thanks
What of question 1 and 3?

Hope you have some answers now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
dharpzee:

Imagine, making a profit of 70k from disposal of all my AIICO shares and wanted to dispose all my CHAMs too , but mistakenly used all AIICO proceed to buy CHAMs instead, and wasted all the gains.

Omo, I was down for close to 1week, after all the plans made for the gains/profits, now I tripple check before placing any order.

Please, are you still in CHAMS bus? What's the latest, I'm holding some bags I want to offload as soon as it hits my breakeven.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Pls any news on FTN Cocoa that’s making d share price going up?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Krisuba:

How do this happened?? Did u have order for sale initially??

I was selling in batches. The third batch I sent buy instead of sell at same price. I ended up selling to myself before I realized what was happening.
Chai. Never imagined this will happen

(1) (2) (3) ... (5949) (5950) (5951) (5952) (5953) (5954) (5955) ... (7857) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mills55, handsomebolanle, SonofElElyonRet, Payunsin, faoogoke(m), robobo, Ginalex(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.