Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,087 members, 7,916,161 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:42 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11318498 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6554) (6555) (6556) (6557) (6558) (6559) (6560) ... (7971) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
faoogoke:

I was surprised too but that's what the document said.
It said settlement date.
You may want have a look again.

Probably a typo. Happens all the time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:13am On Dec 26, 2021
faoogoke:

I was surprised too but that's what the document said.
It said settlement date.
You may want have a look again.

Settlement date, is when you Investment will be booked by the issuing house. CBN is the registrar of FGN bonds, the settlement date is the date your name is booked in the register of Sukuk Investors

You coupon will be paid 6 months and 12 months after the settlement date

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:22am On Dec 26, 2021
IYGEAL:

Probably a typo. Happens all the time.

Not a typo, but understanding the meaning of settlement date is the problem

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:24am On Dec 26, 2021
faoogoke:

The FGN Sukuk is said to be over subscribed. Just wondering if they will tamper will allocation for individual subscribers and when they will pay what they were supposed to pay yesterday.

Money dey the country, over N820 billion raised in 5 days during Christmas week. Mind you MTN also raised over N100 billion few days before this Sukuk offer

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:26am On Dec 26, 2021
History555:

I think ttn is owed by the guys that own chivita.

We don't know the amount paid for Union Bank acquisition, the bank is a fringe player in the industry and will definitely need more capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 7:28am On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Settlement date, is when you Investment will be booked by the issuing house. CBN is the registrar of FGN bonds, the settlement date is the date your name is booked in the register of Sukuk Investors

Okay. This explains it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by faoogoke(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Appreciate for the education.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Money dey the country, over N820 billion raised in 5 days during Christmas week. Mind you MTN also raised over N100 billion few days before this Sukuk offer
I bet its primarily institutional investors
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

I bet its primarily institutional investors

Yes.

Reason why individual investor who invested N100 million and below would be fully alloted.

The big boys came in few hours to the deadline.

DMO increased the coupon from 12.8% to 13% about 9 hours to the deadline which was midnight of 23rd December 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Yes.

Reason why those who invested N100 million and below would be fully alloted.

The big boys came in few hours to the deadline.

DMO increased the coupon from 12.8% to 13% about 9 hours to the deadline which was midnight of 23rd December 2021
All well and good to them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

All well and good to them.

To those of us who invested

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

To those of us who invested
Oww
So you are part of them
Congratulations sir....
My own focus is the equities market and mutual (money market) funds.......
I am still a "retail investor" sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Oww
So you are part of them
Congratulations sir....
My own focus is the equities market and mutual (money market) funds.......
I am still a "retail investor" sir.

Fixed income is for everybody that needs a predictable and steady cashflow, this cashflow can then be invested in equities on a regular basis.

With 100k you can buy FG bonds in the secondary market.

An investor cannot live on equities alone

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Fixed income is for everybody that needs a predictable and steady cashflow, this cashflow can then be invested in equities on a regular basis.

With 100k you can buy FG bonds in the secondary market.

An investor cannot live on equities alone
That's true
That's why I do mutual funds for daily returns
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

That's true

When returns on treasury bill and money instruments went down to 5% last year, those who bought bonds enjoyed up to 80% capital appreciation on their investments
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

When returns on treasury bill and money instruments went down to 5% last year, those who bought bonds enjoyed up to 80% capital appreciation on their investments

A N100 bond with a 16% coupon, must increase to N200 or thereabout to give a yield of 8% which was higher than money market yield in 2020

N200 bond at a coupon of N16, will give a yield of 8%.

Capital appreciation is not possible with cash or money market instruments

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
3M to 16M challenge. Start with 3M in January 2022 and end December 2022 with 16M. Is it doable?

At +15% compounded monthly. Trading singles or multiples within d month.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
ositadima1:
3M to 16M challenge. Start with 3M in January 2022 and end December 2022 with 16M. Is it doable?

It is possible?

Can it be consistent for 3 years, that is a difficult one to answer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

That's true
Is mutual funds daily return or monthly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It is possible?

Can it be consistent for 3 years, that is a difficult one to answer.

To pull it off, such person should have mastered fundamental analysis as well as technical analysis.

He should know how to compute intrinsic values and be able to marry it with market sentiments.

Technical analysis for entry/exit, buying mostly deeps and occasional riding uptrends.

Very hard, but doable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
ositadima1:

Trading in what pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2021
ositadima1:

To pull it off, such person should have mastered fundamental analysis as well as technical analysis.

He should know how to compute intrinsic values and be able to marry it with market sentiments.

Technical analysis for entry/exit, buying mostly deeps and occasional riding uptrends.

Very hard, but doable.
The person needs luck and divine assistance because of one word that is not easy to calculate
.... sentiment (human behavior). Oga if you can even do 3m to 10 m in a year na to hire your services oh

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
Trading in what pls

I have shown it before on the forum, that many stocks make 5% to 10%, even more within d month. A couple do it then settle back where they started at month end, I have been observing. Some of the above are very liquid. A month has up to 20 trading days. Why can't it be done?

Why can't someone be clever enough to seize the opportunity, just 15% a month?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
ositadima1:

I have shown it before on the forum, that many stocks make 5% to 10%, even more within d month. A couple do it then settle back where they started at month end, I have been observing. Some of the above are very liquid. A month has up to 20 trading days. Why can't it be done?

Yes you are right.I have seen some stock do 20 percent in two - three days straight mostly insurance stocks.The wahala is this stocks fit make your BP go high too .And to catch them is not easy as most trade on sentiment and magic,lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
Good day fine people!
Trust you are all doing alright and keeping safe.

Pls kindly permit me one small, to reecho these thoughts from near a year ago.

Have you taken out some time to pay it forward (extend to others) a part of the blessing that God has showered upon you?
Honestly, after going down on our knees to thank God for the privilege of life and his bountiful grace upon us, it is by far the next best thing to do... the most appropriate way to end the remainder of the year and kick start yet another!

Pls kindly take out some time to visit the nearest ORPHANAGE, CARE/DISABILITY CENTER or HOSPITAL near you. …for it is gestures and acts like these that makes for a MEANINGFUL, PURPOSEFUL and WORTHY LIFE… and most importantly, one that ultimately pleases God!
As Winston Churchill puts it; "We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."

Without a doubt, I intend to do the same.
...will be touring 5 orphanage and care centers cut accross 2 different states with a few other persons to extend of our window's mite.
As a small fellow from a humble background, I consider it a thing of privilege to do this with close friends.

Pls I encourage you to do the same. Extend a helping hand to someone near you today. ...just do it... wherever you are.
Kindly note that nothing can be considered too small.
Your act of kindness might just help turnaround a dare situation or even be the support tool to save a soul.
There can be no better act of living than reaching down and lifting people up. ...believe me when I say that nothing can be more significant!
Indeed there is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving. And remember that when you give, you create the needed room for Divine to bless you even more!
As Mary A. Radmacher once said; "As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way."

Granted, the year 2021 might have been a tough one, but I strongly believe that 2022 will be much better for all of us!
As we strive to engage in various legitimate investment channels to better our lives, may we also remember to always keep a good standing with God. …for that part, is everything!

Beyond investments and all there is to it, my personal and honest desire would be to end the year in the best possible way while praying for a HEALTHY, FULFILLING and DIVINE-GUIDED LIFE for my family (both nuclear and extended), friends and well-wishers. …I wish you even more!

We are just over 7,850 minutes into the new year… I warmly welcome you all to 2022 in advance.
Hopefully, it shall mark the beginning of a new dawn for everyone of us.
May the greatest and finest moments of 2021 be the smallest moments in 2022!

Regards and Jah bless!

"One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone."
- Shannon L. Adler

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
Is mutual funds daily return or monthly

Interest are calculated daily, but paid every quarter
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
ositadima1:

Very hard, but doable.

Too much book dey worry you. It is possible, but cant be consistent, by the 3 year the market will take back what it gave you.

500% annual return should turn your N3 million to about N8 billion or more in 5 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
ositadima1:

Showing or observing such returns is different from peesonally achieving it

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
Yes you are right.I have seen some stock do 20 percent in two - three days straight mostly insurance stocks.The wahala is this stocks fit make your BP go high too .And to catch them is not easy as most trade on sentiment and magic,lol

Below is chart showing number of stocks that returned under/over 10% by month end. And total column is d total stocks considered.

December 2021 was far better than November, less red.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Too much book dey worry you. It is possible, but cant be consistent, by the 3 year the market will take back what it gave you.

500% annual return should turn your N3 million to about N4 billion or more in 5 years

Haba, by d time u hit 30 to 50 million it would be unsustainable. The market is not that liquid. Na to dey recycle, start with 3 end with 16, then re-wash.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Showing or observing such returns is different from peesonally achieving it

Look at that chart, I see d chart I see endless possibilities. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
ositadima1:

Look at that chart, I see d chart I see endless possibilities. grin tongue

I said it is possible, but cant be consistent for 2 years sef

(1) (2) (3) ... (6554) (6555) (6556) (6557) (6558) (6559) (6560) ... (7971) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mails4funshi(m), badaru1(m), Panadee, Raider76, cocolacec(m), nedu666, mosh2035(m), onegentleguy, Zegra, Mills55, megafaraday(m), Princkez, Saybal(m), gbengafaro1986 and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.