Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,038 members, 7,915,997 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:41 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11317544 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6607) (6608) (6609) (6610) (6611) (6612) (6613) ... (7970) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Send a mail to the issuing house to give you your confirmation letter.

I have gotten mine and have sent to my stockbroker for onward movement to my cscs account
Ok thanks,will look for thr mail address or if you can share it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Time will tell.

Invest in businesses you understand, buy when they are cheap and growth potentials are there

No definite answer here it goes beyond been cheap is the business model sustainable in the long run? Time will tell as u said

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Topson88: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
Capitas7:

On the positive side, there are enough stocks with growth potentials to go round.
Examples of growth potential stocks please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kereokwu(f): 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
You can check morgan capital its a stock broking firm, they used to have a video of how to trade for beginners don't know if it still there.

Elderniercri:

Ok thanks but no stockbroker app?
Person like me whey dy trade change for a start… I just want to get a hang of it bfr going into it totally

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
YoungBuffet:

No definite answer here it goes beyond been cheap is the business model sustainable in the long run? Time will tell as u said

With an annual compounded growth rate of over 20% in the past 9 years that should tell you if it is sustainable or not.

From a dividend of 10k in 2013 to N1.50k in 2022 should also tell you if it is sustainable or not

Table prepared by Dr Awo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Standardguy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
Dear esteemed Members of this great forum,

Do we forsee a situation whereby NSE will tank as a result of USA's expected interest rate increase in the month of March especially as March in most cases is bearish?

If this is possible, is it right to reduce exposure to the stock market and come back later to buy at cheaper prices?

I ask because if goes through, some traders may come back to the market to pick good dividend stocks at cheaper prices even before the closing date.

Please, your advice is highly needed.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IamR: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
I just dey laugh...bring out your UCAP, we go clear am even at N18.
Congratulations to those in the bus already.

Chei, it seems some people no just HAPPY.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IamR: 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
yMcy56:
UCAP
2021 FYE Dividend Information:
Div: N1.50k
Qualification Date: March 8, 2022
Payment Date: March 23, 2022
Registrar: Africa Prudential
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35141_UNITED_CAPITAL_PLC%20DIVIDEND_INFORMATION_CORPORATE_ACTI.pdf
Thank you ma.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
I knew something was brewing when employees of UCAP were loading the stock hand over fist late last year. Every time I check the NGX disclosure website, there is an insider buy update! I wish I had more UCAP but I believe more buying opportunities will come.

Another company with massive insider buys is Stanbic, hopefully Stanbic will surprise with decent dividend payment.Fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ades1:

I knew something was brewing when employees of UCAP were loading the stock hand over fist late last year. Every time I check the NGX disclosure website, there is an insider buy update! I wish I had more UCAP but I believe more buying opportunities will come.

Another company with massive insider buys is Stanbic, hopefully Stanbic will surprise with decent dividend payment.Fingers crossed

Stanbic will deliver.

You know Stanbic is a combination of Banking and Investment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bepositive11: 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

There is a thread for mutual funds. If you must do mutual funds do it for money market funds, fixed income funds or balanced fund, more for diversification and financial planning.

Better to learn how to buy stocks yourself

Thank you sir. I really appreciate it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

Stanbic will deliver.

You know Stanbic is a combination of Banking and Investment.

I hope so because that's not the sentiment being shared here, time will tell
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
yMcy56:
UCAP LAUNCH OF INFRASTRUCTURAL FUND
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34330_UNITED_CAPITAL_PLC%20LAUNCH_OF_INFRASTRUCTURE_FUND_CORPO.pdf
October 25, 2021 post......
You can open and read the link.

** NB: Not Amy form of conviction to anyone, just as a form of reply to one or two ogas asking about sustainability of UCAP'S revenue, just one out of many likely in the pipeline*"

E be like say my wahala too much for this UCAP matter self. grin I pray God rewards me. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
IamR:
Thank you ma.
Compliment of the season sir or ma. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kubold: 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

There loans are all secured so will continue to perform.

Not possible for equities and bond market to be down at the same time, that is the essence of diversification

Wheather the market is down or not, they always make money from the fees collected on the funds managed by the Asset Management and Trustee

Stockbroking is the smallest among the businesses in the group.

How many public offers did they have in 2021?

Nigeria needs Investments, and United Capital will continue to make money by harnessing the investment opportunities in the country.

Watch out for when the Infrastructure Fund will come on board

In this business the way Investors reason and analyse is different from how traders reason and analyse
Man. Is there a way to get this in-depth knowledge of the market you guys have? I have been sifting through the group from page 1 but there's a ton of stuff... I really want to invest and earn from promising stocks down here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Happyfellow147: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
And what's happening to GTCO?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kubold:
Man. Is there a way to get this in-depth knowledge of the market you guys have? I have been sifting through the group from page 1 but there's a ton of stuff... I really want to invest and earn from promising stocks down here.

Don't rush, the race you are getting into is not a sprint but a marathon. You can't get everything in a jiffy. It takes time. Actually the knowledge of the stock market is gotten both by reading and experience. It takes some time. Start with the little you know and keep at it.
All gurus was once a novice. It's a matter of time if you have the interest you can get the knowledge and experience with time.
It's always good to start stocks investment having a long term in view and build your confidence gradually before diving into trading. If you start trading as a novice it may seems to you like gambling.

First thing is to open a stockbroking account and as you read and get exposed to some stuffs on this thread, filter the chaff from the wheat and go ahead and practice.

Remember no superman in the stock market, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose; even people like Warren Buffet can get it wrong at times so be prepared! Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 11:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
Happyfellow147:

You are not alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 1:59am On Feb 20, 2022
Topson88:

Examples of growth potential stocks please.
Some are being discussed here on a regular basis. What qualifies as growth potential stocks for me might not qualify as same for you my bro/sis.

The following is not part of the answer to the question, but meant to shed more light on my post:
Most of the stocks that surprised investors (positively) and those that shocked investors (negatively) were either discussed or mentioned on this platform. UCAP was discussed in 2016. Guiness was mentioned by 2 or 3 bosses here, similar story for Vitafoam, some pharmaceutical companies and so on. Sound fundamentals, consistency, management, etc. exist in many stocks, such that in a matter of some time, they will be the center of the market's attention. The price paid for uncalculated FOMO is sometimes more frustrating than living with the bitterness of missing out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 10:48am On Feb 20, 2022
Bought 117,000 units of Ncr on Friday even bidded for more based on what I read on this forum. I intend to buy more on Monday. I just believe I can be getting good dividend from it in the near future.

Hope I am right?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2022
.... Our role as asset manager is to CONNECT INVESTORS TO THE CAPITAL MARKET through our various investment products particularly the mutual funds and we are committed to continue to contribute our quota towards the development of the mutual fund industry in Nigeria...... Odiri Oginni CEO UCAP Asset Management Ltd.

The above Substantiates my earlier statement that there is interconnectivity in the financial space with the capital market serving as the hub. Even UCAP ASSET management business profits hugely from the capital market and so also their other businesses. So it's wrong to see their 10% stockbroking business as the only beneficiary from the capital market. I reiterate that the financial space is largely interconnected and the market is the hub. As such UCAPs current outstanding performance is hugely tied to massive gains from market tupsy turvy of recent past. This does not happen every now and then. Rest case...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 11:44am On Feb 20, 2022
Payunsin:
Bought 117,000 units of Ncr on Friday even bidded for more based on what I read on this forum. I intend to buy more on Monday. I just believe I can be getting good dividend from it in the near future.

Hope I am right?

Which dividend?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:57am On Feb 20, 2022
safepaulooo:
.... Our role as asset manager is to CONNECT INVESTORS TO THE CAPITAL MARKET through our various investment products particularly the mutual funds and we are committed to continue to contribute our quota towards the development of the mutual fund industry in Nigeria...... Odiri Oginni CEO UCAP Asset Management Ltd.

The above Substantiates my earlier statement that there is interconnectivity in the financial space with the capital market serving as the hub. Even UCAP ASSET management business profits hugely from the capital market and so also their other businesses. So it's wrong to see their 10% stockbroking business as the only beneficiary from the capital market. I reiterate that the financial space is largely interconnected and the market is the hub. As such UCAPs current outstanding performance is hugely tied to massive gains from market tupsy turvy of recent past. This does not happen every now and then. Rest case...

We have debt capital market or bond, we also have equity capital market or the stockmarket.

The bone of contention is the sustainability of the performance.

If they still have the size of asset under management, it is more than sustainable

Google the december 2021 fact sheet for united capital asset management.

They have less than N1 billion in their equity mutual fund.

N110 billion in fixed income mutual fund.

Over N20 billion in money market mutual fund

$150 million in their Eurobond mutual fund.

As fund managers they earn fees based on the size of funds they manage for their clients.

The growth of the fund from N9 billion to over N200 billion within 3 years is a major factor to their performance.

Will the fund under management increase? Yes it will.

They use technology ie their investnow app. With N5000 anyone can invest in any of their mutual funds, with $1000 one can invest in their Eurobond fund.

The Trustee also has about N100 billoon worth of Assets in the Trust accounts managed for clients.

I wont be surprised if the asset under managenent increases by 20% in 2022

Invest in companies, where you understand their source of cashflow.

I have been a client since 2005, when the company was known as UBA Capital opetating from Raymond House Marina Lagos

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
safepaulooo:

Looking forward to ubcap Q1 2022 .If it comes out better than Q1 2021 then my guy your assumptions holds no ground. For now lets enjoy the price appreciation and dividend

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Biafran4life:
Looking forward to ubcap Q1 2022 .If it comes out better than Q1 2021 then my guy your assumptions holds no ground. For now lets enjoy the price appreciation and dividend

Those guys are fast, they will send Q1 result within 2 weeks after dividend payment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Uba will definitely come out with a total dividend of not less than #1 based on uncap dividend. They won't want a slap from shareholders and uba falling to the range of fidelity as per price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
Pls anyone with idea if the updc reit that was shared by uacn was qualified for the .18k dividend declared. If yes ,pls who is the registrar.I just went through the list of dividend for 2022 and saw they declared .18 k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls anyone with idea if the updc reit that was shared by uacn was qualified for the .18k dividend declared. If yes ,pls who is the registrar.I just went through the list of dividend for 2022 and saw they declared .18 k
First Registrars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WhoDeyThere(m): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
Good afternoon bosses in the house, please how do I login into my cscs account opened for me during the mtn public offer?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
Payunsin:

Hope I am right?

Seriously?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
Happyfellow147:

If this goes low enough i will jump in ..what goes down must come up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
How can we go from striving to thriving? From being rich to being wealthy? What is the difference between being rich and being wealthy? How can I live a better life using principle from investing.

These questions and much more are answered on this weeks episode of the podcast as we chat with Mr Etinosa Omoregie, Founder of Money Culture Investments and Bole King about The conscious accumulation of wealth. 

Thanks for listening.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/50--The-conscious-accumulation-of-wealth-A-chat-with-Mr-Etinosa-Omoregie-e1ekco1

(1) (2) (3) ... (6607) (6608) (6609) (6610) (6611) (6612) (6613) ... (7970) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kdaddy, cocolacec(m), Redoil, defebe, Emndy(m), Sexybeautiful(f), Princkez, Mfunkynation(m), GeeKudi(m), xezoid(m), naturalflow, crownprince2017, sterlingD(m), leparj(m), Emir01, coinbrood, Boshins, dapix and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.