Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,143 members, 7,916,349 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11319689 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7017) (7018) (7019) (7020) (7021) (7022) (7023) ... (7972) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:17pm On May 31, 2023
grin
emmanuelewumi:

Not liquid, but gives predictable dividends twice in a year.

The Architect who introduced UPDC REIT stock to me 5 years ago, will go home with a dividend of N3.2 million today. Not too bad for an illiquid stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2023
Can you see the divergence in Airtel?

Agbalowomeri:

Hopefully it's time to chase Airtel
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 6:18pm On May 31, 2023
Games that people play.

grin grin
emmanuelewumi:

Some prefer to do dangerous play or JIJO with the predictable dividends from their investments, if they lose money they are sure of getting another fund to play with in another 6 months to 12 months
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 6:54pm On May 31, 2023
Zagee:

Well said.

But all right policies are expected
to De-value the naira.

Nigeria is in one big maze over the next 12 months. And I see only the financial markets winning. Sadly, that's not all what constitute the Nigerian economy 😢

If the issue of security is resolved over the next 12 months, the commodity boards (the president talked about) kick off effectively and efficiently. The non oil export growth that can be seen in CBN data of the last couple of years will rise with a greater incline. The people and not only the markets will surely benefit if that plays out. As states and regions start exploiting their comparative advantages more aggressively for local and global consumption. Lot's of people like that guy with the vision of planting cassava will surely benefit. But some LPI's and FPI's who positioned early will reap more shocked Essentially when they book profit on those who come very late to the party kiss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 7:26pm On May 31, 2023
lancee:
When u sold this morning and are thinking you booked a nice profit , then market recovers

Would u wait for a more pullback tomorrow or you buy again at same price u sold grin

stockbroking fee grin**

Holding most of my stock i bought low for now

Holding zenith tight till 66. But average down too is also value investing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 7:28pm On May 31, 2023
BabsO2:

If the issue of security is resolved over the next 12 months, the commodity boards (the president talked about) kick off effectively and efficiently. The non oil export growth that can be seen in CBN data of the last couple of years will rise with a greater incline. The people and not only the markets will surely benefit if that plays out. As states and regions start exploiting their comparative advantages more aggressively for local and global consumption. Lot's of people like that guy with the vision of planting cassava will surely benefit. But some LPI's and FPI's who positioned early will reap more shocked Essentially when they book profit on those who come very late to the party kiss

That is if PBAT use the right people not those he will want to compensate on political ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 31, 2023
yMcy56:

Jagaban don bring you out.....E Ku plenty days o.. wink

* T+3 is talking about cash settlement date...when you sell and wish to withdraw from the amount into your bank acct...OR, when you plan to buy before qualification date.
* If you sell a day before markdown, you WON'T qualify for Dividend.
* To qualify for Dividend, you have to sell after final qualification date.

Thank you, Sis.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 8:46pm On May 31, 2023
yMcy56:

Oga shey you dey take people play ni?
Don't seems to understand you....but in whatever, pls don't confuse we newbies o.

One thing I know is that some of these stocks were analysed and are FA healthy....even TA wise, they are looking up according to charts.

The penny stocks are holding up....... it's mostly banking displaying at the moment...

I sha know say time never reach for Oga Oracle's prediction..... we're still watching the wonders of Mr. Market... smiley

One of the things causing positive reaction in market attached:

You should have gone through his post history. He is an MBA forex advocate. That should tell you all you need to know

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 31, 2023
thesilentone:
Games that people play.

grin grin

I invest for dividends and long term capital gains. I try to buy low and hold for long. Can trading with 3M cover rent and school fees, I just need 1M yearly. Or should I increase a little.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:00pm On May 31, 2023
phoinix:

I invest for dividends and long term capital gains. I try to buy low and hold for long. Can trading with 3M cover rent and school fees, I just need 1M yearly. Or should I increase a little.

You should focus on what you know how to do. Trading is difficult.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:21pm On May 31, 2023
phoinix:

With a risk of your 3M turning 1.5M

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:21pm On May 31, 2023
ASI still closed +ve today despite the red witnessed..
* ACCESS again topped the volume table with 98M+.....
* Guess we can conveniently say: "Hold your ACCESS tight if you have it"... something we don't know yet is happening behind curtains......
** Let's keep watching whatever they're up to...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:36pm On May 31, 2023
BabsO2:
Perhaps FPI are taking positions. In a couple of weeks, NGX will tell us the split in FPI and LPI
Maybe..... because the volumes and values are much!!

It could also be that some are converting Dollars to Naira and taking position in NGX...
If some of these policies are implented or start taking effect, Dollar biz may witness serious decline...
With subsidy removal, Naira may begin to appreciate against $$....so, before $$ starts losing value, they're already being smart with it.
My newbie's opinion. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:54pm On May 31, 2023
yMcy56:
ASI still closed +ve today despite the red witnessed..
* ACCESS again topped the volume table with 98M+.....
* Guess we can conveniently say: "Hold your ACCESS tight if you have it"... something we don't know yet is happening behind curtains......
** Let's keep watching whatever they're up to...
The bank has progressed seriously and in a short time might conveniently challenge the likes of Gtb and Zenith at the very top.
In q1, there Eps was less than that of zenith with just 4kobo, and over that of gtb by 2kobo.
Access bank should be up there. They only need to be more prudent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 8:40am On Jun 01, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2023
Mpeace:
The bank has progressed seriously and in a short time might conveniently challenge the likes of Gtb and Zenith at the very top.
In q1, there Eps was less than that of zenith with just 4kobo, and over that of gtb by 2kobo.
Access bank should be up there. They only need to be more prudent.

Access Bank is the 3rd force in Nigeria banking and its catching up faster with the 2 leading players.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2023
naturalflow:
Tinubulllllllll!https://www.nairaland.com/7710885/cbn-devalues-naira-630-1

What does this mean for those saving in USD?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2023
toyeoye:

Official rate and black market rate will meet at some point(Unification). Unfortunately, its not happening soon as we don't have enough USD reserve to defend the naira(Even with Dangote's refinery). If you're thinking of bringing in your USD into the country, you should expect your yield on whatever naira venture you want to go into to be moderately high on a long-term basis. Else, its not wise saving those funds in any Nigerian bank.

*I did not advice you, I only made a comment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:37am On Jun 01, 2023
Zagee:

Official rate and black market rate will meet at some point(Unification). Unfortunately, its not happening soon as we don't have enough USD reserve to defend the naira(Even with Dangote's refinery). If you're thinking of bringing in your USD into the country, you should expect your yield on whatever naira venture you want to go into to be moderately high on a long-term basis. Else, its not wise saving those funds in any Nigerian bank.

Very correct, not now $$$ will still sell for N800-1000 soon as we don't have enough dollar to quench our hunger. Time for me to go into US stocks, I pray economy calamity happens so I get dividend paying stocks cheaper.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2023
toyeoye:

it means that your USD under your pillow should be brought out now.At 630 all foreign port investors waiting outside are coming back to naija with their dollarsssss,USD everywhere,NSE becomes point and kill.shallom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:41am On Jun 01, 2023
naturalflow:
it means that your USD under your pillow should be brought out now.At 630 all foreign port investors waiting outside are coming back to naija with their dollarsssss,USD everywhere,NSE becomes point and kill.shallom

Is the dollar available to repatriate their gain? Some have been hooked all these while reinvesting their dividends and gains

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2023
Zagee:

I believe that the black market price of the dollar will come down to match the official price if the CBN opens up the foreign exchange market to all who need it. With the removal of fuel subsidies, the CBN can defend the naira at that price. Defending the naira at N461.6 is much more difficult than it is at N631.

All is not lost yet, and these moves can make us better or worse depending on how the new administration handles other factors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LordAdam16: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2023
ositadima1:

I believe that the black market price of the dollar will come down to match the official price if the CBN opens up the foreign exchange market to all who need it. With the removal of fuel subsidies, the CBN can defend the naira at that price. Defending the naira at N461.6 is much more difficult than it is at N631.

All is not lost yet, and these moves can make us better or worse depending on how the new administration handles other factors.

CBN has tagged that report as Fake News. Like literally.

https://twitter.com/cenbank/status/1664188877555355654

I still think this is a "where there's smoke..." situation.

It may be wise for those with huge $ holdings to shave off some of it. Buy back after the rate merging is complete. Tinubu has said there will be a single rate and that will happen in the near term. Rates fell as low as 705 in the black market amidst the panic. It's back up right now. But this is a prelude.

When it rains, it pours in the parallel market.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 9:58am On Jun 01, 2023
Today's trading would probably end bullish.

The US Dollar/Naira news is going to impact the market positively.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:59am On Jun 01, 2023
LordAdam16:

It may be wise for those with huge $ holdings to shave off some of it. Buy back after the rate merging is complete. Tinubu has said there will be a single rate and that will happen in the near term. Rates fell as low as 705 in the black market amidst the panic. It's back up right now. But this is a prelude.

-Lord

Ok, Thanks for the info.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2023
EDUECO:
Today's trading would probably end bullish.

Yes people should buy and buy targeting index at 90,000
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:06am On Jun 01, 2023
YoungBuffet:

If the right economic policies are implemented by this administration,90,000 would probably be achieved in 8 years time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2023
EDUECO:

If the right economic policies are implemented by this administration,90,000 would probably be achieved in 8 years time.
Not doubting it but u guys are just concentrating on this administration alone! What about global economy? Are we immuned against global economic crash, are we immuned against oil crash? Why do we look at one direction only. That was why I said I see things differently while hoping on 90k. It may however happen soonest if DRY is listed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 10:14am On Jun 01, 2023
naturalflow:

CBN has debunked but it good there is a heads-up it might happen soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:17am On Jun 01, 2023
YoungBuffet:

Dey calm down...

Small Small... cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 10:18am On Jun 01, 2023
toyeoye:

CBN has debunked but it good there is a heads-up it might happen soon

Na script it will happen.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:18am On Jun 01, 2023
LordAdam16:

-Lord

They can debunk all they want. That naira MUST be de-valued if they are trying to live post subsidy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7017) (7018) (7019) (7020) (7021) (7022) (7023) ... (7972) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: stronglink, bassEQ2000, mails4funshi(m), FreeStuffsNG, Victoryissure(m), gamaliel9, Buchika, Alagbalaowo, Boshins, Hogwarthtrades, cocolacec(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.