Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,097 members, 7,980,870 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11717946 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7081) (7082) (7083) (7084) (7085) (7086) (7087) ... (8303) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SmartMoneyGuy: 8:17am On Jun 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Non shareholders also attend the meetings, they bring jobless people in their communities to attend the AGM.

Most of us who don't attend AGM, some people attend such meetings on our behalf through proxy. It is a syndicate between some of the shareholders associations, Registrars and the company secretaries.

Imagine having a total portfolio size of about 500k, but getting 4 times of the amount as your own share of the AGM expenses from the company.

For praise singing it starts from 5k to 100k depending on the praise singer and the level of rot in the company.

If you a member of the audit committee that one is about 20k to over 200k per sitting and they are expected to sit 4 times a year.

They don't need fundamental, technical or sentimental analysis for this, they only need corruption analysis.

I am laughing so hard now.. and also learning.

Now I know TA, FA, SA and today CA -Corruption Analysis.
NSEMPA na the reall place to learn

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2023
essentialone:

99% of people who attend AGMs are there for only 3 things.

1. The free food and free gifts
2. The meeting sitting allowance that is normally given to the do called Chairman or Chairlady of different shareholders associations. to be distributed to their supporters and praise singers.
3. To vote in their own paddy paddy as Members of the audit committee of the company. the duty of the audit committee is to allow the management of the company, the board of directors, and the external auditors to prepare doctored financial reports. In return they get well paid. During some of these AGMs, those contesting for the audit committee jobs, go to their villages, often Yorubas, make I call name now, and import several hungry old men and women who they have bought 1 unit each of the company for , so that they can come in and be allowed to vote, of course for them.

They have a complete list of all the AGMs to be held in Lagos state for the year, and would vehemently fight any company that dares not to do it's AGM in Lagos state.

All those who attend AGMs are mostly old and poor persons who have at least 1 unit of shares in all the companies in NGX & NASD. They are neither investors nor traders in the stock market. Just exploiting the policy of companies to provide refreshments and attendance allowances during Meetings. And AGMs being a Company Meeting, do the maths by yourself.

Yorubas don't be offended ooo. Na wetyn I see I talk.
Dear @essentialone,
Your post above is nothing but highly offensive! It is unfortunate that you address some people who attend AGMs as old and poor. How did you arrive at such a conclusion?

-Is it because of the way they dress?
-Is it their inability to speak Queen's English?
I don't want to bring up your stereotypes about Yorubas, whom you disparage, but your assumptions about people whom you don't have full knowledge about are evident throughout your post. I wonder if you've seen my mother at such AGMs, you would probably label her as a poor Yoruba woman attending the AGM because of this and that shocked

While I understand your frustration about how AGMs are conducted and share your desire for more productive and serious meetings, I cannot sit back and read your dismissive remarks about people who may not have had the opportunity to pass through the four corners of a classroom, yet understand the value of investment, without pointing out the issue.
embarassed

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 8:38am On Jun 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Akokite for life. I stayeɗ at Fagunwa Hall, Makama Hall, Jaja Hall, El Kanemi Halll

Wow. Brotherly for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2023
essentialone:
On paper, everything seems well at Unity Bank, but a worrying note from independent auditors, KPMG, on the financial health of Unity Bank should bother investors. A note from independent auditors, KPMG, has raised questions over the financial health of Nigeria’s Unity Bank. These questions became pertinent after the lender’s total liabilities exceeded its total assets by ₦274.9 billion for the full-year ended December 31, 2022. Per its financial statements, the bank recorded total assets of ₦510 billion in full-year 2022, compared to ₦538 billion in 2021. On the part of its total liabilities, the bank recorded ₦785 billion in 2022, as against ₦815 billion recorded in 2021. Analysts from KPMG wrote a note regarding this situation in its books, highlighted it as a “growing concern.”

I thought that the credibility of the financial statements lies with the auditing firms. And any wayo if found will bring serious penalties to the auditors.

Also, I don't understand the argument you are making when you said "on paper, everything seems well" and went on to quote the same financial statements with assets as 510 billion and liabilities as 785 billion. Isn't that a negative 275 billion in equity?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2023
Auditors have no penalties to pay if there are issues with a company's financial books. Their disclaimers are stated categorically in their letters before you read the annual report.

Case in point- all the US banks that went under in the last few months were audited grin grin

It is a buyers beware - one of the shortfalls about fundamental analysis - the ability of crooks to cook the books in conjunction with a lot of parties. grin

ositadima1:

I thought that the credibility of the financial statements lies with the auditing firms. And any wayo if found will bring serious penalties to the auditors.

Also, I don't understand the argument you are making when you said "on paper, everything seems well" and went on to quote the same financial statements with assets as 510 billion and liabilities as 785 billion. Isn't that a negative 275 billion in equity?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2023
thesilentone:
Auditors have no penalties to pay if there are issues with a company's financial books. Their disclaimers are stated categorically in their letters before you read the annual report.

Case in point- all the US banks that went under in the last few months were audited grin grin

It is a buyers beware - one of the shortfalls about fundamental analysis - the ability of crooks to cook the books in conjunction with a lot of parties. grin

With the current negative shareholders fund of N275 billion an increase of N25 billion compared to the previous years,

Unity Bank has failed the very basic of fundamental analysis, you can't create sustainable wealth on nothing or negative equity without injecting new capital into the business.

Auditors are fond of hiding the Koko in small prints.

Always good to read and digest the key audit matters

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2023
That is why I don't even value some of the quarterly financials. They are more likely to be manipulated. Caverton is an example. If you go by their first, second, third, and fourth quarter results for last year, you would be misled into believing that they made an overall profit with a positive EPS. However, the audited results showed something very different.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:18am On Jun 27, 2023
ositadima1:
That is why I don't even value some of the quarterly financials. They are more likely to be manipulated. Caverton is an example. If you go by their first, second, third, and fourth quarter results for last year, you would be misled into believing that they made an overall profit with a positive EPS. However, the audited results showed something very different.

I usually use the previous year's audited financial report, quarterly report or forward looking estimates can be misleading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2023
There is a likelihood that CBN will increase banks equity to a minimum of N100 billion, yet we have some banks with negative equity of N275 billion.

Such banks will need almost N400 billion to stay in business
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2023
Unity Bank has been successfully Pumped and now Dumped on Anywhere Belle Face (A.B.F.) Analysts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2023
Chams at 68kobo.
Full bid

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2023
Na wa o.
You still dey on top this Unity Bank??
Make Una analyse another stock na......cos we have many in NSE.
I believed by now you have communicated your concerns......no matter how you discuss about it, those who will buy will buy.....and not when JAIZ has reversed up self. lipsrsealed

In another news, ETERNA opened on full bid @19.10!!

Transcorp Hotel vexing seriously......sighted @21.29!!

So today, bids have surfaced for UNITY BANK.....we see how it goes....
Seems we forgot that there could be merger or acquisition or buy-over as well.......nothing is impossible in this market.
On full bid @1.08!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2023
yMcy56:
Na wa o.
You still dey on top this Unity Bank??
Make Una analyse another stock na......cos we have many in NSE.
I believed by now you have communicated your concerns......no matter how you discuss about it, those who will buy will buy.....and not when JAIZ has reversed up self. lipsrsealed
Abe make we analyse UACN ,UNILEVER.............
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2023
sterlingD:

Highlight their financials make we see
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2023
sterlingD:
Check thru Oga Emma's posts on UNILEVER, think he did enough justice to it...

We wait for analysis on UACN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:19am On Jun 27, 2023
Going forward we should not be surprised to see Nahco and United Capital at N20.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2023
yMcy56:

Check thru Oga Emma's posts on UNILEVER, think he did enough justice to it...

We wait for analysis on UACN.

I use previous audited financial report, things might have changed for the better or worse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2023
aremso:
Loco, BBM mercy have come again oo after remembering I have FTN I told my former broker to send the CSCS statement to me I saw I still have Japaul oil 50k units I bought during their IPO, all these Kobo stocks have lost interest in them but I know you guys are expert in them. Make I hold or sell? Pls which one is coronation insurance I saw that too and staco insurance!
Oga Aremso, you can hold your JAPAUL and FTNCOCOA.
Sell Coronation, which is Wapic Insurance and Staco.....but Staco has been moribond for several years, so if you want to sell, no one is willing to buy self.

**Final decision to hold or sell is yours to take sir**

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
I use previous audited financial report, things might have changed for the better or worse
Ok Sir.
I think things changed for the better, but you may also look at it at your spare time for updated analysis sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2023
FTN Cocoa Processors Plc, one of Nigeria’s oldest cocoa processors may convert some of the debts owed Mirae Asset Securities formerly Daewoo Securities (Europe) to ordinary shares as it has been unable to generate revenue or make profit due to chronic liquidity crisis. FTN Cocoa is among the four surviving cocoa processors in Nigeria after 16 closed offices in 2018. According to the President of the Cocoa Association of Niger, Sayina Riman, the surviving cocoa companies are Oluji Cocoa Company Ltd, Ile-Oluji; Coop Cocoa Company Akure; Ede Cocoa Plant Products, Osun State and FTN Cocoa. Despite Nigeria’s position as the number 8 largest cocoa exporter, all the companies are struggling. FTN Cocoa crisis began when one of the company’s foreign partners, Transmor Commodity USA, experienced financial problems and went into liquidation. Faced with liquidity crisis, FTN did not generate revenue in the first quarter of the year. There was no sales made from the export of cocoa butter and cocoa cake during the period was zero. The company did not generate revenue from export activities as well as local sales of cocoa cake, cocoa butter, cocoa powder and cocoa liquor, the books showed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2023
^^^
@essentialone
That's old news.....
They already converted it from the look of things.
I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:46am On Jun 27, 2023
yMcy56:
^^^
@essentialone
That's old news.....
They already converted it from the look of things.
I stand to be corrected though.

Wow, that is good Mummy Messi. Because FTN Cocoa and Pharma Deko na 2 companies wey I dey fear ooo. But thanks for the re-assurance. Let me buy them now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2023
GTCO: Back up @33!!
The strength and volume is still there.....

ACCESS moving, now @15.45!
UBA, JAIZ, moving.......
UBA @12!!
NAHCO: 17.25!!
GT, ZEE: 33.10!!

*Caveat: Pls do not take as any form of buy advice*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2023
essentialone:
Wow, that is good Mummy Messi. Because FTN Cocoa and Pharma Deko na 2 companies wey I dey fear ooo. But thanks for the re-assurance. Let me buy them now.
Don't buy because of my post ooo. shocked
Pls Carry out your due diligence....
Check the date for that post and do your background checks as well. What if I'm wrong?

Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2023
yMcy56:

Don't buy because of my post ooo. shocked
Pls Carry out your due diligence....
Check the date for that post and do your background checks as well. What if I'm wrong?

Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o. grin

Anywhere you go, I go dey there ooo.

Omo make una see how love carry me enter FTN Cocoa ooo. Na chocolate them dey produce ni?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2023
essentialone:
Anywhere you go, I go dey there ooo.
Omo make una see how love carry me enter FTN Cocoa ooo. Na chocolate them dey produce ni?
OYO grin
I only corrected on the news you posted.
You may do well to research for updated news on same pls.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dammlonge: 11:33am On Jun 27, 2023
yMcy56:

Ok Sir.
I think things changed for the better, but you may also look at it at your spare time for updated analysis sir.

Plse do you any anything about this stock ma?Champs,Courtville and Ellalakes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2023
MeezPat, would love to know books she could read in order to improve on her investment and stock valuation skills.

Kindly assist her with some of the books that made you better investors and traders
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 11:39am On Jun 27, 2023
debeey87:

What happened the last time they did.
Price went up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2023
Dammlonge:
Plse do you any anything about this stock ma?Champs,Courtville and Ellalakes
I replied your pm but no response.

Pls go for dividend paying stocks....if you're not a trader.

* Yes. Courtville and Champion Brewery are up for delisting/acquisition and their exit prices have been fixed.......both are just still buying their time on NSE.

* Courtville is presently following the euphoria in the market to move up in price.......what could become of those buying high, I do not know.
* Don't know much about Ellah Lakes, but I know it's very very illiquid and can trap funds if care is not taking.

If you're considering buying a stock, liquidity is one of the things to also consider....
Though some of those illiquid ones can keep moving up in this type of period with just few quantities.....but alighting from the bus can be tasking, especially if you're looking at huge volumes.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
MeezPat, would love to know books she could read in order to improve on her investment and stock valuation skills.

Kindly assist her with some of the books that made you better investors and traders

She can head to Amazon . com and type "books on investment and stock valuations" or any other query of her choice in the search bar. Books with high reviews, such as those with thousands of reviews and high star counts, are usually good. The other problem is to find the books in pdf or hardcopy. wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2023
F.u.g.a.z is vexing for inside market oo. shocked
GT/ZEE : leading.....

GTB @34!! shocked

What could be holding Fidelity, Dangsugar down?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7081) (7082) (7083) (7084) (7085) (7086) (7087) ... (8303) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ade205(m), designking, essentialone(m), atigro(m), GeeKudi, MARKETJJC, realking(m), E99E(m), Locotrader(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.