Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11125378 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7194) (7195) (7196) (7197) (7198) (7199) (7200) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Why are there only 4 female CEOs amongst the tier 1 & 2 banks in Nigeria? Why are there only a few women on the list of the 20 richest people in Nigeria?

Dr. Temilola Adeyemi (Senior Research Associate, Money Africa) joins the podcast this week as we discuss "Gender inequalities in wealth creation". She is passionate about financial education, expertly answers the questions above and proposes valid solutions as well.

Thanks for listening and sharing with a female friend, sister or aunt who may just need to hear this conversation.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/88--Gender-inequalities-in-wealth-building-A-chat-with-Dr--Temilola-Adeyemi-e2816dj

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2023
yet again

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pennystockwarri: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2023
Here's a rundown of what happened in the Nigerian stock market last week and what to expect this week

https://twitter.com/quansimodo/status/1690815258573565952?t=JfRRXxK4umLmzn9G2vxx1g&s=19
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bizibi(m): 9:30am On Aug 14, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
That I know.And this criminals have the capacity to pay but have refused to pay back.They equally the ones buying the bank shares to earn position in the bank for another round of loans.Nsija which way forward. Why is fbn not going hard on this debtors like access bank
because em dey benefit from the debtors. I avoided fbn because of the last scandal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2023
BabsO2:

Another option is to monitor closely if the market price is high enough than the rights +N3 to +N6 to sell some shares (up to a fifth of ones holdings) and use the sales proceeds to buy the rights. A word of caution - this should only be done when everything about the rights is firm. Otherwise one may sell and find out the rights is cut short from going ahead.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2023
chimex38:
yet again

Not surprised
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
With what is happening. I am having a rethink to pick up my right issue when the time comes. What are your thoughts
You can go ahead and follow your mind sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2023
AIRTEL
Sale of some shares by CEO to purchase property (Building)......
Still have over 4M units of shares left .....

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/Airtel_Africa_-_Share_Dealing_by_Airtel_Africa_CEO.pdf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
yMcy56:
AIRTEL

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/Airtel_Africa_-_Share_Dealing_bòy_Airtel_Africa_CEO.pdf

Could this be a sign that we should start offloading especially when the CEO don dey think of other investments? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
For people who monitor insider buying and selling:

Insiders sell for different reasons, school fees, divorce, legal fees - endless reasons. However, what you should watch out for is the % of holdings left when they start to sell and also how many of the insiders are selling.

They have been intentional about telling the market WHY he sold, they didn't have to do that.

If your reason for buying is still the same, this notification is NOT a reason to sell.

Goodluck

ololufemi:

Could this be a sign that we should start offloading especially when the CEO don dey think of other investments? grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
ololufemi:
No o. Not any sign to offload...
That was why the reason was stated there.......to buy house, maybe for Madam or mistress .... smiley
He still have more than enough shares left, the units sold was like 0.02% of his holdings.
* Besides, the transaction took place in LSE if I'm right.
Telecoms na where money dey o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
I dont understand what i am seeing on BUACEMENT trade today. It looks mostly like an insider trading trying to not force the price to start next day at low.

about 90,000 units in about 70 places (trades)

The fact the BUA has very little as low as less than 5% floating shares supports my thought.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
yMcy56:
AIRTEL

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/Airtel_Africa_-_Share_Dealing_by_Airtel_Africa_CEO.pdf

Airtel should come to MTN level.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dearstan(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

The right is not necessary, it is a strategy by Otedola and current insiders to consolidate their holdings and ward off Otudeko.

Tony used similar strategy to consolidate his holdings in Africa Prudential Registrar and United Capital.

Most shareholders won't take their rights, Otedola and others will buy the right.

I see Otudeko fighting back by willing to buy the right at a premium from shareholders.

Do you mind sharing more color on how shareholders can exercise their rights? How will this work in practice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
yMcy56:

No o. Not any sign to offload...
That was why the reason was stated there.......to buy house, maybe for Madam or mistress .... smiley
He still have more than enough shares left, the units sold was like 0.02% of his holdings.
* Besides, the transaction took place in LSE if I'm right.
Telecoms na where money dey o.

D stock gave me 10 percent..profit
on LSE ...quite a surprise.. grin cheesy
from a stock I am expectin a big dip...
Cos of their last report..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

Airtel has about 3 billion shares compared to MTN with over 20 billion shares
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
vacanci:
I dont understand what i am seeing on BUACEMENT trade today. It looks mostly like an insider trading trying to not force the price to start next day at low.

about 90,000 units in about 70 places (trades)

The fact the BUA has very little as low as less than 5% floating shares supports my thought.

You should be happy naaaa. At least shares of BUA cement won't fall, although it will also be difficult for it to experience a sustainable capital appreciation

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Airtel has about 3 billion shares compared to MTN with over 20 billion shares

Oh shocked shocked shocked

MTN might do reconstruction.
I think the "SCRIPT" issuance should stop.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
AIRTEL can't come to MTN's level barring any unfortunate incidence.

It's just like saying Geregu should come to Transcorp's level.....

The OS are far apart in terms of volumes......but MTN could work on closing gap with Airtel. One of the ways was what you mentioned - reconstruction.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
chimex38:
For FBN shareholders..
Wahala everywhere.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/08/14/shareholders-accuse-otudeko-of-using-court-to-stop-fbn-holdings-agm
Lol.
I know last week's protest must have some kind of link to Otudeko. .......but the AGM is holding virtually tomorrow according to FBNH news.
Let's see if there'll be distruption or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

Oh shocked shocked shocked

MTN might do reconstruction.
I think the "SCRIPT" issuance should stop.

I think MTN's float is fine as it is.

I love the level of liquidity that comes with investing in MTN shares.

It is Airtel that I see coming to the market to raise additional funds in the future and their outstanding shares will increase as a result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

It will be too sweet... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
CUTIX
Court Ordered meeting to aquire 100% of Adswitch Plc......
Meeting to take place on 25th Aug, 2023
* Adswitch shareholders take note*
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39270_CUTIX_PLC.-NOTICE_OF_COURT_ORDERED_MEETING_FOR_SCHEME_OF_ARRANGEMENT_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_AUGUST_2023.pdf

STANBIC ETF 30 Q2 DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION:
Dividend: N2.52
Qualification Date: 10th Aug, 2023
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39267_STANBIC_IBTC_ASSET_MANAGEMENT_LIMITED-STANBIC_IBTC_ETF_30_Q2_2023_DIVIDEND_DISTRIBUTION_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_AUGUST_2023.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Coolcash1:

It will be too sweet... grin

Yes now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
GreatEko:

I think MTN's float is fine as it is.

I love the level of liquidity that comes with investing in MTN shares.

It is Airtel that I see coming to the market to raise additional funds in the future and their outstanding shares will increase as a result.

Airtel cant raise more than 500 million additional shares valued at about N800 billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol.
I know last week's protest must have some kind of link to Otudeko. .......but the AGM is holding virtually tomorrow according to FBNH news.

Disruption Keh for virtual AGM, once representative of SEC is present at the meeting, o pari

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by reucom: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yes I believe there won't be any problem to be honest. I guess some inner forces are at play here.

Yeah, please Grace put me up to speed where sale of shares is concerned nowadays. What are the charges involved?
Thanks

yMcy56:

Lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:53am On Aug 15, 2023
dearstan:

Do you mind sharing more color on how shareholders can exercise their rights? How will this work in practice.

1. Get your right circular
2. Approach your broker with it. Fill it together with verification form and this will be sent to Registrar
3. After verification, it will be returned to your broker for trading on the floor
4. NGX then create a trading platform where the right will be traded. There is no price range. You buy and sell at any demanding and supplying market price
5. The base right price is determined by juxtaposing the market price and right price against right units and existing units
6. After trading on the floor, your right trading price will be paid to your account after removing charges
7. Thereafter, your broker send the list of all the right traded to the exchange for noting and exchange approval
8. Then your right circular which had earlier been verified by the registrar, noted and stamped by the exchange would then be officially sent back to the Registrar

I have done right trading on CHAMPION BREWERIES, NEIMETH PLC AND UNILEVER PLC right issue in the past

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:03am On Aug 15, 2023
yMcy56:
CUTIX
Court Ordered meeting to aquire 100% of Adswitch Plc......
Meeting to take place on 25th Aug, 2023
* Adswitch shareholders take note*
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39270_CUTIX_PLC.-NOTICE_OF_COURT_ORDERED_MEETING_FOR_SCHEME_OF_ARRANGEMENT_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_AUGUST_2023.pdf

STANBIC ETF 30 Q2 DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION:
Dividend: N2.52
Qualification Date: 10th Aug, 2023
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39267_STANBIC_IBTC_ASSET_MANAGEMENT_LIMITED-STANBIC_IBTC_ETF_30_Q2_2023_DIVIDEND_DISTRIBUTION_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_AUGUST_2023.pdf

If only people know CUTIX ? That company is gold to me

Not a recommendation oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 8:19am On Aug 15, 2023
Eddynut:
Hello guys! You can trade your gift card with me on this line 08139207443 at a very good rate .. try it and you will never regret
wrong thread...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7194) (7195) (7196) (7197) (7198) (7199) (7200) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pesuzok(m), chimex38, megawealth01 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.